Author Topic: [GB] GMK Oblivion V3.1 - COMPLETED - V3.2 tentatively in September 2023  (Read 108820 times)

Offline Rico

Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion V3.1 - Launches early July 2021
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 02:50:44 »
Hey Oblotzky,

I missed previous rounds of this beautiful keyset, I will definitely not miss this one!

Now as for the mod pipe hot topic ...
I do understand the cost reasoning behind it, not adding it in the base kit.
I personally only use mod pipe on my boards, the alpha version has never been of any use for me as it breaks color symmetry.
It is my preference and may not be what the vast majority of people do (and that I'd like to know from you people).
So one solution could be to remove the alpha colored pipe from the base kit and replace it by the mod colored pipe.

Please tell me if my proposal is stupid and why (so that I could learn in the process).

Greatings

Offline vladimir108

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 02:53:21 »
is it mistake?
International kit, R1, are 2 keycaps:  <"2@>  <#3£>  ... I think that these 2 keycaps are for "fusion" of UK/US layouts.

on UK layout should be: <"2>  <£3>
on US layout should be: <@2>  <#3>

make sense to (to me) have these 2 keycaps ("fusion" of UK/US layouts?) in different order:
<@2">  <#3£> ... <Shift US / no Shift / Shift UK> <Shift US / no Shift / Shift UK>
instead of (now):
<"2@>  <#3£> ... <Shift US / no Shift / Shift UK>  <Shift UK / no Shift / Shift US>

am I wrong?
I've checked sets "GMK Space Cadet 2" and "GMK Muted 2" and there is the same issue. Don't shoot me please, I'm not expert on layouts :-o
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 June 2021, 03:09:47 by vladimir108 »

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 02:57:00 »
Three pages, 21 requests for mod colored pipe and tilde so far.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 03:49:08 »
for colevrak:

R2; J,D,B,K,M
R3; M,Y,U
R4; D,H,L,P, "

Homing; A

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100325.msg2800882#msg2800882

Acknowledged, thank you, will implement with the next update.

Any chance for the second Salvun keycap without the Git logo? It would look great with the monochrome set.

I don't want to offer too many metal artisan variants, two are sufficient and they fit the theme perfectly.

Hi, the Salvun artisans are probably for R1. But yeah, just trying my luck here.

Wonder if there is the possibility to offer one of the Salvun artisans in R2 as well, for people who use 40% layouts like Planck.

Salvun keycaps are R1 only, sorry

hey,oblotzky
i'm your fans.i really love your works,especially the oblivion.in my humble opinion,the cadet alpha is very important in oblivion.So why you cut the kit?Really make me disappointed..could you tell me,whether we have no chance for cadet alpha? you know, we can use the gmk space cadet to replace the alpha,but the Hagoromo cadet alpha should be added.because we couldn't find anything to replace it..Really hope you will consider my suggestion,plz.we need cadet alpha indeed!!
sry for my poor english .. hope you will understand it
thx for your design,really nice

I don't want to offer too many kits, we already have 11. I chose ASCII over Cadet for this round.

... Other kits can still be adjusted as well, should any errors be discovered.

... From its inception, the Oblivion keyset has been hamstrung by me because I added so many options to it. Multiple modifier types (Git, Regular, Monochrome) as well as two alpha colors (Oblivion Gray and Hagoromo) make decisions difficult.

... the best approach remains to have complete base kits.

Understood. Can you please add the missing 2 × 1.5u modifier keys Super/Code/Hyper/Meta/Whatever. Essential keys for MacOS users with 7u bottom row layouts. NB 1.5u mods are present in Muted R2 Extension kit and all previous Oblivion base kits.

It's annoying to see F13 added, but the modifers removed.

Edit: Typos, you not we

Mac kits sell very very poorly, so I chose not to offer one, as we are at 11 kits already.

The latter will be a 1:1 copy of the kits lined up above, but with all the Oblivion Gray alpha keys replaced by Hagoromo alpha keys

Amazing, I’ll be so in on this!

Also, any plans for a PBT cherry profile version?

No plans

International kit, R1, are 2 keycaps:  <"2@>  <#3£>  ... I think that these 2 keycaps are for "fusion" of UK/US layouts.

Not a mistake, those are for Swedish layouts.

