Author Topic: PBT Dark second wave (production)  (Read 924581 times)

Offline Hellcatz

Re: PBT Dark second wave (production)
« Reply #450 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 01:28:45 »
so were you able to contact him?

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #451 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 05:42:49 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:31:21 by Khers »

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #452 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 07:15:30 »
I emailed Ivan and got a response in a few hours.

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline flabbergast

« Reply #453 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 07:30:23 »
Hi guys - I've moved away from MX based keyboards, so I no longer want/need this set. So if anyone would like to take over my order, please PM me. I hope this kind of thing is OK with Ivan.
It is an Apple black-on-black set; I've paid $86.12 (paid for shipping to UK), so that's what I'm asking.

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #454 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 11:28:38 »
Unfortunately, I'll have to let go of my US Black on Black order. Selling at cost - $76.76 ($65+$5 group buy fee+$4 shipping + pp fees). Due to an error, I have only paid for US shipping, so I would prefer to sell it to someone in CONUS. Hit me up if you are interested.

Offline tangkims

« Reply #455 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 13:33:39 »
Hi guys - I've moved away from MX based keyboards, so I no longer want/need this set. So if anyone would like to take over my order, please PM me. I hope this kind of thing is OK with Ivan.
It is an Apple black-on-black set; I've paid $86.12 (paid for shipping to UK), so that's what I'm asking.

Is there a way to have it shipped to Canada straight from ivan himself instead so the cost is less? Might be interested

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #456 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 20:28:49 »
Anyone want my cherry black on black order for 60$?
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline lasttycoon

• Ergonomic Wizard
« Reply #457 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 18:47:24 »
Any updates here? Seems like his other buys are going through but the Black on Black gets no love...
Kinesis Advantage | Ergodox EZ Browns | RK RC930 | DS 3 Blues

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #458 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 08:20:13 »

50$? (sorry for spam) GONE
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 February 2016, 12:09:50 by asgeirtj »
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline Grill

• Charcoal
« Reply #459 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 19:11:16 »
3mo since last update. Which was just him whining about people wanting their money back after not hearing from him for over 100 days.

Confused how this can be defended at all.
Poker II (MX blue) WASD V2 (MX brown) Forever saving for GON 87.

Offline Seriously

• Filco forever
« Reply #460 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 17:52:58 »
3mo since last update. Which was just him whining about people wanting their money back after not hearing from him for over 100 days.

Keycaps don't get made from thin air. Bluegaloo started in April if I recall, and I only got keys towards the end of last month, so around 9-10 months.

As for whining, the money is all sent to production. Any refunds at this point come out of pocket, if I'm not mistaken. I would be upset at people backing out at the production stage as well.

WASD CODE 104 - Filco Majestouch 2 - Filco Majestouch - Filco Majestouch 2 - Realforce 87UW 45G
Reserves: Filco Minila - KBtalking Pure Pro

Offline Grrizz

« Reply #461 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 21:46:55 »

I wouldn't stress too much, from what I've seen Ivan has a pretty upstanding rep around here and has run successful group buys before, these things do take some time, particularly with custom dye subbing.

I do agree though that it would be nice if he dropped in once a month or so just to say "Hi, things are still being processed, the caps are still currently being produced/dyed/whatever" however generic/repetitive that message might be, if nothing else it would probably help minimise the number for DMs and PP claims I'm sure he's getting.

If it were someone unproven I would be concerned but given his track record I'm not worried as I'm sure he's on top of things and will get back to us when there's something substantial to report.

Offline flamf

« Reply #462 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 03:15:29 »

50$? (sorry for spam)

PM'd

Offline Grill

• Charcoal
« Reply #463 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 07:08:51 »

Keycaps don't get made from thin air. Bluegaloo started in April if I recall, and I only got keys towards the end of last month, so around 9-10 months.

As for whining, the money is all sent to production. Any refunds at this point come out of pocket, if I'm not mistaken. I would be upset at people backing out at the production stage as well.

The time is less important to me than the lack of updates. Single person making the order/has to do everything takes a while. Okay fine. No worries. But tell me.

His only update in something like half a year WAS whining. Because of his lack of updates. If you are going to be upset that people back out at production stage then perhaps an update here or there would have helped. Considering he even said it was because someone wanted to get in touch with him. Even for a single party on the internet this still manages to feel too unprofessional. Do not get back on to say 'things are fine but I won't be able to refund anymore so stop it kbye' and then not make another update! This is why it happened the first time.

Again. Production time was never my issue. Just as this message is not criticizing the time it takes to make something, neither was my last one. I am aware and comfortable with the fact that they do not 'get made from thin air' as you seem to believe that was a part of the message somehow. I am criticizing the lack of information for 6+mo. It's not even like he just has not visited GH at all recently since he's posted. He just has not posted to the people giving him money.

