Author Topic: [IC] GMK Plum | GB is OVER | New colour samples are in, and they are stunning.  (Read 174227 times)

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
Re: [IC] GMK Plum (GB going live very soon)
« Reply #400 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 09:16:41 »
I wish there was a simpler way but I guess most buyers are in the US so it makes sense to cater for the majority.

Romevi though goddammit, my heart sank when I read your post   :))
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline shangrila500

« Reply #401 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 01:53:49 »
Any exciting news for us yet?

Should have solid dates with in the week. *wink*

YAY!!! I can't wait to get my hands on this set and the faster it drops the faster I can get it!

Quick question, I don't know if it has been asked yet or not but I wanted to see if there is a chance that you can add a spacebar kit as an add-on kit like T0mb3ry did for GMK Carbon? I would love to be able to use this on my VE.A without having keys that don't match.

Offline darkslay3r

« Reply #402 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 08:08:03 »
any fixed starting price for plum ?
Viper V2 | TGR 910 CE | TGR 910 Poly R1 | RF 55g

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
« Reply #403 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 12:09:53 »
Probably a bit late but will there be any chance of icon mods? I'll probably be buying the set regardless as I love the colours.

No. Icon mods don't feel appropriate for this set.

Offline jessica

« Reply #404 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 12:10:12 »
any fixed starting price for plum ?

Not yet. Trying to get that info from MD / GMK.

Offline jessica

« Reply #405 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 13:06:54 »

YAY!!! I can't wait to get my hands on this set and the faster it drops the faster I can get it!

Quick question, I don't know if it has been asked yet or not but I wanted to see if there is a chance that you can add a spacebar kit as an add-on kit like T0mb3ry did for GMK Carbon? I would love to be able to use this on my VE.A without having keys that don't match.

I really don't like the idea of multiple kits for GMK buys. Hell, I don't even like them for SP buys.
That said, I did just email GMK to add a 2.75u blank key to the Ergodox set, which should cover the VE.A perfectly.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #406 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 22:28:12 »

I really don't like the idea of multiple kits for GMK buys. Hell, I don't even like them for SP buys.
That said, I did just email GMK to add a 2.75u blank key to the Ergodox set, which should cover the VE.A perfectly.

...meaning a blank version of Rshift? what profile?

Offline jessica

« Reply #407 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 23:35:44 »

...meaning a blank version of Rshift? what profile?

R4, meaning you should be able to use it no problem for VE.A

Offline swangful

« Reply #408 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 19:21:35 »
Damn this looks really good O.O
The off white is sexy.

Offline Almost

• Zs Xe
« Reply #409 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 16:06:18 »
Second the off white sexyness. Looks like ye olde sun dried cherry caps, but lovely plumbs instead of cherries.

This couldn't arrive sooner. massdrop hurry take my money pls  :'(
Kbds: KOBO Red Carbon - Filco MJT2 Beige - Topre U23 - Cherry 3700 - Model F XT 5155
Sets: Dolch R1 - Red Alert - Hyperfuse R1 - Cherry WoB - Plum

Offline MungFuSensei

« Reply #410 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 16:29:15 »
Would love if we could get pricing info before the 7th, so I can make an informed decision between this or Terminal (or both).

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #411 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 16:37:08 »
Would love if we could get pricing info before the 7th, so I can make an informed decision between this or Terminal (or both).

GMK Carbon on MD was $100 for the same layout.  I know prices have gone up since then, but I wouldn't think that much.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #412 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 16:48:27 »

GMK Carbon on MD was $100 for the same layout.  I know prices have gone up since then, but I wouldn't think that much.

carbon also sold more sets than any other enthusiast GMK set in history. there were many price breaks that you should never expect for a standard MOQ set. rule of thumb is probably $130-140 for a full set like this. maybe a bit more because of the "custom" colors. I am sure we will have all this info soon

Offline MungFuSensei

« Reply #413 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 16:55:17 »

carbon also sold more sets than any other enthusiast GMK set in history. there were many price breaks that you should never expect for a standard MOQ set. rule of thumb is probably $130-140 for a full set like this. maybe a bit more because of the "custom" colors. I am sure we will have all this info soon

Any guess what it would be + the ergo/ortho kit?

Offline jessica

« Reply #414 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 17:21:51 »

Carbon was also custom colours, so keep that in mind.

