Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2626026 times)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #1750 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 20:04:39 »
The zowie feels much better than my previous razer ones, much recommend  :thumb:

Thank you!

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #1751 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 20:27:49 »
The zowie feels much better than my previous razer ones, much recommend  :thumb:

What o_O

not bashing on razer, just personal preference  :p

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1752 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 20:32:11 »

What o_O

not bashing on razer, just personal preference  :p

Hmm I've always wanted to try a zowie but their DPI is so low.

As for Razer I don't like them, it's just that mice are the only good things they make.
I love Elzy

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #1753 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 21:25:02 »
As for Razer I don't like them, it's just that mice are the only good things they make.

2K+ CPI ain't enough?! get outta here

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1754 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 21:29:04 »

I don't think you understand...

Back on topic though all hail topper
I love Elzy

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1755 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 22:27:33 »
58427-0
58429-1

I have been out of work for only a week and I have completely taken a part and replaced every fan in my chassis, my girls, and my mother's for better and optimal air flow.

Now I keep on switching around the key caps I have bought over the past 4 months.
Leopold FC660C- Realforce 87u 55g- QFR mx Blues

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1756 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 22:36:32 »

Show Image

I do have to agree that I do like to have the option for more CPI and other things among it, but I also only use a high setting of 2500 and it varies from which application and game I may or may not be running. I am currently still using the Logitech G602 and it is one of the best mice I have used  and I own a DA 2013, CM Spawn, and finally a Logitech G400s. I just realized this was ended though and did not feel like deleting my post, apologies
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 March 2014, 22:38:14 by Travellerr »
Leopold FC660C- Realforce 87u 55g- QFR mx Blues

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #1757 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 05:00:13 »
Show Image

FC660C All 45G, Dental Banded, Krytox Lubed, Realforce Keyset.

Looking so sick Dustin, love the KBK's!

Show Image

You know Sifo ;) g9x is awesome.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

I have been out of work for only a week and I have completely taken a part and replaced every fan in my chassis, my girls, and my mother's for better and optimal air flow.

Now I keep on switching around the key caps I have bought over the past 4 months.

Those blank red Topres are so nice. I must find a set.

The return to black caps.

Show Image

Awesome board naasfu, you almost have a whole row of clacks, epic!

Offline chibishin

• sittin around all day listening to classical music
« Reply #1758 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 15:17:47 »
Current setup

just need to pick up a set of red and yellow, and I'll be a happy camper; probably do a really loud and irritating pattern.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #1759 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 15:30:53 »
Current setup

Show Image

just need to pick up a set of red and yellow, and I'll be a happy camper; probably do a really loud and irritating pattern.

My eyes...they burn!

JK...your board looks like a 1980s throwback. I like it.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1760 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 16:03:45 »
Current setup

Show Image

Whoa welcome to GH sir! A fellow Topre user and has most the keycap discontinued sets!!!!   :eek:

Offline chibishin

« Reply #1761 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 17:14:30 »
Current setup

Show Image

Whoa welcome to GH sir! A fellow Topre user and has most the keycap discontinued sets!!!!   :eek:

Thank you, and I was luckily able to clear out some stock, but it's looking like any other variants are next to impossible to find, at least without paying an arm and a leg.

Current setup

Show Image

My eyes...they burn!

JK...your board looks like a 1980s throwback. I like it.

Thanks, I definitely like the neon plastic fantastic vibe it's got going on.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #1762 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 17:31:11 »
Current setup

Show Image

Hmm, ever consider a Rainbow?  [This is just an example, and I know it's a Cherry MX keyboard.]

Or, just go full unicorn like me:

I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1763 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 17:32:05 »
Current setup

Show Image

Hmm, ever consider a Rainbow?  [This is just an example, and I know it's a Cherry MX keyboard.]

Show Image

Show Image

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT
I love Elzy

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1764 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 18:08:28 »
Current setup

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

well now i know why i cant seem to find a pink topre cc.... eth0s has them all  :eek:
sell out and eat ass

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1765 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 18:12:35 »
Current setup

Show Image

That's fantastic!

Could do with a bit more yellow though ;)

Show Image

Wish I could go full unicorn like that :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #1766 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 18:22:27 »
Current setup

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I hate this world...
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1767 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 19:13:00 »
Current setup

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I hate this world...

We have a thread for that:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45955.0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline chibishin

« Reply #1768 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 07:10:10 »
Current setup

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Do you have a source for colored PBT Blanks that'll fit a Topre board? I've seen some talk of using sliders with MX caps but nobody appears to be mass producing them, yet.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1769 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 07:14:12 »
Show Image

WOW GOOD LOOKIN OUT BREH
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1770 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 00:04:33 »

Finally got a hhkb! :D

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1771 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 00:06:19 »
Yay cody.. CTRL ALT has just been hyper spaced!

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1772 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 01:33:02 »
Show Image

Nice Cody, welcome to the club. Love the keys on your poker as well.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #1773 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 03:06:51 »
Show Image

I don't have a topre board yet, but this .gif is good for moments like these.

Offline acsim

« Reply #1774 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 04:09:01 »
Got my non-printed white HHKB this morning!!! I am complete!!

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1775 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 04:09:30 »
Got my non-printed white HHKB this morning!!! I am complete!!

