Author Topic: [IC] - Genesis 96% By Hedron Design  (Read 4530 times)

Offline Hedron_Design

[IC] - Genesis 96% By Hedron Design
« on: Tue, 23 January 2024, 19:38:35 »

Introducing Hedron's: Genesis
Ic Form: https://forms.gle/7qJB6wgrSPd2Fztw5
Discord: https://discord.gg/e2YvmJuq
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hedron_design/?hl=en

305705-0

Read Before < - - - - - - - - - - - Backstory to the Keeb and Team
Hello Everyone!

I’m really excited to be a part of this forum. From what I've observed, everyone here is incredibly welcoming and kind, making this community truly special. I'd like to provide a quick background on the story behind this keyboard to shed light on our journey.

My name is John, my two friends and I brought this project to life to understand the challenges involved in taking a keyboard from inception to a group buy (GB). The process is undeniably challenging, requiring a deep understanding of design, manufacturing, and business logistics. Through our research we found the biggest hurdle is the steep learning curve needed to be successful in these three areas.

This inspired us to create a team dedicated to assisting consumers in navigating this intimidating process. Many talented designers and individuals may have contemplated creating a keyboard but abandoned their ideas midway due to the complexity of bringing it to life. With the need to juggle making CAD models, finding suppliers, ordering prototypes, and meeting deadlines, many aspiring creators might be wondering, "How do you even get started?"

So we decided to create Hedron Design—a startup with a grand vision to disrupt the supply chain and manufacturing industry. Fueled by our passion for keyboards, we want to connect struggling creators with the right resources to streamline the design and manufacturing process.

We believe that if there isn't already a team dedicated to consulting smaller creators or businesses in this realm, why not create one ourselves? We believe that if we can enable anyone to launch their next keyboard idea, no matter how crazy unique it is, it will lift the keyboard community as a whole and lead to more diverse projects.

So, that's us—Hedron! We invite you to join us on our journey, support us by sharing your thoughts and tips through PMs, and thank you for taking the time to read our story. We hope you enjoy our first project, Hedron's Genesis—a product we've poured our hearts into.

Thank you for your time and support!

This is Hedron’s: Genesis

305707-1

Space Grey

305709-2

Purple

305711-3

Black

305713-4

Silver

305715-5

Details:

Method of Sale: 300 Units Price - TBD
Mounting: Gasket
Form Factor: 96%
Front Height: 16mm
Back Height: 29mm
Angle: 6 Degrees
PCB: Hotswap
Plate: Aluminium

Update 3/20/24:

We are very excited to announce the keyboard prototype is finally done! Here are a few pictures of it in natural lighting, more product photos will be released soon along with the information for the preorder. The bottom of the keyboard is plain currently, we are open to adding in a brass insert of our Logo/Genesis if our audience is interested! Please see the Google Form survey to follow the project into the groupbuy and submit feedback on adding a brass insert.

306739-6

306741-7

306743-8
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 March 2024, 21:58:48 by Hedron_Design »

Offline FlashBombGod

Re: [IC] - Genesis 96% By Hedron Design
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 26 January 2024, 00:08:47 »
Very interesting design! Have you guys considered doing a Southpaw version? Also, I might be blind, but are there no arrow keys?

Offline Hedron_Design

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 26 January 2024, 18:38:39 »
Very interesting design! Have you guys considered doing a Southpaw version? Also, I might be blind, but are there no arrow keys?

Thank you very much! The arrow keys are a rendering error, rest assured that the keyboard will have a standard 96% layout with arrow keys included.

And Yes, we have considered a Southpaw version along with several other modified layouts using the same case. We designed Genesis to be a platform that continually introduces fresh variations for everyone using it. As long as Hedron Design operates, we will continue to provide support, replacement parts, and upgradable features for it.

Our mission is to empower users to completely customize their keyboard with no limits, all while maintaining competitive group-buy pricing and swift turn-around times. You'll be able to individually request a, unique layout without breaking the bank or waiting months for fulfillment.

Your feedback and ideas are greatly welcome, feel free to share them in the IC form. We'll store them and keep you informed about when these options will be available. As we continue to grow, the time it will take for you to receive your one-off keyboard will go from a few weeks to a few days.

-John

Offline rondg

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 28 January 2024, 14:02:36 »
The borders of the sides are not even. Is this intentional?

Offline Hedron_Design

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 29 January 2024, 18:43:15 »
This was not intentional! The CAD model revision used for renders had an error on the case symmetry and the layout of the keys. The keyboard will be 96% layout and have proper design aesthetics.

We appreciate the feedback and are addressing all concerns/suggestions in our next update!

Thanks[size=78%],[/size]

John

Offline Hedron_Design

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 20 March 2024, 22:00:29 »
See the latest updates on our prototype! We are very proud of how it turned out, looks great!