I honestly have no idea what pricing will be like, but I'll do my best to keep everyone informed. I promise. <3

Offline darkslay3r

« Reply #415 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 02:29:26 »

I honestly have no idea what pricing will be like, but I'll do my best to keep everyone informed. I promise. <3

tomorrow is february hahaha

Offline jenggo

« Reply #416 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 03:56:25 »

Patient dood
Filcos | JD40 | Planck | FJELL | Jetfire | Weaven | GON 60 | BWU | DasKeyboard | PokerII | Strafe | Octagon v2 | TX 1800 | TXCP | Realforce 104UB | KMAC 1 | TXPad | DC60 | Ergos

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #417 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 05:49:40 »

Good, looking forward to this one and by the way Love your Geekhack Name "Brazzers" that is absolute Gold  8) .

Offline rawrjau

• Stop making nice things so I can stop spending
« Reply #418 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 08:13:16 »
One more day and soon can be very soon! Woooo

Offline darkslay3r

« Reply #419 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 08:52:03 »

Patient dood

BERAKKKKKK

Offline losskutleboys

« Reply #420 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 10:27:59 »

Patient dood

BERAKKKKKK

Cebok bro
My comfort food is instant ramen

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #421 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 13:22:08 »
I am currently working on a "smart" collection of keys that can be used by GMK GB designers to add a decent ISO-International support to their GB without much trouble and effort.

Since you already included most of the ISO-UK keycaps in your set, there are "only" 25 additional keys required to add very solid support for UK, Germany, Sweden, Norway and Denmark while also providing much improved but still only partial support for Spain, Italy and Portugal. Since ISO-International support has never been done before in a GMK GB, this would make any GMK GB with ISO-International support the more appealing to us ISO folks.

Here's the current version of effort, the _GREEN_ keys are the ones that I am advertising here!
Show Image

Here's a link to the KLE work-in-progress project for your reference: http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/6f7830fa68c43c022e3d691bddb1a9a2
If you click on the layout name you can see the legends.

Depending on the MOQ we reach with this kit, I believe the markup for adding these keys should be <20$ even with just 150 sets, getting closer to 15$ the higher the MOQ gets. Still waiting for a statement from GMK but that's what I would expect with the experience from my recent GMK GB.

EDIT: So yeah while I'm well aware the chance these keys are considered for the current GB are slim I would still love to get some feedback from Brazzers. She's been through a lot of input in this GB and this is a very lovely and popular IC with the potential to reach high MOQ. Would be very interesting for me to hear her opinion about internationalizing a GMK GB.

EDIT2: Got a response from GMK regarding the potential markup when adding these keys to an exiting 100+ keys base kit and even with a 150MOQ the markup should be less than 20$!

Nice work wodan

How does the Massdrop model handle orders coming from Germany or within the EU?

Does GMK ship to Massdrop then the keys take a round trip back to Germany?

Yes it's crazy, but what about this hobby isn't?  ;D

GMK factory is an hour from my place, can you imagine how I feel about this?

It's especially frustrating considering the extra we must pay for the shipping. Why can't we get motivated designers for such buys here in the EU?

Here you go, weird layout users!
Show Image

You asked, now you receive.

Thanks for adding this kit.

This has the potential to be a classic. I hope it sells well enough for a significant price drop.

Just out of curiosity, how much would it have to sell to get to Carbon levels of discount?

Offline aurora

• life
« Reply #422 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 13:34:17 »
Over 1000 I'm pretty sure.

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #423 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 15:29:58 »
I'm SO KEEN on this set however it doesn't offer much flexibility for the right-hand row on a 75%. I know there's not much hope of a blank key for each row but that would be nice, much like other GMK sets rolling around at the moment.

Offline jessica

« Reply #424 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 02:09:13 »

Good, looking forward to this one and by the way Love your Geekhack Name "Brazzers" that is absolute Gold  8) .
Blame Brocaps.

Offline darkslay3r

« Reply #425 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 02:25:56 »

Blame Brocaps.

still waiting .....................

Offline jessica

« Reply #426 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 02:41:22 »

Blame Brocaps.

dude i'm doin what i can, just have faith stuff is gonna happen.
i promise, everything will be here before you know it, it's just a lot of this is out of my direct control so making it go faster is just something i cant do

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #427 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 10:22:52 »

Blame Brocaps.

i promise, everything will be here before you know it, it's just a lot of this is out of my direct control so making it go faster is just something i cant do

I think they meant still waiting for the story.
(Still checking massdrop twice a day for this now though)

Offline jessica

Re: [IC] GMK Plum | GB goes live Feb. 14th on Massdrop
« Reply #428 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 12:49:15 »
Bumperooni so people see the thread title is updated.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Offline losskutleboys

« Reply #429 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 12:57:04 »

Happy Valentine's Day!

Congrats!! So, any news on pricing ?

