Author Topic: Need Advice on White thick cherry profile PBT Keycaps.  (Read 3952 times)

Offline srikzquest

Need Advice on White thick cherry profile PBT Keycaps.
« on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 02:55:56 »
Hi,

I haven't owned a single keycap set until now and I want to invest in White thick cherry profile PBT Keycaps as my default set. I have seen these 2 until now. Both the below sets have nice contrasting legends as well at least in the pictures. Does any one have experience with these sets. If so, could you please let me know how they were in person.

The first one is from Sentraq.com

https://sentraq.com/collections/keycaps/products/cherry-profile-dye-sub-pbt-keycaps

The second one is from KBDFans

https://kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/keycaps/products/one-dye-subbed-keycap-set-104keys

Please let me know.

Thanks...

Offline shekki

Re: Need Advice on White thick cherry profile PBT Keycaps.
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 04:00:19 »
Don't have any experience with those two sets, they look quite nice though!  Another option you might want to check out are EnjoyPBT sets, although they don't come in full white (they have beige modifiers). They're a little bit pricier but they're probably the nicest thick cherry profile PBT that's readily available to consumers. The legends are quite clean in person.

Offline srikzquest

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 14:39:04 »
Thanks for the response. Do you have any link for those EnjoyPBT Key Caps.

Offline shekki

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 14:50:02 »
They are the first link that pops up when you google EnjoyPBT, sold on aliexpress. Sending you a pm

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 15:00:45 »
KBDfans is real good. Get from them.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline srikzquest

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 19:48:27 »

Thanks for your input Puddsy, Have you used them or seen them by any chance?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 20:01:06 »

I haven't used them yet, I'm waiting for mine in the mail. However, they're just EPBT blanks, and I know EPBT is good.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline srikzquest

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 13:18:28 »

I haven't used them yet, I'm waiting for mine in the mail. However, they're just EPBT blanks, and I know EPBT is good.

Ok thanks Puddsy for your inputs. Will keep that in mind...

Offline happykey

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 13:31:59 »
CENTRAQ KEYCAP WAS GOOD TO ME,

GET THEM.

Offline srikzquest

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 20:20:27 »
CENTRAQ KEYCAP WAS GOOD TO ME,

GET THEM.

Thank you. Are the alignment issues fixed and did you face the sticky space bar or any other stabilized key issues?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 20:37:44 »
I got my KBDfans blanks in today finally. They're just as good as I expected, I say get them.

Offline srikzquest

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 11:47:58 »
I got my KBDfans blanks in today finally. They're just as good as I expected, I say get them.

Sorry Puddsy, though I touch type, I am not interested in Blank Key caps on my Keyboard except probably for custom programmed keys.

Also, from my research I realized that both the sites contain the keys from the same manufacturer. Only difference is Sentraq is selling One pure white set and separately One Gray set whereas KBDFans is selling only one set with a mix of White Alphas and Grey modifiers from the same sets as Sentraq. They are both designed by Master Control and manufactured by NPKC.