Author Topic: [GB] Wonderland PCB & Lubrigante Acrylic Case - Finished 12/2019  (Read 83655 times)

Offline homerowco

• Homerow.Co
I will update this post tomorrow with more details, meanwhile feel free to join us on Discord if you have any questions: https://discord.gg/t2rrhfg

The Wonderland PCB and the Lubrigante Acrylic Case Kit Group Buy is opening for everyone:
$44 for a PCB and $68 for a clean acrylic case in various colors!*

You can find any further details on the GB form: https://forms.gle/V4YCsGoxYWUvY4UF7
Please, please, please read the description to answer all your questions ahead of selecting any options!**

Starts: NOW!
Ends: 1 Week from NOW or when a limit is reached where I think it does not get out of control. (~100 kits)
Estimated delivery: Around end of next month (may) if the keeb gods shine bright on us.***

* plus Shipping & PayPal fees
** Seriously, read it!
*** Worst case end of June, you know how it goes... lets just say I have no trust in customs.

UPDATE 01

As you can see it's closed now the latest update can be read here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/bepb33/update01gb_wonderland_pcb_lubrigante_acrylic_case/

Links to some clips from the latest stream where I answered various questions:
Typing: https://clips.twitch.tv/AltruisticTriangularArugulaSpicyBoy
Bending: https://clips.twitch.tv/SpunkyPiercingOxCharlieBitMe
Glowing: https://clips.twitch.tv/ExuberantProtectiveBeanBudBlast
Rotating: https://clips.twitch.tv/ZanyTemperedSquirrelAsianGlow

UPDATE 02

Latest update is here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/bj4oyi/update02gb_wonderland_pcb_lubrigante_acrylic_case/

Short version:
We decided to do two colors, black and white silkscreen PCBs! Meaning you can now change your order if you dont want your order of black or white or if you picked anything else or dont care and you DONT want black. All choices that arent black or white will default to black! Let me know asap, if possible on discord: https://discord.gg/t2rrhfg
If you have selected 2 PCB's you can now pick one of each, black and white, if you want. If you don't let me know it will default to black on the second PCB as well!

FINISHED - As of December 2019
In total we sold nearly 750 cases with around 200 of them wildcard R2 versions through over 500 orders!
In 4 orders we had broken layers which were replaced for free right away, one package went to the wrong address but was forwarded by the neighbor, one was sent back because the recipient had moved and we delivered it to the new address. Not a single package was lost, as far as we know. Packages had an average delivery time of 11 days, with one being in California within 5 days and the fasted went to Germany and was delivered in under 48 hours. We also had 60 packages stuck in US customs for 3 weeks.
We did had two complaints that I remember, one about the wrong standoffs and one about a not smooth outline.
Overall the group buy took from around April to September and the last 200 cases were send mid December 2019.
99% of the delay was due to the insane amount of 5mm acrylic we had to order that was just not available at any distributor anywhere near to us or the countries over. We had to order directly at Perspex in the UK, in case of the matte black. They literally had to cast us industrial sized sheets of 3x2 meter and then cut and transport it across the EU to us. Same applies to the GMK Striker Blue color that was made in Italy specifically for this group buy. Our matte (frosted) acrylics were all double side which is not only the most expensive version but also very uncommon, hence we had to buy the 5mm double side frosted clear from all three different distributors in Poland. We waited a total of 3 month just for the acrylic to be ordered, scheduled, manufactured and/or delivered.
As a reminder, 5mm Perspex custom made double side frosted for just $68 is an absolute steal.
The cost is also reflected in our income and final profit. After all total cost (not including labour) and post taxes we made a stunning $4 per case. That comes out to a total of $3,000 profit for many month of labour of producing, transporting, storing, packing, shipping, customer support, ...

I will complete and update this post over the week to give more insight about the whole process in preparation of the next rounds of this case and other projects.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 September 2020, 12:10:46 by homerowco »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Re: [GB] Wonderland PCB & Lubrigante Acrylic Case - Open Now
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 23:16:41 »
Approval bump!
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 23:22:12 »
Wonderful!

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 14 April 2019, 00:24:08 »
Joined can't wait

Offline homerowco

• Homerow.Co
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 14 April 2019, 08:33:40 »
thanks @photoelectric ;)

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 14 April 2019, 18:09:53 »
ordered one. Now that it is going in batches, how long do you think it will be to complete the GB?

Offline gabbbe

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 00:50:41 »
I already joined the PCB gb. Can I get the case only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 02:05:28 »
Ordered two. One to match Red Riot when I finally get my sets, the other for the matte black aesthetic.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 09:59:13 »
[NM]
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2019, 16:12:55 by DukeEsquire »

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 11:23:25 »
Excellent.
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 April 2019, 13:36:23 by wholypantalones »

Offline mrboli

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 11:56:21 »
Entered the GB via the form.

I didn't see an option to to get a different color for the PCB for the second, is it that only one color for the PCB will be manufactured?

When do we send the payment / will get the invoice?
KBD67 Zealios V2 65g | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco TKL MX Black | Razer BlackWidow

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 12:17:30 »
Entered the GB via the form.

I didn't see an option to to get a different color for the PCB for the second, is it that only one color for the PCB will be manufactured?

When do we send the payment / will get the invoice?

There is only one PCB color, that's whats being voted on. From the discord discussion, it looks like White/USB-C are winning out by a large margin. GB closes on the 20th, so I'm guessing invoices will start going out then. They're doing FCFS batches, so if you're in later you might not get one right away - but if you're in then you're in, you just have to be patient ;)

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 21:33:24 »
the form is closed now and i would like to add another PCB, is that still possible?

Offline keimura

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 22:06:41 »
I would like to add another case and also double check that I filled out the form correctly. I have a feeling that I didn't read properly and didn't select a plate with my case...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 22:09:49 »
I would like to add another case and also double check that I filled out the form correctly. I have a feeling that I didn't read properly and didn't select a plate with my case...

if you filled out the form properly you should have an email with your responses and a link to edit them

(unless it's closed in which case you're doing the right thing)
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline keimura

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 11:20:17 »

if you filled out the form properly you should have an email with your responses and a link to edit them

(unless it's closed in which case you're doing the right thing)

Thanks! I checked and yeah I did forget to choose a plate to go with my case...

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 12:58:54 »
Missed it, dope  :rolleyes:

Offline ThePanduuh

• Discord @ThePanduuh#0001
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 23:16:39 »
Ordered two. One to match Red Riot when I finally get my sets, the other for the matte black aesthetic.
fancy seeing you here. I see you picked 2 of these up, 2 of these will still cost you less than the UHMW one. admit it, you too like cheap Alice ;) I'm stoked for this as soon as I saw the files Zambu put up I started doing research then this just makes it all easier I don't have to waste moneys on acrylic to find out how to laser cut it. it's done for me :D This is the real budget Alice we all need.
Bias BE | Polaris | Frog | Matrix 8xv2.0 Add | Iron165 SE | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | Cypher

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 15:40:14 »
Sad I missed this. Got really interested but forgot to check out. If anytime there will be extras or extra rounds, I'll be quite excitingly waiting.

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 22:44:32 »
damn, how did I miss this

I really wanted one of these bad boys

will there be extras?

Offline TuCZnak

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 02:03:38 »
Goddamnit how is this closed already? It was supposed to last for a week, I really wanted in :(

Offline blizzara01

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 03:08:49 »
Goddamnit how is this closed already? It was supposed to last for a week, I really wanted in :(
Ends: 1 Week from NOW or when a limit is reached where I think it does not get out of control. (~100 kits)

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 03:16:05 »
can non-step caps lock be a choice?

oops, didn't see it has already finished
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline TuCZnak

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 04:51:36 »

I can read, just didn't realize there would be such a demand :/

Offline Dissitesuxba11s

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 09:53:52 »
Really wish I pulled the trigger when I initially saw this.

Hope it opens up again.

Offline p_blaze

Re: [GB] Wonderland PCB & Lubrigante Acrylic Case - CLOSED
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 22:53:38 »
Personally, I just didn't know about this until it was too late. I really hope you decide to run a round 2 or open up for more orders, I really wanted to try an ergo board without breaking the bank.

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 13:32:58 »
Slept on this, hope you do another round!

Offline fanovorc

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 20 April 2019, 22:20:35 »
i missed it again, sad

Offline cucgach

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 13:02:26 »
never spot this GB.. hoping for R2 or even better open for more orders..
Current: Filco TKL Majestouch | TX60 antique brass | NIU40 silver | H360 burgundy | tr.mk wooden 60 | Imperial Hue 60 | Tofu 65 silver | Tofu WKL navy | Gergo Kit: black PCB | Space65 gray/silver | VN66 Black
Future: none
Past: TinaC HHKB gray | TX84Se titan gray | Leopold 660M white | GSX96 R2 purple | Rama M60-A lake | 0.01 Z70 silver | E7-V1 MAO | Rama M6-A | TMO50 green/poly | HB85 black/gray | TX108se titan gray | Typewriter68 ceramic white | Think6.5 frost poly

Offline bball2

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 24 April 2019, 16:14:59 »
Invoice received and paid!

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 17:02:23 »
Have all invoices been sent out? Haven’t received mine yet.

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 19:36:04 »
Have all invoices been sent out? Haven’t received mine yet.

Me neither, I was assuming since they said it was going to be done in batches it would come later. I definitely got my order in toward the end.
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline Gobluebro

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 12:52:33 »
Just got my invoice! Very excited to see this

Offline gabbbe

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 12:54:48 »
Invoice paid :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 18:00:14 »
Just got/paid my invoice too!
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline boog

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 18:34:18 »
Invoice paid  :thumb:
Thanks!

Offline ItsAllen

June, here we are. How are things looking?

Offline homerowco

• Homerow.Co
June, here we are. How are things looking?

Best to keep updated on discord! :D

All things run pretty smoothly so far - clear acrylic production started today, will be done end of week or mon/tue next:

Still working on the color versions and frosted full size samples.

PCB will start production this week. So we still looking as planned around july for shipping.

No updates here cause there isn't really anything "big" to report since it's all running smooth.

On the other hand on discord I keep flooding people with small updates ;)
There have been a few streams of acrylic proto fitting of stabs etc. on twitch and an update on the full color LED cutouts but that's all small stuff really.

Offline Poesjuh

Imo small updates like "everything on track, doing x and y now" are better than no updates

Offline The_Royal

• That's what I call, a Sunday.
Imo small updates like "everything on track, doing x and y now" are better than no updates

Like he mentioned a few times, Join the discord! He’s on there almost everyday with information and discussions.

Sometimes hourly update lol

Offline Poesjuh

I am on the Discord... :P but I imagine not everyone being there since nowadays everybody and their mother has a channel :P

Offline Darknight00z

.... nowadays everybody and their mother has a channel :P

Lol +1

Definitely agreed, im in all of the servers, but I rarely check them since there is just so much noise and other chitchat going on. Geekhack updates are just much cleaner.

Offline The_Royal

• That's what I call, a Sunday.
.... nowadays everybody and their mother has a channel :P

Lol +1

Definitely agreed, im in all of the servers, but I rarely check them since there is just so much noise and other chitchat going on. Geekhack updates are just much cleaner.

I can see that being an annoyance. But that’s what Pins are for, and he has a “non-discussion” update page within the main Homerow Co. Discord that he posts the important stuff.

Doesn’t get bogged down with anything but updates.

Offline Poesjuh

Yeah well. Afaik one of the rules of posting a GB on GH is to have the main bulk of updates actually on here, not on a Discord. Plus, but this is just me, I'm not a fan of having 10+ Discord channels only to check up on updates scrolling through each one where one might have a main "update channel" but the others are a complete ****show of spam :P I personally prefer to have a quick 2 min glance here to see. But again, that's just me.

Offline homerowco

• Homerow.Co

there's a dedicated updates channel where i post bigger updates and if someone needs to make a decision @everyone is used so you don't miss the important stuff :)

Yeah well. Afaik one of the rules of posting a GB on GH is to have the main bulk of updates actually on here, not on a Discord. Plus, but this is just me, I'm not a fan of having 10+ Discord channels only to check up on updates scrolling through each one where one might have a main "update channel" but the others are a complete ****show of spam :P I personally prefer to have a quick 2 min glance here to see. But again, that's just me.

that's okay then, the GB here was approved and published 3 or 4 days after the GB already ended and only after asking a not market related mod to approved it... so technically nobody "on GH" is in the GB anyway :P

also there is a dedicated update channel on the HR discord server which is read only, so no ****show of spam - see attachment :)

Offline homerowco

• Homerow.Co
Here a quick rundown on updates posted in the dedicated update channel on Discord:

05/07/2019 UPDATE: I sent out payment reminders - let me know if you want to cancel please - we slowly need to prepare for mass purchase of acrylic! Yes, I know you want to see prototypes but I still need to know who's in and who isn't. PCB color also need to be set or as mentioned earlier you will default to BLACK.

05/09/2019 INFO: custom sized box prototype arrived today!

05/10/2019 UPDATE: ALPS plate orders will need to be switched to either MX, cancelled, or take a carbon fiber option I can offer at no additional cost as a curtesy for the confusion! Please message me ASAP if you're one of the 8 alps orders! Also check your inbox, you should have received a ticket from our helpdesk!

05/13/2019 UPDATE: reminder for the afternoon and evening side of the planet: GB INVOICE PERIOD IS ENDING - IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID YET AND NOT TOLD ME TO MARK YOU AS PAYING LATER: Your order will be cancelled tonight! Please let me know asap via discord or support@homerow.co if you want any further changes, want to cancel, or pay later! Also before you cancel or refund an order you already paid for via paypal, please try to find someone who wants to fill your spot or let me know ahead and I will find someone - PP now keep all the fees...  I rather have an exchange of money going directly vs losing the fees. Thanks!

05/14/2019 UPDATE: Exciting update! I finally managed, and it really took some self management, to ordered every single piece of of bumpons we need. :smiley:

05/16/2019 UPDATE: "Your invoices have been canceled." - All unpaid invoices if I was not otherwise notified are now cancelled.

05/23/2019 [LubWon GB][UPDATE]: Last final version wasn't a perfect fit for zeal/enjoypbt stabs so I made another version which is already with the laser guys waiting to be cut - acrylic sheets order for clear is already on its way.

05/29/2019 [LubWon GB][UPDATE]: Last last final final version was a perfect fit with zeal/gateron stabs! Production of easily available clear acrylic is starting this week!

Offline boog

:D  :thumb:

Offline homerowco

• Homerow.Co
Small mid progress update: Clear acrylic plates are done.

Still need to produce the other 70% or plates and wait for the PCBs (3-6 weeks).
On the upside, cutting 30% of plates took 8 days and that included extreme temperature days with extended laser cool down breaks.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
Nice! Have you got any pics of the clear stuff? Curious to see how that's looking since I only have frosted acrylic things.

Offline bball2

Update from the discord:

"material samples are cut - stream today or tomorrow for a closer look - first impression album here:"

https://imgur.com/a/t4JT4i0