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #430 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 12:57:55 »
HYYYPPPPEEEEEEEE

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #431 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 13:38:11 »

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day shall be rife with plums and brazzers ;)

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #432 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 15:44:36 »
dude ... on my bday  ;) great little gift! cant wait  :cool:
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline Sissy

« Reply #433 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 20:26:47 »

Happy Valentine's Day!
couple days before my next pay, good stuff

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #434 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 20:40:37 »

It's MassDrop and when it comes to running any Group Buys for key-sets, always takes time to finally show up on their website.

When this finally goes LIVE then watch all the GMK Zealots jump on board, because never before seen any set with these type of Colours  :thumb: .

Offline spiritanimals

« Reply #435 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 15:31:33 »

Happy Valentine's Day!

YIPPEEEEE. Thank you!

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #436 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 20:13:22 »
This key set doesn't have a Colemak kit, it doesn't have apple keys. That's usually my requirement for buying an expensive (i.e. Not 35euros) set.

However the colours are truly well matched, and I feel like this is a classic in waiting. I don't even need another set but there's a good chance I'm in on this, especially since the start date is now 14th.

Incidentally, are sp the only manufacturer who offers Colemak options?

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #437 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 21:38:00 »
This key set doesn't have a Colemak kit, it doesn't have apple keys. That's usually my requirement for buying an expensive (i.e. Not 35euros) set.

However the colours are truly well matched, and I feel like this is a classic in waiting. I don't even need another set but there's a good chance I'm in on this, especially since the start date is now 14th.

Incidentally, are sp the only manufacturer who offers Colemak options?

Actually, GMK could offer Colemark as well as SP, but they need much higher MOQ about 150.
The truth, higher MOQ of GMK , is the hindrance to make GMK's Colemak options.
Ofcourse, some new legends of Colemak layout is another hinderance to make that , since GMK has to create new molds for these keycaps, which higher up the cost of Colemak options.

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #438 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 23:47:25 »
Right now if I want Colemak legends I have to either settle for DSA (or other uniform profile) SA, or OEM  profile keycaps (printed by WASD). Are there ANY cherry/DCS/OEM Colemak keys that I am unaware of?

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #439 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 00:09:14 »
Valentines day it is! Super excited for this set, thanks Brazzers for setting this up!

Offline d4rryn

« Reply #440 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 04:29:36 »
Can't wait! My body is ready!

Offline adamseto

« Reply #441 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 05:30:26 »
Dear Bro

Pls add Aprofile or R5

Name : Lê Duy Hùng
Email : thanchetdemnoel@gmail.com
Cellphone : 0979134953/0979534913

Name : Lê Duy Hùng ( Alex )
Cell phone : (+84) 979 13 49 53
BBM : 2AA9E38E
OEM : Filco full red SW/Filco Camouflage full Brown SW/Realforce 108UDK/Realforce 87U Silent/Cherry ESA-3000-HASRO
Custom : KMAC2 VintageBlack 62g/360C Black 60G Gold/TheCheat Vintage Black 62G/Dolphin Vintage Black 60G/LZ-STAN

Offline VereChi

« Reply #442 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 05:37:50 »
Dear Bro

Pls add Aprofile or R5

Why you leave your phone number here...??
O_o

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #443 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 05:38:11 »
Dear Bro

Pls add Aprofile or R5

Alright Mr. Christmas Eve Reaper...

This set has been finalised for a long time. Additions are not gonna happen.

Also, Brazzers is gril :p
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline losskutleboys

« Reply #444 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 06:02:52 »
Dear Bro

Pls add Aprofile or R5

Why you leave your phone number here...??
O_o

dudes wrote full resumé on his profile's signature

Offline 3K

« Reply #445 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 12:28:09 »
Any information about if Ergodox kit will be available without alphas? Probably not because MD, right?

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline jessica

« Reply #446 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 15:00:40 »
Dear Bro

Pls add Aprofile or R5

Alright Mr. Christmas Eve Reaper...

This set has been finalised for a long time. Additions are not gonna happen.

Also, Brazzers is gril :p

You'd think signing all my important posts as Jessica would make it clear...

Offline jessica

« Reply #447 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 15:02:04 »
Dear Bro

Pls add Aprofile or R5

1. No
2. I'll hit you up some time, let's go bowling or something.

Offline jessica

« Reply #448 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 15:03:29 »
Any information about if Ergodox kit will be available without alphas? Probably not because MD, right?

I'm like 99% sure you'll be able to pick up just the Ergodox / Planck kit on it's own, without need for the main kit. If you're just looking for some mods to pair with another GMK set on a 'Dox, then I think this will be ideal.

Offline breckstar

« Reply #449 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 18:34:09 »
Any way to get the wine/burgundy color mods as a separate pack?