Author Topic: Something about HHKB Pro.2 and FILCO NKRO keyboards  (Read 3914 times)

Offline skyian

Something about HHKB Pro.2 and FILCO NKRO keyboards
« on: Fri, 04 January 2008, 00:20:56 »
I read some threads and find out maybe there's some info I could provide.

I have two FILCO NKRO (N-Key-Rollover edition) keyboards. One is cherry brown switches and the other is black switches. I also have a Bluetooth edition FILCO keyboard which is black switches.

The info is all three of them are not made by Strong Man Factory. The young owner of Strong Man Factory said that about several months ago. I also double checked this info with the person who work for the factory which manufacture FILCO NKRO keyboards, and he confirmed this info. Unfortunately I still don't know which factory made FILCO NKRO keyboards. But I am sure they're made in Taiwan and they're not made by Strong Man.

Bye the way, the keyboard "KBtalKing" is made by Strong Man. It is truly made with some new ideas, but the QC, printing of the key cap, and some double space keys like enter key and caps lock keys are not perfectly and neatly set in the space they shall be, but a bit not straight enough.  Those are problems unsolved. Hence we keyboard fans are still looking forward that how they gonna solve those questions.

The printing of the key cap of Filco NKRO keyboard is not laser key. It's made in printing ink, but they add a coating to prevent it from being damaged easily. That's why when you scratch the keycap with your finger nail, you will see a tiny white line on the key cap.

Finally about HHKB Pro.2, I have one HHKB Pro.2, one Topre Realforce 101, and two Realforce 103 which are just released in Taiwan. One of my Realforce 103 is white and the other is black.

Surely it's PFU that cooperate Topre to make the HHKB series keyboards. Since HHKB Pro.2 is made by Topre Co., the touch of Realfoce 101 and HHKB Pro.2 shall be similar. However, provided that even Realforce series keyboards themselves have some small touch differences (I tried RF91 and RF101, there's really some tiny touch difference between them two) there's nothing surprising that we could find some different between Realfoce keyboards and HHKB Pro.2.

As I told, provided they are both made by Topre, the difference is small. I find the touch of HHKB  Pro.2 is a bit hard and light than Realforce series. That's not a very big difference, and you probably have to have two of them both infront of you to tell the difference.

That's all. Thanks for your reading.

Here's a short introduction about me,
I am Ian. I live in Taipei, Taiwan. I have been a keyboard fan for two years. I have a forum of my own called "Ian's Villa"  which is mainly about keyboards and mice.
http://skyian.mine.nu/discuz/index.php

Unfortunately it's in Traditional Chinese. But there's still pics of keyboards you guys may check out.
http://skyian.mine.nu/discuz/forumdisplay.php?fid=40

I could read Japanese, Chinese, and English, and I could write in both English and Chinese, though I know my English is not good enough.

It's nice to meet you guys here.
My Own Keyboards:
RF 103 SILENT 30g, RF RGB, RF103black, RF103white, RF87UB, RF87WB, RF101, HHKB PRO2, Cherry with white, blue, brown, black, RED swithces...etc

WAITING FOR THE Ultimate Bluetooth converter for any keyboard.  Also the Beautiful GMK CAMPING Keycap.

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 04 January 2008, 01:51:05 »
Awesome!  Thanks for the info.  Much appreciated.

Offline fkeidjn

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 04 January 2008, 03:16:11 »
Do you know if any of those Chinese language sites sell those keyboards to outside of their respective countries (Taiwan, China, etc.)?
Kinesis Keypad - Filco FKBN104M/EB - Unitek space-saver - Acer 6511-TW - Apple Extended II (M3501) - Scorpius M10 - Cherry G80-1800, AT - SGI Granite - vintage Fujitsu - IBM Model M, 101 and mini - Model F, 84-key AT - Dell AT101W - Northgate 101

Offline skyian

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 04 January 2008, 06:43:36 »
Quote from: fkeidjn;2241
Do you know if any of those Chinese language sites sell those keyboards to outside of their respective countries (Taiwan, China, etc.)?

If you refer to the Filco Keyboards, I think you may directly contect Diatec Company. Since they could ship keyboards to Taiwan via EMS(I have asked them about this before), I think there won't be a problem for them to ship keyboards to USA. The only problem is how you gonna pay for the keyboards.

As for the Realforce keyboards and HHKB Pro.2 Keyboards, I bought from http://www.vshopu.com/ . It's a pity that they don't sell out of Japan.

