Author Topic: [IC] GMK Plum | GB is OVER | New colour samples are in, and they are stunning.  (Read 174249 times)

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
Re: [IC] GMK Plum (Final Update from GMK!!)
« Reply #350 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 13:05:05 »
Oh I have it. Its pretty solid. The plugs don't come out easy.

Offline 40yroldnerd

« Reply #351 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 13:00:09 »
Ha!!

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=85619.0

I just made a thread inquiring about this mock-up.  Imagine my delight when I saw it's for real!!  Eff yeah

I am in for sure.

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
« Reply #352 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 15:22:01 »
Apparently the forum signature thing wasn't in the post. It's there now.

Offline wodan

« Reply #353 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 04:43:31 »
I am currently working on a "smart" collection of keys that can be used by GMK GB designers to add a decent ISO-International support to their GB without much trouble and effort.

Since you already included most of the ISO-UK keycaps in your set, there are "only" 25 additional keys required to add very solid support for UK, Germany, Sweden, Norway and Denmark while also providing much improved but still only partial support for Spain, Italy and Portugal. Since ISO-International support has never been done before in a GMK GB, this would make any GMK GB with ISO-International support the more appealing to us ISO folks.

Here's the current version of effort, the _GREEN_ keys are the ones that I am advertising here!

Here's a link to the KLE work-in-progress project for your reference: http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/6f7830fa68c43c022e3d691bddb1a9a2
If you click on the layout name you can see the legends.

Depending on the MOQ we reach with this kit, I believe the markup for adding these keys should be <20$ even with just 150 sets, getting closer to 15$ the higher the MOQ gets. Still waiting for a statement from GMK but that's what I would expect with the experience from my recent GMK GB.

EDIT: So yeah while I'm well aware the chance these keys are considered for the current GB are slim I would still love to get some feedback from Brazzers. She's been through a lot of input in this GB and this is a very lovely and popular IC with the potential to reach high MOQ. Would be very interesting for me to hear her opinion about internationalizing a GMK GB.

EDIT2: Got a response from GMK regarding the potential markup when adding these keys to an exiting 100+ keys base kit and even with a 150MOQ the markup should be less than 20$!
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 November 2016, 09:14:00 by wodan »

Offline jessica

« Reply #354 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 12:23:41 »
I am currently working on a "smart" collection of keys that can be used by GMK GB designers to add a decent ISO-International support to their GB without much trouble and effort.

Since you already included most of the ISO-UK keycaps in your set, there are "only" 25 additional keys required to add very solid support for UK, Germany, Sweden, Norway and Denmark while also providing much improved but still only partial support for Spain, Italy and Portugal. Since ISO-International support has never been done before in a GMK GB, this would make any GMK GB with ISO-International support the more appealing to us ISO folks.

Here's the current version of effort, the _GREEN_ keys are the ones that I am advertising here!
Show Image

Here's a link to the KLE work-in-progress project for your reference: http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/6f7830fa68c43c022e3d691bddb1a9a2

Depending on the MOQ we reach with this kit, I believe the markup for adding these keys should be <20$ even with just 150 sets, getting closer to 15$ the higher the MOQ gets. Still waiting for a statement from GMK but that's what I would expect with the experience from my recent GMK GB.

EDIT: So yeah while I'm well aware the chance these keys are considered for the current GB are slim I would still love to get some feedback from Brazzers. She's been through a lot of input in this GB and this is a very lovely and popular IC with the potential to reach high MOQ. Would be very interesting for me to hear her opinion about internationalizing a GMK GB.

EDIT2: Got a response from GMK regarding the potential markup when adding these keys to an exiting 100+ keys base kit and even with a 150MOQ the markup should be less than 20$!

So, I considered doing this but this set is already over 160 keys, with 2 custom colours. The set is already big, and I'm pretty sure adding more keys would make it exceptionally costly.
I'd do a separate buy for it, but I just don't expect 250 sets to be paid for.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #355 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 13:26:33 »

Show Image

So, I considered doing this but this set is already over 160 keys, with 2 custom colours. The set is already big, and I'm pretty sure adding more keys would make it exceptionally costly.

If international kit is offered, I'll surely be in for one!
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline ticktwo

• -kbdfan
« Reply #356 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 02:55:39 »
The colors are exquisite! :thumb:
HHKB | Leopold FC750R | Mech27 (soon) | TX-75 (soon)

Offline anorak

« Reply #357 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 04:02:38 »

Show Image

I am in for at last one kit, if we get the international kit from wodan!

Offline aikilink

« Reply #358 on: Sat, 12 November 2016, 14:33:01 »
This looks really nice! I will definitely be keeping an eye out for it!

Offline jessica

« Reply #359 on: Sat, 12 November 2016, 22:28:11 »
This looks really nice! I will definitely be keeping an eye out for it!

Should start seeing some stuff start coming soon ;)

Offline jackie321304

« Reply #360 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 01:55:00 »
Does this GB happen already?

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #361 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 01:59:27 »
Luckily yes/unfortunately not  ;D

Offline jessica

« Reply #362 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 13:57:00 »

February 2017 is when the GB goes live on Massdrop!

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #363 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 14:16:37 »

Jessica for President!  :thumb:

Offline losskutleboys

« Reply #364 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 14:21:12 »
Is this final ? i need 1u control and alt  ;D
My comfort food is instant ramen

Offline jessica

« Reply #365 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 14:42:37 »

This is the absolute final version of the set.

HOWEVER, there will be an Ergodox / Planck set with plenty of 1u blanks for whatever purposes you need them for :)

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #366 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 14:47:11 »

This is the absolute final version of the set.

HOWEVER, there will be an Ergodox / Planck set with plenty of 1u blanks for whatever purposes you need them for :)

Happy days!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: [IC] GMK Plum (GB going live in Feb 2017)
« Reply #367 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 01:07:55 »

definitely copping a set

Offline Treadstone

« Reply #368 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 08:44:46 »

Just in time to buy myself a birthday gift. Can't wait!  :thumb:

Offline Mahm

« Reply #369 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 19:39:27 »
So excited for this set.

Offline jessica

« Reply #370 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 13:50:30 »
Here you go, weird layout users! .

You asked, now you receive.

Offline poolside

« Reply #371 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 16:51:18 »
GMK renders may be off colorwise, but this last ErgoDox render is more enticing than the others.

Offline jessica

« Reply #372 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 16:54:27 »
GMK renders may be off colorwise, but this last ErgoDox render is more enticing than the others.

GMK colours are always wrong. Go by the 3D renders I've provided in the OP. I even marked which ones I approved of when we were working on the final details (me and thesiscamper) as "Colour Accurate" or something. Most of them should be, but some are not so be warned

Offline poolside

« Reply #373 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 17:28:33 »

GMK colours are always wrong. Go by the 3D renders I've provided in the OP. I even marked which ones I approved of when we were working on the final details (me and thesiscamper) as "Colour Accurate" or something. Most of them should be, but some are not so be warned

Thanks, I did not see the OP update. Nice HHKB-style render!

This set will be my GMK Retro.

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #374 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 02:32:10 »
Hi, is there some news? Please continue to actively drum up interest. Happened just the failure GMK Retro became a bit nervous

Offline jessica

« Reply #375 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 12:17:55 »
Hi, is there some news? Please continue to actively drum up interest. Happened just the failure GMK Retro became a bit nervous

Hey! I'm going to be building plenty of hype for this set, I just don't want to wear people's motivation down too soon. This set goes live on Massdrop in February, so I will be building serious hype come the first of 2017.

I've got some exciting news to share though, when the time comes ;) I bet you'll all love it.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #376 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 12:26:03 »
If I ever feel a lack of hype, I just look at the renders in the first post again... Instant erection of hype!

