Author Topic: [GB] TMK Alps64 - 60% PCB for Alps  (Read 613493 times)

Offline mike-anderson

Re: [GB] TMK Alps64 - 60% PCB for Alps [Open 9th 2017/May]
« Reply #950 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 16:07:39 »
Hey Hasu,
For the PCB design, have you considered moving row2 and row3 from` PD2,PD3 (pad 8,9) to PC6,PC7 (pad 23,22)?
I think that could potentially free up PD2 and PD3 to be broken out and used as serial RX and TX for a UART bluetooth adapter like the bluefruit. https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing-the-adafruit-bluefruit-le-uart-friend/introduction

No. I didn't have plan for mod like that from the begining. Also I won't change pins for this pcb for future because it harms firmware support for existent users.

I would design new pcb when I want bluetooth.

EDIT:
I'll use this module with open source firmware.
https://www.seeedstudio.com/MDBT40P%C2%A0-%C2%A0nRF51822%C2%A0based%C2%A0BLE%C2%A0module-p-2503.html

Bluefruit seems to be easy to use but its firmware is not open unfortunately.
https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_BluefruitLE_Firmware/issues/14

That's a good point, I will try software serial out of the unpopulated ports

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
Re: [GB] TMK Alps64 - 60% PCB for Alps [Shipping 9th 2017/May]
« Reply #951 on: Sun, 04 June 2017, 22:38:43 »
[GB Update]
Thank you for your oders.

I was able to start assembling and shipping earlier than expected, all orders will be shipped within this two weeks.

Offline waldorf120

Re: [GB] TMK Alps64 - 60% PCB for Alps [Open 9th 2017/May]
« Reply #952 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 11:43:56 »
On my Alps64 board, not sure which revision, when I press "i","n", then "d" really fast, a "t" is registered after the "d".  Has anyone else had this issue, and is is fixable?  I use a QWERTY layout with TMK firmware built by Hasu's firmware editor and flashed with FLIP.  The PCB is new, I just started using it yesterday, has a white solder mask.

Those four keys, located in K75, K72, K52, K55, form rectagle on key matrix and meet conditions for ghost key. If you have diodes decently the ghost should not happen. http://www.dribin.org/dave/keyboard/one_html/

Some of diodes deosn't seem to work correctly, check direction and soldering of all your diodes, especially D7* and D*2.

Forgot to post an update to this.  Checked the diodes at the locations Hasu mentioned and sure enough some of them weren't properly soldered on.  I had to replace some of the SMD diodes with through-holes because I suck at soldering SMDs.  After fixing a few diodes no more ghost "t"!  Thanks Hasu!

Offline Username?

Re: [GB] TMK Alps64 - 60% PCB for Alps [Shipping 9th 2017/May]
« Reply #953 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 00:17:54 »
Waiting exited for next round. :)

/mynameis
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 June 2017, 00:26:13 by Username? »
/mynameis

Offline joelcwe

Re: [GB] TMK Alps64 - 60% PCB for Alps [10th GB 2017/Aug]
« Reply #954 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 11:08:15 »
finally had some time to put the keyboard together. works and looks great with the dolch taihao caps from massdrop.

just a suggestion, it looks like there are some pins that are not exposed , 22 ,23 ,26 ? not sure if these pins are actually usable as I just had a quick look at the kicad files but can these be exposed to pads for diyers that want to add lighting functionality; caps locks , layers, general lighting etc.?

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #955 on: Sat, 05 August 2017, 21:45:56 »
finally had some time to put the keyboard together. works and looks great with the dolch taihao caps from massdrop.

just a suggestion, it looks like there are some pins that are not exposed , 22 ,23 ,26 ? not sure if these pins are actually usable as I just had a quick look at the kicad files but can these be exposed to pads for diyers that want to add lighting functionality; caps locks , layers, general lighting etc.?
I’d love to see this. I’d be game for an RGB underglow compatible Alps64. It’s possible to solder directly to the pin on the controller, but that’s always tricky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 km²), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 km²),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #956 on: Sat, 05 August 2017, 22:03:57 »
I'll try breakout for the pins in future revision.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #957 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 18:45:55 »
[GB] Update

OK, PCB will have  breakouts for the three unused pins from current GB like pic below. PCB color is black in the GB.

