Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2625873 times)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #7700 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 05:18:29 »
Are those gray topre caps? Where can I get that? DO WANT
off an 87/104u-10th or either version of the 104 pro (pictured is set off the 87u, has numpad sublegends)

Looks really nice.

If only companies made topre caps anymore... besides black and white
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #7701 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 05:20:45 »
Soon I will join you all! :)

Is standard black HHKB allowed here though? Because then... it won't be so soon after all.

I acquired my Type-S a few weeks ago in a trade... and now I have two while my MX boards are making their way to new homes :D

How you like that Type-S? Worth teh moneyz?

If I were in the position to purchase it brand new, I would likely opt for the regular HHKB and maybe silence it with dental bands. In my opinion, I think the regular HHKB "feels" slightly better to type on. In addition, I like the sound of the regular variant more.

That being said, I take my Type-S with me to work and occasionally bring in the regular HHKB due to the noise.

Is the Type-S really more quiet? Or do you think it is negligible?
It's quite a bit quieter, the most drastic change is the spacebar.

Very interesting. For me it's the precise key travel (best way I can describe it) that puts the Type-s over the top, just makes it feel more premium in my opinion. It's gotten so bad that my std. HHKB is now basically an artisan display board :)

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #7702 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 05:26:22 »
Show Image

hi

Perfectly simple. Looks awesome dude!

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7703 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 08:12:10 »

with both a stock HHKB and Type-S side by side...type-s is leagues quieter. In my opinion, the type-s sounds like galloping horses...it's majestic  :cool:

The surface which you have your HHKB seems to make a difference as well...I don't like it on a hard surface, but on a soft surface like a desk mat, it sounds and feels more true to itself.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #7704 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 08:42:33 »

with both a stock HHKB and Type-S side by side...type-s is leagues quieter. In my opinion, the type-s sounds like galloping horses...it's majestic  :cool:

The surface which you have your HHKB seems to make a difference as well...I don't like it on a hard surface, but on a soft surface like a desk mat, it sounds and feels more true to itself.

Nice.. but but it is soo expensive! Pff.. so many boards to buy.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #7705 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 08:44:15 »

Wouldn't the stock HHKB sound more like galloping horses?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7706 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 09:51:16 »
Show Image

hi

Thanks bro. I love one or two (or three in this case) colored caps on a blank board. And booper really out did herself on these. They feel great and their a nice thickness. Plus somebody (besides kk) has finally shown love to control! I need more FNs tho.

Re: hhkb vs type s

If you can afford it, go for it. I personally don't think it's worth the premium.. But maybe I'm going deaf and just don't hear the loudness people talk about on the regular hhkb.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 April 2016, 09:56:42 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #7707 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 10:52:25 »
Show Image

hi

Thanks bro. I love one or two (or three in this case) colored caps on a blank board. And booper really out did herself on these. They feel great and their a nice thickness. Plus somebody (besides kk) has finally shown love to control! I need more FNs tho.

Re: hhkb vs type s

If you can afford it, go for it. I personally don't think it's worth the premium.. But maybe I'm going deaf and just don't hear the loudness people talk about on the regular hhkb.

I think a 87U would be more quiet than the Type-S because it is plate-mounted and thus the plate also absorbs vibration. But I have yet to see a stock silenced 87U 55g or didn't I look around enough?

Offline jerue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7708 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 10:54:40 »

I think a 87U would be more quiet than the Type-S because it is plate-mounted and thus the plate also absorbs vibration. But I have yet to see a stock silenced 87U 55g or didn't I look around enough?

To my knowledge they don't exist in 55g uniform...I would put mine back in its stock case, but then what do I do with this??

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #7709 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 10:56:14 »

To my knowledge they don't exist in 55g uniform...I would put mine back in its stock case, but then what do I do with this??

Show Image

Nice one! Those rubber bands? Or what did you do to that board? Did you paint that case yourself?