Offline Lakus

« Reply #377 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 19:46:36 »

If international kit is offered, I'll surely be in for one!

Had to make an account to say this, but yes, if international kits gets posted Im getting one for absolutely sure. As a norwegian I have a very hard time finding complete kits, so if there are kits that fit on offer, theyll probably sell.

Offline darkslay3r

« Reply #378 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 11:02:35 »
how much it will be ?
Viper V2 | TGR 910 CE | TGR 910 Poly R1 | RF 55g

Offline jessica

« Reply #379 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 13:59:56 »
how much it will be ?

Bout tree fiddy.

Really though, I have no idea what the price will be yet. Gonna work on that with GMK / MD in the next couple weeks.

Offline darkslay3r

« Reply #380 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 00:10:20 »
how much it will be ?

Bout tree fiddy.

Really though, I have no idea what the price will be yet. Gonna work on that with GMK / MD in the next couple weeks.

i hope it will affordable lol :D
if it hit $115 maybe i will take 2 sets :D
Viper V2 | TGR 910 CE | TGR 910 Poly R1 | RF 55g

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #381 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 14:09:05 »
how much it will be ?

Bout tree fiddy.

Well it was a this point I realized that the OP was in fact an aquatic reptile from the Mesozoic era!

Offline climbalima

• likes building stuff
« Reply #382 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 13:58:58 »
Here you go, weird layout users!
Show Image

Youre the best jess. Im surprised you didnt only do hhkb support for the entire set ;)

Offline jessica

« Reply #383 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 11:58:17 »
Here you go, weird layout users!
Show Image

Youre the best jess. Im surprised you didnt only do hhkb support for the entire set ;)

I want it to actually meet MOQ, I know I have to cater to you normal layout folks too :P

Offline tlarose

« Reply #384 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 19:17:47 »
Count me in for a set!
Looks terrific.

Offline tkim

« Reply #385 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 05:31:51 »
Very interested in this keyset, will most likely order it on Massdrop when it appears.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #386 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 05:41:16 »

Hey! I'm going to be building plenty of hype for this set, I just don't want to wear people's motivation down too soon. This set goes live on Massdrop in February, so I will be building serious hype come the first of 2017.

I've got some exciting news to share though, when the time comes ;) I bet you'll all love it.

massdrop ouch. will get no european orders.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #387 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 10:06:53 »

Massdrop has banned shipping to Europe.

Offline muten-roshi

« Reply #388 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 10:12:43 »

What? Since?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #389 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 10:13:20 »

What? Since?

Since never. Just messing with Giorgio.

Offline jessica

« Reply #390 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 15:23:55 »

What? Since?

You gave me a ****ing heart attack, jerk.

Offline shangrila500

Re: [IC] GMK Plum (GB going live very soon)
« Reply #391 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 01:25:06 »
Any exciting news for us yet?

Offline jessica

« Reply #392 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 02:31:06 »
Any exciting news for us yet?

Should have solid dates with in the week. *wink*

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #393 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 03:31:54 »

What? Since?

European orders have PLUMmeted

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #394 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 07:15:38 »
Don't know where giorgio gets his data from, but I'm from the UK and will definitely be picking up a set (still officially in the EU technically). So don't pay any attention to his assertions

Offline lunr

« Reply #395 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 16:07:17 »
Probably a bit late but will there be any chance of icon mods? I'll probably be buying the set regardless as I love the colours.

Offline tkim

« Reply #396 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 05:34:59 »
How does the Massdrop model handle orders coming from Germany or within the EU?

Does GMK ship to Massdrop then the keys take a round trip back to Germany? 

Offline johuu

« Reply #397 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 05:52:44 »

Yes

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #398 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 06:09:07 »

Yes it's crazy, but what about this hobby isn't?  ;D
I like keyboards

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #399 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 06:40:35 »

Yes it's crazy, but what about this hobby isn't?  ;D

GMK factory is an hour from my place, can you imagine how I feel about this?