Author Topic: LightSaver V2 Group Buy  (Read 374327 times)

Offline Pieminister

Re: LightSaver V2 Group Buy
« Reply #1100 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 04:58:17 »
ALSO I WILL START THE NEXT INTEREST CHECK AFTER VALENTINES DAY.

I am so excited.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #1101 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 05:16:10 »
any chance for the lightsaber plates to have the notches for easier removal of switch tops?

I also second this. Lots of new custom boards like the TX1800 can have notched plates, it would be awesome if the LS had it as well.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Shanghaied

« Reply #1102 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 15:57:42 »
Strange enough, I'm just interested in the case. So is there anyone who's just after the PCB willing to split a kit with me? Or is it possible at all to just buy a case?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1103 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 16:16:38 »
Strange enough, I'm just interested in the case. So is there anyone who's just after the PCB willing to split a kit with me? Or is it possible at all to just buy a case?

Yeah, taylordcraig is, he posted just a few posts up in this thread

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1104 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 16:16:59 »
By the way, is the Lightsaver for sale somewhere? I kinda want one.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #1105 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 16:42:33 »
By the way, is the Lightsaver for sale somewhere? I kinda want one.
Please read a few pages back. We will be starting an interest check for another round soon.

Offline SL89

« Reply #1106 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 18:44:17 »
Please read a few pages back. We will be starting an interest check for another round soon.

Consider me interested.  :thumb:

Offline Prankk

« Reply #1107 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 15:17:36 »
Forgive my ignorance. What would i need to assemble one of these, tools and processes involved.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #1108 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 23:05:32 »
Forgive my ignorance. What would i need to assemble one of these, tools and processes involved.
you'd need a soldering iron.

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #1109 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 13:43:23 »
I think the groupbuy forum is probably the most popular one, so I just want to mention that over in the Interest Check Forum an official thread has gone up for another round of these.

If you are interested head over to:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69409.0

Offline dododollars

« Reply #1110 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 20:46:10 »
I am totally new for this forum. What should i do if i want do but the lightsaver v2?

Offline Shanghaied

« Reply #1111 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 20:49:03 »
I am totally new for this forum. What should i do if i want do but the lightsaver v2?

There's a interest check for a new group buy, the link is in the post above yours.

Offline sakai4eva

« Reply #1112 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 01:05:40 »
Hey guys is there an alternate way of loading keymaps into this thing?

02D's keymapper is sorely lacking in media function keys.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1113 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 08:31:55 »
Can't believe I missed IC and GB for this board, really want one! Meh.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1114 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 10:25:30 »
I'm trying my hand at programming my Orion at the moment... but I am failing hard. And since the Lightsaver uses the same software I thought I'd ask here.

Using the O2D keymapper I figured out where the flip key is but I have been unable to do any programming. Seriously no idea how.
I believe TrueCustom was working on a proper translation?

basic steps when i did it on my eagle / viper:

1. make your layout in 02D and save a hex file (windows region needs to be set to Korean to program arrows and some led functions)
2. hold down the flip or bootloader key while you plug in your keyboard (keys will not function if correctly in bootloader mode)
3. go into device manager and find your keyboard (will have an exclamation mark) and update the driver. (the driver should be in your one of your flip or other avr folders. if there's no devices that need drivers you might already have it installed but make sure you look around)
4. open flip, File - Load HEX File (load the one you created)
5. Select Target Device (ATmega32u4), Select a Communication Medium (usb) *if it can't find the kb, you didn't do step 3 correctly*
6. make sure everything is checked in the Operations Flow and click Run (if flip gets stuck after Blank Check and doesn't program, you might need to reload the hex file, this part is clumsy. play order until it works)
7. after programming is successful, make sure the Reset box in the bottom right is checked and hit Start Application to reboot your kb

everything should be good to go after that.

good luck!

This is great advice, I have all this working now on my Lightsaver. I am having problems with the arrow keys though. The 02D software shows the arrow cluster as "?", and I don't think it's mapping the right codes to the keys. Not sure what I am doing :(

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #1115 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 10:50:02 »
I'm trying my hand at programming my Orion at the moment... but I am failing hard. And since the Lightsaver uses the same software I thought I'd ask here.

Using the O2D keymapper I figured out where the flip key is but I have been unable to do any programming. Seriously no idea how.