Offline jerue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7710 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 10:58:33 »
It's a Graphite Digilog aluminum case. I swapped the regular sliders with the silent purple ones found on the Ducky 104UB 45g uniform (same as variable weight 87u's/104u's), I also lubed them for maximum smoothness  :cool:

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #7711 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 11:28:09 »
It's a Graphite Digilog aluminum case. I swapped the regular sliders with the silent purple ones found on the Ducky 104UB 45g uniform (same as variable weight 87u's/104u's), I also lubed them for maximum smoothness  :cool:

Very very cool. So there are dedicated silent topres? Because I thought Type-S was just regular with a mod..?

Offline grav3serker

• graves + berserker = grav3serker
« Reply #7712 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 01:19:36 »
I lubed my white and black hhkb and the black just sounds better to me. I don't know if it's a placebo thing or not, but I feel like the black one just sounds better. Anyone else experience this phenomenon?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #7713 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 01:45:20 »
I lubed my white and black hhkb and the black just sounds better to me. I don't know if it's a placebo thing or not, but I feel like the black one just sounds better. Anyone else experience this phenomenon?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
you need to be blindfolded and have someone place one of those boards under your hands, and see if you can tell the difference

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #7714 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 02:20:39 »
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline raymogi

« Reply #7715 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 02:41:02 »

Show Image

You could always sell it to me :)
Please feed my addiction.

Offline deci

« Reply #7716 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 02:51:34 »
I have a hhkb type s stock, regular hhkb lubed and silenced, and a novatouch lubed, silenced, o-ringed, and with gmk keycaps. (Both are silenced with Hypersphere's foam rings)

In order of most quiet to least quiet: novatouch, regular hhkb, and finally type s.
However, order of most tactile to least tactile: type s, regular hhkb, novatouch.

All three are pleasant in their own way to the point that I can't actually pick a favorite.

And yes... the novatouch modded well feels amazing.

I will open up the type s and lube it at some point and then re-evaluate.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #7717 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 03:35:06 »
I have a hhkb type s stock, regular hhkb lubed and silenced, and a novatouch lubed, silenced, o-ringed, and with gmk keycaps. (Both are silenced with Hypersphere's foam rings)

In order of most quiet to least quiet: novatouch, regular hhkb, and finally type s.
However, order of most tactile to least tactile: type s, regular hhkb, novatouch.

All three are pleasant in their own way to the point that I can't actually pick a favorite.

Wait... are you saying that the type s is LEAST quiet?

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7718 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 05:55:08 »

In comparison to a silenced/lubed reg hhkb, it is the least quiet. That was the most shocking point for me when I got my type s.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #7719 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 18:15:34 »

In comparison to a silenced/lubed reg hhkb, it is the least quiet. That was the most shocking point for me when I got my type s.

Damm.. that IS shocking. Especially given the price point. So will you keep it or sell it off... the type s?

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7720 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 20:10:32 »

Damm.. that IS shocking. Especially given the price point. So will you keep it or sell it off... the type s?

I'm keeping the type-s. I want both a white and black HHKB. It's not like I hate the type-s, but I've been typing on banded/lubed HHKBs for awhile now, so I'm probably just not used to the difference. The type-s certainly retains the "thock" though; I couldn't say that about my banded HHKB.

As deci said, I want to at least lube my type-s and see if that makes anything better (for me).

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7721 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 00:20:31 »

I'm keeping the type-s. I want both a white and black HHKB. It's not like I hate the type-s, but I've been typing on banded/lubed HHKBs for awhile now, so I'm probably just not used to the difference. The type-s certainly retains the "thock" though; I couldn't say that about my banded HHKB.

As deci said, I want to at least lube my type-s and see if that makes anything better (for me).

you better ****ing keep that type s

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7722 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 00:27:18 »

I'll even fart on it too for keycaps

huehuehuehue

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #7723 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 00:30:24 »

huehuehuehue

i've never tried a type s before.  what kind of noise does it make?  squeaky?  rattling sounds?  broken plastic like stock mx blues?  fart sounds? 
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #7724 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 00:31:01 »
Show Image

Show Image

boner

ooo the colors/theme is cute af, indeed :)

(Attachment Link)

Double the pleasure of oneness with Cup rubber, never leave home without it.

