Author Topic: Anyone near Greensboro NC?  (Read 2002 times)

Offline FistOfTheNorthStar

Anyone near Greensboro NC?
« on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 21:05:16 »
Hi all.  I was hoping to find a mech keyboard enthusiast nearby that might have a few keyboards with Cherry, Matias, Gateron, or Zealios switches on them.  I am planning on buying the ergodox keyboard soon and these are the switch types that are available for it.....I can't seem to find a tester kit that has all 4 of those switches in it for sale.

Let me know if someone might be able to help a soon-to-be-keyboard-geek out!

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
Re: Anyone near Greensboro NC?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 22:13:41 »
I'm in Cary. I have a few boards you're welcome to test out. You just missed a big meet-up here in Raleigh a couple weeks ago! We will probably do another smaller one in a few months in either Durham or Charlotte. I'm thinking next month we'll do a mini-meet/food&beers here in Raleigh.
-Dana

Offline hking0036

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 21:38:10 »
I'm in Cary. I have a few boards you're welcome to test out. You just missed a big meet-up here in Raleigh a couple weeks ago! We will probably do another smaller one in a few months in either Durham or Charlotte. I'm thinking next month we'll do a mini-meet/food&beers here in Raleigh.
Let me know if you get one going in Charlotte, I'd be interested.
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 22:38:27 »

Weird, we're probably right down the block from each other. I'm over in Morrisville. Totally missed out on the meetup.

To FistOfTheNorthStar, as I mentioned above, I live in Morrisville, and I have a board with 67g Zealios in it that is currently not getting used a ton. If you were willing to cover the shipping for to your place and back to me, I'd be happy to loan it to you for a couple of days to try out. Not sure what the costs would be like, but figured I'd throw that idea off the wall.

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 23:42:54 »
Chapel Hill reporting in.
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 18:45:47 »

Missing the meet up isn't a big deal as my work schedule is insane until the corporate tax filing deadline each year....I would be up for a meet in Raleigh next time though.

Whenever you have an hour free one of the upcoming weekends then let me know and I will make a trip to Cary to check out some of these boards of yours.  I appreciate the offer!   :thumb:

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 20:58:04 »
yeah thats cool. This weekend i'm kinda open. Or April 22-23rd weekend is good. We could just have a lunch or something.
-Dana

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 25 March 2017, 07:39:28 »
Looks like April is going to work out better for me....gotta head in to the office to get soe work done... 

I will follow up with you in a couple weeks so we can work something out.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 21:25:45 »
Cool, i'll put out the bat-signal for something on that weekend. Does Saturday or Sunday work better for you? I'm thinking lunch or a brewery or something?
-Dana

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 18:59:27 »
Hey Dana my wife just notified me that her sister is coming in to town this weekend and she wants me to be around the house....  I think I may have to ask for a raincheck.....  sorry!!!  I was hoping to tap on a couple types of switches before the next Massdrop for the infinity ergodox comes around again so I guess let me know if you have some free time in the future.  Thanks again!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 19:25:43 »
it's all fine, until someone gets /murdered.. 

take a buddy w/ u  and check in at geekhack before you leave..  and when you expect to be back

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 19:31:15 »
Hey Dana my wife just notified me that her sister is coming in to town this weekend and she wants me to be around the house....  I think I may have to ask for a raincheck.....  sorry!!!  I was hoping to tap on a couple types of switches before the next Massdrop for the infinity ergodox comes around again so I guess let me know if you have some free time in the future.  Thanks again!

Still would be happy to help you out here. I have a few switches I can send over. Got 67g Zealios, Gateron red, Gateron Black, and Cherry MX brown. Could send you one of each. Wouldn't charge you for the switches or anything, probably just have you send me a shipping label or something once we agree on how to package.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 19:41:35 »
Also , do not leave ur geekhack account logged in on your phone,  so the person who murders you can't take your phone and pose as you during check in..