Author Topic: Any very high quality DS PBT(Cherry)?  (Read 2934 times)

Offline typo

Any very high quality DS PBT(Cherry)?
« on: Sun, 01 March 2020, 00:10:28 »
The only Double shot PBT I ever see is cheap thin Chinese made. Why is that? Or I just don't know where to look? I find all good PBT is Dyesub.
I did luck out this time and got everything DS PBT 1.70mm thick at a steep cost. Although all he bags say made in Japan some small writing. I do not see a manufacturer. Which makes me very wary. So once again, I think PBT DS is IFFY. Or as usual I am just clueless :) Thanks

Offline keyz

Offline keyz

Re: Any very high quality DS PBT(Cherry)?
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 01 March 2020, 14:46:23 »
ok

Offline typo

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 01 March 2020, 19:26:00 »
Those are just normal font dyesub buddy. I like your Avatar.

I got what I wanted. Were custom made w/o group buy. So cost me big money. Only the space bar was a semi-stock piece. The entire board is vintage Japanese picture!

Offline Riverman

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 13:07:58 »
The best non-backlit doubleshot PBT keycaps seem to be on Leopold keyboards.  I wish they sold them separately, at least outside of Korea.  KPRepublic has a couple of decent looking doubleshot PBT set, but they still don't look as nice as the Leopold ones.  At least for a while, I think Leopold said that their doubleshot keycaps were made in Japan.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 13:38:45 »
The best non-backlit doubleshot PBT keycaps seem to be on Leopold keyboards.  I wish they sold them separately, at least outside of Korea.  KPRepublic has a couple of decent looking doubleshot PBT set, but they still don't look as nice as the Leopold ones.  At least for a while, I think Leopold said that their doubleshot keycaps were made in Japan.

I agree..they're very good..Easily one of the best stock keycaps out there...Some cool colorways as well..

The KPRepublic ones don't look bad..at least some don't...not a bad price really...All for more competition that will push quality/price. 
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 March 2020, 13:41:47 by Polymer »

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 15:06:47 »
KBDFans used to carry a Dolch set known as 'KBDFans Dolch.' It was Double-Shot PBT Cherry-profile in classic Dolch colourway. Not thin.

I got a set recently, and it's actually okay. I tried it with Aliaz and lighter Ergo Clears, where it does alright.

The Leopold keycaps might be more technically impressive, but I understand that Leopold has a strict policy of not selling them separately, for whatever reason.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 15:11:27 »
I forgot to mention, Tai Hao recently came out with a set called "Deep Forest," 2 colourways. Either blue-green or deep forest-green.

It's 1.35mm thick, so thicker than usual Tai Hao. Unfortunately, the legends are not as precise as Leopold, and the legends are shine-through to boot.

Maybe they'll make a non shine-through set. However, these are OEM profile, and I think OP was looking for Cherry.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 16:27:22 »
KBDFans used to carry a Dolch set known as 'KBDFans Dolch.' It was Double-Shot PBT Cherry-profile in classic Dolch colourway. Not thin.

I got a set recently, and it's actually okay. I tried it with Aliaz and lighter Ergo Clears, where it does alright.

The Leopold keycaps might be more technically impressive, but I understand that Leopold has a strict policy of not selling them separately, for whatever reason.

You can always buy the keyboard just for the caps :).

But yeah, it doesn't allow for flexibility and creation of other mods....but really nice set. 

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 18:40:53 »
Yeah, it's kinda funny. You can get a Leopold 104-key set for about the price of an entry-level GMK or nicer ePBT set, and it comes with a free keyboard.

Offline typo

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 20:19:06 »
I found .175 thick in Japan. Cannot read it so I hope I ordered right. It charged about $315 in USD to my credit card. Now I cannot even find the page again, oops! Just change your location to Japan and use Google.  First you have to translate in American Google as simply as possible what you want. Then copy paste when you change location. You can find amazing stuff this way. It should let you know if they do not ship overseas hopefully. Otherwise good luck on a refund LOL. Although most Japanese people selling stuff like that probably speak English as well.