Also FR-4(PCB substrate material) plate for AEKII(and AEK) layout is available. Its thickness is 1.2mm as spec and color is black too.
It costs 12USD when buying with Alps64 PCB or 16USD when getting only plate without Alps64.

Black Alps64PCB/AEK Plate looks like this actually, not matte black.

Thank you

Offline ricyuyc

« Reply #958 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 21:47:29 »
[GB] Update

OK, PCB will have  breakouts for the three unused pins from current GB like pic below. PCB color is black in the GB.
Show Image

Also FR-4(PCB substrate material) plate for AEKII(and AEK) layout is available. Its thickness is 1.2mm as spec and color is black too.
It costs 12USD when buying with Alps64 PCB or 16USD when getting only plate without Alps64.
Show Image

Black Alps64PCB/AEK Plate looks like this actually, not matte black.
Show Image

Thank you
Hi Hasu, Is the "Alps64 Leftover" sold out already? So I have to wait for next round right?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #959 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 22:58:09 »
Hi Hasu, Is the "Alps64 Leftover" sold out already? So I have to wait for next round right?

Right, join next round.
If you are in a hurry and don't mind cosmetic issues you can get inferior one from my personal stock.

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #960 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 06:50:31 »
Hasu, will this GB round be finished and shipped before the UK Ltd Ed PCBs are done and collected (is that around September?)
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #961 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 07:19:13 »
Hasu, will this GB round be finished and shipped before the UK Ltd Ed PCBs are done and collected (is that around September?)

Yes, some of pcbs were already ordered and will be ready before end of month unless I get any problem.

PCBs of UK GB is almost ready and wait, they will be handed over to UK GB organaizer in Tokyo at begining of September, so shippping will be mid or end of the month?

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #962 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 07:35:26 »
Yes, some of pcbs were already ordered and will be ready before end of month unless I get any problem.

PCBs of UK GB is almost ready and wait, they will be handed over to UK GB organaizer in Tokyo at begining of September, so shippping will be mid or end of the month?

Great stuff, looking forward to getting them  ;D
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline stand.geek

« Reply #963 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 13:58:13 »
Hasu, do you also have plate for BigAss?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #964 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 15:21:24 »
Hasu, do you also have plate for BigAss?

no. Alps keyboards may have different keycaps and stabs, I don't think one plate fits for all of BigAss.

Offline hfiggs

« Reply #965 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 23:54:20 »
Hello! I am new to the DIY keyboard community and I wan't to build a 60% alps for my first keyboard. The only thing stopping me from buying your pcb is lack of RGB functionality. Is it possible to use the three open pins you mentioned to drive RGB led backlighting?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #966 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 02:52:13 »
I think you can use the open pin to drive   rbg LEDs like ws2812 variants but not completely sure.

if you are not familiar with these things you can wait for someone to confirm that.

I'm for one  not very interested in LEDs on keyboard and not sure have time to do the job for awhile.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #967 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 11:02:47 »
Hey Hasu thanks for the great PCB :) Made a ALPS 64 AEK II White Dampend. Also nice to see you are selling affordable plates for the current group buy.
I used 1.2mm Multiplex wood and it works  :)) it is flexible but everything sits in tight for anyone wondering and looks pretty cool  :cool: .

current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline stand.geek

« Reply #968 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 02:07:04 »

Right, join next round.
If you are in a hurry and don't mind cosmetic issues you can get inferior one from my personal stock.

Hi, I'm considering that inferior one from your personal stock because I don't want to wait.  ;D
Can you explain me about the cosmetic issue or maybe a photo about it? It is 100% works well right?
How much it is for the inferior one? Thanks

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #969 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 04:00:35 »

Right, join next round.

Hi, I'm considering that inferior one from your personal stock because I don't want to wait.  ;D
Can you explain me about the cosmetic issue or maybe a photo about it? It is 100% works well right?

OK, it is still available a few, email me.

Offline stand.geek

« Reply #970 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 05:44:05 »

Right, join next round.

OK, it is still available a few, email me.

Done. Email sent

Offline skidude9678

« Reply #971 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 17:36:49 »
Email sent for one PCB and one plate.

Offline DasGnome

« Reply #972 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 20:27:51 »
I'm interested in cutting down a plate from a vintage board I have for this pcb. Any advice on what kind of tools I should get for this (and future projects)?

