Author Topic: Suggestions for Advantage keyboard  (Read 287522 times)

Offline kaltar

Re: Suggestions for Advantage keyboard
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 13:38:01 »
I started a bastard child of the two. That would be the ideal keyboard for me. Maybe I'll have it done by the end of the year. Or not. It depends on how much free time I will have.

Here is my idea how a proper keywell and thumb cluster should look like:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43362.msg1198610#msg1198610

The contoured keywell (and the whole case) should be printable by a dirt cheap reprap 3dPrinter of your friend next door :)

Cool. Please finish it, and now we have an ergodox contoured :)

Offline BlueByLiquid

« Reply #151 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 21:25:50 »
I like the ergodox a lot, lots of potential there. But talking about ergonomics, I prefer the kinesis a lot more.
Same here. Both kinesis and ergodox are lacking. But kinesis is somewhat better. So I'm still using my old Advantage keyboard. I too consider thumb cluster to be far away on ergodox. And I mind a lot that the bottom row is not tilted. I probably could do with other rows not being tilted.

I started a bastard child of the two. That would be the ideal keyboard for me. Maybe I'll have it done by the end of the year. Or not. It depends on how much free time I will have.

The contoured keywell (and the whole case) should be printable by a dirt cheap reprap 3dPrinter of your friend next door :)

Looks good. I had worked on a couple of things to get the contour more natural for the user including little pieces you could build up and 3D printing. I think 3d printing is the way to go. I would probably make a 3d program to generate exactly the curve you want for your hands.

Offline BlueByLiquid

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 21:27:18 »
Sorry for the lack of update guys, we are still going forward...currently working on some kinks in the firmware. I'll keep you updated when I can.

eager to hear more. I just got my new Kinesis at work and I really wish more had been updated from the ps2 version I bought ages ago. The only differences are the finish (looks good) and the dedicated windows key.

Offline k3y

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 19:46:30 »
Probably much too late for input at this point, but I just want to add a voice for support of Colemak.

Offline kaltar

« Reply #154 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 12:56:53 »
Probably much too late for input at this point, but I just want to add a voice for support of Colemak.

You know you can remap all your keys on the Kinesis, right? and also create an additional layer

Offline TGVarik

« Reply #155 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 13:04:36 »
You know you can remap all your keys on the Kinesis, right? and also create an additional layer
But if one needs to retain a more traditional layout option, e.g., QWERTY, for workplace compliance, one would be up a creek. The current firmware supports easy switching between QWERTY and Dvorak, but not between QWERTY and a custom remap.

Offline sordna

« Reply #156 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 14:36:09 »
But if one needs to retain a more traditional layout option, e.g., QWERTY, for workplace compliance, one would be up a creek. The current firmware supports easy switching between QWERTY and Dvorak, but not between QWERTY and a custom remap.

Actually you can remap the keypad layer to the custom remap you want. And then you can switch between the two. So you can have Dvorak or qwerty in the main layer, and a custom remap in the keypad layer.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline astangl

« Reply #157 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 23:06:25 »
Hi, new user here. I have two (one at work, one at home) 14+ year old Kinesis contoured keyboards that I manage to keep operating, cleaning them out periodically and putting Deoxit on connectors to deal with connector flakiness/oxidation issues. Some coworkers see the yellowed plastic and laugh at what they perceive to be ancient hardware. But it gets the job done.

I may be switching to Macs soon and am concerned that these old keyboards may not be compatible with them. (These have the original IBM PC keyboard DIN connector, plugged into a PS/2 adapter, plugged into a flaky PS/2 to USB adapter.)

I'm excited to read that Kinesis plans to be coming out with an improved keyboard soon. It's a given (I hope) that they'll be PC/Mac compatible and have USB connectors, but I hope for some additional improvements:

1. Higher quality keycaps, preferably dyesub PBT, or failing that, double-shot or engraved ABS. At least make these available as an option for users willing to pay a premium for this -- although the keyboard already commands a premium price, so it'd be nice not to be nickeled and dimed too much here. I've worn off some of the surface-applied legends on my keycaps, and it just does not seem right for the Kinesis to have these cheap-seeming keycaps.

2. Replace the rubber keys with real keyswitches. I can understand that they were cheap and easy to squeeze in a large number of them in a tight area, but everybody hates them, and they cheapen the overall feel of the keyboard.

