Author Topic: Hey there GeekHack!  (Read 1945 times)

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
Hey there GeekHack!
« on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 04:54:02 »
Hey there!

So I'm relatively new to Mechanical Keyboards, got my first, ducky shine 5, mx Browns, just before Christmas.

Since then I've really enjoyed both the keyboard and the community.

Got myself some artisans, love the HKP caps, got a keycap set, managed to put my hands on some vintage boards, via a lucky Gumtree find, and started making some keycaps of my own.

I'm from Australia, Western to be more precise, so yeah Hi!

Some piccies, my board : http://imgur.com/XmlevIw

My vintage find: http://imgur.com/a/Wp5Ay

and finally my caps I've made. I'll be happy to chuck up some more pics as I make more, well as I photograph them, geeze I need a new camera. : http://imgur.com/a/anZ8E

Cheers guys

Coz

« Last Edit: Wed, 03 February 2016, 04:57:10 by cozmonort »

Offline fanpeople

Re: Hey there GeekHack!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 04:58:19 »
Hello fellow Australian, nice automatic salt and pepper shakers. They are the most laziest invention I have ever seen...........

Also are those model Ms? How many did you score?

PS i have those exact salt and pepper shakers.

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 04:59:48 »
Hey man,

Hahah yeah I love them, also the light is.. uhm I'd like to say useful but I don't think I should start here with a lie ;)

I got 5, got 3 left, keeping 1 got 1 complete to sell and 1 missing some caps.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 05:02:33 »
Hey man,

Hahah yeah I love them, also the light is.. uhm I'd like to say useful but I don't think I should start here with a lie ;)

I got 5, got 3 left, keeping 1 got 1 complete to sell and 1 missing some caps.

Caps are easily replaced, you could get a set from Unicomp or random ones from Ebay. There is also clickykeyboards.com that sells individual caps. Are you going to bolt mod them for ****s and gigs? Seriously that is a good score I am jelly

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 05:05:27 »
Ah another aussie, welcome sir :)

Gorgeous caps, the 'no esc keys' are my favorite for damn sure! if you ever need someone to review these bad boys hit me up :D

Also you should suss the Artisan Services and check out what other people are making.

At this rate we will take over this forum in no time :)

:thumb:

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 05:09:38 »
Yeah I was pretty stoked with it!

To be honest I was originally going to sell them all but decided to keep one, because it's an 88 so early and if I get deeper into mechs I know I'll regret it if I don't keep one. So atm just sitting on it. Decide later.

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on artisan forums for a while now. Some amazing stuff there. Thanks! I like the no esc too, I've just sent some off today to be reviewed/critiqued. Waiting to hear the verdict. I'm still taking first steps but it's something I really enjoy.

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 05:11:03 »
Yeah I was pretty stoked with it!

To be honest I was originally going to sell them all but decided to keep one, because it's an 88 so early and if I get deeper into mechs I know I'll regret it if I don't keep one. So atm just sitting on it. Decide later.

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on artisan forums for a while now. Some amazing stuff there. Thanks! I like the no esc too, I've just sent some off today to be reviewed/critiqued. Waiting to hear the verdict. I'm still taking first steps but it's something I really enjoy.

Great stuff, keep it up dude and welcome again :)

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 05:15:43 »
Thanks man! Appreciate it :)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 15:53:47 »
Great googly moogly! Congratulations! Nice find indeed! I usually like plain caps, but I'll have to bookmark those No Escape caps for later :)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 15:59:09 »
Welcome to GH! And nice vintage there mmm.. gray and beige.. the true colors of kb's :P
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 20:12:29 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Nice find, especially the Model Ms!

What do you think of the MX browns now you're tried a few other keyboards?

And you made those other keycaps?  Wow!  Fantastic!  Have you been doing it long?  Those are very consistent and cleanly done!

I wonder if Elrick has seen the convict keycap :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