Author Topic: [GB]GSUS (New Panda) Linear Switch (price reduced to $0.6)  (Read 172613 times)

Offline dario

• obsessive–compulsive hardware slut
Re: [GB]GSUS (New Panda) Linear Switch
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 18:21:25 »
To spice up things a bit more, go to 05:12:08

« Last Edit: Sun, 02 December 2018, 19:16:06 by dario »

Offline Luciqueii

• 【Luciquell & Co.】
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 18:56:17 »
Hello I joined gb few days ago but I wanna withdraw/cancel from it.  I think registered as Victorlungan, I would be glad if you remove me from the GB. Thanks!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 19:03:01 »
Hello I joined gb few days ago but I wanna withdraw/cancel from it.  I think registered as Victorlungan, I would be glad if you remove me from the GB. Thanks!

LOL you can edit the form yourself. A copy is sent to your email. RIP this GB rofl

Offline Luciqueii

• 【Luciquell & Co.】
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 19:12:31 »

[/quote]
LOL you can edit the form yourself. A copy is sent to your email. RIP this GB rofl
[/quote]

I did not get any emails of it or any updates, weird.

Offline Luciqueii

• 【Luciquell & Co.】
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 19:15:48 »

Ohh I did find it... but I cannot delete my information what do I change more correctly? :)

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 19:20:11 »
Ohh I did find it... but I cannot delete my information what do I change more correctly? :)

As long as you haven't actually paid anything, worst case is you just don't pay your invoice once it's sent to you. It's not like you were asked to pay ahead of time or asked for any card info.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline dario

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 19:25:49 »
RIP this GB rofl

Well, he did sold ~10k+ switches which is at least enough to cover the cost of making  his mold (I hope).

Also, it turns out he was right when when he was saying from the start that they are lying to undermine his business.

But he lied too, because he claimed he's actually using the original mold.

Basically, absolutely every person involved in Pandagate lied in one way or the other.

This story truly justifes its drama status. We got money, intrigue, secrets, plottwist and turarounds, the only thing missing (for now) are hot chicks.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 December 2018, 22:04:03 by dario »

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 19:28:02 »
Why is there an MOQ of 10k switches if they have all already been produced? Shouldn’t there be a maximum quantity instead?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 20:13:26 »
Please, as much as possible, stick with the actual topic of this group buy.  If you wish to discuss any other potential future group buy, please do it in another thread (there's already another thread open for the switches brought up by Puddsy).  Baiting the OP constitutes threadcrapping and is subject to moderation. 
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 20:17:49 »
Please, as much as possible, stick with the actual topic of this group buy.  If you wish to discuss any other potential future group buy, please do it in another thread (there's already another thread open for the switches brought up by Puddsy).  Baiting the OP constitutes threadcrapping and is subject to moderation.
Sorry photo, was about to edit my posts to remove them. Looks like you beat me to it - thank you.

Offline fireworm

« Reply #110 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 22:35:45 »
RIP this GB rofl

Well, he did sold ~10k+ switches which is at least enough to cover the cost of making  his mold (I hope).

Also, it turns out he was right when when he was saying from the start that they are lying to undermine his business.

But he lied too, because he claimed he's actually using the original mold.

Basically, absolutely every person involved in Pandagate lied in one way or the other.

This story truly justifes its drama status. We got money, intrigue, secrets, plottwist and turarounds, the only thing missing (for now) are hot chicks.
Thought you said Holy Chickies.  The other "panda killer".

Offline Clix4Clax

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 07:30:37 »
Pulling out of this like a psycho chick.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #112 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 07:32:27 »
It's not a rumor.

Glad I’m holding out. More pandas for EVERYONE.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:30:51 »
Keep the discussion about the alleged MD drop to the keyboards thread ty or we have to dish out some warnings.
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline dario

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:33:40 »
Supervan, can you please tell us what's the material Holy Jesus switch top is made of? There has been a lot of speculation about this before.
You will be afraid to buy substandard products making with low-quality mold.

You avoided answering my question, but OK, you don't have to do it if you don't want to.

Besides, I don't know why would I be afraid of the new-old Inyr mold. As far I'm able to understand, a bad mold doesn't necessarily mean a bad product. It just means lower yield rate ie lower profit on the seller side.

Also, original Panda wasn't sticking on the upstroke, so te me as a layman it seems his molds are actually a little bit better than yours.