3. Open firmware, or at least easily updated firmware. Many companies see the wisdom of open source nowadays. This blog and others like it are clear evidence of an enthusiast community that a wise manufacturer can leverage to help improve its product at little to no cost. I worked on firmware in computer terminals for over 5 years, and would love the opportunity to dig in and help fix and improve it. When I read about keystrokes getting lost when too many macros are defined, because of having to linearly scan through the entire list with each keystroke, it makes me want to pull my hair out because there's many better ways to do this that would avoid this issue. Also when I read recent accounts of people experiencing the same issues with "stuck shift" state that I experience, it makes it seem like the firmware has been relatively neglected, that bugs like this have been allowed to persist for over 10 years. You are primarily in the hardware business, and would have little to lose by open sourcing your firmware, and potentially much to gain. For one thing, you'll never again find yourself in a situation where you are stuck with firmware you cannot update because some third party wrote it and went out of business.

If you are looking for beta testers, for either new keyboards, replacements electronics, or replacement firmware, I'd love to volunteer. Though I mostly do software nowadays, I'm still quite comfortable taking things apart, pulling chips, soldering/unsoldering, etc. I have removed & sent in keywells that had flaky solder joints (I offered to touch up the solder joint myself but was advised to send it in instead.)

Any news on when the new keyboard will be available?

Thanks,

Alex

Offline BlueByLiquid

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 11:10:27 »
I like the ergodox a lot, lots of potential there. But talking about ergonomics, I prefer the kinesis a lot more.
Same here. Both kinesis and ergodox are lacking. But kinesis is somewhat better. So I'm still using my old Advantage keyboard. I too consider thumb cluster to be far away on ergodox. And I mind a lot that the bottom row is not tilted. I probably could do with other rows not being tilted.

Any update? Thanks!

Offline vvp

« Reply #159 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 12:38:30 »

Any update? Thanks!

The case moved a bit on, but I'll need to redo a part of it since I was talked into connecting left and right hand side with a cable which can be disconnected (8 pin RJ45 (Ethernet) jack, but only 6 pins will be used). Originally, I planned 13 wire connection which could not be disconnected. ETA is still sometimes at the end of this year (if I will not lose interest).
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43362.msg1299124#msg1299124
Warning: It will be a bit harder to build (will require more skills) than ErgoDox.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57559.msg1310989#msg1310989
But if should not be much more expensive if you have a friend with well calibrated RepRap FDM printer.

PS: I was curious where Kinesis vendor forum disappeared. Looks like this thread is here but it is not dedicated to any particular vendor any more.

Offline oystein.krog

« Reply #160 on: Sat, 10 May 2014, 13:25:59 »
vvp: Oh man, your keywell has single-handedly aalmost convinced me to get a 3d printer:P
I'm still trying to hold out but it is really damn though!

Offline BlueByLiquid

« Reply #161 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 23:10:11 »

Any update? Thanks!

The case moved a bit on, but I'll need to redo a part of it since I was talked into connecting left and right hand side with a cable which can be disconnected (8 pin RJ45 (Ethernet) jack, but only 6 pins will be used). Originally, I planned 13 wire connection which could not be disconnected. ETA is still sometimes at the end of this year (if I will not lose interest).
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43362.msg1299124#msg1299124
Warning: It will be a bit harder to build (will require more skills) than ErgoDox.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57559.msg1310989#msg1310989
But if should not be much more expensive if you have a friend with well calibrated RepRap FDM printer.

PS: I was curious where Kinesis vendor forum disappeared. Looks like this thread is here but it is not dedicated to any particular vendor any more.

Thanks! I'm super interested. in this.

About the forum. I somehow found this post about the missing forums. (it seems they get deleted if no one from the vendor posts in X amount of time). http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57664.msg1322301#msg1322301

Offline rosciol

« Reply #162 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 14:04:55 »
If a split version of the Advantage gets released, I'm buying at least 2 on day 1.  In the vein of suggestions, split is the top of my list, and it probably occupies the first 8 slots in my top ten requests.  After that would be a layering system like Ergodox and alternative firmwares have.  I don't think firmware was ever the Advantage's strong suit (it's the hardware!), as it had some known problems (like how my keys get stuck in all caps at random times), so it seems like open sourcing the firmware so the hordes of Kinesis followers can work on / improve it would be in everyone's interest.  Lastly, more keys is always nice, but not a super high priority, but replacing the rubber bits on top would be great.  Adding an inner column and/or a key below the shift keys would be further down the list of requests.

