Author Topic: LightSaver V2 Group Buy  (Read 372148 times)

Offline ChitownM2

Re: LightSaver V2 Group Buy
« Reply #1200 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 20:59:23 »
first build... and going with a Duck Kustom? Ballsy.

Curious why you would say that? From what i understand the kit has everything I need except switches and caps. Other than practicing my soldering what would make this more difficult than anything else?

The only riski see is that the investment is rather high if I screw up thepcb, but I have soldered before and have a few switch testers I can practice on.

Offline hkf

• your #1 fan
« Reply #1201 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 21:22:26 »
Are Duck's group buys usually raffles? Sounds like the viper/eagle was only open for a short window, and I'm wondering what to expect for the LSv3 gb.

This is a board I've been eyeing for awhile, and I'm wondering if I should hold out on getting The Exent and pick this up instead....  :-X

Octagon v2 was open for 24 hours before it filled.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1202 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 01:13:01 »
Are Duck's group buys usually raffles? Sounds like the viper/eagle was only open for a short window, and I'm wondering what to expect for the LSv3 gb.

This is a board I've been eyeing for awhile, and I'm wondering if I should hold out on getting The Exent and pick this up instead....  :-X

The Viper/Eagle buy went like this (and subsequently pissed off a TON of people that were waiting for one of these):
28 November 2016, 22:48:09 -----> Group-buy thread approved and made public. 100 orders to be made available.
29 November 2016, 06:57:51  ----> He closed it down after 140 orders placed. I'm guessing those last 40 orders were deleted.

So yeah... months of anticipation and then it probably lasted about 5hrs in the middle of the night.  :rolleyes:

first build... and going with a Duck Kustom? Ballsy.

Curious why you would say that? From what i understand the kit has everything I need except switches and caps. Other than practicing my soldering what would make this more difficult than anything else?

The only riski see is that the investment is rather high if I screw up thepcb, but I have soldered before and have a few switch testers I can practice on.

The process of building a board is the same no matter what kit you get. I'm not trying to discourage you, i'm just saying that I personally chose to start with cheap and commonly sourced kits then work my way up to the more rare and expensive stuff.

My first board build came out pretty well. I was a little lucky, it was a good quality pcb, and i've also done a lot of soldering in the past for other stuff... and I'm meticulous. But i'm way better at it now. In fact i've gone back to this board and made some corrections to the work I did that are mostly just quality and cosmetic. I've seen some really terrible work done on some beautiful boards that are just expensive practice... this piece of **** comes to mind that someone destroyed (I cant find his old photos of the 2 PCB soldering disasters that were with it).
-Dana

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #1203 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 12:57:11 »
Thanks -musubi, hkf, and OfTheWild for the info. So based on past groupbuys, it sounds like "soon" could be anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks!
Are they always run from a GH GB page, or is there anywhere else this gets posted?

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #1204 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 14:03:53 »
Thanks -musubi, hkf, and OfTheWild for the info. So based on past groupbuys, it sounds like "soon" could be anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks!
Are they always run from a GH GB page, or is there anywhere else this gets posted?

If this is asking when the GB will start, Viper stuff hasn't even shipped yet and it would be un-Duck-like to start a new GB with the previous not at least being partially complete. So, 2 days to 2 weeks is an optimistic time frame for when the V3 group buy could start. At least, in my opinion.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #1205 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 14:59:06 »

If this is asking when the GB will start, Viper stuff hasn't even shipped yet and it would be un-Duck-like to start a new GB with the previous not at least being partially complete. So, 2 days to 2 weeks is an optimistic time frame for when the V3 group buy could start. At least, in my opinion.

I was just going off of the time between the announcements on his website that said "GB Soon" (or something similar) and when the groupbuy was posted here.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1206 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 15:46:16 »
I would be surprised if v3 gets posted before June to be honest. Doesn't mean you shouldn't keep an eye out.
-Dana

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1207 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 15:53:45 »
I would be surprised if v3 gets posted before June to be honest. Doesn't mean you shouldn't keep an eye out.
Apparently the Korean GB starts on the 20th.

Offline LDobler

« Reply #1208 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 16:21:14 »
Does anybody have a rough estimation of what the price will be? Thanks in advance!  :p

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #1209 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 17:10:51 »
Does anybody have a rough estimation of what the price will be? Thanks in advance!  :p

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sEiaiSNtVqJDiLe3ftPfPQ57qSWQvdj0HnzWTwoF1k8/pub?single=true&gid=2&output=html

Order status link from OP will show you what people paid last round.

Offline LDobler

« Reply #1210 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 17:19:09 »
Does anybody have a rough estimation of what the price will be? Thanks in advance! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sEiaiSNtVqJDiLe3ftPfPQ57qSWQvdj0HnzWTwoF1k8/pub?single=true&gid=2&output=html

Order status link from OP will show you what people paid last round.
I did see the OP but that GB was in August of 2014...
I hope it's about 300$ for the base config again but custom keyboards seem to get more expensive

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #1211 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 12:22:00 »
Apparently the Korean GB starts on the 20th.

