Author Topic: [IC] GMK First Love - Final Updates (8/23/19)  (Read 55025 times)

Offline Ultimatum

It looks good. But I want Lilac legend on white base alphas (or dark purple on white). Can you do it for me?
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 July 2019, 08:48:17 by Ultimatum »

Offline ogWalker

rama cap avail? will you announce the kit prices soon? super stoked for this one

Offline upas

It looks good. But I want Lilac legend on white base alphas (or dark purple on white). Can you do it for me?

You might want to check out GMK Moondust!

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
I'd like to chime in to point out a minor problem in the base kit regarding ISO support (which, some may be surprised by this, was NOT my first love).

As the kit stands now, you've got neither full UK ISO support nor full US ISO support, but are instead falling "in the middle of the pond", producing something called "Atlantis ISO". To fix this in the base kit, you have two (ok, three) options:

1) Complete the US ISO support. To do this, replace the R3 #~ key with an R3 \| key instead. The R4 \| key has to remain.

2) Complete the UK ISO support. To do this, do not remove anything, add the three missing keys in R1: , 2" and , and add the missing key in R3: '@.

3) Offer full UK+US ISO support. To do this, do not remove anything, add the three missing keys in R1: , 2" and , and add the two missing keys in R3: '@ and \|.

Hope this helps!

Offline sevenseacat

I bet they use ANSI in Atlantis though ;)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
I'd like to chime in to point out a minor problem in the base kit regarding ISO support (which, some may be surprised by this, was NOT my first love).

As the kit stands now, you've got neither full UK ISO support nor full US ISO support, but are instead falling "in the middle of the pond", producing something called "Atlantis ISO". To fix this in the base kit, you have two (ok, three) options:

1) Complete the US ISO support. To do this, replace the R3 #~ key with an R3 \| key instead. The R4 \| key has to remain.

2) Complete the UK ISO support. To do this, do not remove anything, add the three missing keys in R1: , 2" and , and add the missing key in R3: '@.

3) Offer full UK+US ISO support. To do this, do not remove anything, add the three missing keys in R1: , 2" and , and add the two missing keys in R3: '@ and \|.

Hope this helps!

i offer a rebuttal

just cut the ISO entirely
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations

Hope this helps!

i offer a rebuttal

Or we just offer 4 keys to have proper USISO and physical support for iso which is a good number of users.
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
a good number of users.

5% of GB entrants tops

although data suggests less
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
a good number of users.

5% of GB entrants tops

I too like to base my estimate of users of iso by calculating percentage of people who buy expensive language kit. Bloody brilliant logic there.
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline PotatoTM

i offer a rebuttal

The new thing is just to move it and the numpad into a separate kit (:

Offline nicx

You really tryna make me think of the one that got away every time I use my keyboard?

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.

I too like to base my estimate of users of iso by calculating percentage of people who buy expensive language kit. Bloody brilliant logic there.

Now, now, cut puddsy some slack. After all, puddsy has a daily quota of posted articles to fulfill and he probably can't afford the extra few seconds he'd need to actually think of a proper argument to back his position.

Offline GeekMaker

Purple keycap. It looks very noble. I like it.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
a good number of users.

5% of GB entrants tops

Jamon has kit with barebones ISO support: "it doesn't have enough keys"

Serika has kit with full international support: it has too many keys"

What do you ISO people want

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
Will this bring back my ex

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
Will this bring back my ex
Maybe a booty call  :cool: :))

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
8/25/2019: Update Vendor and pricing. Final kits were posted in the thread. GMK FIRST LOVE WILL LAUNCH ON SEPTEMBER 1ST!!!!!. Since its a remembrance of a memory of mine, there will only be one single round for good. Please help me making it possible. Both Upas and I did our best to make pricing the most affordable to everyone starting at $129.99 per base kit for 250 MOQ! First day (24-hours) group buy backer will be eligible for a First Love Keypora raffle by AlphaKeycaps. Yohans and I are working on the final mockup. Should be here anytime soon.

Love you all, and hope to see everyone at launch <2

Wake me up when September ends...

• CanonKeys
  • Base (MOQ 250). $129.99
  • Novelties (MOQ 150). $45.99
  • Spacebar (MOQ 100). $25.99

• CandyKeys
  • Base (MOQ 250). €
  • Novelties (MOQ 150). €
  • Spacebar (MOQ 100). €

• iLumKB
  • Base (MOQ 250). $SGD
  • Novelties (MOQ 150). $SGD
  • Spacebar (MOQ 100). $SGD

New Render

Chimera65 by CanonKeys

Artisan Update

Mockup of Keypora by AlphaKeycaps: Final draft is currently in the work. Should be here anytime soon  ^-^

Updates also on 1st page.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 August 2019, 08:36:42 by otanishock »

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
TGR-910 RE

Offline maltedsoyamilk

Oooooo, finally going to move to GB phase, take my money already  :)) <3<3
OTD 356 Mini V1 Black | OTD 356.2 | KMAC Happy | Kmac 2 | TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | Matrix v2.0 | TGR-910 SE | Keycult No.1 Alu Silver & Blue | Keycult No.1 Rev 1 Navy | Keycult No.2 Rev 1| Volcano V660|

Offline blizzara01

Re: [IC] GMK First Love - Final Updates (8/23/19)
« Reply #170 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 09:11:23 »
Ohh yeah! Count me in  :thumb:

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #171 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 09:54:40 »
Love the new renders! Good luck with GB  :thumb:

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #172 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 10:00:53 »
Cute

Offline jihadu

« Reply #173 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 10:18:09 »
a good number of users.