Offline Litch0617

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 04:21:08 »

[/quote]

I don't want to offer too many kits, we already have 11. I chose ASCII over Cadet for this round.

So the cadet alpha may be in V4? Or they won't return back? if they won't come back..i must be purchase it in seconardy market with high price ..

Offline LunoVonFancala

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 04:21:58 »
I was sooo hyped when I saw GMK Oblivion title. I've recently started play ES Oblivion again and was expecting keycaps with oblivion gates, daedras and dremoras. What a let down :(

Offline KKoNaM

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 04:39:18 »
Happy to wait for the V3.2. Not having to pay an extra 50-60$ for the Hagoromo alpha is big for me. thank you so much.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 04:40:25 »

So the cadet alpha may be in V4? Or they won't return back? if they won't come back..i must be purchase it in seconardy market with high price ..
[/quote]

V4 is far out but I do plan to make that, unless this hobby suddenly ceases to exist. I don't see why Cadet couldn't return then!

Offline Litch0617

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 05:21:08 »

V4 is far out but I do plan to make that, unless this hobby suddenly ceases to exist. I don't see why Cadet couldn't return then!
[/quote]

thx for you reply!So, it is certain that in gmk oblivion V3.1 and V3.2, only ascii is an alternative, cadet will not appear, right?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #109 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 05:23:04 »
thx for you reply!So, it is certain that in gmk oblivion V3.1 and V3.2, only ascii is an alternative, cadet will not appear, right?

That is correct, the alternate alphas for V3 are ASCII.

Offline Litch0617

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 05:29:45 »

That is correct, the alternate alphas for V3 are ASCII.

glad to see it too.gmk ascii is also my love. Really love your design style. i will buy V3.1 and V3.2~ hope for hagoromo ascii alphas :)

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 09:15:27 »
Please consider adding mod tilde and mod pipe to the base kits.

Offline michaelpopp

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 09:20:40 »
So excited too read about V3.2!  +1 for the Hagoromo ascii alphas!

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 10:03:04 »
Why not offer an ASCII Colevrak kit instead of the normal one since you've already offered that same Colevrak kit in the past?
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 June 2021, 10:05:50 by nasp »

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 10:03:43 »
Let us know if you would like help making a good 40s kit. We could have a KLE whipped up really quickly to make something actual 40s users will buy.

Also I don’t really understand why you respond to everyone except 40s users.

Offline baccaan

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 10:19:40 »
contributing my support for mod pipe/tilde

Offline Runningtarrens

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 11:16:25 »
the 40s kit is nice for me. normally i have to buy a base kit and an extra/novelty kit to get a working setup for my board.

ppl seem to complain alot. cant make it work for everyone i guess, but wouldnt the easiest solution be throw all the requested keys in an extra kit? you dont have to change the current sets and
if it doest hit MOQ  unlucky and if it hits MOQ anything is golden and the most ppl are happy?

Offline CodeMayhem

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 12:14:15 »
Why not offer an ASCII Colevrak kit instead of the normal one since you've already offered that same Colevrak kit in the past?

that would be pricey AF. new molds and all.

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 12:44:09 »
If you ever feel like offering monochrome mods separately, I would be eternally grateful. I just can't justify buying an entire base kit for them though as I already have one of the previous runs.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #119 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 13:45:26 »

that would be pricey AF. new molds and all.

Gotta start somewhere and with such a popular set as Oblivion, this would be the best one to do it. Could set MOQ at a higher level than other sets potentially.

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 14:04:56 »
Throwing my hat into the mod tilde ring

Offline vladimir108

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 14:06:34 »
Throwing my hat into the mod tilde ring

... hat or towel? :-D

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 14:16:19 »
i am excited to buy this Keyset for my TKL, Compact 1800, Blackbird, and Extended TKL format Keyboard mechanical Keyboards

Stop lying, this set doesn't have a R5 bottom row.

for colevrak:

R2; J,D,B,K,M
R3; M,Y,U
R4; D,H,L,P, "

Homing; A

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100325.msg2800882#msg2800882

Implemented, apart from the R2 J key you listed as it was already in that row. Also relabeled the homing keys to R3, they were marked as R4 before. Thank you again for the straightforward change request.

