Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4183870 times)

Offline funkmon

Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #28450 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 20:13:35 »
What's the difference between a realm and a private server? A realm is basically a virtual server run by Mojang or some ****, isn't it?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28451 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 21:06:50 »
the word realm always makes me laugh

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #28452 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 22:03:23 »
selling DSA sets for $400+ should be an actual crime
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline yui

« Reply #28453 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 02:20:01 »
i will soon lose my job because someone reported me for harassment. while i never tried to hurt them, and only asked them how they were doing once per month because they seemed tired and worried... and yet i really do not want to fight it and want to let them kick me out. i dunno what is wrong with me, i fear that if i defend myself it will have adverse effects on them, and i think i'd rather lose everything than hurt them again.
i am a complete nutjob or is it normal to feel that way?
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline iri

« Reply #28454 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 02:30:29 »
Anglo countries are so profoundly idiotic.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline glibber

« Reply #28455 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 11:30:19 »
Redundant thread titles :p

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #28456 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 17:42:54 »
i will soon lose my job because someone reported me for harassment. while i never tried to hurt them, and only asked them how they were doing once per month because they seemed tired and worried... and yet i really do not want to fight it and want to let them kick me out. i dunno what is wrong with me, i fear that if i defend myself it will have adverse effects on them, and i think i'd rather lose everything than hurt them again.

i mean if it really is as simple as you say, it'd be bat**** to just accept that and equally as ridiculous to be concerned for them when you're simply defending yourself. although i have a feeling that if it was enough to be reported for harassment, there might be some more to this story

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #28457 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 18:17:33 »

i mean if it really is as simple as you say, it'd be bat**** to just accept that and equally as ridiculous to be concerned for them when you're simply defending yourself. although i have a feeling that if it was enough to be reported for harassment, there might be some more to this story

That's insane, Yui requires counter-strat.  Explain further.

//Unless he really did commit harrassment, and this is his counter-strat to aggregate online sympathy to offset his afk evil deeds.. :D 

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28458 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 22:20:39 »

Always remember HR is not there to help you, but to triage any damage to the company. They are not your friend and do not follow logic.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #28459 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 23:37:23 »

Always remember HR is not there to help you, but to triage any damage to the company. They are not your friend and do not follow logic.

^^^^^^^^

Offline yui

« Reply #28460 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 01:37:33 »

well we were good friend, i went into deep suicidal depression with covid lockdowns, they helped me get back up and then after i made a suicide joke and they stopped talking al together making me rather worried about them, and trying to fix things, prompting the asking how they felt every once in a while.
don't get me wrong, i am the one who hurt them most, kinda why i did not want to defend myself either.
and when i was sick i may have alluded that i loved them... so maybe that before a suicide joke did not help...

Offline yui

« Reply #28461 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 03:26:48 »
going to get heard in 20 minutes, will make sure the jury get behind them, everything will be easier that way, they get what they want and so i kinda do too, everyone is a winner that way.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28462 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 08:05:00 »
going to get heard in 20 minutes, will make sure the jury get behind them, everything will be easier that way, they get what they want and so i kinda do too, everyone is a winner that way.

remember,  Confidence = Not Guilty

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28463 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 08:20:17 »

i went into deep suicidal depression with covid lockdowns

then after i made a suicide joke

When people make light of something that was recently deadly serious (no pun) it is profoundly disturbing to me.

At best it is disingenuous and insensitive, but generally I am left with the distinct impression that the crisis is still festering underground and is more likely to return than not.

Mistakes and danger are opportunities for learning and growth, and the best thing to do for yourself (and those around you) is to demonstrate that you fully understood the situation and are making efforts to ensure that it won't occur again.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28464 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 08:23:32 »

i went into deep suicidal depression with covid lockdowns

then after i made a suicide joke

When people make light of something that was recently deadly serious (no pun) it is profoundly disturbing to me.

At best it is disingenuous and insensitive, but generally I am left with the distinct impression that the crisis is still festering underground and is more likely to return than not.

Mistakes and danger are opportunities for learning and growth, and the best thing to do for yourself (and those around you) is to demonstrate that you fully understood the situation and are making efforts to ensure that it won't occur again.

That's blatantly against Capitalism.

Heart Attack is our #1 killer.  We know how to have 0 heart attacks, they figured it out in the 70s. The Pritikins Diet, that no one's heard of.

But 70% of large Hospital Income is from Heart related surgeries. People like pizza, and Hospitals like money. Capitalist Collusion.