While I'm biding my time waiting for a split Advantage, I'm considering the Ergodox buy that's going on right now.  I'm not sure I'm up to soldering all of those parts, though; my soldering skills are pretty terrible.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #163 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 14:16:05 »
While I'm biding my time waiting for a split Advantage, I'm considering the Ergodox buy that's going on right now.  I'm not sure I'm up to soldering all of those parts, though; my soldering skills are pretty terrible.

Why not have it assembled for you?

Offline rosciol

« Reply #164 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 15:23:18 »

They seem to have removed the pre-assembled options for this buy (assuming it normally exists on the order page), so it looks like self-service or find-your-own-assembler are the ways to go.  Not the end of the world; maybe it will give me an opportunity to improve my skills.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #165 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 15:28:24 »
See the list of people who offer assembly service here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45886

Offline rosciol

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 15:58:21 »
Thanks for the link; that's really helpful.

Offline SonOfSonOfSpock

« Reply #167 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 00:24:35 »

They seem to have removed the pre-assembled options for this buy (assuming it normally exists on the order page), so it looks like self-service or find-your-own-assembler are the ways to go.  Not the end of the world; maybe it will give me an opportunity to improve my skills.

The MassDrop people have said the pre-assembly was a one time thing.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #168 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 01:35:25 »
Note red circles:

My Split Kinesis has the same extreme lower right key added on both key wells as shown on this right key well. (see small red circle on right)
When I converted the 18 rubber keys to 12 mechanical switches, I decided to move 6 of the 18 rubber keys to the same locations shown here in vvp's 3D print mock up. But I have not done the work…looks like vvp may have done it already. (see long red oval on left)
I'm not sure about the thumb key cluster changes…but will contact vvp to see what he's up to.

67997-0
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 June 2014, 15:28:17 by Input Nirvana »
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline Zekromtor

• My Setup
« Reply #169 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 06:09:07 »
That cheeky bastard put Z in the second layer. Smart. That's a very nice layout he's got there.

Advantage really needs the ability to easily bind an existing key as a momentary switch to access the other layer. Toggle doesn't cut it, and not everybody is as crazy as the rest of us and willing to chop up their keyboard the first chance they get.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #170 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 06:21:05 »
That cheeky bastard put Z in the second layer. Smart.
wat.

Offline Zekromtor

• My Setup
« Reply #171 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 08:37:18 »
On his Y key legend he has a Z underneath it. I'm assuming he remapped his Z key there second layer as it is so low frequency, it doesn't deserve a place on the main layer.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #172 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 09:17:37 »
Umm, ever heard of QWERTZ? That keycap set looks pretty much like Czech QWERTZ.

Offline vvp

« Reply #173 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 09:53:13 »
That keycap set looks pretty much like Czech QWERTZ.

Yes, the keycaps are from a scrapped Czecho-Slovak QWERTZ keyboard.
Do not care about keycap markings. A modified chrisandreae's firmware will be loaded there. The layout can be defined whatever you like at the firmware load time and later remapped on the fly.

Status: Electronics is designed and checked on a breadboard. Cases are almost designed (some mounting points for PCBs/LCD/cabling are still missing inside the cases). ETA is still sometimes by the end of this year (if I will not lose interest).

Offline Zekromtor

• My Setup
« Reply #174 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 13:06:26 »
That keycap set looks pretty much like Czech QWERTZ.

Yes, the keycaps are from a scrapped Czecho-Slovak QWERTZ keyboard.
Do not care about keycap markings. A modified chrisandreae's firmware will be loaded there. The layout can be defined whatever you like at the firmware load time and later remapped on the fly.

Status: Electronics is designed and checked on a breadboard. Cases are almost designed (some mounting points for PCBs/LCD/cabling are still missing inside the cases). ETA is still sometimes by the end of this year (if I will not lose interest).

Ah, I see now. Just a "choose your config" style key, not a second layer.

N/m then!

Offline Canut

« Reply #175 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 04:55:29 »
Sorry for the lack of update guys, we are still going forward...currently working on some kinks in the firmware. I'll keep you updated when I can.

Any progress?
Will the new firmware be open for modifications?
Could you enlist the help of the community to get it finished?
(It seems that's what Totally Ergonomic did. But in their case they'd left users without support for far too long and squandered any good will).

Community-designed keyboards have made amazing advances in programmability, etc. (even a GUI in the case of the Ergodox). Any commercial product that lags behind that isn't really going to encourage me to hand over several hundred dollars.
I'm hoping for mechanical Fn keys; and updated controller, programmability, and interface.
 :thumb:

[closes wallet and waits patiently for product release]

Offline goflo

« Reply #176 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 02:26:41 »
Same here.

I´m waiting for some more information. I almost ordered a Advantage Keyboard a few days ago, but then found this thread.
So I think I'll wait for the new one too ;)

[closes wallet and waits patiently for product release too]  ;D
- Ergodox Classic/Browns/Grifiti Rests  | - IBM Model M Blue Label |  - Poker II MX Blue | - Ergodox Classic/Blues/Grifiti Rests

Offline figit090

• RGB LED Kinesis Contoured
« Reply #177 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 22:07:33 »
I'm really really REALLY hoping for a split board or at least more adjustibility.   as much as I love my kinesis classic (i even took the trouble to backlight the thing and may install more buttons someday) I'm still experimenting with ways to position it for proper feel. 

Is it really better to raise the front end (nearest to myself) a 1/2" or so to help with ergonomics?

Right now I have a horrible divot in the left hand wrest so obviously something is wrong.  Any tips on positioning is appreciated.

Besides that perhaps i need to remap the CTRL keys, because photoshop and lightroom's CTRL+ALT and CTRL+SHIFT are so wildly different it's a bit awkward to use my hotkeys.
I'm SO glad to see the site is updated!  Now get on social media and keep pushing before microsoft goes further with their designs and does us ergo guys and gals no good whatsoever.  Also, people love LED's...I think the Kinesis boad would sell more if lighted keys and/or keywells was an option. 

Or I could just modify them for everyone for a price.  :thumb:

Offline figit090

« Reply #178 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 23:07:28 »
double post sorry

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #179 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 01:23:43 »
It will certainly be interesting to see what updates Kinesis will have come up with, what they didn't do, and if anything takes a step backwards…..

They will have backlighting, but I don't' know how extensive it will be..
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  

Offline figit090

« Reply #180 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 22:12:49 »
It will certainly be interesting to see what updates Kinesis will have come up with, what they didn't do, and if anything takes a step backwards…..

They will have backlighting, but I don't' know how extensive it will be..

wait, is backlighting of some sort confirmed?  Also, what happened to the "Post your Kinesis Keyboards!" thread???  I have the URL and it's dead; a search failed me as well.

Man, if we get RGB led cherry switches I'll be down for a new board someday wayyy sooner than I planned (I plan to get a new one when my current classic model dies).  Ideally I'd like the current design with a few more buttons, mech functions, RGB LED's in each key, and I'll add my own keywell backlighting if it's not there, and think about hacking it in half.  I need to reference the split kinesis design again I forget how tricky that mod is...  I really feel like it would be neat to get a LITTLE more separation for my shoulders though.  For now I'll try activating my shoulder muscles a bit more I guess.

« Last Edit: Mon, 30 June 2014, 22:30:51 by figit090 »

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #181 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:46:34 »
Splitting a Kinesis is by far THE BEST THING I'VE EVER DONE with keyboards. Adding keys and converting the rubber keys to mechanical are the second best.
So I think you're on the right track :)

Offline sordna

« Reply #182 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 13:39:39 »
For me best thing I ever did was the palm keys. Did you try that yet?

EDIT: on second thought maybe convincing Kinesis to make the LF was the best thing I did. Tough call. Palm keys was the most fun for sure.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 July 2014, 14:24:03 by sordna »
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline luisbg

« Reply #183 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 21:06:06 »

EDIT: on second thought maybe convincing Kinesis to make the LF was the best thing I did. Tough call. Palm keys was the most fun for sure.

Palm keys? Mind explaining me what that is?
Leopold FC660M - Brown mx switches - black case - white blank keys :: ErgoDox - Blue mx switches - classic case - black blank keys

Offline sordna

« Reply #184 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 21:52:51 »

Palm keys? Mind explaining me what that is?

See the "extra keys mod" in my sig. If you are in Tapatalk, long pressing a post and selecting "open in browser" allows you to see posts with signatures.

Here's a sample:

« Last Edit: Thu, 03 July 2014, 23:04:05 by sordna »

Offline luisbg

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 09:37:47 »
Here's a sample:
Show Image
Show Image

That is pretty cool in a unique kind of way.
Leopold FC660M - Brown mx switches - black case - white blank keys :: ErgoDox - Blue mx switches - classic case - black blank keys

Offline islisis

« Reply #186 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 19:22:05 »
i've been finding lately that the backspace key can be used as an effective palm-type mod key (more like base of the thumb, but the activation is done mostly by the weight of the hand so strain-free). useful when dual-roled

Offline figit090

« Reply #187 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 13:31:51 »
Can anyone tell me what happened to the "Post your Kinesis Keyboards" thread?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #188 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 14:23:04 »
Can anyone tell me what happened to the "Post your Kinesis Keyboards" thread?
It disappeared with the Kinesis, Unicomp and other subforums, because of inactivity.