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

« Reply #973 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 02:38:52 »
Cnc with so-called corn mill cutter. Prepare to get tons of dust and finish corners manualy

« Reply #974 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 04:11:43 »
Hi, hasu.
I've finally reassembled the board and it seems I've messed up somewhere. That's not the switches, though, cause shortening contacts on the back of board does nothing as well. The switches faulty are K17, K07, K25 and K16 in the upper right corner: -=[] and K12, forward slash in the lower right corner. I do hope I've just burned some diode, so I could perform workaround. So, what could be the issue here?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #975 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 16:20:03 »
I can't see any clear clue on those faulty switches. can you post pics of your PCB and case?

if your case is conductive and touches any pad on pcb insulate there with tape.

« Reply #976 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 01:49:17 »
The case is wooden and is not the issue anyway: I've checked without it. I'll dig into kicad files and find what could be the reason here. It is possible that I've cut some path, cause the PCB has seen some abuse.

Offline gerold

« Reply #977 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 13:25:07 »
Hey Guys, pretty new to the DIY.
Can someone tell me if this would fit into the 60% Sentraq sandwich case?
https://sentraq.com/products/60-aluminum-acrylic-sandwich-case
thx

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #978 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 17:32:55 »
Hey Guys, pretty new to the DIY.
Can someone tell me if this would fit into the 60% Sentraq sandwich case?
https://sentraq.com/products/60-aluminum-acrylic-sandwich-case
thx

No. Alps switches need specifically cut plates (universal cutouts won't work), 1.2mm thick (standard 1.5mm plates meant for MX won't work) and specific stabiliser cutout for your specific caps (again, this precludes all universal MX plates). Not to mention, the cutout needed to accommodate Alps switches is dimensionally different from MX.

In short, no. Though nothing's stopping you from cutting a 1.2mm thick plate with the holes in the correct place for the fasteners for that particular sandwich kit.

You're better off just getting a positioning plate made, and use the generic GH60-compatible cases out there.
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline NotTheVacuum

« Reply #979 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:49:39 »
I’m working on my AEK 60 build and I’m a little stuck. I’ve got a board from a previous batch, a plate using the open source layout from a previous group buy, and Matias quiet clicks all mounted and soldered. My issue is stabilizers - I don’t want to steal from my AEK 2 since it’s in good shape, but I’m finding that the 2.75U stabilizer in the Matias kit is too narrow (won’t span the gap between the stabilizer clips in the plate). Anybody had any luck with stabs from elsewhere?

Also I’m planning to use SP’s Alps mount granite set; they use an Alps mount in the center, but cherry mounts for stabilizer hooks. I’m getting the feeling that  typical Alps stabilizers may be too tall to allow full range of motion with the cherry stab hook/positioning. Any chance somebody here has beat me to a solution here?

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #980 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:56:21 »
I’m working on my AEK 60 build and I’m a little stuck. I’ve got a board from a previous batch, a plate using the open source layout from a previous group buy, and Matias quiet clicks all mounted and soldered. My issue is stabilizers - I don’t want to steal from my AEK 2 since it’s in good shape, but I’m finding that the 2.75U stabilizer in the Matias kit is too narrow (won’t span the gap between the stabilizer clips in the plate). Anybody had any luck with stabs from elsewhere?

Also I’m planning to use SP’s Alps mount granite set; they use an Alps mount in the center, but cherry mounts for stabilizer hooks. I’m getting the feeling that  typical Alps stabilizers may be too tall to allow full range of motion with the cherry stab hook/positioning. Any chance somebody here has beat me to a solution here?

If you got the Matias Stabilizer and Hook Kit it should also include costar style stabilizers that will work with the SP keycaps. Those are what I used with my Alps64 with Alpine Winter. I've found that it's best for the 2.75u keys to cannibalize from existing Alps boards. So all my Alps64s have used a mix of Matias + vintage stabs and hooks. The other option is to try bending the hook yourself with piano wire + a wire bending kit. I attempted this, but my results weren't great. I think njbair has experience with wire bending...
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 km²), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 km²),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline NotTheVacuum