Why Collusion, SUBSIDIES + Reglator capture. Even if you don't eat fish or beef or eggs or chicken or pork, you still pay for it in the form of taxes.

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #28465 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 09:20:55 »
r/mk

Why they gotta be condescending, passive aggressive, gatekeeping little dipsh!ts? I thought the keyboard community was better than that.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28466 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 10:08:18 »
r/mk

Why they gotta be condescending, passive aggressive, gatekeeping little dipsh!ts? I thought the keyboard community was better than that.

Young people are like that.

Remember high school,  remember the people who weren't learning anything,  now imagine poor people,  now imagine poor people with barely a high school education.

This represents the overwhelming majority of hughmahns.

We'd like to believe ery1 nos how to read/write/think.  That's just not true, they're a little smarter than dogs most of the time,  throw in insecurity and income gap.. BAM, Nazis are back.

Offline yui

« Reply #28467 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 10:27:34 »

frankly taking it lightly helps a lot, when you are in the thick of it, at least it helped me, and yeah it was insensitive for sure, i see it now, did not back then. and now that i have the missing pieces i understand but i only now got them, after 7 months of not knowing and doing the wrong things because i was worried.

remember,  Confidence = Not Guilty

well that work when you do want to not be guilty, although the jury saw trough the fact that i was working hard against myself and i had to go against the person... i hate it but they would not let me... even had to tell them when there was a lie in the declaration...

on an other note,
r/mk

all communities have those and usually those are either the newer peoples or very old members. forums like GH tend to scare the younger and immature audience, and the community in itself is a bit too old to have the old gatekeepers, so forums seems like a sweet-spot, or at least that is my reading of it, i know i am useless at using reddit... well pretty much any social medias :)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #28468 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 17:45:06 »
GH on April Fools is hilarious because the quality of the IC board actually goes up
I love Elzy

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28469 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 12:02:47 »
My bandcamp wishlist is nearly twice as big as my collection thanks to reading reviews and adding things to listen to 'later' and later never coming - if I don't sleep all weekend I still wont catch up.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline jamster

« Reply #28470 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 01:12:29 »
GH on April Fools is hilarious because the quality of the IC board actually goes up

It was honestly hard to tell the difference between April Fools threads and serious ones, without checking the thread creation date.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #28471 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 16:58:02 »

wait you mean there are boards besides IC and GB? nah that can't be true

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28472 on: Fri, 09 April 2021, 20:28:14 »
Holy crow can I not stand Russell Brand. Everything he says and does completely puts me off, he comes across so incredibly nonchalantly pretentious. I would rather hang out with Hitler for an evening than spend 10 minutes talking with Russell Brand.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28473 on: Fri, 09 April 2021, 21:09:16 »
Holy crow can I not stand Russell Brand. Everything he says and does completely puts me off, he comes across so incredibly nonchalantly pretentious. I would rather hang out with Hitler for an evening than spend 10 minutes talking with Russell Brand.

I feel the same way about Andy Samberg. /Maximum cringe

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #28474 on: Fri, 09 April 2021, 21:15:59 »

I feel the same way about Andy Samberg. /Maximum cringe

You shut your mouth.  :))

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28476 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 17:38:42 »
Life insurance policies in my state have a 2 year clause for suicide, meaning it does not take effect for 2 years if the cause of death is suicidal.
That is such a long time to wait, but then again it won't really matter if you're already dead.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #28477 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 03:54:28 »
Life insurance policies in my state have a 2 year clause for suicide, meaning it does not take effect for 2 years if the cause of death is suicidal.
That is such a long time to wait, but then again it won't really matter if you're already dead.

Noisy, I'm worried about you... :eek:
Wanna bro-hug?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline yui

« Reply #28478 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 04:12:43 »
i am the only one seeing that as an incentive for the bank to try and make you suicide? if you do in the 2 years they keep the money, or am i reading that wrong? for some reason i have not trouble imagining a banker try that if it is the case...

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28479 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 07:45:04 »
If you're willing to invest money so someone gets rich when you die surely they're close enough to not put through dealing with a suicide (been there, the guilt at not preventing it is not fun) so what does it matter?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28480 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 08:25:00 »
If you're willing to invest money so someone gets rich when you die surely they're close enough to not put through dealing with a suicide (been there, the guilt at not preventing it is not fun) so what does it matter?

