Author Topic: [GB] Modern M0110 custom keyboard  (Read 272126 times)

Offline dantambok

Re: [GB] Modern M0110 custom keyboard
« Reply #350 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 03:18:04 »
:thumb:

Here's a picture of a Crimson Red Cerakote keyboard for you guys. Sadly this one has to be repainted because the paint job was a bit too light on the right side and uneven (you can't see in this picture). Notice the machining marks on the inside. We feel good about getting them out on the other surfaces of the keyboard but there was pretty much no way to get them out on the inside of the bottom without ruining all definition (i.e., "sharpness" of the cuts). I think it looks kinda cool actually so you can get a feeling of the "raw" output of the manufacturing process.

oh damn is that mine?  :))

Yeah it is was but it doesn't pass QA, sorry dude  :-[ We will hopefully have it fixed soon though! It looks really great except for the right side's defect.

oh dang! Anyway, that's fine. I'd rather wait for the right one  :thumb:
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline pandemic123

« Reply #351 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 10:32:59 »
John acknowledged the return package, hopefully all good soon on this GB!
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 October 2019, 15:14:25 by pandemic123 »

Offline ibabo

• yeaaaaaaahh
« Reply #352 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 14:07:51 »
Any updates?
ahaaaa, keyboard. HOVA

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #353 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 14:22:38 »
Any updates?

Yep!

"Hey folks, mini update here! I just packed a few keyboards. I'm really happy because there were a few remaining things I needed in order to make sure each order was "shippable" and complete (having all the screws, hex wrenches, polybags so the keyboard doesn't smudge, etc) so I can actually pack them as they are ready from my vendors. This took me WAY longer than I expected because I was triple checking everything (specs and quantities) and had to order from a bunch of different vendors and check a bunch of different prices and options. Anyways...since this was discussed earlier:

The big remaining TODOs are:
- Running rest of engraving (it should only take 1-2 days but it's been taking really long to triple check every file to make sure the engravings including all the custom ones don't come out messed up). We think the "standard" engraving file is good to go as of earlier this week but we'll do another test engrave on aluminum to be 100% sure.
- Anodizing everything post-engraving (including non-engraved since anodizing has to be done in one big batch)
- Cerakote all the engraved boards (plus redo some nonengraved--unfortunately some of you who opted out of engraving have to keep waiting a bit longer since some of the colors came out uneven and are unacceptable)

I know that sounds like a lot, but trust me that the engraving and anodizing vendors work really really fast and are really professional (they are legit industrial companies with real corporate clients and work really efficiently from what I've seen so far). The bottleneck is unfortunately probably going to be on me. Each order without assembly service takes me at least 30 minutes and maybe closer to an hour to pack because I am polishing each brass plate and retapping each screw hole by hand, myself. It's really hard to find anyone in my area to do that kind of work at a high level of quality in such a small quantity at a price I can afford without losing more money on the GB. So it sounds kind of ridiculous but you're getting a lot of my own sweat in each keyboard (literally since it's been in the high 80s / 90s where my workshop is in LA lately) so there will be a slow burn of rolling this out to y'all.

Just a heads up to everyone too--I am going to confirm each order before I ship. This GB has taken a while and there's been a lot of back and forth with each of you, and I can't really afford to send out the wrong orders to people at this point!

Have a great rest of your weekend everyone and hope that was useful."

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #354 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 15:50:10 »
I've always received email updates from John, but I didn't get this last one.  Thanks for posting

Offline PhishyStix

« Reply #355 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 17:14:20 »
I've always received email updates from John, but I didn't get this last one.  Thanks for posting

That's because this wasn't an email update, its from John's post a month ago.

Offline ibabo

• yeaaaaaaahh
« Reply #356 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 20:16:46 »
Any updates?

Yep!

