Author Topic: Noppoo Choc Mini Group Buy  (Read 48426 times)

Offline .XL

• http://www.paokfc.gr/
Noppoo Choc Mini Group Buy
« on: Wed, 30 March 2011, 21:18:34 »
Browns are spoken for...if I do not receive payment for some keyboards I will list them as available.

Prices for Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, and CONUS have SHIPPING INCLUDED. Prices for other countries DO NOT include shipping, and you will pay for shipping when the keyboard reaches me and I can get a FULL QUOTE of the shipping price.

Pricing subject to change. I am awaiting response of a final shipping cost (the more keyboards shipped: the cheaper the shipping per kb)

CONUS: $100
Canada/Alaska/Hawaii: $110
Everywhere else: $93 + shipping

Payment info:

Paypal: REMOVED
Pay the above listed prices, include your Geekhack name, YOUR address, and an email I can reach you at. I will email each of you my ghetto version of a receipt (just confirmation that I received payment and what the payment is for) and I'll update you at that email address as opposed to here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

DETAILS:

There are only TWELVE (12) MX Brown Choc Minis and FIVE (5) MX Blacks. Once they are gone, they are gone. Once all of the keyboards are spoken for and paid, the group buy ends unfortunately. If this works smoothly we might be able to do a second round for a PLU or something similar.

The following people expressed interest in my other thread, and so they have first dibs on keyboards. Since there are no MX Blues available, I will allow those people first dibs on Blacks until MIDNIGHT, APRIL 1ST, and then whoever has not responded will be removed from the list.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Current standings:

Pineapples - (Brown x1)
Calavera - (Brown x1)
Parallaxis - (Brown x1)
spdx - (Brown x1, Black x1)
morphine - (Brown x1)
tdh - (Brown x1)
bassjones - (Brown x1)
Dr.Pants - (Brown x1)
dudebro - (Brown x1) [Canada]
Boerta - (Brown x1) [Norway]
vhaarr - (Brown x1) [Norway]
jat4 - (Brown x1) [Finland]

Must choose another switch (Black):
Muftobration - (Blue x1)
drgnfang - (Blue x1)

For those who are in Europe and interested in these boards, PLEASE affirm the fact that you realize you will have to pay $35-$45 for shipping to Europe. I don't want to take your money just to have you realize you can't quite afford shipping. IF European Geekhackers have any interest in a group buy through one of the European members, I'd be happy to help set it up.

Those who have chosen Blues on the list and have not repicked by MIDNIGHT, April 1st (again EST) will be removed from the list.
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 April 2011, 13:12:37 by .XL »
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch-2 87key Browns - Realforce 103UB 55g - Compaq MX11800 (ghetto clears + doubleshots)

Offline jat4

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 30 March 2011, 21:59:57 »
Quote from: .XL;321719
For those who are in Europe and interested in these boards, PLEASE affirm the fact that you realize you will have to pay $35-$45 for shipping to Europe. I don't want to take your money just to have you realize you can't quite afford shipping.

Just to be clear: I'm fine with this.

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 04:29:57 »
Quote from: .XL;321719
Everywhere else: $93 + shipping

While these shipping costs might be a new thing for you, Europeans who signed up for the group buy already know how high shipping costs are. It comes as no surprise to us, and we were already aware when we voiced our interest in the first thread ;)

In other words, it's fine by me.
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline n12

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 04:39:08 »
Sorry, I am only interested in blues. Thanks for trying though!

Offline .XL

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 10:39:20 »
Quote from: vhaarr;321869
While these shipping costs might be a new thing for you, Europeans who signed up for the group buy already know how high shipping costs are. It comes as no surprise to us, and we were already aware when we voiced our interest in the first thread ;)

In other words, it's fine by me.

I just wanted to double check :p

Quote from: n12;321870
Sorry, I am only interested in blues. Thanks for trying though!

No problem!
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch-2 87key Browns - Realforce 103UB 55g - Compaq MX11800 (ghetto clears + doubleshots)

Offline Art of Payce

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 11:30:47 »
Hi .XL,

I'm new to the forums and mechanical keyboards in general but I'd like to buy the MX brown version. Since I've never participated in a group buy before, I'm somewhat concerned about the protocol. Can you clarify the buying process? Do you know that your supplier is reliable? Have you dealt with him before? Thanks, just wondering...

