Author Topic: [IC] GMK Plum | GB is OVER | New colour samples are in, and they are stunning.  (Read 174236 times)

Offline pomk

Re: [IC] GMK Plum | GB is LIVE
« Reply #600 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 16:37:31 »
According to MD representative the international set is going to be made regardless of how many sets are sold.  :thumb:
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-plum-add-on-keycap-kit/talk/1611493

Offline SoftKeys

« Reply #601 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 17:42:55 »
I joined in for a Plum set at the last minute yesterday. Lookin forward to it! Great work Brazzers/Jessica :thumb:

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
« Reply #602 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 20:23:55 »
I joined in for a Plum set at the last minute yesterday. Lookin forward to it! Great work Brazzers/Jessica :thumb:

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #603 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 21:16:04 »
According to MD representative the international set is going to be made regardless of how many sets are sold.  :thumb:

Even though I'm a heavy advocate of ANSI usage in ISO territory it makes me super happy to see MD and GMK both supporting and going the extra mile for international - it'll hopefully encourage more people to join in the future knowing that there's a good chance int. makes it despite pulling lesser numbers, that way it may have a better chance at steadily climbing and becoming more relevant.

I don't know how much money it is costing either of the companies to make that happen but if this can continue happening for a few more drops then maybe it'll actually be meaningful in the long run.

Offline kolruds

« Reply #604 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 02:11:07 »

Nooo! I didn't think intl would happen, so I backed out.. Thats a shame.. Well, lets hope they do the same for Yuri then!

Offline pomk

« Reply #605 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 02:58:33 »
Maybe gmk is not so moq driven when you make a 20 000 usd order at the same time.

Offline losskutleboys

« Reply #606 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 06:04:05 »

And some people are still thinking that MD is bad for the community  :rolleyes:
My comfort food is instant ramen

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #607 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 14:39:14 »

their shipping is bad for my health. almost got cancer tracking my last package

Offline HandiHanyut

• pika, pikaaa doet
Re: [IC] GMK Plum | GB is OVER | Thanks for all the support!!!
« Reply #608 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 04:31:40 »
Cant wait for the Plum !!!
there's no drop price for hit 1.5 ?  ;D
Soon™ |TGR Jane V2CE | TX75 | Realforce RGB | KBDLite67 | Elis Acrylic Keyboard | UTD360C

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #609 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 05:35:57 »
Maybe gmk is not so moq driven when you make a 20 000 usd order at the same time.

I think you missed out a zero, 1.6k units at 120 dollars is more like 200000 dollars (a fifth of a million wew that's a lot of doosh)
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #610 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 06:43:38 »

That's DHL. Although Massdrop could certainly choose a better agent.

Offline pomk

« Reply #611 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 07:01:34 »

I think you missed out a zero, 1.6k units at 120 dollars is more like 200000 dollars (a fifth of a million wew that's a lot of doosh)
Oops!  :-[

Offline wodan

« Reply #612 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 07:05:36 »
Oops!  :-[

Didn't you have some corrections suggested for the international kit ... ?
Did they make their way into the final design?

Offline pomk

« Reply #613 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 07:20:48 »
This was posted some hours ago https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-plum-add-on-keycap-kit/talk/1614094
It seems that we still don't know what we bought  :))

Offline losskutleboys

« Reply #614 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 09:10:00 »

That's DHL. Although Massdrop could certainly choose a better agent.

What agent is better than dhl ? i'd like to know for future reference

Offline DuFF

« Reply #615 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 10:57:04 »
This was posted some hours ago https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-plum-add-on-keycap-kit/talk/1614094
It seems that we still don't know what we bought  :))

well at least we bought something with plum colors  :))

Offline Kalopsia

« Reply #616 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 16:59:21 »
Can we expect a round 2 of this GB in the future?

Offline jessica

« Reply #617 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 18:05:13 »
Can we expect a round 2 of this GB in the future?

Yah sure why not?

Offline Kalopsia

« Reply #618 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 08:22:49 »

Offline pomk

« Reply #619 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 13:10:28 »
It seems that all of the suggested changes to the international kit were adopted. Full DE & SWE/FI support in addition to the DK & NO support it already had.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-plum-add-on-keycap-kit/talk/1614598

Offline jessica

« Reply #620 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 13:29:18 »
It seems that all of the suggested changes to the international kit were adopted. Full DE & SWE/FI support in addition to the DK & NO support it already had.

Mhmm. Just took a little bit to get an official render for it due to GMK being on the other side of the planet and our working hours being less than ideal (Only 4 mutual work days and all that..).