Added missing R2 1.5u Revert key

I slept on the feedback, and thought through the possibility of a single Extension kit. I was wrong in thinking that it would be too large when being a single Extension kit that serves all three base kits. I think it's a good size and offers nice compatibility, and is the perfect spot to offer mod pipe/tilde. I remain opposed to having those keys in the base kit, so I hope this is a good compromise on this matter.

... Other kits can still be adjusted as well, should any errors be discovered.

... From its inception, the Oblivion keyset has been hamstrung by me because I added so many options to it. Multiple modifier types (Git, Regular, Monochrome) as well as two alpha colors (Oblivion Gray and Hagoromo) make decisions difficult.

... the best approach remains to have complete base kits.

Understood. Can you please add the missing 2 × 1.5u modifier keys Super/Code/Hyper/Meta/Whatever. Essential keys for MacOS users with 7u bottom row layouts. NB 1.5u mods are present in Muted R2 Extension kit and all previous Oblivion base kits.

It's annoying to see F13 added, but the modifers removed.

Edit: Typos, you not we

You will now find those keys here.

I would like to kindly ask you to stop thread crapping with sarcastic remarks, thank you.

Also I don’t really understand why you respond to everyone except 40s users.

Because I am tired of the hostile attitude.

PS: Added another proxy
South America - fancycustoms.com
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 June 2021, 14:32:18 by Oblotzky »

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 14:31:18 »
Please remove mod pipe/tilde

Offline azzipa

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 14:36:34 »
extension kit is awesome, thank you!

besides offering support for macos tsangan layout it also includes R1 "=" (as a spreadsheet user, this makes more sense to me than traditional Num Lock). looking forward to GB  :thumb:

Monochrome base is too good, bravo!!

Could you add two 1.5u OS keys and another 1u alt to the base kits for macOS users on HHKB and 7u layouts? Or even add them to another kit? Happy to pay for it if that's what makes it work.

Kit split is a good idea with so many options!

Could 2x1.5u Super/Code (and extra 1u alt) be considered to support HHKB and Mac 7u users? The themed Git base it is hidden but not for the other base kits. I'd be happy if it was in one of the smaller kits if it helped?

Could 2x1.5u Super/Code (and extra 1u alt) be considered to support HHKB and Mac 7u users?

This please. 1.5u Super. MacOS users with 7u bottom row and F13 TKL — does anyone really use the F13 key in their kits? (Put aside a certain sweaty streamer and their kitting reviews)

Personally, for the extra 1u Alt — 1u Fn/Meta can be used instead.

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 14:38:41 »

This doesn't really make sense, because you are ignoring all of the sensible people who just want to help make an actual useable 40s kit. The only 40s person you did respond to was the one person who could be seen as being "hostile". All the rest of us want to do is help you sell more kits/help ourselves get support for more boards.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #126 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 14:42:18 »
Congrats guys you did it! Very excited to pay $30 more for two keycaps that have been included in base since the very beginning, this sure is a win for Oblo the community!  :thumb:
At this point I really feel like Oblo is purposefully leaving out keys that people clamor for, only to turn it around to gain more profit to be seen as a good guy move.
When, at the beginning, the keys could have been offered in the base kit as was expected of them. I don't think in my wildest dreams two keycaps would make that much of a detriment on the price, Oblo would likely have to sacrifice a dollar per kit sold to get them into the base.
Now he makes a tremendous profit by shoving keys into a child kit since the margins for smaller kits see large profit, and those keys are a necessity to most of the community.
It's like a monkey's paw with Oblo every time.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 June 2021, 14:52:52 by Kokaloo »

Offline chaoskills08

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 14:42:52 »

This doesn't really make sense, because you are ignoring all of the sensible people who just want to help make an actual useable 40s kit. The only 40s person you did respond to was the one person who could be seen as being "hostile". All the rest of us want to do is help you sell more kits/help ourselves get support for more boards.

I agree with this, honestly. I currently have no intentions of buying this because of the 40s kit. I would like to be able to support my Minivans. Unrelated to Minivans, I would also like a 2nd 2u space in the 40bit kit, though I know that this isn't often accommodated.
That said, I do appreciate that a 40bit kit exists, and I am hoping more people begin offering them, as it seems to be catching on, I just want to be able to support my Vans.