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 11:55:24 »
Quote from: Art of Payce;322016
Hi .XL,

I'm new to the forums and mechanical keyboards in general but I'd like to buy the MX brown version. Since I've never participated in a group buy before, I'm somewhat concerned about the protocol. Can you clarify the buying process? Do you know that your supplier is reliable? Have you dealt with him before? Thanks, just wondering...

welcome, supplier is aminglau and he is very reliable
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline Boerta

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 15:19:07 »
I want a brown switch one, sent to Norway, and I'm fine with all the shipping stuff.
(Shut up and take my money! :P)

Note, I'll be away until Sunday evening, local time, and probably won't be able to pay you until then at the earliest (Monday more realistic)

Offline .XL

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 16:46:56 »
Quote from: noodles256;322038
welcome, supplier is aminglau and he is very reliable

This^^

Quote from: Boerta;322159
I want a brown switch one, sent to Norway, and I'm fine with all the shipping stuff.
(Shut up and take my money! :P)

Note, I'll be away until Sunday evening, local time, and probably won't be able to pay you until then at the earliest (Monday more realistic)

okay, I'll put you on the list

Offline .XL

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 16:49:53 »
Quote from: Art of Payce;322016
Hi .XL,

Sorry for the double post, I figured it was better as a separate post:

It's pretty simple: I put your name on the list, you pay me, when I get the keyboard I will send it your way. We're doing it was a group buy because we get the keybords cheaper (from the manufacturer and shipping) this way.

Offline Boerta

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 16:55:30 »
Incidentally, if vhaarr lives somewhere near me (oslo area) it might be easier/cheaper to send us one package, and then we can sort things out between us.

Offline .XL

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 17:16:43 »
Quote from: Boerta;322261
Incidentally, if vhaarr lives somewhere near me (oslo area) it might be easier/cheaper to send us one package, and then we can sort things out between us.

It will probably save you guys at least $10 each so if vhaarr is okay with it that's what I'll do!

Offline Art of Payce

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 17:41:18 »
Thanks for your responses noodles and XL.

.XL, any delivery estimate to Texas? Do you think a month is the usual length of the entire process?

Offline .XL

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 18:12:42 »
Quote from: Art of Payce;322293
Thanks for your responses noodles and XL.

.XL, any delivery estimate to Texas? Do you think a month is the usual length of the entire process?

I'm hoping we'll hit 15 keyboards in a week so I can get them shipped from Hong Kong on the 11th of April. ETA to my house from HK will be given when the keyboards are shipped, and I will ship with the cheapest shipping method from USPS to keep the price low. The whole thing should take about 6 weeks at the longest.

Offline bassjones

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 19:14:24 »
I'll take a brown.

So, what's the typical procedure when paying through Paypal?  Mark it as a purchase or a gift?  If it's a purchase, should I use a fee calculator to take into account what Paypal is going to charge?  Or, is this fee already included in the quoted price?

Offline .XL

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 19:19:11 »
Quote from: bassjones;322362
I'll take a brown.

So, what's the typical procedure when paying through Paypal?  Mark it as a purchase or a gift?  If it's a purchase, should I use a fee calculator to take into account what Paypal is going to charge?  Or, is this fee already included in the quoted price?

Fee is not included. Mark it as a gift please! And include everything I mentioned above in the comments.

Offline dudebro

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 20:40:44 »
Was lurking for awhile, wasn't sure if I wanted to get a brown.

But the hell with it, here I am. Brown please. I'm in Canada.

Thanks for setting this up btw.

Offline .XL

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 20:47:59 »
Quote from: dudebro;322420
Was lurking for awhile, wasn't sure if I wanted to get a brown.

But the hell with it, here I am. Brown please. I'm in Canada.

Thanks for setting this up btw.

Ain't no thang. This thread seems to be bringing out quite a few lurkers :p

I'll put you on the list.

Browns are almost out!

Offline spdx

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 22:01:16 »
Payment sent. Thanks

Offline Parallaxis

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 22:12:35 »
payment sent, thanks for putting this together

Offline stupefaction

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 22:25:55 »
Does the $100 include shipping to my house?
Waiting for something better than my SIIG USB Mini Multimedia. Can\'t imagine anything better than the Logitech Marble Mouse. Avatar derived from the original image by Thomas Shahan under the CC-BY-2.0 license.

