Author Topic: Shine II TKL has arrived!  (Read 10057 times)

Offline ShakeR

• http://mechanicalkeyboards.com
Shine II TKL has arrived!
« on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 15:50:04 »
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?switch_id=ALL&size=ALL&keyword=DK9087

Still adding the listings, and we only have pics for the White LED versions at the moment, but I wanted to give my fellow Geekhackers a heads up!

The PBT White on Black PROs are also in - and man do they look sexy... just wow...
MechanicalKeyboards.com - What do you type on?

Offline furosuto81

• Facebook
Re: Shine II TKL has arrived!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 19:35:41 »
Just ordered mine in with Reds! Not sure if I will like them. I'm kind of liking the Blacks on my Keycool 87, but at times I do notice the heaviness when gaming. I'll have to compare and see which I prefer.
Keyboards: Matias Quiet Pro Matias Quiet Click  |  Apple Extended Keyboard II Dampened White ALPS  |  KBParadise V80 Olivette Matias Quiet Click  |  CMStorm QuickFire TK B&W Special Edition White LED Cherry MX Red  |  Ducky DK9087S Shine 2 TKL White LED Cherry MX Red

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 19:36:49 »
I have to ask: what's the difference between a TKL Shine II and a YOTD?
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 20:11:10 »
Without looking I'd guess extra YoTD key caps and extra YoTD marquee effects.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline furosuto81

• Facebook
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 00:31:34 »

Biggest difference would be that it's produced in all LED colors and all switch types, whereas the YOTD was limited to certain combinations of color & switch. It also doesn't have the weird keycaps in the middle of the home-row or the dragon logo by the arrow cluster. Not sure about the marquee effects, but it does have reactive mode and 2 programmable LED sets, which the Shine 1 did not have.
Keyboards: Matias Quiet Pro Matias Quiet Click  |  Apple Extended Keyboard II Dampened White ALPS  |  KBParadise V80 Olivette Matias Quiet Click  |  CMStorm QuickFire TK B&W Special Edition White LED Cherry MX Red  |  Ducky DK9087S Shine 2 TKL White LED Cherry MX Red

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 27 October 2012, 01:24:17 »

Extra Key caps, boot lighting, Dragon writing, coolest keyboard box ever?

I've learned you'll almost never justify the additional cost of a limited edition board just on hardware. You always have to add $10 - $20 just for the sex appeal of a board that says 1 of 200 on the serial ;)

Offline furosuto81

• Facebook
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 27 October 2012, 21:38:12 »
Got mine today (thanks for the prompt shipping)! I'll be posting my thoughts about it the main Keyboard forum.

I do have a couple corrections for your website though:
  • Switch Mount Type should be plate-mounted, not PCB
  • The keyboard is fully compatible with Mac OS X. All functions work perfectly.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 28 October 2012, 16:13:06 »
^ Eject?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 07:04:23 »
^ Eject?

Eject on Mac using PC keyboards is holding down F12 (and can be changed). So unlike volume etc, there is no compatability needed at all.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 14:08:41 »
F12 on my Ducky toggles dashboard.

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 09:30:13 »
Got mine today (thanks for the prompt shipping)! I'll be posting my thoughts about it the main Keyboard forum.

I do have a couple corrections for your website though:
  • Switch Mount Type should be plate-mounted, not PCB
  • The keyboard is fully compatible with Mac OS X. All functions work perfectly.

Thanks for the heads up!

I haven't made it onto GH in a while. I knew I would come back to find something helpful :)

Offline S2000Gan

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 03:38:07 »
When will more Ducky DK9087 Shine II TKL
-- (RED LED)
-- (MX Brown)

Be available?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Offline jabar

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 17:21:56 »
Is there a restock due in? I have plans for a MX Red/Purple LED DK9087 on the backburner...
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline S2000Gan

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 05:56:10 »
Got some in Australia: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=113_1361&products_id=22009

;)
They dont ship to US... -.-
May end up getting some other 9087 with either undesired switch type or undesired LED type...
Although if those are my only real options I might not even bother getting a mechanical keyboard...
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 February 2013, 06:00:10 by S2000Gan »

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 08:50:37 »
mmmmmmmm...Looks delicious! I'll have to pick one up "Soon™"
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 17:10:35 »
We have an order in for more, but I still haven't received the confirmation from Ducky.  We cleared them out of most stock and yes there were some variants that are still unavailable completely.

Offline Lunartuna

• Good bye money!
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 19:21:16 »
Received my Shine 2 TKL Cherry black, white LED.

Delivery to arrival in 8 9 days to Victoria BC  :).

Very impressive considering customs delays lately!

Super happy, will buy again soon!
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 March 2013, 19:22:58 by Lunartuna »
Shine 2 TKL - Choc Mini

Offline Lunartuna

• Good bye money!
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 19:21:55 »
Double post
Shine 2 TKL - Choc Mini

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 14:57:36 »
We should have more coming in about 5 - 10 days.

Offline regack

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 18 March 2013, 13:54:59 »

ahhhh! I'll be on vacation and won't be able to order D:

Offline dante

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 18 March 2013, 16:26:15 »

Are Ducky MX Greens gone for good?

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 18 March 2013, 22:22:52 »

Are Ducky MX Greens gone for good?

Ducky tells me they're trying very hard to get more.  We'll order more as soon as they're available.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 18 March 2013, 22:24:49 »
Are there going to be these boards in MX Whites?

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 18 March 2013, 23:16:47 »
Are there going to be these boards in MX Whites?

None yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they introduced them.

Offline S2000Gan

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 18 March 2013, 23:36:52 »
So why is it so hard for manufacturers to get MX switches?

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 11:01:14 »
So why is it so hard for manufacturers to get MX switches?

Cherry made switches for commercial / industrial keyboards. Volumes for these types of customers are relatively low compared to residential consumers - as such when the realization of "OMG you can use these switches to game better!" came out, Cherry has more-or-less been behind ever since.  They've been at max capacity for the past 3+ years trying to keep up with demand.  It's a good problem to have if you're Cherry, but it sucks for all of us ;)