Author Topic: Wireless keyboard suggestion?  (Read 861 times)

Offline Peter Hansen

Wireless keyboard suggestion?
« on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 03:09:49 »
Hi guys! I'm new here and I need help. What kind of wireless keyboard I should get for my laptop (HP Pavilion X360)? Thank you so much!

Offline yui

Re: Wireless keyboard suggestion?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 03:33:48 »
the problem is that the answer is pretty much any, with maybe the exception of specialty built board that are only meant to work with a special piece of equipment, everything you find for sale will work with your pc. if you have a few more criteria some may be able to give you more targeted advice to certain models, and some may even post their favorite boards just because you did not say you wanted a numpad or ISO or something like that, most here are using 60% (keyboards with only the alpha block and control keys around it, no F, navigation or numpad).
hope that i have been useful, as i do not use wireless i will not be able to help much more but i am confident others will.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline g_hack_it

Re: Wireless keyboard suggestion?
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 06:19:53 »
When I didn't know where to start I was directed towards a Keychron with gateron brown switches and I've been pretty happy with it as my starter board. They have decent bluetooth, a reasonable price and are easy to find in stock on amazon. The one thing I'd recommend is going for a hotswap version in case you get addicted like the rest of us and wanna try swapping out switches. I really wish I'd done that in hindsight.

There are also a bunch of cheapish boards on amazon that might also meet your needs but I've only had experience with keychron so far.

It's probably a good idea to figure out what kind of layout you want/like first and move on from there.