Just curious where you read that? Do Duck's korean gb's run on kbdlab.co.kr?

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #1212 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 12:49:14 »

his blog says "GB soon Geekhack" so I would think that it would be before June since I don't consider June to be soon, but this will be my first duck GB so I have no experience with these things...

Offline kenshinjeff

« Reply #1213 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 20:11:48 »
Duck's korean GB is running on 20-27 this month.

http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_gb_do&document_srl=4153909 You need an account to see it tho.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #1214 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 02:14:10 »
Thank you!

Offline testplsignore

• I am one with the Cup Rubber...
« Reply #1215 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 06:24:52 »
Based on the previous Duck GBs, how long after the Korean one should we expect one on here?

Can't wait!  :p

Realforce 10AE 45g Type-S & 55g    HHKB BT & Type-S    Realforce RGB Hype-S    FC980C    FC660C    Filco BT TKL

Offline luumii

• A day in life without Keyboard SA
« Reply #1216 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 08:15:51 »
Seriously cant wait for another 96 key layout keyboard!!

Offline LDobler

« Reply #1217 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 04:32:55 »
Does anybody know if the LS3 will be Alps compatible?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Offline buzzking00

« Reply #1218 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 13:48:17 »
Update on Korean GB.

New post today 2-20-17. Cost is 389,400 Won which is ~340 USD. Deposits required by 2-27. Due to the withdraw limit of 5000000 WON on cards for him (max ~4364 USD), he will only be taking 10-15 orders for cards.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #1219 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 14:08:17 »
Update on Korean GB.

New post today 2-20-17. Cost is 389,400 Won which is ~340 USD. Deposits required by 2-27. Due to the withdraw limit of 5000000 WON on cards for him (max ~4364 USD), he will only be taking 10-15 orders for cards.

Does this mean that the international (US) GB will open soon? The cost is pretty good, IMO

« Reply #1220 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 14:59:12 »
Due to the withdraw limit of 5000000 WON on cards for him (max ~4364 USD), he will only be taking 10-15 orders for cards.

So does that mean he's taking 10-15 orders total for the Korean GB or are there other payment options?

Offline buzzking00

« Reply #1221 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 20:32:09 »
He is taking more than 15 orders. He is limiting orders using this specific method to 10-15 orders due to the withdraw limit of the seller using this payment method.

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #1222 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 00:53:12 »
Does anybody know if the LS3 will be Alps compatible?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

this +1

Offline LightofNite

« Reply #1223 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 04:26:02 »
Is it finally here? Is there a limited amount of units available? I've been checking everyday. Please don't sell out while I'm sleeping.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 February 2017, 04:48:39 by LightofNite »

Offline buzzking00

« Reply #1224 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 13:04:18 »
Is it finally here? Is there a limited amount of units available? I've been checking everyday. Please don't sell out while I'm sleeping.

Right now the GB is only in Korea

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #1225 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 13:52:05 »
Is there some place I should be looking for news on this group buy? I saw his blog but it has no mention of the Korean group buy starting. Seems like there is going to be limited quantities for this buy and I'm afraid I'm going to miss it.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #1226 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 14:06:49 »
Is there some place I should be looking for news on this group buy? I saw his blog but it has no mention of the Korean group buy starting. Seems like there is going to be limited quantities for this buy and I'm afraid I'm going to miss it.

Patience. Just keep checking this post, the viper/Eagle post, and the GB area in general. I really don't think we are that close to it starting. The first round of Vipers and eagles haven't even shipped yet.

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #1227 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 15:08:21 »

Patience. Just keep checking this post, the viper/Eagle post, and the GB area in general. I really don't think we are that close to it starting. The first round of Vipers and eagles haven't even shipped yet.

That's what I was expecting to hear, but exactly what I didn't want to hear. Check back here, viper post, his blog, and general GB area is 4 places to check every day (maybe twice a day) for something that may not even go live for a month or two. It is what it is though so I guess I just need to stay on top of it  ;D

Offline Azaicorp

« Reply #1228 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 03:18:31 »

That's what I was expecting to hear, but exactly what I didn't want to hear. Check back here, viper post, his blog, and general GB area is 4 places to check every day (maybe twice a day) for something that may not even go live for a month or two. It is what it is though so I guess I just need to stay on top of it  ;D

There's now an interest check thread for the Lightsaver V3 so it should sufficient to only check that thread now. What's more, elton said that he would announce a time and date in that thread for when the group buy will go live so there shouldn't be any reason to have to be paranoid and check multiple times everyday now :D

Now the only question is how many spots there will be and how fast they'll go since everyone will be aware of when it goes live. Here's the link for the thread:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87810.0

Offline tom.smykowski

« Reply #1229 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 10:07:13 »
excited!  I have an extra Octagon v2 that i now need to part with to make room for this. Anyone interested? PM me (Silver top and bottom - Reds already on)