Author Topic: Business card source code  (Read 127107 times)

Offline fatchoi

Re: Business card source code
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 01:35:47 »
A big thanks to Grendel for his source code. I'm thinking about making a acrylic case for the card when I have time :D
Have to learn some proper drawing software though, I guess it shouldn't be too difficult.

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 14:32:42 »
Migrated another function from my regular keyboard code into the keycard, a simple countdown timer with 1min resolution up to 255min. I find it quite useful for reminding me that the food should come out of the oven or that I better get ready for a meeting/appointment (as you can tell, I'm not a friend of installing "apps" or another piece of software cluttering my systems ;P)

The attached archive contains the changed source and hex file w/ the timer active, if you want to go back to the previous functionality comment the line "#define __TIMER" at the beginning of kb.c and recompile the code.

The LED's still reflect the NUM, CAPS, and SCR lock status, the NUML and SCRL layers did not change (see build_kbd_report() in kb.c), but the top layer (no LED's active) is now: Left key: cancel timer, middle key: add 10min to timer (and start it if not active), right key: add 1min to timer (and start it if not active.) Once the timer expires the LED's will go nuts until you hit a key (to cancel or restart it.) Be warned:

IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO FLASHING LIGHTS OR SUFFER FROM PSE, THIS HAS THE POTENTIAL TO TRIGGER BAD THINGS. Please approach with caution !

The card has now become a permanent fixture in my setup at work. It's pinned to my cube wall at about eye level next to my monitor. That way I can immediately see if I hit a lock key by accident and have easy access to the keys to set/kill the timer. :cool:
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 May 2014, 19:06:29 by Grendel »
Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline jacksonmr

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 13:14:03 »
What do I need to do to get the card up and running on mac osx? specifically 10.9.2

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 14:32:18 »
What do I need to do to get the card up and running on mac osx? specifically 10.9.2

define up and running please... you can just plug it in and it should do the default stuff.

to develop/ customize the card I would suggest installing ubuntu in a vm as it is the easiest way to compile your own hex. flashing should be possible via atmel flip in the vm.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 July 2014, 14:33:51 by domoaligato »

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 14:40:50 »
Mac: Install MacPorts following these instructions: http://www.macports.org/install.php#pkg

Once MacPorts is installed, in a Terminal window, type sudo port install dfu-programmer

Offline jacksonmr

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 20:30:42 »

Mac: Install MacPorts following these instructions: http://www.macports.org/install.php#pkg

Once MacPorts is installed, in a Terminal window, type sudo port install dfu-programmer

I ended up flashing it on my family pc, thanks for the response though, will do it next time this way.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 08:01:25 »
Sorry to bump this thread but anyone knows how to get my leds working again?
I used the Easy AVR USB Keyboard Firmware and Keymapper to reprogram, the leds wouldn't switch on anyhow afterwards :(
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline freakkater

• Osu! Card for CTB
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 14:02:44 »
Hi there,
i shortened the main techkeys a bit to just have a shift, left and right key like that:
Code: [Select]
uint8_t keys1[] = {KSHIFT};

uint8_t keys2[] = {KLEFT};

uint8_t keys3[] = {KRIGHT};

My problem is now, that the keys are stupidly slow in refresh rate. Where do i change the timings? and what do i have to edit? is it timer.c? Timing was a few lines lower and using a program called switchhitter i got what my problem was. waittimes AND extra keys that got hit.

now my problem is this report, this happens when i hit 2 buttons (shift and left) at the same time:
08:10.0793 Left (0x25, BIOS 0xE04B) DOWN
08:10.0809 Left (0x25, BIOS 0xE04B) UP -> 35ms
08:10.0856 Left (0x25, BIOS 0xE04B) DOWN
08:10.0887 Left (0x25, BIOS 0xE04B) UP -> 35ms
08:10.0918 LShift (0x10, BIOS 0x2A) DOWN
08:10.0949 LShift (0x10, BIOS 0x2A) UP -> 35ms
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 December 2014, 17:12:03 by freakkater »
---------------------------------------------------------
owner of this sweety: http://osucard.w4f.eu/