« Reply #981 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 14:46:26 »
The short version is that there's not an "off the shelf" solution for this combo: the open-source plate, which is designed around Alps stabs, and the current SP "Alps" keycaps, which are designed for Cherry stabs. The right shift key is the main problem - the Alps style stabilizer in that position is mounted nearly the full width of the key, whereas the Cherry style is much narrower (it's the same stabilizer that's used for keys as narrow as 2u). This could be solved with a custom stabilizer for Alps plates and Cherry-width hooks, but that leaves another problem: DSA seems shallow enough that standard Cherry stabilizer hooks touch the plate before the cap is fully seated in the switch. May not be a problem with Alpine Winter since that's a totally different profile, but I think I just need to abandon this plan and make two boards: one with this plate and Alps stabs, and another with a plate for Cherry stabs (because Granite is pretty).

Edit: Decided to steal the caps from my AEK for this build after all. I'll grab another 60% plate with cherry stab mounts, since I've still got over 100 matias quiet clicks just sitting here anyway.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 August 2017, 15:58:11 by NotTheVacuum »

Offline mnmlisme

« Reply #982 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 17:23:09 »

If you got the Matias Stabilizer and Hook Kit it should also include costar style stabilizers that will work with the SP keycaps. Those are what I used with my Alps64 with Alpine Winter. I've found that it's best for the 2.75u keys to cannibalize from existing Alps boards. So all my Alps64s have used a mix of Matias + vintage stabs and hooks. The other option is to try bending the hook yourself with piano wire + a wire bending kit. I attempted this, but my results weren't great. I think njbair has experience with wire bending...
so the safest choice is to hunt for a vintage AEK keyboard? I bought this just because I wanted to own a custom alps keyboard. found an ebay seller for the keycaps, thought I'll just buy the stabs from matias but just read about the problem with 2.75U stabs. suggestion?
XD60 (gat.black) | SABER68 (gat.blue) | VORTEX Core (cherry blue) | YD40 (gatistotle)

Offline NotTheVacuum

« Reply #983 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 06:21:33 »
I can confirm that works well.

Offline mnmlisme

« Reply #984 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 10:10:25 »
what did? can I just purchase the stabs from matias shop?
XD60 (gat.black) | SABER68 (gat.blue) | VORTEX Core (cherry blue) | YD40 (gatistotle)

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #985 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 12:15:22 »
Regarding Alps stabilizer clips with Cherry cruciform mounts on SP caps, it is totally doable with the purchase of the proper tools.

I bought a Du-Bro wire bender and some music wire from a local hobby shop. I don't remember the wire gauge, but just bring an Alps stab wire with you and compare. Then you just bend a wire that's as wide as an Alps stab wire, and as tall as a Cherry stab wire, and you're in business.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline NotTheVacuum

« Reply #986 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 10:33:07 »
Regarding Alps stabilizer clips with Cherry cruciform mounts on SP caps, it is totally doable with the purchase of the proper tools.

I bought a Du-Bro wire bender and some music wire from a local hobby shop. I don't remember the wire gauge, but just bring an Alps stab wire with you and compare. Then you just bend a wire that's as wide as an Alps stab wire, and as tall as a Cherry stab wire, and you're in business.

Thanks; I tried making one out of the spare space bar wires with just some pliers and didn’t like the results. May try this.

what did? can I just purchase the stabs from matias shop?

Donor AEK is the safe bet. I used the Matias clips in my plate, but the wires from my AEK. If I can do the above, I’ll post the results.

Offline mnmlisme

« Reply #987 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 17:16:47 »
Donor AEK is the safe bet. I used the Matias clips in my plate, but the wires from my AEK. If I can do the above, I’ll post the results.
please do, meanwhile I'll try and hunt for an old AEK keyboard then

Offline NotTheVacuum

« Reply #988 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 17:29:47 »
Just now getting around to flashing the board; can't seem to get the AEK layout. I've tried all of the makefiles, and I've tried passing various arguments as "LAYOUT" and it's still CTRL GUI ALT on the bottom row. What am I missing?

