Author Topic: [GB] E8-V1 Custom TKL - SORTING THE BOARDS  (Read 570006 times)

Offline TerryMathews

Re: [GB] E8-V1 Custom TKL - SORTING THE BOARDS
« Reply #1250 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 09:11:28 »
Hi guys,

I would like to sincerely sorry for not completing the E8-V1 in the promised timeline. As I mentioned in the first place, I can’t dedicate full time to sorting and shipping and it’s end of year, my busiest time of the year. Moreover, my Paypal account is having some problem. Though I tried to contact Paypal, it hasn’t been solved yet. I will resume shipping in the first week of Jan 2018. Exclusive has started shipping out E6-V2 as well.

So on behalf of E-Team, we hope you enjoyed your time with friends and family during Christmas and wish you all the best in the upcoming year. We do hope that you guys will support us in the upcoming projects too.

:thumb:

Delays are unfortunate, but thank for you being responsible and at least apprising everyone of the current situation.

Offline Vloshko

« Reply #1251 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 20:43:14 »
Luckily, I just got off the phone with PayPal after trying since Friday, and they have agreed to keep the investigation open.  The invoice states that what was sold was "E8-V1 Group Buy," I think that might help.  Looks like I will be collecting messages and reaching out to Kuang2. 

If nothing else, I am a little less stressed at the moment.

I would link this thread to the person you sold the board to and give them Kuangs information.
Keycap Compendium

Discord: Vloshko#1327

Key Cap Wishlist

2019: Configure Optimal Audio Settings

HHKB Pro 2, Model M, Unicorn X Legend, ESPECTRO 96, SaiB CP, E8-V1.

Offline Vloshko

Keycap Compendium

Discord: Vloshko#1327

Key Cap Wishlist

2019: Configure Optimal Audio Settings

HHKB Pro 2, Model M, Unicorn X Legend, ESPECTRO 96, SaiB CP, E8-V1.

Offline alveeno

« Reply #1253 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 22:26:50 »
https://imgur.com/gallery/b59o5

https://imgur.com/gallery/IZKBP

Wow, you have the same combo as me except Dark Blue top. Wish I got that. My Blue is more cyan-esque.

Offline kuang2

« Reply #1254 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 02:04:47 »
today task list:
- check all previous post in this thread
- check all Private messages
- check all unread emails
- sorting order ID E45, E87, E53, E76, take picture and send email to that owners.

see you this night.

and Happy New Year !!!!!!!!

Offline Enz0man

« Reply #1255 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 11:37:50 »
today task list:
- sorting order ID E45, E87, E53, E76, take picture and send email to that owners.

see you this night.

Happy new year kuang! Can't wait for this to start rolling again. Hope everyone receives theirs soon  :D

Offline Panzerhawx

• Endgame is a lie. You just end up buying more.
    • cartel
« Reply #1256 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 03:11:04 »
What about the other orders? Been sending you emails for a while now - no response.

today task list:

see you this night.

Offline PurpleURP

« Reply #1257 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 12:54:18 »
Has anyone finished more boards? I'd love to see more photos! Anyway, here's a Holtite update for you:

All around they fit great. The LED ones are a super tight fit, but easy to install if you know what you're doing (still somewhat of a pain, book on tape meditation go!). The Switch version sit in there damn well too. I'll be taking some macro shots, later today and will update this post with pictures. Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/kWovE

Yes, yes, I know I need a legitimate macro lens, I'm working on getting one. This is the best I can do with the stock lens at the moment.

I'm thinking about doing holtites on my second pcb.  Question: how do you keep the pcb floating above the bottom case when there are no stand offs with a plate attached board?

Offline japanitrat

« Reply #1258 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 15:21:04 »
Has anyone finished more boards? I'd love to see more photos! Anyway, here's a Holtite update for you:

All around they fit great. The LED ones are a super tight fit, but easy to install if you know what you're doing (still somewhat of a pain, book on tape meditation go!). The Switch version sit in there damn well too. I'll be taking some macro shots, later today and will update this post with pictures. Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/kWovE

Yes, yes, I know I need a legitimate macro lens, I'm working on getting one. This is the best I can do with the stock lens at the moment.

I'm thinking about doing holtites on my second pcb.  Question: how do you keep the pcb floating above the bottom case when there are no stand offs with a plate attached board?

The "grip" of the Holtites on the switches are enough to keep the PCB floating.
On that note: I also added Holtites to my PCB but most of them don't fit tight enough. I'll have to solder them.

Edit: formatting.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 January 2018, 15:22:36 by japanitrat »

Offline cissfoxx

« Reply #1259 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 02:10:00 »
Just got my board! Does anyone know if we were supposed to have received a cable with our boards? I remember there were two options about a detachable and non detachable cable. I guess it wasn't clear if we were supposed to receive a cable if we chose the detachable version.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #1260 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 04:43:25 »
free coiled cable only if you choose non-detachable

Offline mmdango

« Reply #1261 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 13:10:09 »
Did anyone else receive stickers for their stabilizers? I've never seen or heard of stickers for stabilizers and was wondering if anyone could point to me to a guide or image on how to install them. I attempted to google it, but only found results for switch stickers :/

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1262 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 14:21:39 »
Did anyone else receive stickers for their stabilizers? I've never seen or heard of stickers for stabilizers and was wondering if anyone could point to me to a guide or image on how to install them. I attempted to google it, but only found results for switch stickers :/

I usually put electrical tape under mine.  I don't know that it does much, but it makes me feel like I've accomplished something.  lol

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1263 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 20:09:38 »
I put hockey stick tape under any PCB mount stabs.
-Dana

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #1264 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 09:42:12 »
Sorry haven't been following this GB closely, but are there any extras? Love the layout. Very avant garde WKL

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #1265 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 19:52:34 »
Sorry haven't been following this GB closely, but are there any extras? Love the layout. Very avant garde WKL
Sry there is no extra ,you may buy from other orders

Offline mniels

« Reply #1266 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 20:03:28 »
Sry there is no extra ,you may buy from other orders

I will be selling mine.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1267 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 19:56:28 »
Hey kuang2, any update as to where we are right now?

Offline mniels

« Reply #1268 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 15:28:21 »
MOD EDIT:  Quote removed
There are not any spots, but I have a gray one coming with a blue plate if you are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 January 2018, 23:30:31 by ghostjuggernaut »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1269 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 16:21:56 »
anyone wants to sell a blue one, or is there a spot left for a blue one ?
There are not any spots, but I have a gray one coming with a blue plate if you are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brother! Same here. Good taste ;)

Offline kuang2

« Reply #1270 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 10:29:01 »
just small update https://imgur.com/a/yuBy8

i'm very busy this time, as New Chinese Year is coming in Viet Nam and China. and I'm really really stress on sorting E8-V1. I already paid about more than 2000$ for shipping by myself, then paypal hold all my money (and my friend money too - as I use my friend's account for invoice to you). PP keep reviewings our document for more than 2 months and even do not let me check my account now. 

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1271 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 17:32:35 »

i'm very busy this time, as New Chinese Year is coming in Viet Nam and China. and I'm really really stress on sorting E8-V1. I already paid about more than 2000$ for shipping by myself, then paypal hold all my money (and my friend money too - as I use my friend's account for invoice to you). PP keep reviewings our document for more than 2 months and even do not let me check my account now.

Thanks for the update kuang2.

I see in the Google sheet that mine (E6) is still listed as "Not Sort / No Address". I sent you an email a while back with my address. Is this spreadsheet still being used for updates?
Also, should I email you (eteam@kuang2.net) again to provide my address and willingness to pay for shipping?

Link to above mentioned google sheet for others that may not be able to find it:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14lYDVr2Y6TSb7o_OJVbKxBEAn1Ct7PbE8NZRSLaID6Y/edit#gid=0

Offline Gajible

« Reply #1272 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 18:21:49 »

Thanks for the update kuang2.

I see in the Google sheet that mine (E6) is still listed as "Not Sort / No Address". I sent you an email a while back with my address. Is this spreadsheet still being used for updates?
Also, should I email you (eteam@kuang2.net) again to provide my address and willingness to pay for shipping?

Link to above mentioned google sheet for others that may not be able to find it:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14lYDVr2Y6TSb7o_OJVbKxBEAn1Ct7PbE8NZRSLaID6Y/edit#gid=0

My question is the same. I sent two emails regarding willingness to pay for shipping, with my address. Would you like another, or will you be getting to the older emails? Happy to resend it if needed! Thanks Kuang!

Offline skycham

« Reply #1273 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 12:38:47 »
I've seen many gb runners had problems with Paypal. Is there any other payment methods?

Offline Tally810

« Reply #1274 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 12:43:53 »
I've seen many gb runners had problems with Paypal. Is there any other payment methods?
From what I've heard asian group buys usually use MoneyGram.  However they offer no buyer protection.  Stripe is an option but I don't know much about them other than they do offer buyer protection

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1275 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 15:29:44 »
From what I've heard asian group buys usually use MoneyGram.  However they offer no buyer protection.  Stripe is an option but I don't know much about them other than they do offer buyer protection

there are no good options that offer protections like paypal

korean GBs just use bank transfer, and chinese GBs are usually done with moneygram, like tally mentioned.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1276 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 23:29:23 »

I used stripe with CMYK and it all went smoothly.  The only issue with strip is that its not so much a platform as an API.  You basically have to have a way to host the payment platform such as a checkout.

Offline odd

« Reply #1277 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 14:34:57 »

has anyone gotten their free cable? I didnt get mine when I got my board I was just happy to get my board. This post reminded me about the free cable

Offline Gajible

« Reply #1278 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 15:44:50 »

has anyone gotten their free cable? I didnt get mine when I got my board I was just happy to get my board. This post reminded me about the free cable

The free cable came with the non-detachable boards, as far as I know.  :thumb:

Offline balotelli00

« Reply #1279 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 23:30:16 »
Hello Kuang2,

Any updates?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1280 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 08:40:53 »
Why has E6-V2 made more progress than E8-V1 despite starting 5 months later?

Kuang2, can we please get an update as to where we stand with shipping? I see that you'e frequently been active on here but you don't respond to us. Sent you another email.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1281 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 11:27:22 »

Kuang2, can we please get an update as to where we stand with shipping? I see that you'e frequently been active on here but you don't respond to us. Sent you another email.

Starting later is the answer as well unfortunately. Thanks to E8, Exclusive figured out that jhoang was dead or a sack of **** before E6 got very far and took the buy over. E8 had been produced and shipped by that time.

I don't think that excuses Kuang, but OTOH he doesn't really owe you anything unless you've paid him.

It's a ****ty situation all around.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1282 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 11:42:18 »

Starting later is the answer as well unfortunately. Thanks to E8, Exclusive figured out that jhoang was dead or a sack of **** before E6 got very far and took the buy over. E8 had been produced and shipped by that time.

I don't think that excuses Kuang, but OTOH he doesn't really owe you anything unless you've paid him.

It's a ****ty situation all around.

I've emailed him and messaged him saying that I'm willing to pay for shipping again. But I never get a response. Aside from today, the last time I emailed him was December.

Offline Panzerhawx

• Endgame is a lie. You just end up buying more.
    • cartel
« Reply #1283 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 12:51:35 »
Let's hope he picks up the pace with shipping out the boards, once the Chinese New Year is over.

Offline mniels

« Reply #1284 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 16:00:57 »
Let's hope he picks up the pace with shipping out the boards, once the Chinese New Year is over.

He actually has mine to ship, but not the whole order.  I had extra pcb and plate, plus extra name plates, he almost just shipped me only the base, one plate, and one PCB.  Luckily I caught it when I looked at the photos.  No idea when the rest will be there.

Offline kuang2

« Reply #1285 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 10:24:04 »

My New Year holidays end today. Just some update: https://imgur.com/a/yuBy8 (you can check the album everyday, cause I will take more picture)

to Panzerhawx: your keyboard already reach HK. Will call you for delivery.

Best wishes to all of you on New Year of Dog

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1286 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 10:32:12 »
Thanks for the update kuang2. Can you respond to my email(s) about paying for shipping?

Offline JDragon

« Reply #1287 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 13:19:05 »
Did anyone get an extra rose gold name plate? Mine was missing, willing to trade another color for it if you have one (I got one of each color).

Offline kuang2

« Reply #1288 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 07:38:55 »
Did anyone get an extra rose gold name plate? Mine was missing, willing to trade another color for it if you have one (I got one of each color).

i still have some

Offline JDragon

« Reply #1289 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 15:49:25 »

i still have some

Thank you, I sent an e-mail.

Offline mmdango

« Reply #1290 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 17:52:45 »
Did anyone else buy tuned Vintage blacks from Kuang? What is your experience with them?

I'm finding them to be a lot more scratchy than my other Vintage Blacks. I am using SA caps for the first time, so maybe they're contributing to that, but not sure. Anyone else?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1291 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 18:31:43 »
Did anyone else buy tuned Vintage blacks from Kuang? What is your experience with them?

I'm finding them to be a lot more scratchy than my other Vintage Blacks. I am using SA caps for the first time, so maybe they're contributing to that, but not sure. Anyone else?

vintage blacks are pretty inconsistent, good ones are great, but bad ones are BAD
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #1292 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 22:02:26 »

Mine were really good and smooth.
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline Metalhead

« Reply #1293 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 13:51:45 »
I still have not heard back from Kuang2 about my order E47 is it  being shipped out soon?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1294 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 14:16:40 »
I still have not heard back from Kuang2 about my order E47 is it  being shipped out soon?

Looks like you're marked as "Not Sort / w/Address" so probably soon *crosses fingers*

That's further than I've gotten with E6 =/

Offline kuang2

« Reply #1295 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 06:58:24 »
Hello,

Long time no update to you. Today I finish to sort all the keyboard as your order. then engrave workshop make a big fail to me:

but I can happy to tell you that now I can ship any order in about 2-3 days, due to waiting for engrave new nameplate as your order.

to mmdango: i will email my proxy in US, i'm happy to refund all the switches that you feel not good. Feel free to email me about that.

Offline gt1989

« Reply #1296 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 08:09:53 »
Hello,

Long time no update to you. Today I finish to sort all the keyboard as your order. then engrave workshop make a big fail to me:

Show Image

but I can happy to tell you that now I can ship any order in about 2-3 days, due to waiting for engrave new nameplate as your order.

to mmdango: i will email my proxy in US, i'm happy to refund all the switches that you feel not good. Feel free to email me about that.
Is it possible to get blank nameplates instead of what I had originally ordered for my engraving?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1297 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 09:21:00 »
Hello,

Show Image

Oh man.  That is sad and funny at the same time. 

¡ǝɔuo ǝʌɐɹƃuǝ 'ǝɔᴉʍʇ ʞɔǝɥɔ

Offline Gajible

« Reply #1298 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 03:01:09 »
If it isn't too late, I'd like to request that one of my nameplates be left blank as well. If that's at all possible at this point.

Offline balotelli00

« Reply #1299 on: Sun, 25 March 2018, 06:16:56 »
Hello,

Show Image

Hello Kuang2,

Any updates?