Author Topic: Rohde & Grahl - Xenium/mediTre combination (Ergo task chair)  (Read 3227 times)

Offline Sc0tTy

• Ergo enthousiast
Rohde & Grahl - Xenium/mediTre combination (Ergo task chair)
« on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 07:02:43 »
Hey Guys,

While writing this post I'm sitting on a Herman Miller Aeron and I'm not very positive about it, IMHO it shouldn't even be classified as a ergo chair.
It only has a few adjustable settings.

I spent the entire morning with an ergonomics expert looking at chairs and ended up with a Rohde & Grahl combination of the Xenium and mediTre chair.
(I had already done quite a lot of research on-line and knew what kind of chair I was gonna look for)

The back will be of the mediTre:

http://www.rohde-grahl.com/index.php?MediTre_en
It can adjust in height, a pump allows for extra support and you can set a different height for the lumbar support

The bottom will be of the Xenium:

http://www.rohde-grahl.com/index.php?x-classic_en
The seating area can be tilted forwards (so you can get that 120degree opening of the body) and I'll have the Tempur version.

The arm pads are 4D adjustable and really wide :D (can't find a picture)

There is not a lot of information about their chairs on the Interwebz and I couldn't find any good reviews.
But the ergo expert ensured me that most chairs that are talked about on forums are not that great with the exception of the Stealcase Leap.
Here in The Netherlands the Rohde & Grahl chairs are sold more than all Herman Miller chairs, according to him.

I'll be receiving a demo model within two weeks which I'll be able to test for 3 weeks to make up my mind (I'll write a review about it off course).

So I was just wondering if anybody else here had any experience with their chairs in general and if possible with one of these chairs?

Sc0tTy
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 January 2015, 11:22:03 by Sc0tTy »
1x ErgoDox EZ
2x Truly Ergonomic Keyboard 229
2x Kinesis Freestyle V3-VIP
2x Bamboo Pen & Touch (Mouse replacement)
2x Salli Swing
1x Herman Miller Aeron

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
Re: Rohde & Grahl - Xenium/mediTre combination
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 07:10:53 »
I bought a Steelcase Leap from my old internship when they replaced them for €25 and it certainly is a very comfortable chair.
My aunt though, who is the ergo-expert at her company, told me it was a good chair but simply too short for my legs. She also had a few comments about my wrist rest and my keyboard but I will let that slide for now. :P

She did show me the mediTre as an excellent alternative. Just make sure you sit down with you ergo expert again when it arrives to have it adjusted to you.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Sc0tTy

• Ergo enthousiast
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 07:39:33 »
Hehe yeah I already have the keyboard/mouse part covered (check my sig).

What do you mean by its to short for your legs? Or did you mean that the Leap was to short for you?
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 January 2015, 08:52:26 by Sc0tTy »
1x ErgoDox EZ
2x Truly Ergonomic Keyboard 229
2x Kinesis Freestyle V3-VIP
2x Bamboo Pen & Touch (Mouse replacement)
2x Salli Swing
1x Herman Miller Aeron

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 09:09:52 »
Hehe yeah I already have the keyboard/mouse part covered (check my sig).

What do you mean by its to short for your legs? Or did you mean that the Leap was to short for you?
Heh, should be alright. She was commenting on my Orion. It's heavy and has a fairly steep angle @ 11 degrees.

The seat of the Leap was too short for me in the sense that it should support your entire upper leg. I basically need a 65cm seat or something like that. In a similar vein that most bicycles need to be one to two sizes larger for me than most models are offered in.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 01:34:06 »
I bought a Steelcase Leap from my old internship when they replaced them for €25 and it certainly is a very comfortable chair.
My aunt though, who is the ergo-expert at her company, told me it was a good chair but simply too short for my legs. She also had a few comments about my wrist rest and my keyboard but I will let that slide for now. :P

She did show me the mediTre as an excellent alternative. Just make sure you sit down with you ergo expert again when it arrives to have it adjusted to you.

25 Euros for a steelcase...  :'(

no nope of getting one like that here.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.