Author Topic: My journey led me here!  (Read 2981 times)

Offline cronohack

My journey led me here!
« on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 03:42:42 »
Hi everyone,

I started on mechanical keyboards last December of 2018. It was a rabbit hole and my wife does not understand it up to now. She thinks all keebs are the same :(
Anyway after buying my first pre built ones and after buying a couple from KBDFans, I wanted more. And then I discovered geekhack. My plan someday is to create a boards which can represent our country well. Oh I'm from the Philippines btw. Nice to meet you all and please PM me about anything or reply here. I'm up for a chat. Thanks and happy whatever it is that your doing haha :-)

Offline rinkaan

Re: My journey led me here!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 08:10:51 »
Yeah same as your wife... I used to think all keebs are the same.. Until I bought a 2nd hand  filco to try it out... And I got hooked.. Thereafter came a number of gh60 builds, handbuilt wood case... And more recently modding in a USB hub into the filco to allow for a fingerprint reader (lazy to unlock windows with password at work)... Hope u have fun looking at the threads here! Lots interesting stuff!

From Singapore BTW :)

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Re: My journey led me here!
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 18:59:40 »
Hi everyone,

I started on mechanical keyboards last December of 2018. It was a rabbit hole and my wife does not understand it up to now. She thinks all keebs are the same :(
Anyway after buying my first pre built ones and after buying a couple from KBDFans, I wanted more. And then I discovered geekhack. My plan someday is to create a boards which can represent our country well. Oh I'm from the Philippines btw. Nice to meet you all and please PM me about anything or reply here. I'm up for a chat. Thanks and happy whatever it is that your doing haha :-)

Bitbat wondered... why are all keyboards cheap? Why do they feel bad to type on?
So i discovered typing videos to help me get better so that way i wouldn't feel the uncomfortable feeling of typing on a membrane keyboard. I saw people go with mechanical keyboards instead, and i wondered why. After a couple of research on the internet i saw how good mechanical keyborads could feel, and now i'm here having a better typing experience already