Author Topic: [WTT] NOTHING CURRENTLY  (Read 1242 times)

Offline eohmiller

• Trade Count: (0)
[WTT] NOTHING CURRENTLY
« on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 16:40:52 »
Hello, up for grabs is this beautiful beast: http://imgur.com/a/tUs96

TIMESTAMP:

Inside case is marked 2004. Hand-cut, hand-wired, and built with care.
The Maltron is a fully ergonomic keyboard designed to allow sufferers of RSI and Carpal Tunnel to be able to type without pain or further injury. Further info here: http://www.maltron.com/keyboard-info/dual-hand-fully-ergonomic-3d-keyboards

Aside from the above, this board looks and feels badass. To be honest, I suck at ergonomic, but it was a joy to play with this thing for a month and try to figure it out. The keyboard can switch between two layouts (indicated by an LED): QWERTY and MALTRON, the latter is specially designed to minimize hand movement.

This board uses linear MX blacks. As it was built in ’04, I have no clue whether the switches are
vintage or not. If you can tell from the pictures, please let me know! Regardless, as a Tactile Alps guy, I was surprised to like them as much as I did. Linear felt great for ergonomic, and the actuation point is perfect for touch typing.

My favourite feature of this board has to be the caps. They are thick and feel remarkable. The profile is consistent and fits naturally against the fingertips. As I’m not much of an expert on caps, I can’t give much more info, but you can see them in the photos.

If you are worried about typing on ergonomic, here’s some perspective: I went from ~25wpm to ~50wpm after about 2 hours on this board. After playing with it for a month my average speed is ~60wpm. I type on an AEKII at ~80wpm.

This was originally bought for over $600, I bought it secondhand for less than $350 in stellar condition. Looking to trade for something cool and vintage, though I’d also consider something Topre with caps. I don’t really care about artisans.

Mostly looking for trades, but I’ll sell if I don’t get any interesting offers.

Thanks for looking!

Edit: since I've been asked a lot, sale price is $300+shipping.

Edit: SOLD
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 May 2016, 19:49:02 by eohmiller »

Offline eohmiller

Bump (:

Offline eohmiller

Bump x 2

Offline eohmiller

Bump x 3