Off Shore Wind.. if you want to get rich.. Go Wind p0wr

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #28481 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 04:34:39 »
Might be headed into a depression.
Feels like it at least so far, all the symptoms match.
Will know more on the 28th when I see my doctor.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28482 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 07:25:44 »

Eat Veggies,  Buy a Piano.....

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #28483 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 07:26:25 »

Eat Veggies,  Buy a Piano.....

Yeah, sure. I'll get right on that.

Offline yui

« Reply #28484 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 08:27:12 »
the eat veggies part is not going to do much, but picking up a new hobby if you are not too far gone already will help, not that i talk of experience of anything.
and also one thing that helps me a lot is to try and make peoples happier, i spend way too much money in gifts and cake supplies but then it prevent me from killing myself, so good overall, i think. although the downside of that is when i hurt someone it really hurts me inside, so i try to be the best i can.
oh and some doctors may be *******s, mine told me i could never get out of it without taking hard addictive drugs, that i refused to take because addictive.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28485 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 08:28:58 »
the eat veggies part is not going to do much, but picking up a new hobby if you are not too far gone already will help, not that i talk of experience of anything.
and also one thing that helps me a lot is to try and make peoples happier, i spend way too much money in gifts and cake supplies but then it prevent me from killing myself, so good overall, i think. although the downside of that is when i hurt someone it really hurts me inside, so i try to be the best i can.
oh and some doctors may be *******s, mine told me i could never get out of it without taking hard addictive drugs, that i refused to take because addictive.
How come yui no buy Tp4 new piano..

Offline yui

« Reply #28486 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 08:39:18 »
How come yui no buy Tp4 new piano..
Show Image

yeah not got the budget for that, with the buying a house and caring for 4 random stray cats that came with the house :) and i already spent 1800 euros on gifts at xmas and one of my coworker really did not appreciate the gifts (i think she may have thought i wanted something back, it was a wrong assuption)... so i kinda reduced the amounts since then. and man you are a tiny bit far too :)

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #28487 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 08:43:19 »
I am already trying to combat it.
Didn't pick up a new hobby but I have tons of videogames to play when the weather sucks. When the weather is good I try to be outside as much as possible. Luckily the wife loves the outside too, so we just chill on the terrasse.
I do need to excercise more though, I know that. So hopefully going to be taking some walks.

Offline iri

« Reply #28488 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 08:54:02 »
Judging by the happiness statistics, Danish doctors don't hesitate to prescribe antidepressants, so you'll be fine StickyBlueJuice  :)
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #28489 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 08:58:47 »
Judging by the happiness statistics, Danish doctors don't hesitate to prescribe antidepressants, so you'll be fine StickyBlueJuice  :)
I'd rather do without those though.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28490 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 09:12:25 »

But who knows, glenn gould was on a massive amount of Dr00gs, he was a hypochondriac and went to multiple doctors taking multiple scripts of medication.   Sure he died young, but his pianism is top 10 in recorded history.

Offline yui

« Reply #28491 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 09:21:08 »
Luckily the wife loves the outside too, so we just chill on the terrasse.
good thing for you, you have someone who is likely to support and help you, that is important, and she is unlikely to get scared of you if you give her love and cakes :)
and when it comes to exercise you can also do part of it indoor when it rains, during lock-down i did a lot of push ups and weight lifting with 5L water jugs for example.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #28492 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 09:25:03 »
Good. The word "antidepressant" is a misnomer. They should only be taken while undergoing therapy with a psychiatrist.
What the drug actually does besides mellowing your ups and downs is to make your mind more malleable, to make it easier for the psychiatrist to help you acquire better thought-patterns. But the drug could also make it easier to acquire destructive thought-patterns instead if there is nobody there to guide your way.

Then there's the month of use before it starts showing a positive effect, during which the drug induces a clinical depression which could be worse than what you had to begin with. There have been many cases of suicide within that first month.
Therefore, "antidepressants" without therapy often do more harm than good.

When the weather is good I try to be outside as much as possible. Luckily the wife loves the outside too, so we just chill on the terrasse.
I do need to excercise more though, I know that. So hopefully going to be taking some walks.
Sounds good. Companionship, mild exercise and experiencing nature are natural antidepressants that do work!

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #28493 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 11:21:52 »
and when it comes to exercise you can also do part of it indoor when it rains, during lock-down i did a lot of push ups and weight lifting with 5L water jugs for example.
That is a good idea.
I'm sure I can find something to lift. If nothing else I'll use the wood pellet bags we have. I think they're 15kg.

Good. The word "antidepressant" is a misnomer. They should only be taken while undergoing therapy with a psychiatrist.
What the drug actually does besides mellowing your ups and downs is to make your mind more malleable, to make it easier for the psychiatrist to help you acquire better thought-patterns. But the drug could also make it easier to acquire destructive thought-patterns instead if there is nobody there to guide your way.

Then there's the month of use before it starts showing a positive effect, during which the drug induces a clinical depression which could be worse than what you had to begin with. There have been many cases of suicide within that first month.
Therefore, "antidepressants" without therapy often do more harm than good.

When the weather is good I try to be outside as much as possible. Luckily the wife loves the outside too, so we just chill on the terrasse.
Sounds good. Companionship, mild exercise and experiencing nature are natural antidepressants that do work!

Yeah it's terrible stuff, the drugs. And they take years of your life too.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28494 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 12:30:41 »
I am already trying to combat it.
Didn't pick up a new hobby but I have tons of videogames to play when the weather sucks. When the weather is good I try to be outside as much as possible. Luckily the wife loves the outside too, so we just chill on the terrasse.

Gaspp.. dat solar radiation, it burns.... can already feel it depleting Tp4's antioxidant reserves

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #28495 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 10:51:09 »
Got severe abdominal pain last night so I went to the emergency room. Got pain relief and diagnosed with having pushed out a gallstone.

What's bothering me the most though is that they had put me next to coughing COVID patients ...
So ... now I'm preparing for some self-isolation (even more than "usual") during which I'm waiting to either getting ill, or for finding myself all-clear in a couple of weeks.

Edit: It's been two weeks without symptoms, so it seems that I would have got off safe. In 1% of cases, symptoms have shown up later though.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 April 2021, 06:53:20 by Findecanor »

Offline jamster

« Reply #28496 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 12:36:27 »
Got severe abdominal pain last night so I went to the emergency room. Got pain relief and diagnosed with having pushed out a gallstone.

What's bothering me the most though is that they had put me next to coughing COVID patients ...
So ... now I'm preparing for some self-isolation (even more than "usual") during which I'm waiting to either getting ill, or for finding myself all-clear in a couple of weeks.

WTF?! They don't have the covid patients in a dedicated ward or semi hermetically sealed off somewhere?

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #28497 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 12:43:07 »
TLDR - scalpers, graphics cards, NVIDIA.

I've been using the same GPU in my rig since 2016, a GTX 1080. I'm aiming for the RTX 3080. Just want ONE GPU man!

Happened to be up last night and refreshed the Microcenter website, and they had restocked THREE RTX 3080's.... Why only 3??? I didn't check the Radeon cards.... Not my thing.

So by 4AM when I finally got to Microcenter, there were no less than 5 or 6 people camped out on the sidewalk in a line, chilling in beach chairs! (there were like 10 cars parked) They open at 10AM! It's insane. I saw the crowd and just left. Half of those dudes have to be scalpers  :(

Anyways, the biggest thing that bothers me is how much people are willing to pay for the upgrade... Please don't buy cards for over double MSRP... Cards that came out in September 2020.... Please tell me it's going to get back to normal before 2022 :-\
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28498 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 14:18:24 »
TLDR - scalpers, graphics cards, NVIDIA.

I've been using the same GPU in my rig since 2016, a GTX 1080. I'm aiming for the RTX 3080. Just want ONE GPU man!

Happened to be up last night and refreshed the Microcenter website, and they had restocked THREE RTX 3080's.... Why only 3??? I didn't check the Radeon cards.... Not my thing.

So by 4AM when I finally got to Microcenter, there were no less than 5 or 6 people camped out on the sidewalk in a line, chilling in beach chairs! (there were like 10 cars parked) They open at 10AM! It's insane. I saw the crowd and just left. Half of those dudes have to be scalpers  :(

Anyways, the biggest thing that bothers me is how much people are willing to pay for the upgrade... Please don't buy cards for over double MSRP... Cards that came out in September 2020.... Please tell me it's going to get back to normal before 2022 :-\

People that pay scalper prices are just as much to blame as the actual scalpers. **** both parties with a rusted flanged mace.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #28499 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 09:08:28 »
I tried to join a GB today. The shipping pricing was insane. I know that being out of Con-US weighs in, but it is hard to pay over $30 dollars for the shipping for some alphas that cost $20.