"Hey folks, mini update here! I just packed a few keyboards. I'm really happy because there were a few remaining things I needed in order to make sure each order was "shippable" and complete (having all the screws, hex wrenches, polybags so the keyboard doesn't smudge, etc) so I can actually pack them as they are ready from my vendors. This took me WAY longer than I expected because I was triple checking everything (specs and quantities) and had to order from a bunch of different vendors and check a bunch of different prices and options. Anyways...since this was discussed earlier:

The big remaining TODOs are:
- Running rest of engraving (it should only take 1-2 days but it's been taking really long to triple check every file to make sure the engravings including all the custom ones don't come out messed up). We think the "standard" engraving file is good to go as of earlier this week but we'll do another test engrave on aluminum to be 100% sure.
- Anodizing everything post-engraving (including non-engraved since anodizing has to be done in one big batch)
- Cerakote all the engraved boards (plus redo some nonengraved--unfortunately some of you who opted out of engraving have to keep waiting a bit longer since some of the colors came out uneven and are unacceptable)

I know that sounds like a lot, but trust me that the engraving and anodizing vendors work really really fast and are really professional (they are legit industrial companies with real corporate clients and work really efficiently from what I've seen so far). The bottleneck is unfortunately probably going to be on me. Each order without assembly service takes me at least 30 minutes and maybe closer to an hour to pack because I am polishing each brass plate and retapping each screw hole by hand, myself. It's really hard to find anyone in my area to do that kind of work at a high level of quality in such a small quantity at a price I can afford without losing more money on the GB. So it sounds kind of ridiculous but you're getting a lot of my own sweat in each keyboard (literally since it's been in the high 80s / 90s where my workshop is in LA lately) so there will be a slow burn of rolling this out to y'all.

Just a heads up to everyone too--I am going to confirm each order before I ship. This GB has taken a while and there's been a lot of back and forth with each of you, and I can't really afford to send out the wrong orders to people at this point!

Have a great rest of your weekend everyone and hope that was useful."
I see what you did there
ahaaaa, keyboard. HOVA

Offline nuclear_wizard

« Reply #357 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 09:45:21 »
I figure I'll give it one last try:

Looking to sell my silver ano spot.

Offline ilikerustoo

« Reply #358 on: Wed, 16 October 2019, 20:42:08 »
Really want that sand coloured m0110. Willing to buy.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #359 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 03:59:36 »
Looking to purchase someones kit, pm me.

« Reply #360 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 14:55:12 »

Did you reach out to nuclear_wizard?

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #361 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 14:58:31 »

Did you reach out to nuclear_wizard?
No not yet, just wanted to get that message out there quick.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #362 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 01:03:41 »
Hey folks, quick update. I picked up 12 light sand unengraved last week from the Cerakote vendor. Should be picking up another 10 or so mid next week. Also, doing 20 serial number engravings tomorrow morning.

Offline crowKAKAWWW

« Reply #363 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 14:45:00 »
It would be nice to know the progress of the gb so far in terms of numbers, are there some statistics you can share with us?

RAMA M60A
KBDFans Frosted Tofu
Cannon Keys Satisfaction 75
Desk Candy Modern M0110
---
ALF x Scott G60

Offline beekey

« Reply #364 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 00:50:46 »
How about the anodised ones?

Offline ibabo

• yeaaaaaaahh
« Reply #365 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 13:44:50 »
Any updates?
ahaaaa, keyboard. HOVA

Offline FRANCO

« Reply #366 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 10:08:19 »
Anyone have a Light Sand Cerakote spot they'd like to part with? =)

Offline USER9127

« Reply #367 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 09:58:31 »
Hey DeskCandy, as we get closer to the end, can we get just quick updates, like every week or so? Even if just a sentence or two, there is no need to post an epic. It would just be nice to have a quick update of current Step, next step, and current count complete.

I respect the amount of work that has gone into this GB, and the attention to detail put into even the most minor details. Its been a pretty impressive and harrowing process, and I think many lessons were learned in dealing with Onshore vs Offshore suppliers.

That being said, the process for keeping the stakeholders informed has been quite opaque, unfortunately. Even a quick post that says, "Hey all, no updates this week, still waiting to hear from X", or something like: "Quick update, Vendor has updated Estimated time of Pickup to Y" would give us some feedback and feel on how the project is progressing.