Edit: I ended up working around it; I made a layout using the online editor and manually flashed with dfu-programmer rather than using the makefile. Would love to learn to do the make file, because I'm pretty sure that's the only way to get the ~ behavior that I want (my Clueboard has it; defaults to Esc, but with Shift it's ~, so ` requires the fn key).
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 August 2017, 17:56:41 by NotTheVacuum »

Offline skidude9678

« Reply #989 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 18:51:27 »
Is there any place to get a plate with a more standard layout i.e. 1.25,1.25,1.25,6.25,1.25,1.25,1.25,1.25 bottom row? Tried Lasergist but he's been completely unresponsive to my inquiries about making a 1.2mm thick plate. I'd like to make a board to put DSA Light Cycle on.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #990 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 19:12:40 »
Is there any place to get a plate with a more standard layout i.e. 1.25,1.25,1.25,6.25,1.25,1.25,1.25,1.25 bottom row? Tried Lasergist but he's been completely unresponsive to my inquiries about making a 1.2mm thick plate. I'd like to make a board to put DSA Light Cycle on.

I think 1.0mm plate also works even if 1.2mm think is not available. But I know people prefer thicker and harder plate :D

Share your result and CAD data on "Open Source 60% Alps Plates" thread!

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #991 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 20:03:21 »
Just now getting around to flashing the board; can't seem to get the AEK layout. I've tried all of the makefiles, and I've tried passing various arguments as "LAYOUT" and it's still CTRL GUI ALT on the bottom row. What am I missing?

Edit: I ended up working around it; I made a layout using the online editor and manually flashed with dfu-programmer rather than using the makefile. Would love to learn to do the make file, because I'm pretty sure that's the only way to get the ~ behavior that I want (my Clueboard has it; defaults to Esc, but with Shift it's ~, so ` requires the fn key).

Esc/Grave trick can be done with keymap editor, refer to FC660C layout. You can get idea of ACTION_LAYER_MOD on Shift key. Use 'Code Edit' tab to see/edit the action on keymap editor.
http://www.tmk-kbd.com/tmk_keyboard/editor/unimap/?fc660c_emu

Btw, with Clueboard how can people get Shift+Esc? It's critical to get task manager on chrome these days! :D

Offline NotTheVacuum

« Reply #992 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 20:35:25 »
Thanks, Hasu! Will try.

As for task manager, this is on the Mac-optimized layout so I think it's less of an issue.

Offline hfiggs

« Reply #993 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 22:02:19 »
Do you think this will be your last run? Or do you plan on doing more?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #994 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 22:58:27 »
Do you think this will be your last run? Or do you plan on doing more?

yes, I will open GB basically when leftover pcbs run out. I usually sell leftovers after each GB.
But I'm not sure if AEK plate is available on next GB.

Offline Beetwaaf

« Reply #995 on: Wed, 06 September 2017, 09:29:58 »
Heya! I'm looking to build a custom AEK. Do you still have PCBs and Plates available?

Offline stand.geek

« Reply #996 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 13:46:41 »
Hi I wonder if there is any documentation about how to use macro in TMK Keymap Editor?
I try 'Code Edit' tab and select ACTION_MACRO but not working.
Thanks.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #997 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 19:33:12 »
Beetwaaf,
Leftover sale will start soon after GB is fulfilled, in a few weeks probably.

stand.geek,
Keymap Editor doesn't support defining macros at thiis time at least.

If you build firmware from source code with macro definitions you can edit keymap including the macros in Keymap Editor theoretically. But you won't need Keymap Editor in fact when you can write and compile source code :D

Alps64 default firmware doesn't include any macro definitions you can't use macro(ACTION_MACRO) in keymap.

Offline stand.geek

« Reply #998 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 06:27:36 »
Beetwaaf,

stand.geek,

If you build firmware from source code with macro definitions you can edit keymap including the macros in Keymap Editor theoretically. But you won't need Keymap Editor in fact when you can write and compile source code :D

Alps64 default firmware doesn't include any macro definitions you can't use macro(ACTION_MACRO) in keymap.

Ah too bad  :(

So I think this is the right time to start learning about firmware  ;D
Any simple tutorial / documentation as a starting point?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #999 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 20:34:53 »
Beetwaaf,

stand.geek,

Ah too bad  :(

So I think this is the right time to start learning about firmware  ;D
Any simple tutorial / documentation as a starting point?

You can refer to this keymap doc and  my keymap as an example. No further documentation for MACRO you may have to look into tmk_core source code.

https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/master/tmk_core/doc/keymap.md
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/master/keyboard/hhkb/keymap_hasu.c#L219-L239
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/master/tmk_core/common/action_macro.h