Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3514129 times)

Offline choc

Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #11650 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 03:28:58 »
Stabilizers are used on wider keys like the spacebar to keep the keys from tilting sideways when pushed on the sides, so their job is pretty much as the name suggests stabilizing keys and providing a uniform feedback on the hole key. =)

Think of a non stabilized spacebar with only one switch in the middle for example which would probably tilt like hell (and eventually not even reach actuation point of the switch) if you don't hit it dead center.

A stabilizer is much like a lever on each side of the key connected by a metal rod, so technically one side cant move more then the other without a twisting on the metal rod connecting them.
Therefore even if you apply pressure on for example the very left of the space bar it should (be forced to) stay pretty much horizontal while being pressed.

wow, thx for so detailed explanation.

So stabilizers are usually used for balancing long/large keys when they are up and down, right? And they usually located at both left and right side beneath those long/large keys. Does the metal rod belong to a part of the stabilizers of that long/large key?

Oh, I've also seen some keyboard's spacebar works without any metal rod. In general, with/without the metal rod, which is better?

Excuse me, but what is the stabilizer?

I am new here and don't understand this terminology which is common in geekhack.

I've seen so many people say sth like costar stabilizer, cherry stabilizer, and so on :confused:
In addition to FoC-ToW's great explanation, that's why the stabilizers are called "leveling kits"  by Cherry.

Costar and Cherry are 2 different types of stabilizers for MX. Cherry stabilizers then come in PCB or plate mount.

From the GH60 OP, here's a picture of them.

Show Image

aha, I think I may get it.

Offline morpheus

« Reply #11651 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 11:04:25 »
Will Matias make MX compatible stem based keyboards in the near future?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11652 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 11:05:30 »
Will Matias make MX compatible stem based keyboards in the near future?

Rumor is yes but there's no definite information. Matias has hinted at it.

1) So stabilizers are usually used for balancing long/large keys when they are up and down, right?
2) And they usually located at both left and right side beneath those long/large keys.
3) Does the metal rod belong to a part of the stabilizers of that long/large key?
4) Oh, I've also seen some keyboard's spacebar works without any metal rod. In general, with/without the metal rod, which is better?

1) Yes
2) They go on the shifts, enter, backspace, spacebar, and the enter on the numpad if you have one.
3) The rod is on the stabilizers.
4) Doesn't work as well as a stabilized bar. It can rattle and feel off centered when you hit the spacebar.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 11:07:43 by CPTBadAss »

Offline choc

« Reply #11653 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 11:33:11 »

1) So stabilizers are usually used for balancing long/large keys when they are up and down, right?
2) And they usually located at both left and right side beneath those long/large keys.
3) Does the metal rod belong to a part of the stabilizers of that long/large key?
4) Oh, I've also seen some keyboard's spacebar works without any metal rod. In general, with/without the metal rod, which is better?

1) Yes
2) They go on the shifts, enter, backspace, spacebar, and the enter on the numpad if you have one.
3) The rod is on the stabilizers.
4) Doesn't work as well as a stabilized bar. It can rattle and feel off centered when you hit the spacebar.

Thanks.

Offline kakakowie

• Make Love not War
« Reply #11654 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 11:38:02 »
Pardon me, but has there been a guide to flashing firmware? (preferably with troubleshoot) I can't seem to find a straightforward guide and I'm having troubles flashing :/. 

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
« Reply #11655 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 14:01:10 »
Pardon me, but has there been a guide to flashing firmware? (preferably with troubleshoot) I can't seem to find a straightforward guide and I'm having troubles flashing :/.

Not that I know of (was looking myself recently because I had a problem). What seems to be the issue?

Offline Deadline-007

« Reply #11656 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 14:36:17 »
Dunno where to ask, but is there any solution to fix sticky razer key?