This man knows how to let his fingers live the luxury life.

So you take one to work every day???

Show Image

hi

oo not bad doodie. Why not try this theme with Stormtrooper layout???

Show Image

Dang son, that ish be pimpin' like errthang'n'all.

It's lubed too?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7725 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 00:35:57 »
i dont have my hhkb back from the tour yet OnO

huehuehuehue

no pls

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #7726 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 00:38:59 »

huehuehuehue

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #7727 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 10:01:59 »

I want a better camera :(

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #7728 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 11:46:35 »
Converted to the one true keyboard. I¨m going for the same angle as dgneo  ;)

Very busy with studies atm.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7729 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 12:09:14 »
Show Image

dat neon  ;)

Show Image

That case is killing me ;-; now I need more puppers

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7730 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 12:11:00 »
Show Image

Sell you mine

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #7731 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 12:25:12 »
Show Image

dat neon  ;)

Show Image

That case is killing me ;-; now I need more puppers
It's a case of pupper-fever (I´m sorry.)
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #7732 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 17:11:08 »
Show Image

Sell you mine

What you have demik?

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #7733 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 17:55:10 »
Show Image

Those blanks are gucci

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7734 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 23:04:56 »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #7735 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 07:08:18 »

Offline JorisBoers

• ORANGE IS LOVE, ORANGE IS LIVE
« Reply #7736 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 07:29:34 »

In love with this board <3
"I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - TenTenSeven

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"

Offline vegs

« Reply #7738 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 12:33:39 »

Lubed and silenced with Hyperspheres rings. Don't see me replacing the board anytime soon  :cool:
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7739 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 12:56:15 »
What purple key is that?

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #7740 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 13:03:57 »
Show Image

Lubed and silenced with Hyperspheres rings. Don't see me replacing the board anytime soon  :cool:

Dat is really sexy. Haven't seen that combo in that way earlier.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7741 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 13:05:39 »
Show Image

No pls

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #7742 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 13:08:07 »
Show Image

No pls

But demik it's a HHKB y u no happy?

Offline vegs

« Reply #7743 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 13:14:36 »
Show Image

Dat is really sexy. Haven't seen that combo in that way earlier.
Thanks! :)
What purple key is that?
That's a KatzenKinder blank from the blue/purple things sale.
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7744 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 13:16:57 »
I need dat OnO

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #7745 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 16:11:13 »

I got Nubbs nads on my board now.

Offline adhoc

« Reply #7746 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 01:01:03 »
Show Image

Man I remember when you just joined GH and how long it took you to get your first board. Look at you now, all grown up, with an effing Type S. Nice.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #7747 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 04:24:58 »
Show Image

Nice USB cable you got there! :thumb:

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7748 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 06:39:18 »
A friend (nocturalowl) just started casting keycaps, he sent me some of the prototype
really good for a first timer!

Can't wait for his final product and release :D this one is marbled blue GID

Marbled Mods by Hanshen, on Flickr

Marbled Mods 2 by Hanshen, on Flickr

Marbled Mods 3 by Hanshen, on Flickr

Mod GID by Hanshen, on Flickr

Mod GID 2 by Hanshen, on Flickr

Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7749 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 06:55:39 »
A friend (nocturalowl) just started casting keycaps, he sent me some of the prototype
really good for a first timer!

Can't wait for his final product and release :D this one is marbled blue GID

Show Image

Marbled Mods by Hanshen, on Flickr

Show Image

Marbled Mods 2 by Hanshen, on Flickr

Show Image

Marbled Mods 3 by Hanshen, on Flickr

Show Image

Mod GID by Hanshen, on Flickr

Show Image

Mod GID 2 by Hanshen, on Flickr

Impressive. That space is amazing if I may add. As I understand spacebar is really hard to make. Well done!
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar