Author Topic: My desk...  (Read 6758 times)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
My desk...
« on: Mon, 24 July 2023, 04:18:17 »
I have a problem.
I think.
I mean my missus says I have...
I cannot use same desk for a longer period, like more than few years I get bored and need to change it. I get bored to the point I cannot look at it and have to change it. In last 15 years I think I had 5 or 6 desks. Now I want a new one :(

Do you guys have similar problems?

Most of the time, I'm bored of the actual color of the desktop. Right now I have white one, before I had wood effect, or actual real wood desk.
Now I want a nice dark wood desk, like retro style, "Witcher" style as I like to call it :)
My small PC room was redecorated in white 5 years ago, all walls are white with dark brown wood effect floor. So I got real wood small desk, but after 2 years I decided to change it to bigger one, with shelves column next to it. Both white from Ikea. Now I want to make it retro and dark wood. I would love to have that retro - recycled/reclaimed wood desktop made to order, but these are expensive for some reason (I mean its reclaimed scuffolding desks, what the hell?!).
What should I do?
What kind of desks do you guys have? Share photos:) I may find new inspiration! :D
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 July 2023, 04:23:29 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: My desk...
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 July 2023, 06:21:29 »
Maybe you can go to a neutral light grey desk, then use a $50 led projector to cast different colors/textures.  So you can switch desktop backgrounds instead of buying new desks.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 July 2023, 07:08:05 »
Maybe you can go to a neutral light grey desk, then use a $50 led projector to cast different colors/textures.  So you can switch desktop backgrounds instead of buying new desks.

TP, your technology ideas - priceless  ;)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 July 2023, 09:34:26 »

I have used the same desk for about 30 years. It has followed me through 3 moves and is beastly heavy.

It is a solid walnut desk that my father bought for his office in the mid-1950s.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline phinix

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 24 July 2023, 11:24:37 »

I have used the same desk for about 30 years. It has followed me through 3 moves and is beastly heavy.

It is a solid walnut desk that my father bought for his office in the mid-1950s.

OK... now you HAVE TO show me it, please take a photo  :)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 24 July 2023, 17:57:44 »

please take a photo

It is actually very simple and plain, "mid-century modern"

There ae countless objects on it, the F-122 keyboard and dual monitors are only part of it, and it is blocked on 2 sides by furniture and wall. When I do a long-overdue clean-up I will take a picture.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline phinix

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 24 July 2023, 18:00:03 »

please take a photo

It is actually very simple and plain, "mid-century modern"

There ae countless objects on it, the F-122 keyboard and dual monitors are only part of it, and it is blocked on 2 sides by furniture and wall. When I do a long-overdue clean-up I will take a picture.

To be honest, now with all those stuff on it, its even more interesting.
Of course, if you prefer to clean up its ok, but I would love to see it even blocked with stuff :)