Author Topic: [IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2  (Read 138371 times)

Offline kikan

Re: [IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2
« Reply #600 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 05:02:50 »
Found an error in Exotic kit. The 3u key is only available in row 3. It will be changed in mockups to row 3 for the drop.

Update.
Exotic kit
Show Image

Hi T0mb3ry,

I don't know if you have your say in this, but do you know if Massdrop will ship the keycaps in trays ?
Scratches due to rough handling during shipping is to be expected if the keycaps are shipped in bags.
That would be a shame to spoil such a nice set.

Regards,

G

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #601 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 06:08:22 »
Found an error in Exotic kit. The 3u key is only available in row 3. It will be changed in mockups to row 3 for the drop.

Update.
Exotic kit
Show Image

Hi T0mb3ry,

I don't know if you have your say in this, but do you know if Massdrop will ship the keycaps in trays ?
Scratches due to rough handling during shipping is to be expected if the keycaps are shipped in bags.

Regards,

G

SP caps all come bagged. But my personal experience is that ABS SA don't scratch as easily as PBT SA or ABS GMK ones do. I have yet to find a scratched key among my many sets that were all shipped in bags.

Offline kikan

[IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2
« Reply #602 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 06:09:35 »

Update.
Exotic kit
Show Image

Hi T0mb3ry,

Regards,

G

SP caps all come bagged. But my personal experience is that ABS SA don't scratch as easily as PBT SA or ABS GMK ones do. I have yet to find a scratched key among my many sets that were all shipped in bags.
Ok then, thanks for the hindsight ;-)

« Last Edit: Tue, 30 May 2017, 06:23:44 by kikan »

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #603 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 06:23:43 »

Update.
Exotic kit
Show Image

Hi T0mb3ry,

Regards,

G

This is literally the opposite of my experience. I have yet to receive a set of ABS SA caps shipped in bags that didn't have any scratched keys.

Offline kikan

« Reply #604 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 06:24:27 »

Update.
Exotic kit
Show Image

Hi T0mb3ry,

Regards,

G

This is literally the opposite of my experience. I have yet to receive a set of ABS SA caps shipped in bags that didn't have any scratched keys.
Arf...

Offline richard912

« Reply #605 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 08:42:34 »
Slightly over 24 hours away from MD drop starting. Anyone hyped yet?

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #606 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 10:14:02 »
Why there is no non-scooped home keys F, J in the Alpha kit? It's better to have these two keys in one alpha kit. Anyone who like to have non-scooped F, J in their alpha zone could buy both the Alpha kit and the Adaptive Alpha kit. But it's a waste of money to buy two kits just to have what in a usual SA alpha kit.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #607 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 10:45:17 »
Slightly over 24 hours away from MD drop starting. Anyone hyped yet?

I thought I was going to pass on this, but, with how beautiful the carbon themed Moon TKL looks, I can't imagine *not* getting this now...
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #608 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 11:07:46 »
Why there is no non-scooped home keys F, J in the Alpha kit? It's better to have these two keys in one alpha kit. Anyone who like to have non-scooped F, J in their alpha zone could buy both the Alpha kit and the Adaptive Alpha kit. But it's a waste of money to buy two kits just to have what in a usual SA alpha kit.

Because during the IC Phase nobody asked/requested it.

Offline xantiema

« Reply #609 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 11:21:20 »
I am so in for this set

Offline yookwh

« Reply #610 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 11:22:53 »

Because during the IC Phase nobody asked/requested it.

I think you should just edit your first post on the top with a big "PLEASE NO REQUESTS FOR CHANGES." It'll save you a lot of headaches  ;D

Offline Auk

« Reply #611 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 11:32:44 »
What is the primary purpose of the adaptive alphas? are they mostly for ortho and ergo layouts?

edit your first post on the top with a big "PLEASE NO REQUESTS FOR CHANGES."

Indeed, all these IC threads would benefit from a title stating the deadline for suggestions and changes if applicable, followed by an edit saying closed if that's the case.

Offline isunktheship

• AJCVisual
« Reply #612 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 14:53:12 »

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #613 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 15:21:34 »
I am closing this thread due to the SP-SA Carbon Round 2 starting in less than 24h.

This was a superfast interest check (looking back at 31kits) I've done so far. I wish that fast IC will never happen again. I would rather having 3 months for IC so i got more time to think about kits, strategy, thoughts (work out some ideas to an appropriate result) i got on my mind and gather more feedback.

Anyway i'd like to thank everyone who provided feedback and suggestions. Ofcourse thanks to all hypemakers in this thread and i hope in the end all the hype was worth it ;)

Thank you!

For further discussion please use following GB/Drop thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=89867.msg2432645#new