I asked mods to restore this particular thread, because it's linked from elsewhere (DT wiki, my review of Kinesis Advantage).

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #189 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 15:18:56 »
I really dislike the way the mods on this forum disappear stuff. It’s fine to ax subforums, but the threads should all be moved somewhere else (maybe somewhere for “archived threads from deleted subforums”)

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #190 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 16:35:34 »
 Threads should not disappear. Ever. Very uncool.

Offline figit090

« Reply #191 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 02:42:41 »
I really dislike the way the mods on this forum disappear stuff. It’s fine to ax subforums, but the threads should all be moved somewhere else (maybe somewhere for “archived threads from deleted subforums”)

That's really stupid.  I can't even SEARCH for a thread?  Mods, is the server filling up or something? Were those subforums sending new users away because of undue complication or clogging the servers?
I totally understand a limited budget especially if this is fully funded by one or just a few enthusiasts, but accessing old threads by search is even disabled??

Do they bring stuff back?  If so that means it's somewhere and still taking up space so making it searchable isn't a bad idea.  That was a nice thread that I was anxious to go back to, because I like Kinesis boards...and I thought this was a geeky forum where the sillyness of being a "keyboard enthusiast" would go hand in hand with archives of trivial data and discussion about data entry devices. 

Guess I was wrong.  :-\

I was looking forward to seeing Kinesis doing well in the future with their site redesign and imminent new model, so having special sections on their brand was nice.  I guess if they are virtually dead sure, hide them but please let us access old threads.  Did we loose modding and customization threads too?  I'm not here enough to know.

/rant

Offline vvp

« Reply #192 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 03:04:31 »
You could have posted to them while they existed to keep them alive :D
But it's too late now.

Offline johnnyo

« Reply #193 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 04:43:40 »
what - the - f**k

this is a forum, no? not an IM

"Post your Advantage" was a fine thread :(

Offline sordna

« Reply #194 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 11:22:24 »
Folks please mention your concerns here, in a thread about the vanishing vendor forums:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57664.0

Offline figit090

« Reply #195 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 19:30:33 »
You could have posted to them while they existed to keep them alive :D
But it's too late now.

...... :blank:

Folks please mention your concerns here, in a thread about the vanishing vendor forums:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57664.0

I will thank you.

Offline mbrown559

« Reply #196 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 16:15:39 »
Waiting for an update on this :).  Myself and 5 others at work are waiting to see the new model before purchasing new keyboards. 

The major functions we would like to see in the new design:
-Truly split design
-Trackpad/Trackball
-Ability to reprogram keys

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #197 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 16:48:06 »
When are they updating the advantage? I am curious.

Offline natas206

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #198 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 12:02:18 »

Still a work in process. Wish I had news for everyone but there were some delays and also other products we've been working on launching first. Beta testing should start within 1-3 months (some of you are on the list  :thumb:). Which likely pushes the release date to early 2015.

By the way, if anyone is interested, Kinesis is currently having a sale on refurbished Advantage keyboards for $215.  They come with the same 2 year warranty & 60-day money back guarantee. http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/shop/advantage-for-pc-mac-refurbished/

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #199 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 16:36:11 »

Still a work in process. Wish I had news for everyone but there were some delays and also other products we've been working on launching first. Beta testing should start within 1-3 months (some of you are on the list  :thumb:). Which likely pushes the release date to early 2015.

By the way, if anyone is interested, Kinesis is currently having a sale on refurbished Advantage keyboards for $215.  They come with the same 2 year warranty & 60-day money back guarantee. http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/shop/advantage-for-pc-mac-refurbished/

May I join the beta testing? My advantage I've been using for a year with my magic trackpad (clicky!) mount modification to prove my worthiness.  :)

I used dashgrip and cut a piece of plastic to hold the trackpad so I can still use the clicky feet of the trackpad. Purposefully place near to the left side so my left hand can reach it without stretching out too much. Changed thumb cluster top keys to flat keys to make more room for the trackpad.

album: http://imgur.com/a/IL8ve
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 August 2014, 16:40:30 by argcargv »