1. make your layout in 02D and save a hex file (windows region needs to be set to Korean to program arrows and some led functions)
2. hold down the flip or bootloader key while you plug in your keyboard (keys will not function if correctly in bootloader mode)
3. go into device manager and find your keyboard (will have an exclamation mark) and update the driver. (the driver should be in your one of your flip or other avr folders. if there's no devices that need drivers you might already have it installed but make sure you look around)
5. Select Target Device (ATmega32u4), Select a Communication Medium (usb) *if it can't find the kb, you didn't do step 3 correctly*
6. make sure everything is checked in the Operations Flow and click Run (if flip gets stuck after Blank Check and doesn't program, you might need to reload the hex file, this part is clumsy. play order until it works)
7. after programming is successful, make sure the Reset box in the bottom right is checked and hit Start Application to reboot your kb

good luck!

This is great advice, I have all this working now on my Lightsaver. I am having problems with the arrow keys though. The 02D software shows the arrow cluster as "?", and I don't think it's mapping the right codes to the keys. Not sure what I am doing :(

Change your region on the pc to korea then restart and it should fix that.

I've had three lightsavers go through me and each time I've had to do that to reprogram the arrow keys. 

Edit:

For clarification
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 January 2016, 10:53:07 by filphil »

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1116 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 13:21:55 »

good luck!

I've had three lightsavers go through me and each time I've had to do that to reprogram the arrow keys. 

Edit:

For clarification
Show Image

Thank you...

the place I eventually needed to set this was in the System Locale (Control Panel -> Region and Language -> Administrative tab -> Language for non-Unicode Programs -> Change system locale). It all works now...

Here's some pictures of my board so I can stay on topic:

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1117 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 13:24:56 »
More

good luck!

Edit:

For clarification
Show Image

Thank you...

the place I eventually needed to set this was in the System Locale (Control Panel -> Region and Language -> Administrative tab -> Language for non-Unicode Programs -> Change system locale). It all works now...

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Very nice! Glad to see you finally got it working. I'm very jealous, can't wait to see the board with some caps on it. :thumb:
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1118 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 13:25:12 »

good luck!

Edit:

For clarification
Show Image

Thank you...

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

gross layout but grats
I love Elzy

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1119 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 13:50:22 »

gross layout but grats

Huh? you don't like the layout? OMG, I love it, it will look like this when I am finished with it: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jokrik/14952230998/

Except I will have the Miami Nights GMK set on it, and then eventually SKIDATA!!!

Edit: Thank you to both Sifo and Steezus. Also, thanks to sethk for the soldering.

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #1120 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 13:56:15 »

gross layout but grats

Huh? you don't like the layout? OMG, I love it, it will look like this when I am finished with it: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jokrik/14952230998/

Except I will have the Miami Nights GMK set on it, and then eventually SKIDATA!!!

Edit: Thank you to both Sifo and Steezus. Also, thanks to sethk for the soldering.

I'm not a big fan on the 7x space bar, but really sexy board.
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1121 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 13:56:59 »
sethk delivered??? grats...
I love Elzy

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1122 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 14:01:37 »
sethk delivered??? grats...

Yea it took a while, and he wasn't very communicative at times, but he got it done in the end. Everything seems to be fine.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1123 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 19:49:30 »
I'm psyched for round 3. I've had my eye on this board for quite a while just didn't know what it was. Perfect setup for my work keyboard.
-Dana

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #1124 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 12:35:46 »
Is there anyone in the Atlanta area that has a LSV2 with it working?

For the life of me, I cannot get FLIP to work and get the mapping onto my keyboard. If we could meet somewhere in ATL, and you flash my keyboard, I will owe you a meal and sincere gratitude.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1125 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 14:35:19 »

For the life of me, I cannot get FLIP to work and get the mapping onto my keyboard. If we could meet somewhere in ATL, and you flash my keyboard, I will owe you a meal and sincere gratitude.

:( Would love to help out but not in Atlanta. feel free to pm me and I could try to help out though!
I love Elzy

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #1126 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 15:24:00 »

If you have not found anyone yet, I might be able to just help you via skype.

Offline limitz

« Reply #1127 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 14:47:26 »
Well one issue I have, is the arrow keys when using the mapping program:

http://duck0113.tistory.com/84

All show up as "?" Instead of "Up", "Left", etc.

http://i.imgur.com/8GuNqDa.png
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 January 2016, 14:50:33 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1128 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 14:50:03 »

http://i.imgur.com/UXfX8T1.png

localize your PC to Korea (not the language the localization)

You can change it back after setting the arrows.
I love Elzy

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1129 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 14:50:32 »

http://i.imgur.com/UXfX8T1.png

I had this problem, which Sifo helped with. Change your system locale to Korean,  this fixes the problem.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1130 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 14:50:45 »

Offline limitz

« Reply #1131 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 15:10:08 »
Great, that question is resolved. Another question on the keymapper:

What do "T/L",  "C/M", "MFN", Ly CH, Hot Key, and Key Lock mean?

Is there documentation on this anywhere? I searched and did not find it.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1132 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 15:13:57 »
Great, that question is resolved. Another question on the keymapper:

What do "T/L",  "C/M", "MFN", Ly CH, Hot Key, and Key Lock mean?

Is there documentation on this anywhere? I searched and did not find it.

Check the post your Lightsaver thread in media, photoelectric did some documentation on it
I love Elzy

Offline limitz

« Reply #1133 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 15:23:23 »
I remember that I have to hold down a key on the keyboard while plugging it in, but I can't find anymore what specific key. Which one is it?
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1134 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 15:27:20 »
I remember that I have to hold down a key on the keyboard while plugging it in, but I can't find anymore what specific key. Which one is it?

(above backspace)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1135 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 15:27:23 »

http://m1.daumcdn.net/thumb/R750x0/?fname=http%3A%2F%2Fcfile8.uf.tistory.com%2Fimage%2F227E9344531CEAFE16C376
I love Elzy

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1136 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 15:32:52 »
If anyone has a Lightsaver pcb for sale pls lemme know +_+
I love Elzy

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1137 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 16:01:59 »
It looks like I may be getting my hands on a LSv2 kit.  :D

What is the difference between the old and new plates?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1138 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 16:03:18 »
old one is more universal standard layout

new plate is 1800 layout
I love Elzy

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1139 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 16:06:20 »

Dude,  I love mine!!!  :)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1140 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 16:08:40 »

new plate is 1800 layout

Thank you very much, I would be getting both plates but I think I'll opt for the 1800 layout since that is what I had on my RS96.

That's very good to hear. :D

This was my first dream board but I gave up hope on finding one but it now seems I finally get to own one. ;)

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1141 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 16:12:08 »

new plate is 1800 layout

Thank you very much, I would be getting both plates but I think I'll opt for the 1800 layout since that is what I had on my RS96.

That's very good to hear. :D

This was my first dream board but I gave up hope on finding one but it now seems I finally get to own one. ;)

Be prepared, if you have the alu bottom,  the whole thing is heavy as he'll,  which I love. Solid!!

Edit: the whole case is steel,  silly me :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 January 2016, 16:17:40 by 64rky »

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1142 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 16:17:36 »
Be prepared, if you have the alu bottom,  the whole thing is heavy as he'll,  which I love. Solid!!

My body is ready.

I have both the Orion v2 and TGR-Jane which both way a **** ton, I assumed this would be the same. :p

The shop that Duck uses definitely has amazing quality, I'm not sure if he changed since the LSv2 but the anodizing on my Orion is superb. I expect nothing else for the LSv2.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1143 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 16:21:12 »

My body is ready.

I have both the Orion v2 and TGR-Jane which both way a **** ton, I assumed this would be the same. :p

The shop that Duck uses definitely has amazing quality, I'm not sure if he changed since the LSv2 but the anodizing on my Orion is superb. I expect nothing else for the LSv2.

I get my Orion tonight :)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1144 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 16:25:20 »

My body is ready.

Very nice, that's rather fast!

I'm debating on what switches shall go into my LSv2, I currently have a board with Vintage/Old Browns and another with 65g Zealios. The choices are unbearable. :))

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1145 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 16:50:25 »

My body is ready.

Very nice, that's rather fast!

I'm debating on what switches shall go into my LSv2, I currently have a board with Vintage/Old Browns and another with 65g Zealios. The choices are unbearable. :))

Yea I have that same dilemma. MX clears,  or the heavier zealios. Thing is I have never felt the 65,  67 zealios...  Would love to test them.

Offline Vaun

• ¯\_(ಠ_ಠ)_/¯
« Reply #1146 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 13:22:15 »
Is there any news on when v3 will arrive? Realised I´m gonna need like three so need to save some dough.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1147 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 13:25:17 »
Is there any news on when v3 will arrive? Realised I´m gonna need like three so need to save some dough.

LSv3 will be the next GB after the Octagon v2 is finished. However that is most likely near the end of the year the the LSv3 GB will start and won't arrive at your doorsteps until 2017.

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #1148 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 14:33:08 »

LSv3 will be the next GB after the Octagon v2 is finished. However that is most likely near the end of the year the the LSv3 GB will start and won't arrive at your doorsteps until 2017.
Thanks for information.Hopefully it will start in summer.It's hard to find someone sell their lightsaver :(
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1149 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 14:34:40 »

Thanks for information.Hopefully it will start in summer.It's hard to find someone sell their lightsaver :(

I agree with you there, the LS was the first custom I ever wanted and it took me 9 months to finally get my hands on one. LSv3 should have some really neat new features though. :thumb: