Author Topic: Vote for Trump  (Read 166492 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Vote for Trump
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 11:56:08 »
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 13:31:38 »
Maybe many think that Trump's harsh words are mostly hot air. Don't be fooled by that. He is a total a-hole not just in words but in action as well.

Here is a documentary from 2011 about how he bulldozered and bullied locals in Scotland when he was building a luxury golf course there.  It's a long documentary.
Today, five years later, locals have still not got their running water restored after Trumps' workers had cut it off.

Trump had got special permission to destroy the protected coastline for his golf course because he had promised 6000 jobs. The result became 95 part-time low-pay jobs.

After this there was a petition to the parliament in the UK to ban Trump from entry into the country. That petition gained far over half a million signatures - more signatures than any petition to the parliament before, but the government turned it down only because they did not find it legal to act in individual cases.

If you Americans elect him, then he will lie for you and destroy things for you as well and then try to excuse it by trashtalking you, just like he did in Aberdeenshire.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 November 2016, 15:06:02 by Findecanor »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 13:42:41 »
Maybe many think that Trump's harsh words are mostly hot air. Don't be fooled by that. He is a total a-hole in action as well.

Here is a documentary from 2011 about how he bulldozered and bullied locals in Scotland when he was building a luxury golf course there. It's a long documentary.
Today, five years later, they have still not got their running water restored.

After this there was a petition to the parliament in the UK to ban Trump from entry into the country. That petition gained far over half a million signatures - more signatures than any petition to the parliament before, but the government turned it down only because they did not find it legal to act in individual cases.

Trump will make America Great again...

Bullying is what America is best at.. ..  and one fails to see why you guys are so upset about us winning.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 14:24:07 »
Trump seems to be that he is not Clinton and we would be worse off under Clinton.

good enough.  also, she cannot be trusted

You trust Trump?  Other than to do what's best for Trump?

Conversely, you trust Hillary?  Yes I trust him.  Hillary I trust 0%  I would call her a name, but that's more a liberal strategy.

Just like the elections, people don't see the depth of choices they have.

Just because I ask do you trust Trump, the corollary isn't that I trust Hillary.

I don't trust either of them, and you shouldn't either.

But if you do trust Trump, then this should scare you:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/what-does-donald-trump-really-think-about-using-nuclear-weapons-n655536

https://thinkprogress.org/9-terrifying-things-donald-trump-has-publicly-said-about-nuclear-weapons-99f6290bc32a#.kws5iaz1v

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 14:44:30 »
one fails to see why you guys are so upset about us winning.
*sigh*

That reminds me of discussions of the Iraq war back in the early naughties. USA and a couple of naive allies were invading Iraq to snatch their oil and install a puppet government. In one discussion we managed to persuade an American what it was really about, that it was a criminal act, not related to 9/11 at all and planned a long time ago.
But even though he recognized the US aggression as criminal, against International law, he still persisted to defend his government's wrongful actions with: "To the victors go the spoils".

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 15:13:01 »

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 16:13:55 »
one fails to see why you guys are so upset about us winning.
*sigh*

That reminds me of discussions of the Iraq war back in the early naughties. USA and a couple of naive allies were invading Iraq to snatch their oil and install a puppet government. In one discussion we managed to persuade an American what it was really about, that it was a criminal act, not related to 9/11 at all and planned a long time ago.
But even though he recognized the US aggression as criminal, against International law, he still persisted to defend his government's wrongful actions with: "To the victors go the spoils".

Overall, the tenor of this is correct; there's a large element of the US population that thinks our might is always right. However, while the Iraq invasion was conducted poorly, there were valid reasons. At the time of 9/11 we had to make extra nice with Saudi Arabia because we maintained multiple bases there. We are finding out now that US officials knew at that time the Saudi government was complicit, but didn't want to go there publically (*this* was likely oil related, not Iraq...). So the public line was WMD and such, but we really, really had to get out of Saudi Arabia. If the USS Cole didn't prove it, and the khobar tower bombing didn't prove it, then the 9/11 attacks did.

So if we (and the coalition at PSAB included France and the UK, which were not naive here) had to leave, why not just go? Well, we had to enforce the no-fly zone from the first gulf war in the 90s. Had to stay as long as Saddam Hussein was in power. So why did we protect Kuwait? Then why did we install Hussein in Iraq, so why did we mess with the leadership of Iran....?

The point being is that the US has backed ourselves into some really bad situations with some overreach of power and rash decision making. I would point to how Obama isn't going all out in Syria as an example of enlightened restraint. I don't imagine enlightened restraint is even in trump's vocabulary...

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 16:22:31 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:44:49 by alienman82 »

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 16:48:19 »
However, while the Iraq invasion was conducted poorly, there were valid reasons.
Ends and means... Maybe it was one of several bugs to kill with one stone but I doubt that was the biggest reason.
Most Americans are not aware of PNAC and if they did they would be outraged. Iraq and Afghanistan were supposed to be springboards for invasions of Iran and Syria.
The no-fly zone could probably have been upheld from Turkey and Kuwait.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 17:17:34 »
Maybe many think that Trump's harsh words are mostly hot air. Don't be fooled by that. He is a total a-hole not just in words but in action as well.

Here is a documentary from 2011 about how he bulldozered and bullied locals in Scotland when he was building a luxury golf course there.  It's a long documentary.
Today, five years later, locals have still not got their running water restored after Trumps' workers had cut it off.

Trump had got special permission to destroy the protected coastline for his golf course because he had promised 6000 jobs. The result became 95 part-time low-pay jobs.

If you Americans elect him, then he will lie for you and destroy things for you as well and then try to excuse it by trashtalking you, just like he did in Aberdeenshire.

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 20:06:29 »
However, while the Iraq invasion was conducted poorly, there were valid reasons.
Ends and means... Maybe it was one of several bugs to kill with one stone but I doubt that was the biggest reason.
Most Americans are not aware of PNAC and if they did they would be outraged. Iraq and Afghanistan were supposed to be springboards for invasions of Iran and Syria.
The no-fly zone could probably have been upheld from Turkey and Kuwait.

Aware of PNAC, not outraged. There's a "think tank" for everything, they write lots of fancy open letters,  and their influence is largely overstated (in concurrence with professor abelson). My comment was not to completely excuse the actions of the US, but only to state that even bad decisions are often more complex than "mah oil",  "being winners" and so on.

The world is in a tenuous position right now. A proxy war amongs superpowers is teetering in the balance, and a nation in deep economic turmoil has invaded and annexed a peninsula of foreign territory. The historically inclined may recall the Spanish civil war and Japan's annexation of manchuria and what came after. It's no secret that the US is quietly setting up in Eastern Europe and the baltics ("exercises" mind you, not officially bases) . A little more secret (but still public) is how often contact is being made in the air and at sea as various nations test the boarders and the force available.

Above the question was asked "what could possibly happen?" and the answer is actually pretty dire. It's substantially more serious than many consider.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 20:39:40 »

Most Americans are not aware of PNAC and if they did they would be outraged.

Bush Jr/Cheney/Wolfowitz/Rumsfeld and all of those cronies were limp twits who bought their ways out of going to 'Nam, and felt compelled to relive it since it was such a wonderful experience before. And because this time it looked like there was an actual prize to be won.

You could argue that Bill Clinton weaseled his way out, but Al Gore went, and John Kerry too.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 20:47:39 »
Trump seems to be that he is not Clinton and we would be worse off under Clinton.

Conversely, you trust Hillary?  Yes I trust him.  Hillary I trust 0%  I would call her a name, but that's more a liberal strategy.
Wait, it's a liberal strategy to call names?

Have you ever listened to Donald Trump, ever?

Lyin' ted, Little Marco, CROOKED HILLARY.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 20:56:38 »
I just want this election to be over with, depending on the outcome I can continue living my life as normal or I start digging the fallout shelter in the backyard.

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 21:03:25 »

But Lyin' Ted and Lil' Marco are kinda cute! Crooked Hillary isn't really a fun one though.
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 21:30:31 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:44:36 by alienman82 »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 21:32:11 »
I just want this election to be over with, depending on the outcome I can continue living my life as normal or I start digging the fallout shelter in the backyard.

Amen to that

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 21:37:45 »
he has reasons.  calling trump racist is like wtf.  his wife is foreign...

A white slav. If she was black, Hispanic, Asian, Indian, etc, you would have a point, but slavs are notoriously white and xenophobic of non-white people.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 21:44:53 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:44:34 by alienman82 »

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 21:49:28 »

Amen to that

Regardless of the result, it wouldn't be a bad idea to dig a fallout shelter. Maybe us three can share it.
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 22:00:49 »

This is the greatest troll post I have ever read.
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 22:04:36 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:44:32 by alienman82 »

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 05:23:47 »
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 05:51:24 »
The real sad thing here is that you lot are going to put into power a woman who consistently lies about doing stuff, then denies she is responsible for ever doing it  ::) .

Nice to see that for some people we are held under a microscope but she walks away smiling and untouched from what she committed under Obama's watch.  Remember that if you think that is fine for any future President to operate in that manner then don't come crying later when she starts something serious and the bodies start being shipped in body bags.

Just remember she will be there still denying any responsibility because it's in her DNA to constantly lie and dodge all questions asked, just see past behaviour as reference.  As the Police always know, that it's a tendency of all sociopaths to always deny their culpability when caught.

Maybe that is the type of person you want to lead you into a 3rd WW but having someone totally out of touch with reality and it's consequences, will ultimately bring serious harm.

You poor Americans are stuck with voting for either a true Sociopath or a Misogynist, God help us ALL.

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 06:11:53 »
Thank you for appreciating the dilemma we face.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 06:16:18 »
Is it bad when your employer basically says expect to be laid off depending on who wins the election? Or even regardless of who wins just to make a political statement.

They should at least give us a paid day off to go vote :eek:

Regardless of the candidate this election is the most disturbing I can remember.

Offline ygor

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 06:17:35 »
2016 has been the worst.
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 07:36:01 »

You keep saying that word, racist.  I don't think it means what you think it means.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 07:54:44 »
Bunker? I'm game. But I'm not going to buy anyone alcohol. BYOB. >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 07:56:05 »
Hillary really wants to be president..

Thats why she would be a bad president, because she wants to Be President more so than doing the things presidents do.

TRUMP,  on the otherhand.. hell his life is AWESOME from the standpoint of just living wealthy with nearly no responsibilities.

That is the type of person who can't be swayed by political pressure,  because his answer to every squeeze is FFF off.. Don't care..

Trump will make a significantly better president simply because he has nothing to lose OR gain by becoming president..

Offline ygor

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 08:43:30 »

Thats why she would be a bad president, because she wants to Be President more so than doing the things presidents do.

TRUMP,  on the otherhand.. hell his life is AWESOME from the standpoint of just living wealthy with nearly no responsibilities.

That is the type of person who can't be swayed by political pressure,  because his answer to every squeeze is FFF off.. Don't care..

Trump will make a significantly better president simply because he has nothing to lose OR gain by becoming president..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 09:18:19 »

He can continue to run his business but wouldn't his personal spending be dedicated to a presidential salary/expense account for the sake of national security? That might be a humbling experience for someone like Mr. Trump.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 09:21:47 »

Video

Hahahahahahahhaha...

Essentially,  when you have all the things that you could possibly have,  despite likely becoming numb to the plight of those with less,   at the very least,  such state imparts a sense objectivity..

That is to say,  the rich man is more LIKELY to make an objective decision, because he is not swayed by time-pressed emotions..

I think this is probably difficult for much of the working class to understand..

When you are hungry,  you see a very narrow picture, because you need to eat...

When you are full, only then can you see outside of oneself..

Now, the job of president,     Hillary is not hungry for food,  but she is hungry for power and Title..   And because of that, she can be bought, she can be manipulated, and she can be pressured..

Trump is not the same,   in that he's just a Good-For-Nothing Rich guy ,  who's having a laugh at being alive..    This is the better choice for president by far..

I hope this explains the previous post ...

Offline nugglets

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 09:27:52 »

Video

Hahahahahahahhaha...

Essentially,  when you have all the things that you could possibly have,  despite likely becoming numb to the plight of those with less,   at the very least,  such state imparts a sense objectivity..

That is to say,  the rich man is more LIKELY to make an objective decision, because he is not swayed by time-pressed emotions..

I think this is probably difficult for much of the working class to understand..

When you are hungry,  you see a very narrow picture, because you need to eat...

When you are full, only then can you see outside of oneself..

Now, the job of president,     Hillary is not hungry for food,  but she is hungry for power and Title..   And because of that, she can be bought, she can be manipulated, and she can be pressured..

Trump is not the same,   in that he's just a Good-For-Nothing Rich guy ,  who's having a laugh at being alive..    This is the better choice for president by far..

I hope this explains the previous post ...

tp4 just talked about Trump's "objectivity" while implying he isn't swayed by his emotions.

At this point it's pretty fair to say he has watched literally nothing the man has done or said for the past... forever.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 09:33:44 »

tp4 just talked about Trump's "objectivity" while implying he isn't swayed by his emotions.

At this point it's pretty fair to say he has watched literally nothing the man has done or said for the past... forever.

Hhahahahaha..

What a person says or have done or even personally believe,    has LITTLE to do with being a Functional president..

Again..  the President's job, is to decide between  sets of Researched and Vetted  OPTIONS..

He does NOT AT ALL have the time to come up with or even Understand any of the minute details of the paperwork in front of him..

When Trump gets to be president,  the only part of him that works for america is his Objective decision making..

He's not going to insert,, --free fried chicken--  into the end of any state document..   hahahaha

/// Though Tp4 would personally enjoy such a generous act of true-presidential-ness

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 09:41:56 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:44:01 by alienman82 »

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 10:43:17 »
“Trump has shown that our message is healthy, normal and organic — and millions of Americans agree with us,” said Matthew M. Heimbach, a co-founder of the Traditionalist Youth Network, a white nationalist group that claims to support the interests of working-class whites. It also advocates the separation of the races.

And

But Mr. Heimbach added that he and other white nationalists were grateful to Mr. Trump for championing ideas they support.

Source: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/07/us/politics/donald-trump-extremist-supporters.html

Not racist, just "dedicated to the preservation of European heritage and identity" amirite? 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 10:48:33 »
“Trump has shown that our message is healthy, normal and organic — and millions of Americans agree with us,” said Matthew M. Heimbach, a co-founder of the Traditionalist Youth Network, a white nationalist group that claims to support the interests of working-class whites. It also advocates the separation of the races.

And

But Mr. Heimbach added that he and other white nationalists were grateful to Mr. Trump for championing ideas they support.

Source: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/07/us/politics/donald-trump-extremist-supporters.html

Not racist, just "dedicated to the preservation of European heritage and identity" amirite? 

And yet Hillary is allowed to hate Jews..

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 11:05:37 »

You keep saying that word, racist.  I don't think it means what you think it means.

I said it one time, the other side will say it forever.  I know how to use a dictionary.

So a white man, marrying a white woman has the proof of not being racist against other races?  Hmmm...

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 11:22:24 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:43:48 by alienman82 »

Offline nugglets

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 11:47:43 »

I said it one time, the other side will say it forever.  I know how to use a dictionary.

So a white man, marrying a white woman has the proof of not being racist against other races?  Hmmm...

so a married white woman to a cheating man has the right to talk about how he treats women?

Nothing quite like a straw man to deflect attention away from your weak argument =)

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 11:52:31 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:43:46 by alienman82 »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 12:09:04 »

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 12:22:32 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:43:43 by alienman82 »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 13:13:25 »
Show Image

Show Image

Get that backstroke! You got this! ♫ Nobody gonna slow me down, oh no ♫

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 14:10:33 »

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 14:38:34 »
so a married white woman to a cheating man has the right to talk about how he treats women?

In fact... yes.  The two don't equate.  Bill isn't running.  But as someone called you out... it's a straw man.

As I said, both sides suck.  Choose the dumpster fire that you want to try to warm your hands from.  But... yeah.  To say that line, and mean it...

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 15:46:30 »
My prediction:

I will not be at all surprised if Trump receives less than 50 million votes,
and I will be very surprised if he receives over 60 million votes.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 01:06:37 »
I think it's today right ?

Everyone ready to Vote Trump ?

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 01:26:08 »
152370-0