Offline SuperVan

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:45:24 »
Keep the discussion about the alleged MD drop to the keyboards thread ty or we have to dish out some warnings.
They have already put the unproved information here. It's not fair to delete my reply for announcing some information.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:47:11 by SuperVan »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:47:13 »
They have already put the unproved information here. It's not fair to delete my reply only.
The discussion is ok if you do it here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=98414.0 . This is for the GB related info only

Offline regionfree

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 11:01:31 »
wow, so much drama around this. i just want to get some nice sounding switches! i'll get these, and the ones from massdrop (if it's true). we all know we will keep getting boards and keep needing switches!

Offline wikidpanda

• Keyboards and stuff
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 11:03:45 »
I just need to know where to throw my money thanks
Oneness with cup rubber

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 11:21:56 »
Nothing has been officially confirmed or denied by Massdrop, and no other group buy is yet open.  Even if Massdrop is working on their own version of the Holy Panda switch, a group buy might be months away--it's completely unknown at this time, so keep that in mind.  Furthermore, this group buy has a limited number of switches supposedly already produced, so it's not going to cover everyone, unlike Massdrop which would likely have a much larger number produced.  Please use this thread to discuss this particular group buy and not hypothetical other future group buys.  No switches are worth the amount of emotional investment that has been shown so far, and there's also quite a bit of trying to sidestep the competition with support going one way or the other.  Geekhack is a free platform for any vendor/group buy, given that the process follows site rules, and competition is natural, but any anti-competitive drama posts are subject to moderation.

Offline lendflat

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 11:35:03 »
Nothing has been officially confirmed or denied by Massdrop, and no other group buy is yet open.  Even if Massdrop is working on their own version of the Holy Panda switch, a group buy might be months away--it's completely unknown at this time, so keep that in mind.  Furthermore, this group buy has a limited number of switches supposedly already produced, so it's not going to cover everyone, unlike Massdrop which would likely have a much larger number produced.  Please use this thread to discuss this particular group buy and not hypothetical other future group buys.  No switches are worth the amount of emotional investment that has been shown so far, and there's also quite a bit of trying to sidestep the competition with support going one way or the other.  Geekhack is a free platform for any vendor/group buy, given that the process follows site rules, and competition is natural, but any anti-competitive drama posts are subject to moderation.

To be fair Puddsy caused all the drame with his unfounded Massdrop 'soon' comment....even going so far as to say a December drop.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 11:40:44 »

To be fair Puddsy caused all the drame with his unfounded Massdrop 'soon' comment....even going so far as to say a December drop.

How is that causing drama? All he said was that new pandas are coming from massdrop.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 11:43:14 »

How is that causing drama? All he said was that new pandas are coming from massdrop.
Trying to sabotage someones GB with claims not confirmed by MD?

Offline SuperVan

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 11:44:53 »

So I extended the deadline and waiting for holy pandas. If no holy panda stocking on MD this month, it will be proved what he said is a rumor, you guys still have an opportunity to get your Gsus switches.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 11:55:34 »
Might there be a third player...is it possible the factory is supplying the same housings to more than two parties?

Offline SuperVan

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 11:59:04 »
Might there be a third player...is it possible the factory is supplying the same housings to more than two parties?
No. There's no factory only produce stems or housings for selling.

Offline Luciqueii

• 【Luciquell & Co.】
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 12:05:04 »
SuperVan... will you try to bring the community better switches that may surpass the holy panda hype?

I think I saw you writing that you might try bring something better in future?

Sincerely,

-F.L.

Offline icho

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 14:35:46 »
I am in, thanks for your work!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 17:01:39 »
What the heck is a bsun?

Offline homerowco

• Homerow.Co
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 17:06:51 »
It's the same product, to a potentially 30%+ cheaper price. It's not unconfirmed, he has samples already.

Samples means nothing - you don't have those samples, you don't sell the product - not your place to announce it.

It's about etiquette here. If you don't like the GB I'm 100% on your side, if you don't like the drama I'm absolutely on your side as well, if you don't like the price look how much Zealios cost, if you post other competing products in someones GB I think you should get a temp ban just for that. It's just not okay, no matter how much you don't like someones GB or the person running it or the product he tries to sell or anything about it and the color of his shoes, you shouldn't do that. Post "I don't like the price, it's overpriced because X", that's your opinion. It should go into the IC but whatever. Just don't post competing products. If we start with this, what's next? Someone makes a new tactile switch and you say Zealios are the golden standard and so much better here is a link to his shop. If someone makes a new split board you link someone elses split board GB? You just don't do that.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #130 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 17:17:26 »
It's the same product, to a potentially 30%+ cheaper price. It's not unconfirmed, he has samples already.

Samples means nothing - you don't have those samples, you don't sell the product - not your place to announce it.

It's about etiquette here. If you don't like the GB I'm 100% on your side, if you don't like the drama I'm absolutely on your side as well, if you don't like the price look how much Zealios cost, if you post other competing products in someones GB I think you should get a temp ban just for that. It's just not okay, no matter how much you don't like someones GB or the person running it or the product he tries to sell or anything about it and the color of his shoes, you shouldn't do that. Post "I don't like the price, it's overpriced because X", that's your opinion. It should go into the IC but whatever. Just don't post competing products. If we start with this, what's next? Someone makes a new tactile switch and you say Zealios are the golden standard and so much better here is a link to his shop. If someone makes a new split board you link someone elses split board GB? You just don't do that.

I will agree with this, let's keep the topic within the topic. Advertising another buy or potential buy is grounds for moderation and should be handled as such.

It would also be bad taste to try and downplay someone's project or buy.

Offline nuclear_wizard

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 17:23:56 »

There's more nuance to it than that though. If as Emil claims, Novelkeys will have the same product, then I'd say absolutely as someone interested in this GB that's something I'd want to know and it's pertinent information.

However, posting a discord screenshot that could be about anything (literally all it said was factory says I can make them for under $0.70/switch, but I need to figure out shipping costs) and claiming Mike said this and that, I would say is just fanning the flames and definitely doesn't contribute to the conversation about this GB. Not only that, but if Mike wanted to bring it up here (or not) then I'd say its his place to do so and his alone until it's actually being offered on NK.

I don't understand why some people are so hellbent on attempting to derail this GB. SuperVan has been more transparent about his process than a lot of GBs that get praise for their transparency just because people have been calling him out, and it seems that he's delivered every time. Some comments may be obtuse, but English isn't his first language. I'd say the scamming claims have been quelled by reviewers' comments, and while it isn't a literal Panda replacement due to the upstroke, this is the only thing currently being offered that seems to have a very similar force curve in GB right now.

Offline dPaK

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 18:05:34 »
+1 I'm totally agreed with you. From the start of  SuperVan's IC to the GB, lots of people from the community have insulted him and are trying to boycott Gsus's GB, and this fact it is suspicious at the minimum.

These actions aren't typical for a keyboard-enthusiast community like geekhack. It is bad taste to see this kind of drama. Everyone can make his opinion, but when the line is crossed to become an attack it becomes something different.

It doesn't matter who is lying, or if all the truth have been spoken, this is what happens every single day around everywhere, and more in the business world and the user isn't interested about that, only the final product that is he can pick and touch. The competition is always good for the user, and people aren't jerks, everyone chooses where to spend his time and money.

It seems that Gsus is enough similar to Invyr, to make Nathan and others don't complain about the result, despite not perfect. So is good for a newbie like me too.

Yes, I think 1.5$ for a switch is very expensive, considering you only want the housing. Also, 1$ is too expensive, but a little fairer. Is the price he chose, and you can be ok with that or not, but not throwing him stones to his face if you dislike this.

I will experiment Gsus for my own, and if MD sells Holy Panda v2 I will do too, making my own conclusions, and not what someone told me to do.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 December 2018, 18:10:17 by dPaK »

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 18:12:55 »

Not related to the part about posting products, but Zealios are primarily going to be used as-is while for the most part Pandas and these GSUS are primarily going to be used for franken-switches, so I'd see why most people buying these for that purpose would be more apprehensive of $1 for one part of a frankenswitch vs $1 for a "use it as it is" switch.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 18:34:47 »
Once again, if someone wants to discuss OTHER/future group buys, please do so elsewhere--preferably in an IC thread for that product or in a dedicated thread linking to the IC.  What we've had so far have been speculations of future group buys being injected into this thread, but they have nothing logistical to do with this one.  Plain and simple: this thread is for discussing GSUS switches and the group buy for GSUS switches.  All future posts here that are not about this group buy are subject to removal. 

Offline rondg

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 19:15:55 »

So I extended the deadline and waiting for holy pandas. If no holy panda stocking on MD this month, it will be proved what he said is a rumor, you guys still have an opportunity to get your Gsus switches.

Will the shipping still start on December 27th?

Offline ItsAllen

« Reply #136 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 14:56:42 »
How can I cancel my form?

Offline txclack

« Reply #137 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 15:17:34 »
No need to cancel your form, just ignore/cancel the PayPal invoice if it ever gets sent.

Offline PoochZag

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 15:23:49 »
How can I cancel my form?

You can edit the form you should have received a link when you first filled it out
TX-CP, TX60, Campine Mk. III, Mira SE

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #139 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 15:49:16 »
I'm not sure if deleting the posts regarding the MD Holy Panda page is a great idea. It is directly related to why this GB came about and I really think it's kinda shady to just delete the posts that merely serve to inform people that their money may be better spent elsewhere (the 'nice' posts are definitely just spam).

I see the MD link as directly related to this GB because people want to buy these to make Holy Pandas. This will probably get deleted but I felt it important to say something.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 15:53:34 »
I'm not sure if deleting the posts regarding the MD Holy Panda page is a great idea. It is directly related to why this GB came about and I really think it's kinda shady to just delete the posts that merely serve to inform people that their money may be better spent elsewhere (the 'nice' posts are definitely just spam).

I see the MD link as directly related to this GB because people want to buy these to make Holy Pandas. This will probably get deleted but I felt it important to say something.

It's very much the right thing to do, as it's disrespectful and anti-competitive to post competing product ads into ongoing group buys.  Each group buy thread is for discussion of that particular group buy and could include mentions of any additional related projects by the group buy runner.  It's every individual's own job to do their own research on what they want to spend their money.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #141 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 16:27:16 »
Now that an unnamed switch, which will remain nameless to respect SuperVan's GB has been confirmed.
I want to show, SuperVan, that I have serious interest in your Gsus switch at private Chinese GB prices. If you ever change your mind about the price, please let us know :)

Offline Cktenders

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 16:29:17 »
This may still be the most cost effective (lol) way for the group of people who are already sitting on Halo stems that need [panda] housings, otherwise they are just collecting dust for a lot of folks. Not sure there will be a lot of people out there looking for Halo switches in the near future. Not sure what makes more sense financially, selling Halos a for loss vs buying these, but just offering another view point. Sunk cost fallacy I guess.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 December 2018, 16:34:40 by Cktenders »

Offline Little4Real

« Reply #143 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 16:38:31 »
I'll still take them, but only at private Chinese group buy prices

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 16:40:48 »
I would take them at 0.7 or something like that

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 16:58:06 »
This may still be the most cost effective (lol) way for the group of people who are already sitting on Halo stems that need [panda] housings, otherwise they are just collecting dust for a lot of folks. Not sure there will be a lot of people out there looking for Halo switches in the near future. Not sure what makes more sense financially, selling Halos a for loss vs buying these, but just offering another view point. Sunk cost fallacy I guess.

Not to derail the post further as regardless of how I feel toward the GB, Photo has a good point and I intent to try and respect the rules as they are (rightfully) enforced... however, if you're not time constricted and even taking into consideration you may be sitting on halos already, the alternative to this still provides you the housings for a significant amount cheaper does it not? Basically you're paying more for less regardless of trustworthiness/integrity of the 2 sellers and/or the fact you're comparing a clone to the (alleged) real deal - you're getting a bunch of useless, scratchy, linear panda stems instead of usable halo stems or entire halo switches depending on how you look at it, both of which can be sold for a reasonable amount of money on the classifieds section or mechmarket.

PS: I'd echo the sentiment that I'd take some of these at CN GB prices but realistically I don't know if I actually would being a fan of mostly linears. Maybe try 50 cents.

Offline txclack

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 17:17:24 »
Just want to jump in and say that I am sitting on Halo switches/stems and still have interest in this GB, especially if the group buy price were to match the one in China.

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #147 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 17:32:54 »
Yeah, I expect ill be cancelling my order unless the price drops

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 17:52:27 »

It's very much the right thing to do, as it's disrespectful and anti-competitive to post competing product ads into ongoing group buys.  Each group buy thread is for discussion of that particular group buy and could include mentions of any additional related projects by the group buy runner.  It's every individual's own job to do their own research on what they want to spend their money.
You could at least open the thread again, now that there's no reason to keep it closed other than potential drama but if that's a problem you might as well shut down the whole forum.

Offline Albatross

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 18:05:01 »
I'll also withdraw my order if the price doesn't come down a fair bit.