Author Topic: [Status Update] Starry Night DSA  (Read 59801 times)

Offline bhgemini

Got an update from AL. Starry Night R2 now allegedly late May 2019
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 04 May 2019, 12:24:41 »

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (11277) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.
Alex Lin (zFrontier)
Apr 30, 00:03 PDT
Hi *********,

Again, we apologize for the long wait on the Starry Night keycaps.

Keyreative is still working on them and will finish production in late May. Once we receive them, we will set out for shipping immediately.

Best,

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
I honestly believe that after the first delay, that Alex Lin's business model is now just a Ponze scheme that got out of hand. He and zfrontier have no intention of delivering product and just keep loading up on GBs. With 33 open GBs, no delivery, no response to refund requests, and stringing everyone on delays until after Paypal's 180 day dispute, then radio silence. I went back and looked at responses from their support and sure enough, responses up until about 190 days after I paid, then nothing.
I've now sent an email every week, and even made sure it is short and sweet for the translation in their office. Things like 'Update of Order #XXXXXXXXX' and now just 'Refund on Order #XXXXXXXXX' and still no response.

They should be banned from all MKB GBs and sites going forward.

If you paid using a credit card, a lot of vendors will open disputes on your behalf even after Paypal's 180 day window. I did it and got a refund the same week. I'd urge people in this GB to pursue that option.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline bhgemini

Re: [Status Update] Starry Night DSA
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 18:14:13 »
I honestly believe that after the first delay, that Alex Lin's business model is now just a Ponze scheme that got out of hand. He and zfrontier have no intention of delivering product and just keep loading up on GBs. With 33 open GBs, no delivery, no response to refund requests, and stringing everyone on delays until after Paypal's 180 day dispute, then radio silence. I went back and looked at responses from their support and sure enough, responses up until about 190 days after I paid, then nothing.
I've now sent an email every week, and even made sure it is short and sweet for the translation in their office. Things like 'Update of Order #XXXXXXXXX' and now just 'Refund on Order #XXXXXXXXX' and still no response.

They should be banned from all MKB GBs and sites going forward.

If you paid using a credit card, a lot of vendors will open disputes on your behalf even after Paypal's 180 day window. I did it and got a refund the same week. I'd urge people in this GB to pursue that option.

Thank you. I'll try and see which card I used with this paypal and request if they don't ship in the next few weeks.

Offline bball2

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 14:49:54 »
New project update:

https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/project-updates-may-27-2019

Starry night says Mid June, so... maybe a small chance it ships out in 2019?

Offline Ajax

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 23 June 2019, 21:52:36 »
HI,

This is Alex from zFrontier and we would like you to know that Starry Night R2 is finally shipping.

We just finished shipping out all the Chinese orders today and will proceed to ship all international orders next week.

Let me know if you need to update your shipping info.

Sorry for the long wait and thank you for your support!

Best,

Received that email three days ago; looks like they'll be shipping soon!

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 01:15:26 »
Yep, also got the email. Disappointed it's taken this long, but glad I didn't cancel/try to get a refund.

Offline Aozora9

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 14:09:39 »
Got it delivered today.

As an apology for the delay, they shipped two copies of my order

Offline azachhh

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 21:21:08 »
Got it delivered today.

As an apology for the delay, they shipped two copies of my order

Show Image

Same! A pleasant surprise.

Offline bball2

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 15:45:15 »
Got my set as well, long wait, but really liking how the keycaps look  :thumb:

Offline bball2

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 01 July 2019, 17:28:44 »

Offline jazzjarred

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 04:49:13 »
Sent you a pm bball2.

I'm also looking to trade my spare kits:
Classic Font / Icon Modifier / Default kit (104 keys)
Classic Font / Icon Modifier / Planck add on kit
Novelty kit 1u
Novelty kit 1u-B
Novelty kit (blue)
Novelty kit (yellow)

Interested in trading for the White Novelty kit and WKL icon kit if anyone has them.

Offline mrvco

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 13:54:00 »
Just in case anyone is still around... I’m looking for the R3 Starry Night 60%+ base kit.  I’d also be interested in Yellow KIT2, Icon Kit 1U-B and Mac Kit B (icon).