Author Topic: [GB] E8-V1 Custom TKL - SORTING THE BOARDS  (Read 570048 times)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: [GB] E8-V1 Custom TKL - SORTING THE BOARDS
« Reply #1100 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 12:55:29 »
Got mine as well!   It is very nice. 

Two quibbles but no deal breakers.  The top and bottom don’t match color. It’s alright though bc the two tone is kinda cool and hard to see.  The diffusers on the edges don’t secure to anything inside the case so they move inside the case when you pick it up and push on them. Hard to explain. You’ll see when you get yours

So happy quang was able to get these to us.  Pcb works like a champ with paperclip test.  Now off to hr store to buy something to open it with.  Lol.  Apparently it uses small hex tool that must be metric bc what I have doesn’t work. 

Album here https://imgur.com/gallery/PWDMX
182182-0
More later!

« Last Edit: Wed, 15 November 2017, 12:58:37 by reececonrad »

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada
« Reply #1101 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 13:03:51 »
I got my kit today!  It's so beautiful!  The finish, the even machining of the parts, the way everything comes together neatly.  I'll take some nice photographs soon.  It came in a custom hard silver box with dense foam walls but no outer box for that, just wrapping paper, but thankfully with fast EMS shipping and the good box/foam design there was no damage to anything.

My kit is basically perfect, has almost no imperfections.  There might be a dot or two in the finish, but I still have to clean the whole case.

The anodized surface is quite smooth and has a satin shiny finish, which I like a lot.  I'm super happy with my kit.

Thank you very much, Exclusive, and huge thanks to kuang2 for the hard work rescuing this group buy!

P.S.: quick snap after unwrapping etc.:
Show Image

super sweet, looking forward to your pics  :p

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1102 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 13:06:22 »
Yeah, those colors are difficult to photograph, especially the teal, I'll need to do some dedicated photography and processing.  But it will be done!  Thank you again <3
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1103 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 13:11:48 »
Yeah, those colors are difficult to photograph, especially the teal, I'll need to do some dedicated photography and processing.  But it will be done!  Thank you again <3

I’m at the store but obviously didn’t bring my keyboard.  What kind of screws are those?  Anyone know?

Got it. They’re T6 screws
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 November 2017, 13:29:44 by reececonrad »

Offline alveeno

« Reply #1104 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 13:53:13 »
Too excited for mine to arrive. It comes tomorrow!

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #1105 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 14:16:58 »
wasnt home, but post man left notice.  Will be picking up mine tomorrow :)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1106 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 15:15:37 »
Couple of things:

It seems the badges were engraved and then fixed and engraved again. So, you’ll see the old engraving as a ghost behind the new.  I’m guessing this is from the scratches thing that happened?

182184-0

Also, my custom badge is engraved over an old Exclusive badge. This may just be because there was a mixup and my custom badge didn’t get included in the original order

182186-1

But the biggest issue I’ve had so far is that once I took the badge off now the screws don’t hold.  I have some small screws that kinda work but they are pan head and not flat head. Looks like I’ll have to visit the hardware store.

182188-2

Also, I really hope no one has plans to use SA keycaps on this board.  The blockers at the bottom rub on SA caps.  I’m very happy this wasn’t my plans, but worried for anyone who was planning on it.

Now for the not sucky part.  Help me pick!

A:
182190-3

B:
182192-4

Offline gt1989

« Reply #1107 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 15:26:05 »
That's disappointing to hear about SA caps not fitting, since that profile is the one I like the most. I guess I'll just have to see how bad it is in person.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1108 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 15:28:20 »
That's disappointing to hear about SA caps not fitting, since that profile is the one I like the most. I guess I'll just have to see how bad it is in person.

so, if you slide the plate up really really hard and then screw it down, SA caps rub pretty badly.  If you center the plate, the keycaps stick down and are unusable.  In all honesty, they rub on GMK sets as well.  When it's centered there is friction.  I'm going to tell myself that it's not there when you slide the plate up.  That's how I roll.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 November 2017, 15:33:27 by reececonrad »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1109 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 15:31:49 »
Might be just for the 1.25x bottom row layout top case? I don't have SA to test with for my 1.5x size blockers.

I vote for B by a large margin.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1110 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 15:41:35 »
I've not checked interference on mine yet, but for this price point that is a solid deal breaker. PCB tested OK last night.