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #11657 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 14:39:20 »
Did you spill something onto the keyboard?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Deadline-007

« Reply #11658 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 15:02:51 »
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Nope, It was since I got it. + Some keys have some weird noises. Example.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #11659 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 15:04:54 »
If it's new I'd use RMA
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Deadline-007

« Reply #11660 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 15:10:02 »
If it's new I'd use RMA
It's not new, so that's not an option. At least I don't have any warranty documents instead of "Razer Greetings Package".

Offline kakakowie

• Make Love not War
« Reply #11661 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 15:39:58 »

Not that I know of (was looking myself recently because I had a problem). What seems to be the issue?

I tried using dfuprogrammer and FLIP but both failed to detect my board (GHpad) i installed the drivers provided for the GHpad and assume that the FLIP software comes with drivers pre installed. Are there other drivers for the ATmega32u4?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #11662 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 15:44:42 »

I tried using dfuprogrammer and FLIP but both failed to detect my board (GHpad) i installed the drivers provided for the GHpad and assume that the FLIP software comes with drivers pre installed. Are there other drivers for the ATmega32u4?

Just to be sure, you did press the button to jump to bootloader, right?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11663 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 16:48:10 »
Swap the switch, attempt to clean it by flooding it with isopropyl alcohol, RMA

You have to desolder to swap it. If you're not comfortable with doing solder or desoldering there's people on GH who may be able to help.

Offline kakakowie

• Make Love not War
« Reply #11664 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 16:48:55 »

Just to be sure, you did press the button to jump to bootloader, right?

Yup I did  :p

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11665 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 17:05:53 »

Perhaps this guide from nubbinator will help you. I realize it's not exactly for the software you're using so substitute in dfuprogrammer for the truecustom software.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 17:35:55 by CPTBadAss »

Offline kakakowie

• Make Love not War
« Reply #11666 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 17:34:04 »

Perhaps this guide from nubbinator will help you. I realize it's not exactly for the software you're using substitute in dfuprogrammer for the truecustom software.

Thanks for that. I had to uninstall the existing drivers as it was refusing to update.

Offline Deadline-007

« Reply #11667 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 17:58:16 »
Swap the switch, attempt to clean it by flooding it with isopropyl alcohol, RMA

You have to desolder to swap it. If you're not comfortable with doing solder or desoldering there's people on GH who may be able to help.
Thanks for the tips. Btw, did someone tried to disassemble Razer switches? Is it harder than cherry ones?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11668 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 17:58:57 »
Did someone tried to disassemble Razer switches? Is it harder than cherry ones?

Probably the same method as opening as the Cherry switches. Can't imagine it would be much different.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #11669 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 08:32:59 »
This may not be a simple question. How does one get into leading a group buy?

The reason I'm asking is because I've got this Infinity keyboard on order, and it's going to be the most esoteric keyset I've ever owned: Matias ALPS caps in the Infinity Hacker layout. You can't really find any ALPS group buys out there. Is this something SP can do? I'd be willing to do the legwork to design a keyset that would be of broad enough interest to other Matias owners but also have special keys for the Infinity layout. I just really don't even know where to start.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11670 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 08:40:51 »

The reason I'm asking is because I've got this Infinity keyboard on order, and it's going to be the most esoteric keyset I've ever owned: Matias ALPS caps in the Infinity Hacker layout. You can't really find any ALPS group buys out there. Is this something SP can do? I'd be willing to do the legwork to design a keyset that would be of broad enough interest to other Matias owners but also have special keys for the Infinity layout. I just really don't even know where to start.

You just run one. You figure out who's making stuff, collect the money, buy the stuff, and distribute the stuff to everyone. It's up to you to build your rep and figure out how you want to handle the money. There's not a lot of mystery. It's just a lot of work.

For example: I wanted Geekhack themed t-shirts last year. I found a local printer that would source the shirts for me and print the logo I wanted. LastPilot hooked me up with a design. I did all the research to figure out the shirt I'd like, sizes, cost, how I'd distribute it, etc. Then I made a thread here to gather orders. Once the orders were in, I went to the shop to have them made. Then I shipped out all the shirts myself.

Alps keycap GBs haven't been going well. Matias promised ANSI and ISO Alps keycap sets but I haven't seen much besides them being stoked at The Keyboard Co. Alps isn't very popular to begin with and Delta Blues failed.  Yes SP can do it but then you run into issues with the stabilizers, caps, and spacebars. Then people want to have the sets match their retro boards. Badwrench is currently trying to run his Alps Infinity mods GB. Once again I'll try and support it but I'm not sure  how it will go. PMK definitely isn't my favorite platform for GBs (PMK aka Pimp My Keyboards is the GB site that SP has setup).

Picking colors isn't the hard part. It's figuring how which keycaps to put into the set because of everyone's wildly different Alps needs/wants and finding someone to make the caps. AFAIK, there's only a few people making Alps caps.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 March 2015, 08:44:21 by CPTBadAss »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #11671 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 08:42:32 »

A GB for an ALPS set failed recently. You can read the thread to understand some of the reasons for its failure: ALPS are not very popular, and old ALPS keyboards have a variety of stabilizers that make very hard for a set to cover all of them. SP can manufacture caps with ALPS stems.

About being a GB leader there are a few threads that discuss the topic, but you may give a try to the SP's pimp my keyboard site, they take most of the load to run a GB.

I hope this help.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #11672 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 08:55:16 »

You just run one. You figure out who's making stuff, collect the money, buy the stuff, and distribute the stuff to everyone. It's up to you to build your rep and figure out how you want to handle the money. There's not a lot of mystery. It's just a lot of work.

For example: I wanted Geekhack themed t-shirts last year. I found a local printer that would source the shirts for me and print the logo I wanted. LastPilot hooked me up with a design. I did all the research to figure out the shirt I'd like, sizes, cost, how I'd distribute it, etc. Then I made a thread here to gather orders. Once the orders were in, I went to the shop to have them made. Then I shipped out all the shirts myself.

Alps keycap GBs haven't been going well. Matias promised ANSI and ISO Alps keycap sets but I haven't seen much besides them being stoked at The Keyboard Co. Alps isn't very popular to begin with and Delta Blues failed.  Yes SP can do it but then you run into issues with the stabilizers, caps, and spacebars. Then people want to have the sets match their retro boards. Badwrench is currently trying to run his Alps Infinity mods GB. Once again I'll try and support it but I'm not sure  how it will go. PMK definitely isn't my favorite platform for GBs (PMK aka Pimp My Keyboards is the GB site that SP has setup).

Picking colors isn't the hard part. It's figuring how which keycaps to put into the set because of everyone's wildly different Alps needs/wants and finding someone to make the caps. AFAIK, there's only a few people making Alps caps.

Thanks for the advice, and particularly for the link to the thread. I did some searching before posting this question, but I didn't come across this thread.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #11673 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 08:57:44 »

A GB for an ALPS set failed recently. You can read the thread to understand some of the reasons for its failure: ALPS are not very popular, and old ALPS keyboards have a variety of stabilizers that make very hard for a set to cover all of them. SP can manufacture caps with ALPS stems.

About being a GB leader there are a few threads that discuss the topic, but you may give a try to the SP's pimp my keyboard site, they take most of the load to run a GB.

I hope this help.

I've used PMK before and I like their setup. I suppose as a first-timer without much reputation that would also help credibility-wise. However, I don't like how they break everything up into small sub-sets. It's too confusing. I'm in on this HyperFuse GMK GB, and I kind of like that it's all just one big set. The way that BunnyLake is running that one has really inspired me. I'll read through the thread you posted and see what I can learn from it. Thanks!

My boards:
More

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11674 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 09:03:50 »
Are there any stock fullsize ANSI keyboards with MX switches that have the numpad on the left side?

If not, what custom boards are readily available?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #11675 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 09:05:10 »
Are there any stock fullsize ANSI keyboards with MX switches that have the numpad on the left side?

http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard/black-left-handed-keyboard-ps2-and-usb.asp

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11676 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 09:10:05 »

IIRC there's an LZ and a Plum that have that setup. I think Matias might have one too?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11677 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 09:36:46 »
Thanks for the fast replies guys  :thumb:

The one from keyboardco is not really "pretty" to say the least - the big ass enter key also makes it impossible to use other keycaps.

I will keep my eyes open for korean customs :)

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #11678 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 19:17:52 »
Is there a place to order a single set of custom color keycaps? Like will SP do a one-off?

My boards:
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11679 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 20:14:46 »
Is there a place to order a single set of custom color keycaps? Like will SP do a one-off?

WASD will do one offs but the caps are laser engraved. SP would do a one off I think but the price would probably be so much that you'd pass on it.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #11680 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 20:36:36 »

WASD will do one offs but the caps are laser engraved. SP would do a one off I think but the price would probably be so much that you'd pass on it.

There's my answer. Thanks!

My boards:
More

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #11681 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 21:27:12 »
I have some questions regarding GON PCBs and especially on-pcb backlighting...

It looks like there are soldering spots for on-pcb backlighting right below each of the switch led spots, so I'm guessing they use the same resistor and you can only go with either one?
I feel like switch leds might actually make a more centered/uniform light, so is there any advantage of on-pcb besides not having to desolder leds to desolder switches?

Going with in switch leds and doing the sip socket mod personally seems like they way to go atm, (even on a crystal case) but some experience or opinions on this would be very appreciated! =)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11682 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 21:39:33 »
I have some questions regarding GON PCBs and especially on-pcb backlighting...

It looks like there are soldering spots for on-pcb backlighting right below each of the switch led spots, so I'm guessing they use the same resistor and you can only go with either one?
I feel like switch leds might actually make a more centered/uniform light, so is there any advantage of on-pcb besides not having to desolder leds to desolder switches?

Going with in switch leds and doing the sip socket mod personally seems like they way to go atm, (even on a crystal case) but some experience or opinions on this would be very appreciated! =)

Are you sure it's on PCB SMD LEDs and not SMD Diodes?

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #11683 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 21:51:55 »
Thx for the quick reply CPT!  :thumb:

But yes I'm pretty sure since the pcb specs mention on-pcb backlight, and the list of required parts also says:
 'SMD LEDs for Side LED or On-PCB Backlight LEDs
(For On-PCB Backlight LEDs, you need both a proper PCB and a Crystal Housing.'

So on-pcb might replace (or atleast hook into the same resistors and therefore control) as the in switch leds?!

Smd diodes I guess would be soldered on the same spots as regular diodes, so to the left of each switch on this picture.
The diode spots have 3 soldering pads (the two outside ones of which are drilled),
So you can use the father apart drilled for regular diodes, and the closer option for smds I believe. =)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11684 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 22:20:18 »
Thx for the quick reply CPT!  :thumb:

But yes I'm pretty sure since the pcb specs mention on-pcb backlight, and the list of required parts also says:
 'SMD LEDs for Side LED or On-PCB Backlight LEDs
(For On-PCB Backlight LEDs, you need both a proper PCB and a Crystal Housing.'

So on-pcb might replace (or atleast hook into the same resistors and therefore control) as the in switch leds?!

Smd diodes I guess would be soldered on the same spots as regular diodes, so to the left of each switch on this picture.
The diode spots have 3 soldering pads (the two outside ones of which are drilled),
So you can use the father apart drilled for regular diodes, and the closer option for smds I believe. =)

Ok. How the light diffuses will be more determined by the case than in-switch vs on-PCB. For example, you might want to rock on-PCB if you've got a polycarbonate-aluminum sandwich case. I believe that in-switch and on PCB LEDs also put out light at different angles. Personally I think in-switch is probably better for milled metal cases while on-PCB would be better for cases which have frosted or clear polymers. But I've never personally tried on-PCB LEDs. LastPilot would know for sure as he's got the GON Crystal and an LZ-S with LEDs in both.

There's some LED info if you hunt for it. Believe it was a discussion photoelectric had.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #11685 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 23:09:27 »
THX CPT! 

I'm pretty much planning on building a Nerd60, but haven't fully decided on a case yet.
Because of the additional bluetooth support option and the clean (color neutral) looks I'm kinda tempted to go with the Crystal as well tho so on-pcb leds kinda became an option... =)

I just looked at some picture of Lastpilot's Crystal tkl again btw and for the first time realised it uses on-pcb leds!  xD
I agree that it looks awesome on the polycarbonate since it defuses the light and even lights up the pcb it self very nicely. (You can actually see the pcb thru the keycaps on Lastpilot's pics!)

It might even be possible to populate both, since that should be connecting two leds in parallel (so voltage stays the same but current gets split).
But it may effect the brightness of both leds, and I would be scared mixing different led types might lead to uneven results somehow...
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 March 2015, 23:14:13 by FoC_Tow »

Offline derzemel

« Reply #11686 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 16:17:36 »
Hello,

On what topic or section can I ask for some information or help regarding physical stores to buy keyboards in Seoul, Korea?

Thank you!

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #11687 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 19:20:46 »
Does anyone know how to program a LZ B8?

I'm not really feeling this bright yellow LED color :))

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #11688 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 20:14:05 »
What sources are to get LEDs and sip sockets?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11689 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 21:24:26 »

Mouser, Digikey, Jameco, eBay

You could try PMing ninjadoc. He's got a ton of LZ boards.

Hello,

On what topic or section can I ask for some information or help regarding physical stores to buy keyboards in Seoul, Korea?

Thank you!

Off Topic is probably the right section to post your thread.

bowji's thread and the /r/mk shopping guide may help you out too.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #11690 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 22:07:08 »
Are international shipping rates pretty standard no matter the country?

Don't count on it.

I found out recently that even "flat rate international" has significant exceptions, such as Morocco, which is significantly higher (like $60 for a medium box that would be $40 to "standard" destinations).
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #11691 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 22:09:16 »

Mouser, Digikey, Jameco, eBay

You could try PMing ninjadoc. He's got a ton of LZ boards.

Hello,

Thank you!

Off Topic is probably the right section to post your thread.

bowji's thread and the /r/mk shopping guide may help you out too.

I got some from ebay, pretty cheap. TY.

Offline combataran

« Reply #11692 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 09:56:12 »
What should I use to clean pbt dyesub cherries? Would a couple of dental tabs do?
Cherry G80-1000HFD | CM Storm Spawn | Keypuller.com - Key Caps News & Database

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #11693 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 09:59:24 »
What should I use to clean pbt dyesub cherries? Would a couple of dental tabs do?

+1 Also interested in this question. Adding if the same procedure may work for ABS.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #11694 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 11:09:44 »
Usally I clean mine with dental tabs in hot water + some dish soap. works well
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #11695 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 12:29:06 »
Usally I clean mine with dental tabs in hot water + some dish soap. works well
+1. If it some especially caked on grime, isopropyl alcohol works well
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline just1n

« Reply #11696 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 12:44:28 »

Ultrasonic cleaner

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #11697 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 12:46:22 »
Mesh bag in the dishwasher, follow with denture tabs if you want them pearly white.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #11698 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 15:58:57 »
I've seen a few boards with white "jelly" POM keycaps. Are these for sale somewhere online?

My boards:
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11699 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 16:01:53 »
I've seen a few boards with white "jelly" POM keycaps. Are these for sale somewhere online?

Feng and I think imsto had them. They're kinda hard to come by.

I dunno if you're into the aesthetics or just want to try POM. But if you want to try POM, you can find them pretty easily on old Cherry boards. G81-XXXXL boards that are black are typically lasered POM.