Feel free to let me know why this would be a bad idea, but in general I find transparency is key to keep milestones on track, and to keep everyone's enthusiasm up. I am very impressed with your attention to detail on the build process from your previous updates, I am just asking for micro updates in between the major ones (if it takes longer than 5 minutes to write, its too long  ;D)

Thanks man for your hard work. I am sure we are all looking forward to the next update.

Offline lukelex

« Reply #368 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 10:56:52 »
Hey DeskCandy, as we get closer to the end, can we get just quick updates, like every week or so? Even if just a sentence or two, there is no need to post an epic. It would just be nice to have a quick update of current Step, next step, and current count complete.

I respect the amount of work that has gone into this GB, and the attention to detail put into even the most minor details. Its been a pretty impressive and harrowing process, and I think many lessons were learned in dealing with Onshore vs Offshore suppliers.

That being said, the process for keeping the stakeholders informed has been quite opaque, unfortunately. Even a quick post that says, "Hey all, no updates this week, still waiting to hear from X", or something like: "Quick update, Vendor has updated Estimated time of Pickup to Y" would give us some feedback and feel on how the project is progressing.

Feel free to let me know why this would be a bad idea, but in general I find transparency is key to keep milestones on track, and to keep everyone's enthusiasm up. I am very impressed with your attention to detail on the build process from your previous updates, I am just asking for micro updates in between the major ones (if it takes longer than 5 minutes to write, its too long  ;D)

Thanks man for your hard work. I am sure we are all looking forward to the next update.
Seconded

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Perfex

« Reply #369 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 00:30:44 »

« Reply #370 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 15:32:36 »
Here is sort of an update:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4GeJmOAAEd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Wow. How profoundly disappointing after the renders promised this recessed/bossed type:

229607-0

Offline biothermal

• Art
« Reply #371 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 15:51:35 »
Here is sort of an update:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4GeJmOAAEd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Wow. How profoundly disappointing after the renders promised this recessed/bossed type:

(Attachment Link)

Ehhh I'd hold out on being disappointed by the engraving. To me that looks like a picture from the initial part of the process--they go over the design countless times and in the end it actually should look like the render you posted...

Offline ilikerustoo

« Reply #372 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 15:56:41 »
Any extras when all the shipping is done?

Offline schlep

« Reply #373 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 06:51:33 »
I would be happy if we can get our keyboard already. The wait has been a joke.

Offline crowKAKAWWW

« Reply #374 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 15:26:15 »
I would be happy to get my keyboard at all, I'm honestly pretty sketched out at this point
RAMA M60A
KBDFans Frosted Tofu
Desk Candy Modern M0110
---
ALF x Scott G60

Offline ibabo

• yeaaaaaaahh
« Reply #375 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 15:28:49 »
Yea, this is getting bothersome. Extremely bothersom
ahaaaa, keyboard. HOVA

Offline ilikerustoo

« Reply #376 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 15:42:10 »
Anyone selling their spot?

Offline dantambok

« Reply #377 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 02:38:20 »
I would be happy to get my keyboard at all, I'm honestly pretty sketched out at this point

I think we’ll receive them eventually. I mean, they just need to be finished. I believe.
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

100+ GMK sets

Offline Poesjuh

[GB] Modern M0110 custom keyboard
« Reply #378 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 05:06:07 »
I don’t know Heroy but do know Janglad and he’s for one not a scammer and two extremely disappointed with the delay and feels **** about it. I didn’t join but have full confidence that you will receive your boards, don’t ask me when though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 November 2019, 05:16:05 by Poesjuh »

Offline ibabo

• yeaaaaaaahh
« Reply #379 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 14:07:46 »
Its been more than a month, any updates?
ahaaaa, keyboard. HOVA

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #380 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 14:27:54 »
Ironically, this whole debacle is a demonstration of why "Made in USA" is not always a good thing.

The manufacturers in China know what they're doing because they do this day in and day out.

Offline crowKAKAWWW

« Reply #381 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 14:49:28 »
The wait would be more tolerable if there was some kind of commitment to communication. It doesn't feel great when your messages seemingly fall into a black hole :S
RAMA M60A
KBDFans Frosted Tofu
Desk Candy Modern M0110
---
ALF x Scott G60

Offline lukelex

« Reply #382 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 14:51:46 »
The wait would be more tolerable if there was some kind of commitment to communication. It doesn't feel great when your messages seemingly fall into a black hole :S
But but but it's an American made black hole

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #383 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 15:26:31 »
Ironically, this whole debacle is a demonstration of why "Made in USA" is not always a good thing.

