Author Topic: Drink Water  (Read 4974 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Drink Water
« on: Mon, 04 September 2023, 18:40:49 »
Eavesdropped on a conversation today.

Guy 1 said,  I am thinking about switching to water, I heard that it can help me lose weight.

Guy 2 replied, That's ridiculous, water taste terrible.

So do both these people not drink ANY-water ? Are there lots of anti-water people like this ?

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Re: Drink Water
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 04 September 2023, 19:08:45 »
If definitely a minority but it's larger than you would think. Some people just don't like the taste of water, I've seen videos of people who admitted they don't like the taste of water or used to. Some people use additives like g-fuel to give it a flavour that works for them, some don't drink water and just eat a lot of water rich foods or other liquids like soft drinks and coffee to make sure they don't die.

https://www.quora.com/I-dont-drink-water-at-all-Is-that-bad

Found this quora post which has some stuff about it.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 04 September 2023, 19:41:21 »
At first I thought the first guy was just joking, then realized neither of these people drink water.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 04 September 2023, 20:46:26 »

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 05 September 2023, 05:51:22 »
switching to water, from what?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 05 September 2023, 06:11:41 »

It's possible they could be exclusive tea drinkers.

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 05 September 2023, 08:29:23 »

It's possible they could be exclusive tea drinkers.

I have a hard time drinking the recommended amount of straight water daily. By drinking weak tea with a little sucralose added, I can much more easily get in my quota. Perfection can by the enemy of improvement.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 05 September 2023, 09:00:25 »
I have a hard time drinking the recommended amount of straight water daily. By drinking weak tea with a little sucralose added, I can much more easily get in my quota. Perfection can by the enemy of improvement.

Been trying a few different sugar substitutes. So Far, Aspartame game me ultra ultra bad Migraines.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 05 September 2023, 10:52:32 »

Guy 1 said,  I am thinking about switching to water, I heard that it can help me lose weight.

So do both these people not drink ANY-water ? Are there lots of anti-water people like this ?

Show Image

I am like this. I never drink water.

In the morning I drink one half litre of 0% sugar squash and a cup of hot chocolate, for lunch a litre of milk, and in the evening another litre and a half. The rest is tea, generally around 3 litres. Of course  beer (generally 2-4 litres) on some days, or other alcoholic drinks (cocktails, spirits, etc.)

I simply don't see the point of drinking water. It has NO FLAVOUR. Why not drink something that has actual flavour, even if it's almost all water?

It boggles my mind that literally EVERY SINGLE co-worker in my building has a water bottle on their desk that they use so they can drink the stuff all day long. It's so basic to them, it might as well be a leg or something. Absolutely cannot comprehend this.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 05 September 2023, 13:23:40 »
for lunch a litre of milk, and in the evening another litre and a half.

Chyros, drinking that much milk is going to give you prostate cancer, it's the #1 correlation for hormone dependent cancers in men. That is ontop of increasing your androgens which leads to rapid hair loss and potentially gynecomastia.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 05 September 2023, 17:52:59 »
I simply don't see the point of drinking water. It has NO FLAVOUR. Why not drink something that has actual flavour, even if it's almost all water?

I know water doesn't have a flavour, but cold water is like the most refreshing thing ever I don't know why people don't drink it.

Sure tea and soft drink tastes good but it doesn't hit quite like water
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 05 September 2023, 18:44:55 »
I have definitely had bad-tasting water, but a big glass of cold water is ideal for both quenching thirst and cooling off. I use a pour-through filter and keep it in the refrigerator. During hot weather when I come inside overheated from the environment and/or my activity, a liter of near-freezing water quickly delivered to the core of my body is the fastest way to cool down.

And, as much as I enjoy the taste of many different liquids, very few of them really quench a thirst (but cold milk is one of those). Beer and soft drinks, in particular, tend to make me feel thirsty and crave more.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 05 September 2023, 19:33:33 »
Water has a flavor, it's typically dependent on the minerals in it.

Offline LavenderB

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 09:51:09 »
I think people only dislike water because they drink sugary beverages all the time, not the other way around. Once you start disliking water it's a self-sustaining cycle, but the initial cause is still the excess of sugary beverages.
Safa | 1993 UK ISO-DE Model M  | Frog TKL | 3d printed bakeneko | Akko 5075s

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 10:16:10 »
I think people only dislike water because they drink sugary beverages all the time, not the other way around. Once you start disliking water it's a self-sustaining cycle, but the initial cause is still the excess of sugary beverages.

There is probably a lot to be said about how the abundance of sugar has altered what we prefer to drink but there is more to it than that. In the last few years, I have pretty much eliminated processed sugar from my diet so I don’t think my preference for slightly sweetened water is purely rooted in my sweet tooth. As odd as it may seem, my throat feels dry and scratchy when I drink more water than I naturally would choose to. Older people (like me) habitually get dehydrated easily because their bodies don’t naturally crave the amount of fluids that they should have. If ”a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down,” then I’ll gladly take it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 13:57:29 »

Well it makes sense that it's a learned behavior, it wouldn't have been possible to drink anything besides muddy water most of the time throughout evolution.

If you had even "clean" water back then, that would've been like champagne

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 18 September 2023, 07:33:28 »
My dad won't drink straight water unless its literally his only option. The main thing he drinks is sugar-free flavored water with that flavor powder stuff. I love water though, one of my favorite drinks.
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 23 September 2023, 07:24:49 »
I drink almost no sugary beverages but still almost never water.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 25 September 2023, 06:53:08 »

Show Image

I am like this. I never drink water.

In the morning I drink one half litre of 0% sugar squash and a cup of hot chocolate, for lunch a litre of milk, and in the evening another litre and a half. The rest is tea, generally around 3 litres. Of course  beer (generally 2-4 litres) on some days, or other alcoholic drinks (cocktails, spirits, etc.)

It boggles my mind that literally EVERY SINGLE co-worker in my building has a water bottle on their desk that they use so they can drink the stuff all day long. It's so basic to them, it might as well be a leg or something. Absolutely cannot comprehend this.

People who say water has no flavor have no taste buds.
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D