Offline .XL

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 22:26:52 »
Quote from: Parallaxis;322480
payment sent, thanks for putting this together

I've received 3 payments, 2 without names. Can you pm your name please? I need to associate the GH name with your actual name.

Offline .XL

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 22:28:00 »
Quote from: stupefaction;322488
Does the $100 include shipping to my house?

If you live in the US, and if there is no unforeseen penalty imposed upon us by the Hong Kong Speedpost guys for not meeting the necessary 15 keyboards.

Offline stupefaction

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 22:41:52 »
Why wouldn't you have fifteen keyboards in the shipment? I thought nearly all were spoken for already. Exactly how many browns do you have left?
Waiting for something better than my SIIG USB Mini Multimedia. Can\'t imagine anything better than the Logitech Marble Mouse. Avatar derived from the original image by Thomas Shahan under the CC-BY-2.0 license.

Offline calavera

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 22:48:19 »
About to send payment, but will you have to order them after you've received ALL payments? I'd like to know the ETA on these keyboards.

Offline .XL

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 22:55:42 »
Quote from: stupefaction;322496
Why wouldn't you have fifteen keyboards in the shipment? I thought nearly all were spoken for already. Exactly how many browns do you have left?

1 Brown, 4 Blacks. The original shipping estimate was $13 per keyboard @ 15 keyboards.

@Calavera - the ETA would probably be around end of April, but I'll say 6 weeks just in case. I'll be able to give you guys a better timeframe once the keyboards are shipped from Hong Kong.

Offline Dr.Pants

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 23:33:48 »
I'll grab the last brown.

Yeah I've been lurking for a while.

E: Payment sent, you have an email with my username on it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 March 2011, 23:39:20 by Dr.Pants »

Offline pineapples

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 01 April 2011, 02:29:23 »
Payment sent.  Username, email, everything included with the payment.  Thanks!

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 01 April 2011, 04:37:18 »
Quote from: Boerta;322261

Nah, I live in Kristiansand :)

Are we supposed to pay already?! oO
I am at work at the moment but will get right on it when I get home. So what was the total then for international shipping - $145?

Offline jat4

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 01 April 2011, 04:54:50 »
Quote from: vhaarr;322588
Are we supposed to pay already?! oO
I am at work at the moment but will get right on it when I get home. So what was the total then for international shipping - $145?

He doesn't know the exact amount yet, so you're only supposed to pay $93 now and the shipping costs later.

Offline jat4

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 01 April 2011, 04:58:33 »
Paid my keyboard today. \:D/

Now the waiting game begins..

Offline .XL

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 01 April 2011, 18:39:50 »
I've received payment for 8 of the keyboards, and I am awaiting 5 more member's payments. I have sent an email to 'aming' to see if it is okay to ship only 13 keyboards, or if we will need to sell 2 more Blacks so shipping doesn't rise.

If he gives the greenlight, all I am waiting for is the other 5 members and I will send the order and money to Hong Kong. He's quite quick with shipping, so if the other 5 members stop in and send payments this will move much faster than planned :)

Offline calavera

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 01 April 2011, 19:10:45 »
just made payment. I didn't get any email though.

Offline .XL

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 01 April 2011, 20:49:43 »
Quote from: calavera;323058
just made payment. I didn't get any email though.

I'm not automated like 7bit :p I've been real busy with my new job, but I'll have time to send out confirmation emails to everyone I've received payments from tomorrow.

In these emails, I will include your order, payment, your address, and your name. For those of you in foreign countries, PLEASE correct the format of the address if I've messed it up. If everything is okay just simply send me a reply saying 'Everything okay'

Offline dirtyb

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 03 April 2011, 02:30:32 »
Still possible to get a brown or only blacks?

Offline Art of Payce

« Reply #35 on: Sun, 03 April 2011, 04:02:22 »
Sorry .XL,
Please remove me from the group because I jumped on the one Orphagn just put up. Thanks for your time and good luck with the purchase.

Offline .XL

« Reply #36 on: Sun, 03 April 2011, 09:29:16 »
Quote from: dirtyb;323620
Still possible to get a brown or only blacks?

A brown just opened up :p

Art of Payce out, you in.

Gentlemen, I am awaiting payment from 3 more members. Once they have paid we can order these keyboards. I will send them a pm and remind them;  hopefully they remember they're part of the group buy...

Offline .XL

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 03 April 2011, 10:11:14 »
Awesome, only 2 payments left and I can place the order!

Offline .XL

« Reply #38 on: Sun, 03 April 2011, 16:43:33 »
I have had inquiries into buying the last two Brown Choc Minis. Since two members have not paid yet (and I don't want to hold up the buy for people) I will give those two until tomorrow afternoon at 6PM EST (10p GMT) to pay. IF either of those members HAS NOT paid by then, I will remove them from the group buy and give the Brown to another member who is willing to pay. There's not reason to hold up the group buy for the other 10 people.

Offline Boerta

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 03 April 2011, 17:31:50 »
Just got back home.

I sent you my payment now :)

Offline .XL

« Reply #40 on: Sun, 03 April 2011, 17:33:53 »
Quote from: Boerta;323946
Just got back home.

I sent you my payment now :)

Superb! Only looking for one more now :) As soon as his payment comes through the keyboards will be ordered. I will post here with an update of when the keyboards have been shipped!

Offline .XL

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 03 April 2011, 21:05:50 »
All confirmation emails have been sent out. Double check them to make sure EVERYTHING is correct (especially those in Europe) so no packages get misplaced or sent back to me!

Still waiting on one more. He has said he will pay tonight/tomorrow.

I have let my partner in Hong Kong know that we are ready, and I will update this thread when he ships the keyboards.

Offline .XL

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 05 April 2011, 07:59:30 »
I have received 100% payment and the order has been sent to my partner in Hong Kong! I will update you all when I get more information!

Offline spdx

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 05 April 2011, 09:33:50 »
Wonderful. Can't wait :)

Offline .XL

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 21:49:52 »
Bad new and good new folks!

Bad news first: At the moment, with estimated shipping to non-EU members, it looks like I may be down $11. However, I won't know if I've been charged by Customs so I *may* have to ask those members not in the EU to throw a few more dollars at me.

Right now it seems the culprits are the Canadians...their shipping ended up being estimated at $116. However, the fault of this is not in the Canadians, it is that we did not order enough keyboards! If we could have sold 2 more blacks, the price of shipping (per keyboard) from HK would be a few dollars lower per keyboard. That "wiggle room" I mentioned is looking awful tight...$0.83 for the US orders, to be exact.

This won't be an issue unless the Noppoo ends up being like 4.5lbs, which I doubt. If the final price (and I mean after I've paid for all US and Canada shipments) means I'm out some money, I will ask for a small donation. Nothing ridic, just enough to cover the extra. I will tell you the difference I'm looking to recover and then let you know when the donations hit the mark.

Now for the good news...

I have paid half of the price for the keyboards, and they will be (hopefully) shipping on Friday. If they do, depending on manner of shipment, I will receive them between Thursday, 14th of April and Friday, 22nd of April. From then I will have to wait to ship them as I am having them sent to my house (don't want to risk them being left outside my apartment while I'm in class or at work) and I'm not at home til Friday afternoon.

I will update you on the actual date of shipment, and let you know when I can expect to receive the keyboards!

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 07 April 2011, 02:23:48 »
Sounds good, and thank you for all your hard work so far :)

Offline speakeasy

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 07 April 2011, 07:06:18 »
My Noppoo including packaging materials weighed 1.3kg. So estimate around there.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PiaNoppoo Choc Mini 茶轴

PUNCH THE KEYS FOR GOD\'S SAKE!

Offline .XL

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 07 April 2011, 09:12:26 »
Quote from: vhaarr;326026
Sounds good, and thank you for all your hard work so far :)

No problem :)

Quote from: speakeasy;326074
My Noppoo including packaging materials weighed 1.3kg. So estimate around there.

Thanks for this! Could you give me the exact box measurements? I used the keyboard size and used a best guess to figure out the dimensions I used to estimate.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 07 April 2011, 17:38:56 »
Quote from: .XL;326110
Could you give me the exact box measurements?

W 6 7/8 in.
L  13 3/4 in.
H  2 in.

Hope that helps.
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline .XL

« Reply #49 on: Sat, 09 April 2011, 16:50:25 »
Quote from: reaper~;326357
W 6 7/8 in.
L  13 3/4 in.
H  2 in.

Hope that helps.

Damn...it does help. Looks like it increases the price of the shipping by a couple bucks. I had assumed it was 13-7-2, and a box at 13.5'' is ~$1.50 cheaper for some damn reason. Sigh!

I won't know for sure, so I will send them all and then pray some people are nice enough to throw me a few extra bucks...