Offline NoxNoxNox

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 14:44:01 »
Big props to taking feedback and trying to make the set better.  We usually complain a lot and don’t recognize when designers really do listen. 

Thank you!

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 14:44:30 »
Thank you for listening and making the alteration. Appreciate the addition into the extension kit. I'll do my part and purchase. Thanks again.

Offline azzipa

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 14:55:03 »
quick question re: macro kit...

... would it make sense to replace duplicate "M1" key with R1 "M3"? this could replace three keys on right side of F-row (for fullsize or TKL)

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 14:55:38 »

I would like to kindly ask you to stop thread crapping with sarcastic remarks, thank you.

This was actually a serious comment and I don't understand why you'd think otherwise.

I humbly ask you to reconsider this. Why? Because it has not been offered previously and ASCII alphas are great and match the theme well.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #132 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 15:02:04 »

Two keys have been mentioned so far. R2 1.5u, which I added as it was an error of mine to not include it (simply missed it when making the kit). And the R2 1.75u Backspace, which I am passing on as I have no interest in supporting the Minivan layout. Other than that, every post on 40s has asked to make it better, but not elaborated in detail how. Please refer to CodeMayhem's reply on how to make a change request as asked for by my first paragraph in the first post.

Offline Dhaz

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 15:07:11 »
Yes, thank you. I’ve been looking forward to this GB. Good luck

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 15:07:24 »
Congrats guys you did it! Very excited to pay $30 more for two keycaps that have been included in base since the very beginning, this sure is a win for Oblo the community!  :thumb:
At this point I really feel like Oblo is purposefully leaving out keys that people clamor for, only to turn it around to gain more profit to be seen as a good guy move.
When, at the beginning, the keys could have been offered in the base kit as was expected of them. I don't think in my wildest dreams two keycaps would make that much of a detriment on the price, Oblo would likely have to sacrifice a dollar per kit sold to get them into the base.
Now he makes a tremendous profit by shoving keys into a child kit since the margins for smaller kits see large profit, and those keys are a necessity to most of the community.

I ****ing hate child kits. The last reason for making one is to make an extra buck, 100% legit no lie. They add logistics, add another SKU that needs to hit MOQ, margins are razor thin in group buy, eat capital if you want to buy extras with little gain. The sole reason I create child kits is to support more layouts and add aesthetic options, nothing else. This I promise you.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #135 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 15:18:44 »

I ****ing hate child kits. The last reason for making one is to make an extra buck, 100% legit no lie. They add logistics, add another SKU that needs to hit MOQ, margins are razor thin in group buy, eat capital if you want to buy extras with little gain. The sole reason I create child kits is to support more layouts and add aesthetic options, nothing else. This I promise you.

Gee, then why not just add the 2 caps that almost all of these posts are complaining about to your kits? You obviously have room to adjust them since you did with colevrak, so don't give the excuse that they were set in stone.

"I hate complicating things" and then adds a kit specifically to charge people $30 instead of the $2 more it would cost to add the 2 caps to the base kits...Makes total sense!

Call it people complaining all you want. Take some constructive criticism and adjust your kits to match what people are asking for. It makes you look like an ass to go the route you chose.

Offline chaoskills08

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 15:19:11 »

Two keys have been mentioned so far. R2 1.5u, which I added as it was an error of mine to not include it (simply missed it when making the kit). And the R2 1.75u Backspace, which I am passing on as I have no interest in supporting the Minivan layout. Other than that, every post on 40s has asked to make it better, but not elaborated in detail how. Please refer to CodeMayhem's reply on how to make a change request as asked for by my first paragraph in the first post.

100% purely out of curiosity, because I never understood it; Why exclude an entire demographic that could make you more money by not including one key? I understand if there has been drama in the past, but why do users of the Minivan have to be punished for it?  40s people love Oblivion, and that's no lie, but people that use Minivans because they enjoy the layout can't use this set because of this. Also considering the fact that TKC is releasing a Minivan within the week, more and more people would want nice sets like this to fit their board and will have to realize that it's not possible. Just something to consider. Time has passed, people joining the hobby now have no idea what happened in the past. I personally feel like it should be let go. The reason 40s people aren't a fan of people like you, Zamb or Tomberry (He's a special case) is because they can't get support for the board they love and use every day.

