Author Topic: Clack Valuation Thread  (Read 916208 times)

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • keyboard game on fleek
Re: Clack Valuation Thread
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 23:01:49 »
My earlier snarky remark that it was Ripster was just jabbing fun, I have good faith he would never scam someone, just thought he or someone else might be trolling.

That really sucks Hipster & Yicaoyimu, glad you sent it as Goods, you shouldn't have a problem getting your money back.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 23:05:44 »
My earlier snarky remark that it was Ripster was just jabbing fun, I have good faith he would never scam someone, just thought he or someone else might be trolling.

That really sucks Hipster & Yicaoyimu, glad you sent it as Goods, you shouldn't have a problem getting your money back.

I usually only trade/buy with those known names on GH and never had such problem before.  :(
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 23:06:28 »
I'm still surprised that he "sold it" once and hipster posted about it, and a 2nd(or more) person(s) didnt even say anything or find it strange that hipster already said he paid for it until almost 48 hours after the matter.  You would think the people trying to snipe clacks in this thread would keep up to date with the thread they sniped from.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline Belfong

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 00:45:30 »
Perhaps someone else from Deskthority or Reddit bought it as well.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 01:36:11 »
Ugh, terrible.  I really hope you guys get your money back soon.

And maybe we should get rid of this thread?  It gives new, anonymous users an easy, high profile way to scam people.  This thread is stickied in Classifieds, and I'm sure anyone interested in Clacks has this thread on watch as well.  And there will be few people who can resist responding to someone who comes in and asks something like "how much is my EK tricolor skull worth?".
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 01:41:12 »
^^^ what naasfu said. This thread is creating all the bad vibe...

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 01:57:13 »
Multiple people on reddit said they pm'd him. I'm sure they all bought it at that price.. Guy just got a fat check and bounced. :0 sorry to hear that guys...

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 02:10:31 »
I think when it comes to high value or un-replaceable stuff you've got to insist on goods payment with tracking. At the end of the day so long as you go with goods you're secure, Paypal doesn't give a **** about protecting sellers.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Dyslexic

• All we love we leave behind
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 12:55:59 »
Wow...did you guys even ask for more pics or did you trust a guy with 2 posts who posted a 3 week old album without any second thought.  The clack hungry greed is real.

i asked for more pics he sent me a pic with the clack and his username written in it, i didnt fully trust him hence the goods payment  :p

I did the same as you, then checked here last night. Glad I had the presence of mind to be skeptical and protect myself by not gifting the money. Opened a dispute this morning.
| HHKB Type-S | FC660C Silenced | ReΛlforce 23UB

Offline Dyslexic

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 13:13:57 »
I called Paypal this morning and escalated my case immediately using this forum as evidence of multiple people being scammed. The agent said if the seller does not respond to the escalated case, I will have the money refunded to my account on July 20th at the latest. So, for the record, it's worth calling and escalating.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 13:20:43 »
I opened a dispute as well.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Dyslexic

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 13:44:04 »
When I opened the dispute it said I had to wait a week to escalate, and that the seller has a week to respond. Given we all know this is a scam if you call you should be able to escalate right away so that paypal contacts the seller, not you. If he refuses to respond there will be a default judgment in your favor. Given this guy obviously has no legs to stand on, the sooner you escalate, the sooner you will have your money back.

Offline osman99

• follow the smoke to the riff filled land
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 15:56:23 »

WELL WE ARE ALL NOT FU**** because I am here from /r/mechmarket over on reddit and this "beerbelly" had a account for 1ish ++ years sold the clack to me ... talked to paypal ... user beerbelly will receive warning of fraudulent business. If no response is received from him we get our $$$ back.BTW I pointed out there should be multiple people looking for this email`s account.The first thing they did when I mentioned the email was freeze the account and check to see all of our payments are still inside the account.YAY we all are not out of money. Out of curiosity how much did he charge you guys for the clack I only payed 60... but I would not be surprised if someone payed 80

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 15:59:58 »

WELL WE ARE ALL NOT FU**** because I am here from /r/mechmarket over on reddit and this "beerbelly" had a account for 1ish ++ years sold the clack to me ... talked to paypal ... user beerbelly will receive warning of fraudulent business. If no response is received from him we get our $$$ back.BTW I pointed out there should be multiple people looking for this email`s account.The first thing they did when I mentioned the email was freeze the account and check to see all of our payments are still inside the account.YAY we all are not out of money. Out of curiosity how much did he charge you guys for the clack I only payed 60... but I would not be surprised if someone payed 80

I paid $88 as goods.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 16:03:23 »

I paid $88 as goods.
me too I feel like a fking idiot right now... Payed as goods though...
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 16:06:44 »
So how many people bought this thing??? :facepalm:

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 16:10:33 »
Calling paypal tomorrow... Goddamnit this dude...

Offline Ceedog

• sup.
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 16:12:49 »
****. Hate to add another name to the list, but I also bought this just hours before reddit and GH erupted with calls of scam. Called PayPal this morning and got the same response detailed before. Hopefully thisall comes back in a week. Ultimately, I'm most disappointed about not getting a clack, since this was a nice opportunity.
GODLIKE SmallFry in progress.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 16:21:12 »
It's not an opportunity if you get scammed. :|

Now you all know why you shouldn't deal in PMs with people who can't even start a Classifieds thread. At least there it would have been visible.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 16:22:41 »
I'm most disappointed about not getting a clack

+1 on ^ this. Black clack is the last missing piece in my collection. I'm not too worried about that $90.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline t2russo

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 16:24:35 »
If it's too good to be true it probably is. Protect ya neck.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 16:36:16 »
If it's too good to be true it probably is. Protect ya neck.

Watch ya step kid.

It's not an opportunity if you get scammed. :|

Now you all know why you shouldn't deal in PMs with people who can't even start a Classifieds thread. At least there it would have been visible.

And this. As much as that guy is a scumbag scammer, anyone who PM'd him to buy it, especially cheaper than the valuation was at in the thread, is a sucker.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 16:46:13 »
I messaged him and he said "I do, only time wasters sadly. Im looking for $70 shipped."

:blank: What a jerk.

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 16:49:50 »
I messaged him and he said "I do, only time wasters sadly. Im looking for $70 shipped."

:blank: What a jerk.
Clearly hes just shipping people raffle tickets...and he will raffle off a winner :p

I'm honestly wondering if we can hit 10+ people who paid for the clack and didnt think to say anything until over 2 days after hipster said he bought it.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 16:52:47 »
What should I expect to pay for a mintgum Topre blank Fn CC?
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 16:58:37 »

I'd PM eth0s or TheBinary for rare stuff like that.. Maybe they will read here, Fns are nice keys mate!

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 16:59:08 »
200ish?  :-\

Offline intelli78

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:18:45 »

woof ^-^

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:20:34 »

woof ^-^

CC fns are not common and the people who get them do not let them go easily.  Which is true of a lot of CCs I suppose, but I actually can't recall an fn up for sale any time recently. 

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:00:12 »

I'd PM eth0s or TheBinary for rare stuff like that.. Maybe they will read here, Fns are nice keys mate!

I do have a few CC fn's, but I don't have a Mint Gum one.  The only mint gum Fn that I know the location of belongs to Acetrak.  But he won't sell or trade.  (I already tried.)  Maybe for an absolutely st00pid amount of money, maybe he would sell, I dunno.  Don't tell him I mentioned his name though.  lol.   ;D
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:06:42 »
Don't tell him I mentioned his name though.  lol.   ;D

Don't worry, it's not like you posted it in a public forum that he visits.   :))

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:07:51 »

woof ^-^

CC fns are not common and the people who get them do not let them go easily.  Which is true of a lot of CCs I suppose, but I actually can't recall an fn up for sale any time recently. 

Maybe not for sale but pretty sure there was a fn candy corn for trade fairly recently.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:09:51 »
Funny how the pricing ITT is based partly off of old auction end prices, yet the markets have shifted dramatically and auctions have since been banned. Wonder where that leaves this topic.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:10:57 »

woof ^-^

Maybe not for sale but pretty sure there was a fn candy corn for trade fairly recently.

Oh, yes!  I forgot about that one.  That one was also super rare, because candy corn.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:12:03 »

woof ^-^

Oh, yes!  I forgot about that one.  That one was also super rare, because candy corn.

:-*

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:13:31 »
Hmm, yeah, I really wanted that Candy Corn Fn, but it went to Bunnylake.  I think he still has it, unless it changed hands again.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:16:25 »

I do have a few CC fn's, but I don't have a Mint Gum one.  The only mint gum Fn that I know the location of belongs to Acetrak.  But he won't sell or trade.  (I already tried.)  Maybe for an absolutely st00pid amount of money, maybe he would sell, I dunno.  Don't tell him I mentioned his name though.  lol.   ;D

I don't want it that badly... Will try to get a Binge Fn instead, should be more affordable and equally as lovely.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:23:34 »

I don't want it that badly... Will try to get a Binge Fn instead, should be more affordable and equally as lovely.

Well, I didn't want to discourage you.  Acetrak's mint gum Fn may be unavailable, but there are other ones out there in the world.  If you want to collect Clacks, then you have to find them out there in the wild.  CC made more than one mint gum Fn key.  Your job is to go find who has them. 

Offline t2russo

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:28:12 »
It's no fun hunting the easy to get keys!  Aim for your holy grail!

Offline intelli78

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:45:53 »
No, not at all. I just don't want it that badly  :p

Offline redskull

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 12:16:12 »
hey guys,

looking for a topre nightowl as my first clack. how much is it going for nowadays?

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 12:18:32 »
hey guys,

looking for a topre nightowl as my first clack. how much is it going for nowadays?

One recently sold for $250
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 12:26:41 »
hey guys,

I got one last week for $225. Anything below $250 sounds reasonable to me.

Offline redskull

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 12:34:01 »
^^
^

holy fak, so expensive.  :eek: was hoping to get it at original retail price with some cash on top, but more than $200... guess i need to sell a kidney.  :-\

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 12:38:37 »
^^
^

holy fak, so expensive.  :eek: was hoping to get it at original retail price with some cash on top, but more than $200... guess i need to sell a kidney.  :-\

Id try for a depth black or f2 color if I were you.  :thumb:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 12:39:26 »
hey guys,

That wasn't any ole' nightowl, if you are referencing the eBay one. it was special.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 12:41:47 »
hey guys,

That wasn't any ole' nightowl, if you are referencing the eBay one. it was special.

yeah if thats the one youre talking about it was a 1 of 1 confirmed GID.  Night owl Id say $200-250 though still.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 12:53:19 »
^^
^

Clack at retail price? Not in this world. To get clack, you either pay big $$$ or you are really lucky in a 4grab or EK sale or you have network.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 12:55:58 »
^^
^

Clack at retail price? Not in this world. To get clack, you either pay big $$$ or you are really lucky in a 4grab or EK sale or you have network.

It can be done.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 12:58:57 »
^^
^

It can be done.

In theory, yes.