Author Topic: If you had to start over...  (Read 4384 times)

Offline PointyFox

Re: If you had to start over...
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 19:50:10 »
Either a Poker or a Filco TKL with black or green or clear switches with Round 3 keycaps. :)

Offline Schattendolch

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 19:52:00 »
If I could start over, I'd buy a topre 45g uniform, and an IBM Model F AT, then leave this forum forever

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 19:52:35 »
There's always kustom 60s. kmac happy and some other crazy korean one that's a bit more poker like.

i know what i want too ;)

there are several kustom 60%s i hope to have before 2014 :3

* Dubsgalore loves dem 60% boards

it's hard to go back after using a 60% ;)

Offline thefunkyprimer

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 19:55:40 »
No, go for GH60. Poker has some annoying limitations. Poker was my 2nd MX board after a G80-3000. While I loved it while I had Poker, and it was the best choice at the time, if GH60 existed then I would absolutely have skipped it.

Thanks a ton for the info. I checked out the threads about the board and it looks fantastic. Is the group buy over? Would I have to pick one up, second hand?

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 19:56:36 »
Leo or Filco TKL with Greens and one tactile Grey spacebar at home.  Model M at work where I need the 10-key.  PBT on every key.

- Ron I samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 19:58:06 »
I've actually done a lot of reading prior to buying stuff... and I successfully sold my Storm Trigger (which I had absolutely no problems with, except the large size).  Pretty happy with all of my keyboard decisions so far, really.  Ideally, I'd like one of the new Ducky Shine IIIs in aluminum cases for my second keyboard, but modding my incoming Filco will be fun!

And I'm very happy to have chosen Browns for my first switch, because having tried a lot of other colors now, Brown remains my favorite.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Larken

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 21:25:49 »
No regrets. Can't know if you like something without trying it out in the first place.

End result would be my ergodox with 55g lubed clears, brown mods, red thumb buttons, which is exactly what I'm using now. Next ergodox would be ultra light browns. Would be nice if there was ever a topre ergodox. The custom layout is infinitely more important than the switch type to me.
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline morpheus

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 21:41:44 »
I'd probably do everything the same way again. 60%, Lubed Ergo Clears, Thick PBT, Aluminum case :)

Edit - Oh yeah and Clack!! ;)

Show Image

You consistently have nice layouts. I enjoy seeing your keyboards  :-*

Offline thefunkyprimer

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 07:43:52 »
No, go for GH60. Poker has some annoying limitations. Poker was my 2nd MX board after a G80-3000. While I loved it while I had Poker, and it was the best choice at the time, if GH60 existed then I would absolutely have skipped it.

Thanks a ton for the info. I checked out the threads about the board and it looks fantastic. Is the group buy over? Would I have to pick one up, second hand?

Nevermind. Looks like I just missed the group buy. :(