I am just a passerby, I just don't think it's necessary to continue excluding all the people that love the layout and the inevitable swarm about to fall in love with it.

Thanks.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #137 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 15:23:05 »

I posted an entire graphic explaining what keys were needed and which could be omitted. Would you like me to send you a full kit in KLE form or write out in detail which keys to add or remove? I'm happy to do so, but now that you think I'm a crapper I'm sure you'll glance over this comment instead.

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 15:23:48 »
i am excited to buy this Keyset for my TKL, Compact 1800, Blackbird, and Extended TKL format Keyboard mechanical Keyboards

What are the chances of R5 bottom row on round 4 or whenever next time grey alpha regular base is run again?

I am still on R2 Drop base kit with an extra to spare when this one gets too shiny and honestly that would be a big update change to Oblivion that would set apart that round from all others. I'd gladly buy a whole new base for that.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 June 2021, 15:30:39 by directheatedtriode »

Offline illusixn

• Formerly illusixn
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 15:27:25 »
Honestly, I think people should have been thanking Oblotzky instead of asking for mod pipe and tilde. He said he's going to use the extra $1 he made on each base kit by not including those 2 keys to get everyone who buys a base kit a McChicken. Instead, now you have to pay another $30 and don't even get a sandwich.

For the community!1

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 15:42:29 »

I posted an entire graphic explaining what keys were needed and which could be omitted. Would you like me to send you a full kit in KLE form or write out in detail which keys to add or remove? I'm happy to do so, but now that you think I'm a crapper I'm sure you'll glance over this comment instead.

I checked the image again before making that reply, and did just now to confirm. All keys from the "GMK Wise Wolf 40% kit suggestion" portion in that image apart from 1.75u Backspace are present in the 40bit kit, what am I missing?

Would you like me to send you a full kit in KLE form or write out in detail which keys to add or remove?

Yes? I have outlined multiple times that this is the form of change request that I have asked for?

What are the chances of R5 bottom row on round 4 or whenever next time grey alpha regular base is run again?

I am still on R2 Drop base kit with an extra to spare when this one gets too shiny and honestly that would be a big update change to Oblivion that would set apart that round from all others. I'd gladly buy a whole new base for that.

R5 is something I have in mind for V4, but no promises yet. Let's get V3.1 and V3.2 made first.

If you ever feel like offering monochrome mods separately, I would be eternally grateful. I just can't justify buying an entire base kit for them though as I already have one of the previous runs.

I understand the interest in upgrading previous sets, but that only benefits customers such as you that already have an old set. Everyone new will have to pay a hefty markup to get a base kit of Monochrome because they have to buy Git/Regular and then the Modifiers kit for 80ish dollars. I design set rounds isolated from previous runs, most customers in that new round have no set to build on.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 June 2021, 15:48:24 by Oblotzky »

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 15:56:21 »
And the R2 1.75u Backspace, which I am passing on as I have no interest in supporting the Minivan layout.
Isn't it time to end the war here? There are a number of boards that use 1.75 backspace that aren't Minivan and have zero connection to its creator or the HuB kickstarter.  I'm even producing one, and I wasn't even in the hobby at that time.

I get that you get frustrated with the hostility (which some are guilty of), but surely you can see how an assembly-ish kit like this might raise that ire?  It contains a few large keys (e.g. 2.25u R4) that aren't typically found in 40% boards at all except for those boards specifically designed to not need 40% mods.  And yet it still excludes one of the most commonly required keys in popular 40% staggered boards today?  There's an argument to be made for saving on cost, but that's clearly not what's going on there.

We're not Evan.  HuB is barely a thing any more.  Can't we all just start over?  Would it really be such a bad thing to try and mend the bridges that were burnt?

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 16:11:37 »
Anger and stubbornness is all he has. He hasn't had an original idea in what, 6 years? Any and all frustration and resentment that is shown to him he has 100% brought on himself.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 16:14:45 »
Anger and stubbornness is all he has. He hasn't had an original idea in what, 6 years? Any and all frustration and resentment that is shown to him he has 100% brought on himself.
C'mon man, I'm really trying to turn this conversation around. Whether your anger is justified or not, can we at least try to hold out more olive branches?