To repeat. Time for production and shipping does not bother me and that is not what this post is about. Grrizz was right. He has a great reputation and that is good but a message every month or two should not be painful. According to Ivan last message it would have reduced at least one PP chargeback to just communicate (it did not come from me).

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #464 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 12:27:10 »
come on bro he doesn't have any time to post here, he needs that time to change his profile image

Offline regallegion

« Reply #465 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 14:50:44 »
come on bro he doesn't have any time to post here, he needs that time to change his profile image

Offline lasttycoon

• Ergonomic Wizard
« Reply #466 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 01:26:43 »
Any update?

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #467 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 03:22:45 »

Offline havenlau

« Reply #468 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 08:22:18 »
are we doomed

Offline lasttycoon

• Ergonomic Wizard
« Reply #469 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 12:37:35 »
A bit disheartening as my first group buy on geek hack. I think I'll stick to mass drop from now on, they even had these caps...

Offline grav3serker

• graves + berserker = grav3serker
« Reply #470 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 14:24:12 »
A bit disheartening as my first group buy on geek hack. I think I'll stick to mass drop from now on, they even had these caps...
They definitely didn't have these caps. The originative caps are ABS.

Don't be disheartened. Lots of great GBs on GH.

Offline lasttycoon

• Ergonomic Wizard
« Reply #471 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 18:09:26 »

Oh good to know. I'm all about PBT.  I'll keep an eye out then. I'm just whining mostly. I've got a keyboard waiting for them with cheap Vortex PBT that needs replacing!

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #472 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 20:54:48 »

Oh good to know. I'm all about PBT.  I'll keep an eye out then. I'm just whining mostly. I've got a keyboard waiting for them with cheap Vortex PBT that needs replacing!

Your caps will show up soon  :thumb:

Just hold out a little longer

Offline HighNoon

« Reply #473 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 22:40:57 »
Man I almost forgot I ordered a set of these. Been in a few GBs that have taken much longer than this, so I will continue to wait patiently. Thanks again for running this Ivan!

Offline lasttycoon

• Ergonomic Wizard
« Reply #474 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 14:30:07 »
I am not going to back out or anything like that. This is an end game set for me of sorts so I am really excited to get it.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #475 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 15:04:33 »
The one who waits for a long time always waits for something good(swedish saying, sound like **** in english though)

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #476 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 15:59:43 »
The no update thing kinda sucks atleast say that your not going to be able to post for a while due to whatever not a half ass update or screaming at us to stop backing out

Offline Seriously

• Filco forever
« Reply #477 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 16:14:24 »
The one who waits for a long time always waits for something good(swedish saying, sound like **** in english though)
"Good things come to those who wait."

WASD CODE 104 - Filco Majestouch 2 - Filco Majestouch - Filco Majestouch 2 - Realforce 87UW 45G
Reserves: Filco Minila - KBtalking Pure Pro

Offline onesassysoccermom

« Reply #478 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 13:41:23 »

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #479 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 15:34:34 »
"Good things come to those who wait."

Ye that sounds better :)

Offline Villain

« Reply #480 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 09:00:19 »
Interested in the japanese keysets if anyone change their mind

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #481 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 13:16:20 »
Still interested in a black blank set :D

I wouldn't mind taking over anyones order either!
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline lasttycoon

• Ergonomic Wizard
« Reply #482 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 14:25:02 »
The no update thing kinda sucks atleast say that your not going to be able to post for a while due to whatever not a half ass update or screaming at us to stop backing out
I agree. A positive update would do wonders for moral.

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #483 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 18:31:42 »
I am going to back out of this Group buy through paypal dispute. I do not mind having my money hold up for more then a few months or even up to a year if the seller provided updates (at least once every month or 2 months) or reason to his absence. His last update on this thread was from 04 December 2015, 3 months ago which is totally unacceptable from my point of view. Sorry I hate to do this ivan but you leave me without any other option.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #484 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 03:20:46 »
I am going to back out of this Group buy through paypal dispute. I do not mind having my money hold up for more then a few months or even up to a year if the seller provided updates (at least once every month or 2 months) or reason to his absence. His last update on this thread was from 04 December 2015, 3 months ago which is totally unacceptable from my point of view. Sorry I hate to do this ivan but you leave me without any other option.

Hey dude, if you really want to back out of this GB please sell your order and do not file a PP dispute. Or at the very least send Ivan an email asking if he can give you your money back, it would be way better than filling a dispute, unless your goal is create havoc

Offline archer

« Reply #485 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 08:37:56 »
How can you file a dispute if the payment was so long ago?

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #486 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 08:44:13 »
i don´t think he can, the dispute limit is 180 days. Maybe if he got it from an order transfer later or and the limit has not expired yet

Offline grav3serker

« Reply #487 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 08:50:51 »

Hey dude, if you really want to back out of this GB please sell your order and do not file a PP dispute. Or at the very least send Ivan an email asking if he can give you your money back, it would be way better than filling a dispute, unless your goal is create havoc
I agree with mar82. There's a few people on here willing to buy someone's order. You should make a post with what you have and how much you want to transfer it for. I'm sure someone will snag it up! Please don't file a dispute though.

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #488 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 14:04:33 »

Not trying to create havoc it was never my intent but it is unacceptable that has give one update since the 8 month span of this group buy. now I agree that i may have gone overboard but finding a seller online is to take my place is hard (for the price i paid)

Offline Grill

• Charcoal
« Reply #489 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 14:55:44 »
It's true. His only update was a non-update that held no meaningful information.

No information to go on, people like swimmingbird early in the thread saying it's a given that it'll be here by 2015 still saying they will show soon. It's 1/4 the way through 2016 now. Waiting is fine. Waiting for a meaningful update should not be this ridiculous. Defending this kind of non-action makes even less sense to me.

Ivan, did you hurt yourself again? Take a vow of silence? Still choosing your next profile pic? What possible reason do you have for not giving us a two sentence update like 'Is in production. Shut up now' or 'Sorting them out. Sending soon'? I feel like these are basic things and easy to type out on your way to work or before logging off to go to bed :/ I work full time and fence. Busy schedule. Still have time to type quick things out.

EDIT: I should probably be nicer but honestly I just feel like whipped dog waiting for scraps of information as handout or something.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 March 2016, 15:01:57 by Grill »

Offline Atredl

« Reply #490 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 15:45:06 »

EDIT: I should probably be nicer but honestly I just feel like whipped dog waiting for scraps of information as handout or something.

I thought you were very reasonable and genuine in your thoughts.

I, like many others, thought that this would be a quick and safe GB since Ivan had a very good reputation. Thankfully, I'm in a position that if this falls through I won't miss the money terribly. However, I'm of the opinion that this buy isn't going to get completed. Ivan came online at the end of January and didn't update this thread at all. To me, that sends a pretty clear message. Please prove me wrong Ivan. Make us whole.

If the money from this buy is already spent then that means that our keycaps should be out there somewhere in this world. An update would do wonders to help the moral of this thread.

Offline grav3serker

« Reply #491 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 15:57:24 »

I thought you were very reasonable and genuine in your thoughts.

I, like many others, thought that this would be a quick and safe GB since Ivan had a very good reputation. Thankfully, I'm in a position that if this falls through I won't miss the money terribly. However, I'm of the opinion that this buy isn't going to get completed. Ivan came online at the end of January and didn't update this thread at all. To me, that sends a pretty clear message. Please prove me wrong Ivan. Make us whole.

If the money from this buy is already spent then that means that our keycaps should be out there somewhere in this world. An update would do wonders to help the moral of this thread.

Yeah, I'm with you on this. I've already waited this long for them, so if I never get them, so be it. I would just like to know if they're ever going to come or not so I can unsubscribe to this thread, order other caps, and move on.

Offline TBone

« Reply #492 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 00:13:38 »
I was in Ivan's PBT Round 4 GB, and after he went offline I still got the caps in late December. When he gets them from IMSTO he's going to ship them, he's just not communicating much right now. No doubt, he will probably not keep doing GB's, but I know he will deliver on this even if it's later than expected. It's Ivan guys, not some amateur. Stay strong.  :thumb:

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #493 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 08:44:48 »
I have a black on black set that I'm willing to let go. PM me of you want it

Offline tchevass

• open wide
« Reply #494 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 09:21:53 »
I would like to sell my set but how does it work ? What do I need to do
I want clacks

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #495 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 11:45:33 »
I would like to sell my set but how does it work ? What do I need to do
Just list what you bought and would like to sell and find someone willing to take your place. Then just PM Ivan (if he ever get on that is) the address change and username that's taking over.

Offline Digitize

« Reply #496 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 15:01:07 »
Looking to sell my black on black set. CONUS only. Paid exactly $76.76 for it and letting it for the same price. Was really looking forward to actually receiving this set but life happens and need to come up with money to hopefully fix my car. PM me if interested.

Update: sorry if I didn't mention this but it's a regular cherry black on black set.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 March 2016, 17:00:11 by Digitize »

Offline Villain

« Reply #497 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 16:17:02 »
japanese?

Offline Digitize

« Reply #498 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 17:01:23 »
japanese?

Sorry I forgot to mention but it's a cherry black on black.

Offline Norman_the_Owl

« Reply #499 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 19:30:53 »
You know, i want to pick up these Cherry BoB sets people keep offering for sale in this thread but i'm not throwing more money at these caps until i get proof that maybe they'll show up someday

I thought this group buy would have a relatively quick turnaround. This is just ridiculous for such simple caps