However, you could still try the following Amazon link. I am not sure whether they ship it to USA or not.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000EQHU5I/pasoconeco-ce-22.com.hk

Most japanese don't ship their product to worldwide, so it's probably good for a keyboard fan to have a friend in Japan. ( LOL! )

Finally, the Realfoce 103 will offically on sale in around 2-3 months in Taiwan. I think you guys may ask the agency in Taiwan then to see if they sell keyboards to USA. I have both RF103 and RF101, they are almost the same things except that you will have a win key and a menu key on RF103. Besides, they offer RF103 in Black.

Good Luck!
My Own Keyboards:
RF 103 SILENT 30g, RF RGB, RF103black, RF103white, RF87UB, RF87WB, RF101, HHKB PRO2, Cherry with white, blue, brown, black, RED swithces...etc

WAITING FOR THE Ultimate Bluetooth converter for any keyboard.  Also the Beautiful GMK CAMPING Keycap.

Offline fkeidjn

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 04 January 2008, 17:51:37 »
Quote from: skyian;2242
If you refer to the Filco Keyboards, I think you may directly contect Diatec Company. Since they could ship keyboards to Taiwan via EMS(I have asked them about this before), I think there won't be a problem for them to ship keyboards to USA. The only problem is how you gonna pay for the keyboards.

As for the Realforce keyboards and HHKB Pro.2 Keyboards, I bought from http://www.vshopu.com/ . It's a pity that they don't sell out of Japan.

However, you could still try the following Amazon link. I am not sure whether they ship it to USA or not.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000EQHU5I/pasoconeco-ce-22.com.hk

Most japanese don't ship their product to worldwide, so it's probably good for a keyboard fan to have a friend in Japan. ( LOL! )

Finally, the Realfoce 103 will offically on sale in around 2-3 months in Taiwan. I think you guys may ask the agency in Taiwan then to see if they sell keyboards to USA. I have both RF103 and RF101, they are almost the same things except that you will have a win key and a menu key on RF103. Besides, they offer RF103 in Black.

Good Luck!

Amazon Japan doesn't ship the keyboard outside of Japan.

Are there any Taiwan agencies that you can refer us to?
Kinesis Keypad - Filco FKBN104M/EB - Unitek space-saver - Acer 6511-TW - Apple Extended II (M3501) - Scorpius M10 - Cherry G80-1800, AT - SGI Granite - vintage Fujitsu - IBM Model M, 101 and mini - Model F, 84-key AT - Dell AT101W - Northgate 101

Offline skyian

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 06 January 2008, 11:37:05 »
Quote from: fkeidjn;2243
Amazon Japan doesn't ship the keyboard outside of Japan.

Are there any Taiwan agencies that you can refer us to?

I phoned a taiwan official RF103 agency hours ago. The representaive told me it's roughly okay to sell Realforce 103 outside Taiwan. However, if anyone is interested in this, he or she may have to email the representative for the further information.

Here's the infomation of the store.

http://www.bartek.com.tw/
(Sorry but still in Tradition Chinese)

Phone munber:
2351-0355 / 2357-5355 / 2357-5377
(When you dial the numbers, add +8862 infront of them)

Representative's name: Beyond

Email:
beyond@bartek.com.tw

Last but not least, I have to say I only know that they are official agency of Realforce 103, but I am not sure whether they are official agency of Realforce 101 and HHKB Pro.2.

I just know they probably could also sell RF101 and HHKB Pro.2 if you guys want to buy them.

I gather around 13-15 people to buy 10 black RF103 and 10 white RF103 from this store. Also that is the first time I make a deal with them.

That's all I know. Hope it would help you guys in buying Realfoce keyboards and HHKB Pro.2.
My Own Keyboards:

Offline puntium

• http://keyboards.kendeeter.com
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 08 January 2008, 21:25:18 »
For Japanese models, you can also try http://www.users-side.co.jp/USA_WEB/

User's side is a store that has an Akihabara branch and a San Jose branch. I bought my first HHKBPro2 there, and they special ordered it for me, so I assume they can get the FILCO brands on special order as well.

The page is in japanese, but I'd try the tel number at the top. Or email them, shop@users-side.co.jp
FILCO FKBN87M/EB / Microsoft Natural Elite / HHKB2 Pro
Keyboards blog | Keyboard Reviews (old blog)