Author Topic: Help identify this LED  (Read 2091 times)

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
Help identify this LED
« on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 23:03:39 »
I have a DZ60 REV 2.0 60% pcb from https://kbdfans.cn/collections/pcb/products/dz60-60-pcb and was hoping to replace the underlights with different LEDs. Can anyone help me identify these smd LEDs and suggest a UV replacement that would work? I have no idea about the spec other than they're approx. 5mm x 5mm, 4-pin rgb. I have seen 6-pin, and two pin: the latter makes sense for a mono-colour but connectors are too big and don't mesh with the 4-pin pads; the latter is just weird as why would a mono-colour need 6 pins (also they wouldn't mesh with the 4-pin)?

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
Re: Help identify this LED
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 05:16:45 »
QMK natively supports two kind of RGB LEDs: WS2811 (and its variants) and the SK6812. Since the latter is the only four pins one, I'm inclined to believe it is your LED.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 14:50:47 »
QMK natively supports two kind of RGB LEDs: WS2811 (and its variants) and the SK6812. Since the latter is the only four pins one, I'm inclined to believe it is your LED.

Nice detective work. Looks like it's only in RGB flavours, no single colour < 400 nm.

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 00:54:29 »
Holy crap!  I just posted a few days ago in somebody's thread what a brilliant idea a numberpad on the left side would be.  I can see in the OP's signature it actually exists.
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.