Congrats man. :)
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #1776 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 08:38:10 »
Lots of HHKB love today :D

Offline Dyslexic

• All we love we leave behind
« Reply #1777 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 10:24:43 »
My topre project is finally complete, got the two clacks I wanted for my ins/del cluster care of Slip84 and Riotonthebay. Blank FC660C from EK, Cable c/o Mimic Cables and the wrist rest purchased from Mechanicalkeyboards.com :thumb:

« Last Edit: Tue, 25 March 2014, 10:26:49 by Dyslexic »
| HHKB Type-S | FC660C Silenced | ReΛlforce 23UB

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #1778 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 11:59:08 »
My topre project is finally complete, got the two clacks I wanted for my ins/del cluster care of Slip84 and Riotonthebay. Blank FC660C from EK, Cable c/o Mimic Cables and the wrist rest purchased from Mechanicalkeyboards.com :thumb:

Congrats! Are those the turquoise blanks from gasmask?
ReΛlforce 87U (55g)   Leopold FC660C (Silenced/Lubed)   Leopold 210TP MX Red   Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja MX Brown

Offline Dyslexic

« Reply #1779 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 12:05:49 »
Indeed they are. I was hoping to snag 4 more on the classifieds yesterday but was beaten to the punch.

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #1780 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 12:21:03 »
Indeed they are. I was hoping to snag 4 more on the classifieds yesterday but was beaten to the punch.

Oh ... sorry that was me lol  :-[. I was just curious because I plan to put them on my Leo as well.
ReΛlforce 87U (55g)   Leopold FC660C (Silenced/Lubed)   Leopold 210TP MX Red   Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja MX Brown

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #1781 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 12:27:43 »
Mine won't look as nearly as good as yours though. I have all printed caps unfortunately.

Offline Dyslexic

« Reply #1782 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 12:47:28 »
Well, I'm also in Ottawa so if you decide to sell I'll pay what you did for them less shipping. I can drive to you. ;) haha

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #1783 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 12:52:56 »
Well, I'm also in Ottawa so if you decide to sell I'll pay what you did for them less shipping. I can drive to you. ;) haha

Haha no way! That's cool. I'll see how it fits on my Leo. It may or may not work with my pink printed caps.  :rolleyes:

Offline Dyslexic

« Reply #1784 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 12:54:55 »

Haha no way! That's cool. I'll see how it fits on my Leo. It may or may not work with my pink printed caps.  :rolleyes:

Well, you have a quick and easy sale if you end up with buyer's remorse. Leo really need to offer up the blank FC660C keycaps separately.

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #1785 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 13:02:37 »

Well, you have a quick and easy sale if you end up with buyer's remorse. Leo really need to offer up the blank FC660C keycaps separately.

Okay, I will let you know. I'll post the pics here for all to see! I agree, they really do need to have a blank set sold separately.  :(

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1786 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 16:19:29 »

You and I must have similar taste  :thumb: (just a quick potato pic)
58727-0

Offline Dyslexic

« Reply #1787 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 16:23:17 »

You and I must have similar taste  :thumb: (just a quick potato pic)
(Attachment Link)

A man after my own heart. :) haha. Very very nice setup. Love the pink arrow cluster.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1788 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 16:27:22 »
Thanks, the pink caps are a really nice colour in person.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1789 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 15:03:36 »
Cody! Welcome to the club!

Dyslexic, nice candy corn!! ;)

Offline Dyslexic

« Reply #1790 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 15:25:58 »
Cody! Welcome to the club!

Dyslexic, nice candy corn!! ;)

Show Image

Thanks dude. :) Your skull is so tempting but $200 is too rich for my blood. If you ever feel like giving to charity you know who to talk to. ;) hahaha. Your pics always have such nice colour coordinated setups. Sad to see you selling off so much or the orange.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1791 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 19:01:25 »
Man it feels weird posting in this thread

My realforce 87U 45g, Cersei

QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #1792 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 19:08:24 »

Show Image

i've seen this picture like 5 times today :p

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1793 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 19:10:11 »

Show Image

I've reposted it a lot.

I think I like Topre now
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #1794 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 19:11:24 »

Show Image

I've reposted it a lot.

I think I like Topre now
:O Does this mean you're going to get rid of some of your mx boards?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1795 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 19:13:22 »

Show Image

I've reposted it a lot.

I think I like Topre now
:O Does this mean you're going to get rid of some of your mx boards?

Not for Topre, but for other MX boards. I'm trying to shift fully in to TKL boards. 60% isn't really my jam anymore. Probably upgrade the Pure Pro to some TKL that isn't a Filco, and maybe get rid of the miniLA for something. I'm really not sure yet.

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #1796 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 19:13:57 »

Nice flipped spacebar. I ended up trying it and fell in love. The angle is much nicer and no longer has a sharp edge (I don't raise my wrists that high while typing).

One thing that bugged me is how out of place the "correct" spacebar looked. To counter this I ended up swapping my whole bottom row. Now the spacebar no longer looks out of place and the other keys actually feel better too. I encourage everyone to try it :thumb:

(Sorry for the ****ty lighting and potato camera)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1797 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 19:15:16 »
I kind of like the way the flipped spacebar looks. That's a very clever idea, though. Looks neat.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1798 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 19:55:40 »
I like the fact that it looks out of place, hah.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1799 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 19:58:56 »

Show Image

you're a man now.

well besides the whole spacebar making you look like a girly man
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.