The manufacturers in China know what they're doing because they do this day in and day out.

I mean, you're not wrong.  But China manufacturing has issues as well.  (as i wait here for over a year on my xeno board)

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #384 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 15:36:31 »

I mean, you're not wrong.  But China manufacturing has issues as well.  (as i wait here for over a year on my xeno board)

To be clear, I didn't mean every single manufacturer in China knows what they are doing.

Offline your_fish_monger

« Reply #385 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 18:21:14 »
I don’t know Heroy but do know Janglad and he’s for one not a scammer and two extremely disappointed with the delay and feels **** about it. I didn’t join but have full confidence that you will receive your boards, don’t ask me when though.

It sure would be nice to hear those things directly from the GB runners rather than word of mouth through other folks. The wait is one thing, but the complete lack of visibility into progress and accountability is a straight up embarrassment at this point. Without a doubt, I will never use or trust Desk Candy again. I'm not yet to the point of calling them scammers yet, but it's not too far away at this point.

Offline ibabo

• yeaaaaaaahh
« Reply #386 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 15:37:09 »
Any updates?
ahaaaa, keyboard. HOVA

Offline crowKAKAWWW

« Reply #387 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 13:45:24 »
Who's BOX browns do I have to lube to get an update around here?
RAMA M60A
KBDFans Frosted Tofu
Desk Candy Modern M0110
---
ALF x Scott G60

Offline lukelex

« Reply #388 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 13:51:13 »
God's. Apparently

Offline broden

« Reply #389 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 14:00:03 »
Sounds more worth getting on your knees for. I am in.

Offline crowKAKAWWW

« Reply #390 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 14:09:22 »
God's. Apparently

I'll use the extra thick Christ-o lube mcg
RAMA M60A
KBDFans Frosted Tofu
Desk Candy Modern M0110
---
ALF x Scott G60

Offline ibabo

• yeaaaaaaahh
« Reply #391 on: Fri, 29 November 2019, 20:18:40 »
This is beyond ridiculous, how many have actually shipped. I feel like everyone's in the dark
Im going to start bumping this thread every day, every few hours if i have to
ahaaaa, keyboard. HOVA

Offline dantambok

« Reply #392 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 01:42:40 »
This is beyond ridiculous, how many have actually shipped. I feel like everyone's in the dark
Im going to start bumping this thread every day, every few hours if i have to

haha that's the spirit!
Stuff  I have
More

100+ GMK sets

Offline zxcvbn

« Reply #393 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 08:17:25 »
While waiting on my light sand Cerakote I have since had gotten married, had a baby, and moved. Looking forward to an email confirming my new shipping address.

Offline Dumblescore

« Reply #394 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 11:37:12 »
While waiting on my light sand Cerakote I have since had gotten married, had a baby, and moved. Looking forward to an email confirming my new shipping address.
Aw congratulations! 

Offline ibabo

• yeaaaaaaahh
« Reply #395 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 18:42:52 »
Bump
ahaaaa, keyboard. HOVA

Offline crowKAKAWWW

« Reply #396 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 12:22:44 »
@deskcandy

We'd be really happy to hear from you, even a status update letting us know that not much has happened would be great. We just want to know you're around.
RAMA M60A
KBDFans Frosted Tofu
Desk Candy Modern M0110
---
ALF x Scott G60

Offline dantambok

« Reply #397 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 19:10:49 »
last active: 18 October 2019

:-[
Stuff  I have
More

100+ GMK sets

Offline ibabo

• yeaaaaaaahh
« Reply #398 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 15:06:55 »
Were approaching two months
ahaaaa, keyboard. HOVA

Offline biothermal

• Art
« Reply #399 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 15:17:22 »
Website says: "Desk Candy is on vacation! Orders placed now will ship after Friday, December 6th"

Hopefully that means there's an update to come sometime after Friday.