5% of GB entrants tops

Jamon has kit with barebones ISO support: "it doesn't have enough keys"

Serika has kit with full international support: it has too many keys"

What do you ISO people want
Something that cannot be atained easily: decent compatability without killing the wallet.

It's an impossibility at GMK price points as int kits can get pretty big (and expensive) quickly. For myself, I have learned to live without correct legends for the most part

Edit: I fully understand that Int kits on 95% of sets are not feasible even for the biggest market(NorDeUk) let alone niche localizations like mine

For me either ISO UK or US will suffice, tho ansi is fine to type on, just not as aesthetic for me. GLWB
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 August 2019, 10:21:34 by jihadu »

Offline JerkChicken456

« Reply #174 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 03:36:08 »
very excited for this GB! definitely getting this  :cool:

Offline hyppialonso

« Reply #175 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 05:16:29 »
the renders are quite different, which one is more closed to reality? I want a real dark purple and dark grey one like the new render shows.

Offline upas

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 15:30:36 »
the renders are quite different, which one is more closed to reality? I want a real dark purple and dark grey one like the new render shows.

Both are close to reality.

In brighter lighting, it will look more like the dark grey. But in darker lighting, it can look darker.

The color Otani picked is the same as red samurai, so if you're familiar with that set, that's how it will look.

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #177 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 20:26:23 »
I'm in for this, and hopefully the followup: GMK Fapstation

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #178 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 07:47:30 »
Pretty much what Upas said. I will post some pics of the actual color code soon. Probably some minor tweaks to the RAL code to fit into what I think is best for the set. Sorry I have a lot of research deadlines and proposals lining up at work that I haven't been able to keep up to date with responses. Will try to do so this weekend before my flight. We've ordered color samples from GMK, although I would imagine it is going to take a few tries until I'm satisfied (especially with the blue purple mods). Stuffs are still being worked on behind the scene. Will post final render of First Love Keypora soon. It looks lovely!

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #179 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 10:08:45 »
Final draft of Keypora

Alsooooooooooo  <3 <3 <3

F*

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 10:17:53 »
Final draft of Keypora

Show Image

Alsooooooooooo  <3 <3 <3

F*

Show Image

selfshill

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #181 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 11:11:18 »
Not sure whether this is the best place to ask, but the renders for First Live on the Chimera match Chimeras accent pretty well, but it seems more on the pale side when compared to the other first love renders. Would you say that render is more or less accurate than the others? And if UPA's sees this, any thoughts on whether the lilac Chimera will be closer to the Chimera render or the other first love renders? Trying to figure out how well they will match essentially.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #182 on: Sat, 31 August 2019, 05:44:56 »
Not sure whether this is the best place to ask, but the renders for First Live on the Chimera match Chimeras accent pretty well, but it seems more on the pale side when compared to the other first love renders. Would you say that render is more or less accurate than the others? And if UPA's sees this, any thoughts on whether the lilac Chimera will be closer to the Chimera render or the other first love renders? Trying to figure out how well they will match essentially.
Upas' a bit to pale. The dark gray I have in mind is a little bit lighter. Hopefully I'll get to see the actual color sample from GMK next week. Will report back what I think.

Offline zian_

« Reply #183 on: Sun, 01 September 2019, 00:27:30 »
Ordered. Lets do thissssss.

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #184 on: Sun, 01 September 2019, 01:34:51 »
Orders through proxies are also eligible for Keypora 24h-raffle, right?

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #185 on: Sun, 01 September 2019, 11:25:51 »
Yes. Ill have the form up pretty soon. Time will be extended a bit past 24 hours - approximately perhaps a little less than a day from now.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #186 on: Sun, 01 September 2019, 11:43:51 »
Form updated HERE

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #187 on: Sun, 01 September 2019, 21:36:03 »
CandyKeys product page still not up  :(

Offline TunnaTown

« Reply #188 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 12:34:42 »
PSA:
The group-buy page is still missing on CandyKeys, but after some clicking and scrolling around, I've found that the sets are up:
https://candykeys.com/product/gmk-first-love-base-kit
https://candykeys.com/product/gmk-first-love-space-kit
https://candykeys.com/product/gmk-first-love-novelty-kit

I couldn't find the RAMA cap anywhere.

Yes. Ill have the form up pretty soon. Time will be extended a bit past 24 hours - approximately perhaps a little less than a day from now.

That would be great. EU customer still don't have any easy way to find the sets.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 September 2019, 12:36:19 by TunnaTown »

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 13:47:06 »
PSA:
The group-buy page is still missing on CandyKeys, but after some clicking and scrolling around, I've found that the sets are up:

That would be great. EU customer still don't have any easy way to find the sets.
I will forward this directly towards MoesToaster. I've already recorded all the entries for US + Asia. China and EU will be extended for another 24 hours due to delay.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #190 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 13:49:48 »
PSA:

Hey!

RAMA is going up in 20 minutes from this post. The page needs a final touch, the system is having a melt down due to the milkshake page. It is a bit haywire on this dual launch! Will make sure all First Love products are up and the page will be fresh before tomorrow as long as the server lets us.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #191 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 14:04:42 »

Hey!

RAMA is going up in 20 minutes from this post. The page needs a final touch, the system is having a melt down due to the milkshake page. It is a bit haywire on this dual launch! Will make sure all First Love products are up and the page will be fresh before tomorrow as long as the server lets us.

<3

GB post pending for approval. First 24-hours clocks in about close to 100 base kits ordered without any extra from vendors (Missing some from EU and all of China, so actual numbers might be a lot more). Of the 100-ish orders, I've got about close to 60 responses total for Keypora entries from US + Asia. Will update final numbers once I get everything down in the next few days.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 September 2019, 14:06:56 by otanishock »

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #192 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 15:57:56 »