Offline Rpmorrison10

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 16:18:53 »
Hey! Love the set. I’ve seen TKC has been advertising a new board. It looks pretty Interesting but I noticed you’re only missing one key for that board. I noticed you asking for some assistance in kitting for 40’s. I understand 40’s aren’t for everyone so I’m happy to help you out with your 40’s kit if you would like. Of course free of charge. I’m just here to help to community work together.

Offline matthewdias

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 16:39:20 »
I checked the image again before making that reply, and did just now to confirm. All keys from the "GMK Wise Wolf 40% kit suggestion" portion in that image apart from 1.75u Backspace are present in the 40bit kit, what am I missing?

Here are the changes I would make:

+ add a second r2 1u mod for 13u so you dont have to use the git novelty. Delete would be the usual choice here
+ add a mod color quote key, quote is commonly used on the right side of planck and looks out of place when it's alpha color

- remove 2.25u shift, any 4 row boards that use this key should be supported by the base kit
- 1.75 bar should either be removed, doubled, or replaced with a second 2u bar for ortho. the only board that uses one of these is Vortex Core and this isn't popular among 40s GMK buyers

I would urge you once again to also include the 1.75u backspace as well, it would be a great gesture to end the ostracism of many boards that use this key and are unrelated to past disagreements. 12.75u has become basically a standard width for 40s boards at this point, much like JD40/45. The exclusion of it on a popular set like yours has a large downstream effect, making other designers believe it's an unnecessary key, and complicating kitting more than it needs to be. I'm sure many people would show up to support this change including myself. But if you are adamant about continuing to hold this grudge at the expense of uninvolved parties, that is your prerogative.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #146 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 16:39:30 »

Would you like me to send you a full kit in KLE form or write out in detail which keys to add or remove?

Yes? I have outlined multiple times that this is the form of change request that I have asked for?

R5 is something I have in mind for V4, but no promises yet. Let's get V3.1 and V3.2 made first.

I understand the interest in upgrading previous sets, but that only benefits customers such as you that already have an old set. Everyone new will have to pay a hefty markup to get a base kit of Monochrome because they have to buy Git/Regular and then the Modifiers kit for 80ish dollars. I design set rounds isolated from previous runs, most customers in that new round have no set to build on.

Edit: Matt beat me to the punch and also provided explanations. Thank you!

Excluding the 1.75 r2 key, here's what the 40s suggest:

- second r2 1u mod for 13u so you don't have to use the Git novelty
- mod color quote key
- remove 2.25u shift
- 1.75 bar should either be
  - removed
  - doubled
  - or replaced with a second 2u bar
(Only 1 semi-mainstream 40% board uses 1, 1.75u bar exclusively)
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 June 2021, 16:42:00 by nasp »

Offline Bonsa

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 16:46:41 »
Well, 1 way to make the MOQ hit a little easier could be to give the best possible coverage.
I strongly suggest to add a R2 1.75u, not only for Minivan compatability but for all the other 12.75u boards. We're way past the time where Minivan was the only 12.75u board out there. Now you're not only denying coverage for that specific board, but also for boards made by other designers. TKC will be coming out with a Minivan next week, wouldn't it be really nice for all the people who want to try out 40's and are considering getting that board to pair it with this set?
I also strongly suggest to add an extra 2u bar in the 40's kit, as ortho users often like to use 2 2u bars on the bottom row. Also, le chiffre is a board that makes use of 2 2u bars and is pretty popular among 40's users. Kyria users also have 2 (or 4) 2u bars, so having an extra 1 never hurts them.
I have mixed feelings about this "IC in the GB thread", but I understand your reasoning behind it. At least thank you for still allowing the community to give some feedback.

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 17:35:27 »

Monokei Material is just as dank as Oblivion: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=108465.0

Though I generally prefer sets in this style of Monokei Material, Oblivion, Dracula, etc for use on my office boards.

Offline noahf

« Reply #149 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 18:23:13 »
Oblotzky,

Thanks for the extension kit. It kinda sucks that you add an extension kit and all of a sudden you have 10 people *****ing about you making more money. I know its hard to please everyone or anyone in this community, but I do appreciate you changing your stance and at least having the opportunity to buy them.