Offline Vloshko

« Reply #1111 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 18:47:27 »
I've not checked interference on mine yet, but for this price point that is a solid deal breaker. PCB tested OK last night.

I'm with Terry on this.
Keycap Compendium

Discord: Vloshko#1327

Key Cap Wishlist

2019: Configure Optimal Audio Settings

HHKB Pro 2, Model M, Unicorn X Legend, ESPECTRO 96, SaiB CP, E8-V1.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1112 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 18:49:31 »

A:
(Attachment Link)

B:
(Attachment Link)

I vote B since I'll be putting Penumbra on mine and I opted for the same case color =P

Offline Metalhead

« Reply #1113 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 19:34:50 »
Is anyone interested in buying my spot? I got the Grey keyboard and my spot is E47.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1114 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 20:05:27 »

A:
(Attachment Link)

B:
(Attachment Link)

I vote B since I'll be putting Penumbra on mine and I opted for the same case color =P

Brilliant minds...

Offline kuang2

« Reply #1115 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 20:06:58 »
B for sure

I have a lot of things want to talk to you about E8-V1 as I already assembly them a lot, but sorry for my english.

- First, I will try to find way to send separate things to you such as screw, bumpons .... if you need. E8-V1 (and E6-V2) too use M2 screw, maybe I will try to add screwdriver to the package, so you do not have to go out finding one.
- about shift key, there is way to fix it that you can move switch plates and PC to USB position as much as possible before you stick it to the top cover, may resolve problem, but look not nice.

To reececonrad: all purple nameplate and some red nameplate have problem .... I will email you about detail and replacement. But why screw for nameplate not working?

Offline odd

« Reply #1116 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 22:09:36 »
Pics are being uploaded

I got my board in today and I have to say it's flawless. I have no external marks on the case or weight insert. The only item with tool marks is the plate and it's a small rough patch in the corner. The color is consistent top and bottom, no marks around the screw holes, the defuser inserts are flush and fits perfect in the cut outs. I could not be happier because this is my "end game" TKL board and I was a little concerned after reading this thread what people were saying who received their boards. I wanted to post to let people know that boards are being shipped (and a quite fast too) and not to worry about the quality because again mine is flawless. It was a little dirty and had finger prints but all was wiped off without issue.

Just waiting for a few more supplies and then I'm going to build her up. I'm excited because the board looks amazing. Exclusive and E-Team you all did a great job and Quang I want to thank you for taking over shipping and getting people their boards. Be excited people..

Edit: Pics and also I don't have any of the issues  reececonrad's has. My engaving has no previous engraving, my screws sit flush with the flat head screws they came with. I can't test clearance with SA caps because I hate them and don't own a set but so far just doing the fitting I have no clearance issues with Cherry, DSA, XDA, OEM or DCS style caps, I'm sorry he has those issues.

Anyhow, pics !!!!

edit2: For the defuser inserts use clear double-sided tape or 3M 300LSE double-sided adhesive sheets and they wont move, ever
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 November 2017, 22:26:19 by odd »

Offline Oscar2177

« Reply #1117 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 22:25:04 »
Pics are being uploaded

I got my board in today and I have to say it's flawless. I have no external marks on the case or weight insert. The only item with tool marks is the plate and it's a small rough patch in the corner. The color is consistent top and bottom, no marks around the screw holes, the defuser inserts are flush and fits perfect in the cut outs. I could not be happier because this is my "end game" TKL board and I was a little concerned after reading this thread what people were saying who received their boards. I wanted to post to let people know that boards are being shipped (and a quite fast too) and not to worry about the quality because again mine is flawless. It was a little dirty and had finger prints but all was wiped off without issue.

Just waiting for a few more supplies and then I'm going to build her up. I'm excited because the board looks amazing. Exclusive and E-Team you all did a great job and Quang I want to thank you for taking over shipping and getting people their boards. Be excited people..

Edit: Pics and also I don't have any of the issues  reececonrad's has. My engaving has no previous engraving, my screws sit flush with the flat head screws they came with. I can't test clearance with SA caps because I hate them and don't own a set but so far just doing the fitting I have no clearance issues with Cherry, DSA, XDA, OEM or DCS style caps, I'm sorry he has those issues.

Anyhow, pics !!!!
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

That looks so nice, I hope they do just as good in the E6-V2 that I bought. Can't wait to see more people post about there E8-V1

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1118 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 00:31:01 »
B for sure

Show Image

I have a lot of things want to talk to you about E8-V1 as I already assembly them a lot, but sorry for my english.

- First, I will try to find way to send separate things to you such as screw, bumpons .... if you need. E8-V1 (and E6-V2) too use M2 screw, maybe I will try to add screwdriver to the package, so you do not have to go out finding one.
- about shift key, there is way to fix it that you can move switch plates and PC to USB position as much as possible before you stick it to the top cover, may resolve problem, but look not nice.

Show Image

To reececonrad: all purple nameplate and some red nameplate have problem .... I will email you about detail and replacement. But why screw for nameplate not working?

I'm not sure why the screws aren't working.  When I removed the badge and went to put on another they wouldn't hold.  It's like they are too short now.  Strange, I know, but longer screws hold.  They must have just barely been meeting the threads and now they are slightly stripped??  I didn't use any strange pressure.   

I did shift the plate up as much as possible and it helps with rubbing on the blockers.  Good tip  :thumb:

Let me know about the nameplate.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 November 2017, 00:37:48 by reececonrad »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1119 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 01:00:09 »
That's a good idea about the double sided tape for the diffusers.  I'll give it a shot tomorrow.  Anyone know why the led indicators are so freaking bright?  They are twice as bright as the in switch LEDs, but they both have the same resistors on them.

Offline exmpt

« Reply #1120 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 01:44:44 »
Just picked mine up from the post office today. The board itself is stunning, and the Rose Gold case/Pink plate combo is quite nice as well (a bit pale, but still looks nice). The ano is flawless on my board, and the colour is nice and consistent. Engraving looks fine as well. There's a tiny scratch on the bottom of the board, but it's on the bottom, so who cares. PCB seems alright as well. Just waiting on some Kailh Box Black switches to come in so I can get this board built up ASAP. Truly an endgame TKL for me.
It's a bit hard to capture the rose gold colour on my phone camera so I took multiple photos in different lighting and locations. I'll make sure to take some better ones once I have it built.

IG - @blizzardmods
M65-A | HHKB Pro1 | Minila Air | VA68M | TINA-C

Offline kuang2

« Reply #1121 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 06:41:34 »
some color is very difficult to take picture. I'm sure 100% it looks better outside.

Offline actualglacier

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 😳
« Reply #1122 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 10:25:45 »
Sent an email to you about my order (E74), Kuang.
actualglacier on youtube

Offline alveeno

« Reply #1123 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 15:33:39 »
Got my board yesterday!

A couple of things to note:
  • Blue color is cyan, not blue
  • Board has a few flaws/marks, none of it too big of an issue as it's on bottom part of case
  • The two screws holding the engraved nameplates are indeed loose, something wrong with the threading of the screw holes or screws itself, not sure.

I'll post my album after I'm done building!

Album https://photos.app.goo.gl/miFsC7wNyuGzPhaJ3

I regret not getting hydro themed engravings.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 November 2017, 01:02:44 by alveeno »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1124 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 15:40:00 »
Got my board yesterday!

A couple of things to note:
  • Blue color is cyan, not blue
  • Board has a few flaws/marks, none of it too big of an issue as it's on bottom part of case
  • The two screws holding the engraved nameplates are indeed loose, something wrong with the threading of the screw holes or screws itself, not sure.

I'll post my album after I'm done building!

You could try longer screws.  Worked for me.  But I'm also thinking about thin double sided tape.  It might hold the badge and allow the screws to grip a bit.  I mean, if you're going to carry it around it's not a great solution, but just sitting on your desk should be fine.

Offline odd

« Reply #1125 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 16:12:52 »
B for sure

Show Image

Show Image

I'm not sure why the screws aren't working.  When I removed the badge and went to put on another they wouldn't hold.  It's like they are too short now.  Strange, I know, but longer screws hold.  They must have just barely been meeting the threads and now they are slightly stripped??  I didn't use any strange pressure.   

I did shift the plate up as much as possible and it helps with rubbing on the blockers.  Good tip  :thumb:

Let me know about the nameplate.

Are you sure you are using the right screws ? They should be super short flat head fillip screws. Thats what mine came with anyhow. It would be strange it you were shipped a different set of screws. Now that i think about it i didn't get any screws that were not flathead and i cant even see where i would use non flathead screws since all the screw holes are designed to be flush once screws are added,hrmm

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1126 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 16:20:19 »

Are you sure you are using the right screws ? They should be super short flat head fillip screws. Thats what mine came with anyhow. It would be strange it you were shipped a different set of screws. Now that i think about it i didn't get any screws that were not flathead and i cant even see where i would use non flathead screws since all the screw holes are designed to be flush once screws are added,hrmm

The screws you are talking about are the ones that do not work, yes the ones that came with the board and the badge.  Once I removed them one time, they wouldn't go back in.  The ones you see in my pic are ones I had laying around that held.

« Last Edit: Thu, 16 November 2017, 16:26:29 by reececonrad »

Offline Metalhead

« Reply #1127 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 18:16:26 »
Sent an email to you about my order (E47),
 Kuang.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1128 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 19:23:28 »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1129 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 20:38:37 »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1130 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 23:11:46 »

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1131 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 01:18:02 »
https://imgur.com/a/Lnm4X

Finally typing on this keyboard, in short it definitely feels end game level. It reminds me a lot of the TX1800 I had in type feel, which isn't surprising considering it is also a tray mount keyboard.

It needs a matching numpad, but I don't think I'd want to dance with Exclusive again. Maybe if they were taking orders directly...

Offline Oscar2177

« Reply #1132 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 01:21:08 »

Finally typing on this keyboard, in short it definitely feels end game level. It reminds me a lot of the TX1800 I had in type feel, which isn't surprising considering it is also a tray mount keyboard.

It needs a matching numpad, but I don't think I'd want to dance with Exclusive again. Maybe if they were taking orders directly...

Did you order every single color for the name plate? :eek: :eek:

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1133 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 01:28:46 »

Did you order every single color for the name plate? :eek: :eek:

I did, including brass and MAO. I figured if I decided to sell down the road, it would make the offering more attractive. It was hard not to when they were offering the blanks for $4/pc.

Offline jyh

« Reply #1134 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 01:43:45 »
When can I expect extras to be up for sale?

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1135 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 01:54:05 »

I would e-mail Kuang at eteam@kuang2.net ASAP.

Offline jyh

« Reply #1136 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 05:12:57 »

I would e-mail Kuang at eteam@kuang2.net ASAP.

Done, thanks for the heads up.

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #1137 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 09:33:56 »
How long did it take for the US orders to get delivered? It has been a week and mine is still being processed through VN, Hanoi...
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1138 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 10:42:06 »
10 days or so

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #1139 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 22:14:58 »
i'm sure he's learned a great deal from this GB alone. plus kuang will be directly involved in future GBs starting from the E6, and he is nothing less than a pro in my opinion

It has been a week and mine is still being processed through VN, Hanoi...
unlucky..

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1140 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 22:44:05 »
i'm sure he's learned a great deal from this GB alone. plus kuang will be directly involved in future GBs starting from the E6, and he is nothing less than a pro in my opinion

i'll wait to see how the e6 are shipped before casting judgement

exclusive's track record with shipping isn't exactly stellar
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 November 2017, 22:45:47 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline cissfoxx

« Reply #1141 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 23:42:58 »
How long did it take for the US orders to get delivered? It has been a week and mine is still being processed through VN, Hanoi...
I've had instances of stuff being delivered by DHL while the status still says it was in the country of origin if that relieves you of any stress :/

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #1142 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 11:41:14 »
Can anyone comment on anode quality? Comparable to something smooth like the AEK64 or Revo RJ? Or more rough like duck?

Offline alveeno

« Reply #1143 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 12:02:14 »
Can anyone comment on anode quality? Comparable to something smooth like the AEK64 or Revo RJ? Or more rough like duck?

Pretty decent quality IMO. I would say more smooth than Duck. I don't remember my Duck keyboard's quality very well, though.
The blue color isn't the shade of blue that I wanted, might get it cerakoted.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1144 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 13:24:09 »
I'm not sure why surface texture smoothness is an indicator of quality.  My LZ-GH had a very textured surface which was of very high quality.  My cheap TEX 60% case had a very smooth texture and finish.  Surface texture is subject to finishing type and preference on the part of GB runner, and it can be made smoother (finer texture) or more textured (larger size texture) based on what's requested and done.

Quality indicators are more like uniformity of the dye/color, uniformity of finish texture across the pieces, thick enough anodized layer for greater durability, and of course very neatly machined parts with appropriate dimensions everywhere.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 November 2017, 13:26:50 by Photoelectric »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1145 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 15:43:11 »
I'm not sure why surface texture smoothness is an indicator of quality.  My LZ-GH had a very textured surface which was of very high quality.  My cheap TEX 60% case had a very smooth texture and finish.  Surface texture is subject to finishing type and preference on the part of GB runner, and it can be made smoother (finer texture) or more textured (larger size texture) based on what's requested and done.

Quality indicators are more like uniformity of the dye/color, uniformity of finish texture across the pieces, thick enough anodized layer for greater durability, and of course very neatly machined parts with appropriate dimensions everywhere.

yeah but if the board feels like **** people will complain

this issue is present on some duck boards
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1146 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 15:49:12 »
Got mine finished today. Nice build.  I'll have to upload pictures sometime later b/c I'm headed out of town.  I didn't have any issues with the PCB.  I did notice that I shocked myself on the case and it rebooted the keyboard one time.  It could have been static shock I suppose.  I think the usb port touches the case just slightly.  That makes sense, right?

Anyway, very nice board.  I really like the bootmapper client software too.  I have 67g zealios in mine and I love the typing sound.  I ended up keeping penumbra on it, but I'll probably switch back and forth between that and hyperfuse.  Since this is my first top mounted board, I was curious to know if I could tell a difference from tray mount.  Yep, it's slight, but it does sound a lot nicer.

I did have one non E8-V1 related problem and I just thought I would mention it here.  I might make a post about it in the keycaps section as well.

I ordered some ePBT purple on beige keycaps to go on this board.  It looked perfect.  It would have been the dream.  However, I simply could not use those caps with cherry stabilizers. My best guess is that the purple set is a bit more shrunken from the molding process.  It definitely fits very tight on the stems.  I tried and tried all of the stablizers I had, but couldn't find a set that didn't feel like they were binding.  Long story short, it was the ePBT caps. I've experience similar issues with some pbt caps (industrial) from Signiture Plastics that were about 1mm off spec from stem center to stem center.  It pulls the stabilizers inward and makes them bind.   I will have to use the purple on beige set on a costar mount board, as they work fine there.  Boo.  I have a red on beige ePBT set that doesn't have this problem.

Oh well... Laser will look amazing on this keyboard some time down the road too.

Offline alveeno

« Reply #1147 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 19:34:06 »
Got mine finished today. Nice build.  I'll have to upload pictures sometime later b/c I'm headed out of town.  I didn't have any issues with the PCB.  I did notice that I shocked myself on the case and it rebooted the keyboard one time.  It could have been static shock I suppose.  I think the usb port touches the case just slightly.  That makes sense, right?

Anyway, very nice board.  I really like the bootmapper client software too.  I have 67g zealios in mine and I love the typing sound.  I ended up keeping penumbra on it, but I'll probably switch back and forth between that and hyperfuse.  Since this is my first top mounted board, I was curious to know if I could tell a difference from tray mount.  Yep, it's slight, but it does sound a lot nicer.

I did have one non E8-V1 related problem and I just thought I would mention it here.  I might make a post about it in the keycaps section as well.

I ordered some ePBT purple on beige keycaps to go on this board.  It looked perfect.  It would have been the dream.  However, I simply could not use those caps with cherry stabilizers. My best guess is that the purple set is a bit more shrunken from the molding process.  It definitely fits very tight on the stems.  I tried and tried all of the stablizers I had, but couldn't find a set that didn't feel like they were binding.  Long story short, it was the ePBT caps. I've experience similar issues with some pbt caps (industrial) from Signiture Plastics that were about 1mm off spec from stem center to stem center.  It pulls the stabilizers inward and makes them bind.   I will have to use the purple on beige set on a costar mount board, as they work fine there.  Boo.  I have a red on beige ePBT set that doesn't have this problem.

Oh well... Laser will look amazing on this keyboard some time down the road too.

You don't have any pcb issues? What happens if you turn off your computer with RGB sideglow on?

My rgb sideglow stays on once I turn off my computer.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1148 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 19:48:15 »
I also got mine today. I'm not going to lie... the quality of the anodizing and machining has exceeded my expectations. I wish there was a cleaner connection to the piece for the anodizing electrode that isn't on the visible outside holes... but everything else is fantastic.

Potato shots until i get to make a build-log:

-Dana

Offline Faux

« Reply #1149 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 20:30:28 »
Has anyone gotten a response recently from Kuang? I haven't heard back from him in a couple of days about my order...