Author Topic: 1975 themed board for my friend's 40th (60%/Alps Dampened/Apple/Dyed/Wood)  (Read 2593 times)

Offline Yoe

• Alps & ISO <3
Today one of my friends celebrates his 40th birthday, and I made him a keyboard. I've wanted to post this earlier, but I didn't want him to accidentally see it beforehand. Still a bit early, but I'm posting it anyway. Here come the pics!!

102806-0

102828-1

« Last Edit: Sat, 06 June 2015, 06:51:08 by Yoe »

Offline fknraiden

very nice wiring!

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline yehoshuaf

Looks great. The caps work well with the wood color.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
Very nice Yoe, another fantastic build from you. Have you considered looking into PCB and Case designs, since this is the second custom alps 60% you've made?

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
Wow, another top quality build!

Looks great.

Offline Yoe

• Alps & ISO <3
Very nice Yoe, another fantastic build from you. Have you considered looking into PCB and Case designs, since this is the second custom alps 60% you've made?

Thanks :) I've been considering making a PCB design. Either something like Matteos PCBs, real organic like, with wires to a Teensy. OR a manufactured one with on-board microprocessor like the Alps PCB that Hasu made recently, but then I'd need someone to design it for me, or at least help me out a great deal. On the other hand.. I kind of like hand wiring boards :)

As for case designs I'm just about to start experimenting with casting faux granite cases in polyurethane for my Brown Alps board. Maybe also some flashy transparent ones from epoxy resin or casting polyester with dyes and/or glitter and stuff for other boards. We'll see where I go with this.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Very nice! The design is great, and the build is excellent as well.  :)

Offline rsbseb

• -Horned Rabbit-
Excellent design. Love the colors with the wood. Everyone needs a friend like you.

Offline Yoe

• Alps & ISO <3
Excellent design. Love the colors with the wood. Everyone needs a friend like you.

Very nice! The design is great, and the build is excellent as well.  :)

Thanks, guys! :)

The keyboard was very much appreciated by my friend, so.. mission accomplished :D

Just gonna steal a pic from his instagram real quick and put it here for you… just wonderful to see it in use! :)