Author Topic: Being phat is coming under ATK amidst Korona  (Read 1901 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Being phat is coming under ATK amidst Korona
« on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 23:11:55 »

All these korona threads talkn' bout how Phat peeps are at significantly higher risk.

example, New Orleans death rate doubling NY, they're also much higher w/ obesity/diabetus/hypertension/etc <an imminent danger for the south/midwest states to come>

Doctors also blaming airway obstruction due to mechanical stress of the weight.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
Re: Being phat is coming under ATK amidst Korona
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 23:26:10 »
I mean, they were still at risk even before this outbreak

Offline Sniping

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 23:49:40 »
are americans getting fatter? maybe. i'd argue that a lot of runners and bikers are going out for exercise even more often than they used to. one of the restrictions they put in in my home county yesterday is that you can only be exercising within a 5 mile radius from your home, hasn't been strictly enforced yet. gyms are closed, and people are definitely living that sedentary lifestyle, but has much really changed here? seems like life as usual at least from an athletic perspective

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 23:56:50 »
gyms are closed, and people are definitely living that sedentary lifestyle, but has much really changed here? seems like life as usual at least from an athletic perspective

The trouble is,  given the current spread in the United States,  this may last 1 to 2 years.  with at least the second wave.   HOPEFULLY no 3rd wave.

Offline yui

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 03:07:13 »

The trouble is,  given the current spread in the United States,  this may last 1 to 2 years.  with at least the second wave.   HOPEFULLY no 3rd wave.

that long and we will have more suicide related to corona than death from corona, society will adapt 1st and masks will become far less taboo than they were in our western civilizations. that is my guess
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 03:09:31 »
gyms are closed, and people are definitely living that sedentary lifestyle, but has much really changed here? seems like life as usual at least from an athletic perspective

Your society will not last that long. It will be Mad Max landscape in less then a year.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 08:40:42 »

that long and we will have more suicide related to corona than death from corona, society will adapt 1st and masks will become far less taboo than they were in our western civilizations. that is my guess

The vaccine probably won't work, we've had 6% effective flu vaccines every year, so it's prolly useless.

Assuming covid19 becomes endemic, like HIV/AIDs is in Africa, as soon as someone turns age 55-60,  they'd have to be given a work from home job.   Otherwise, they'd be in peril.

We have currently 4 ongoing endemic strains of Coronaviruses,  Covid19 is likely to become the 5th.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 09:52:27 »
It'z crzy how many Phat-h8 people there are, and how they're all jumping on this.

If ya h8 Phat, ya h8 America. America is 80% phat peeps.

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 12:35:58 »
The thing I observed when I went to Florida on holiday in the mid 90's that seemed weird as a foreigner was there were lots of really fat people, and lots of fitness freaks/bodybuilders. I was like what happened to the regular people?

Now 25 years later I'm seeing much the same in Ireland.

My BMI is 26.5 so I'm overweight right now. Been eating healthy and trying to cut alcohol to bare minimum (3 beers on a Friday). I'm still mad busy working from home but I find myself exercising way more cos my family are yapping at me all day cos they've been cooped up too much so I can't sit down and watch a TV show till like 11pm.

There's a 2km exercise radius in force here but not much enforcement. That's enough space for me anyway there's a big park that's fairly empty within that range.