Basically, the intl set now gives plenty of complete support for EU people. Sorry French and Spanish speakers, you'll make it in next time. It's sort of funny though, English, French and Spanish are the only languages I can actually speak with any degree of success and yet I didn't even consider the latter two for intl kit support :P

Offline losskutleboys

« Reply #621 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 07:02:32 »
Just found this gmk penumbra picture on my facebook but it was removed for unknown reasons
162333-0

do we expect plum alphas to be similiar or more yellowish ? I think the penumbra turned out great.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #622 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 08:24:32 »
Just found this gmk penumbra picture on my facebook but it was removed for unknown reasons
(Attachment Link)

do we expect plum alphas to be similiar or more yellowish ? I think the penumbra turned out great.

Wow, that looks good!

Offline Perfex

« Reply #623 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 08:27:00 »
Indeed  :cool:

Offline losskutleboys

« Reply #624 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 08:49:44 »
(Attachment Link)

Wow, that looks good!

Someone on reddit rehost a captured gmk penumbra too because apparently it was taken down as well.  But it looks a bit more white-ish. Maybe because of the lighting ?

Offline SpareWalrus

« Reply #625 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 08:52:26 »
(Attachment Link)

I think those ones look almost too yellow, while the plum ones have more of a beige-ish tinge to them.

Offline losskutleboys

« Reply #626 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 09:03:01 »
(Attachment Link)

I think those ones look almost too yellow, while the plum ones have more of a beige-ish tinge to them.

I mean, i wouldn't complain if Jessica ended up with the exact same alphas color as gmk penumbra. But then again she received the sample (Which to me is yellowish rather than beige-ish) and want to weighed her options more by asking gmk for more yellowy than she originally received. That's why i'm curious what Jessica's take on gmk penumbra alphas.

Offline jessica

« Reply #627 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 12:34:10 »
(Attachment Link)

I mean, i wouldn't complain if Jessica ended up with the exact same alphas color as gmk penumbra. But then again she received the sample (Which to me is yellowish rather than beige-ish) and want to weighed her options more by asking gmk for more yellowy than she originally received. That's why i'm curious what Jessica's take on gmk penumbra alphas.

Hey guys, figured I'd weigh in here.
First off, my camera and lighting sucks, so take the pictures with a grain of salt. The sample caps I got for the alphas are quite pale compared to penumbras, it seems. I'm aiming for something between what I've got now, and what's going on with penumbras.

Hopefully that calms some peoples mind. Basically, how it looks in the renders is how the set will really look.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #628 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 07:15:10 »
Whatever looks right to the designer is probably going to be fine with everyone :)
If not, selling this is probably not going to be superdifficult.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #629 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 16:14:33 »
(Attachment Link)

Hey guys, figured I'd weigh in here.
First off, my camera and lighting sucks, so take the pictures with a grain of salt. The sample caps I got for the alphas are quite pale compared to penumbras, it seems. I'm aiming for something between what I've got now, and what's going on with penumbras.

Hopefully that calms some peoples mind. Basically, how it looks in the renders is how the set will really look.
It's your set so do what ya do.  Whatever way it goes I'm excited for my set.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline orpheo

« Reply #630 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 01:17:16 »

Mhmm. Just took a little bit to get an official render for it due to GMK being on the other side of the planet and our working hours being less than ideal (Only 4 mutual work days and all that..).

Basically, the intl set now gives plenty of complete support for EU people. Sorry French and Spanish speakers, you'll make it in next time. It's sort of funny though, English, French and Spanish are the only languages I can actually speak with any degree of success and yet I didn't even consider the latter two for intl kit support :P

French community is there but the Atlantic propaganda is strong here. I mean people can hardly write French anymore, but still there are French writing lovers out there, we need ISO Fr support Oh dear OP!

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #631 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 18:01:38 »
Nevermind I saw an answer to my question a few up.

Offline jessica

« Reply #632 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 16:13:32 »
Hey hey everyone, got an email from GMK just yesterday and felt it appropriate to share.

Colour samples should be no later than next Wednesday, and Christoph seems confident in the purple, and I can practically guarantee I'll be going with the original alpha colour.

I will also be getting some help from my sister's friend who has a very nice camera and lots of experience, so she can take some very colour accurate photos of the keys, to give the best idea of what to expect :)

If you have any questions, ask away. I'll do my best to answer them.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #633 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 16:20:18 »
Hey hey everyone, got an email from GMK just yesterday and felt it appropriate to share.

Show Image

Colour samples should be no later than next Wednesday, and Christoph seems confident in the purple, and I can practically guarantee I'll be going with the original alpha colour.

I will also be getting some help from my sister's friend who has a very nice camera and lots of experience, so she can take some very colour accurate photos of the keys, to give the best idea of what to expect :)

So pumped to see this!

Offline poolside

« Reply #634 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 16:34:49 »

Show Image

Don't mix up the bags by taking all the caps out at the same time! :p

Offline jessica

« Reply #635 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 20:28:04 »

Show Image

Don't mix up the bags by taking all the caps out at the same time! :p

I've got the original samples in a bag labelled "ORIGINAL"

:P

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #636 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 20:51:56 »

Show Image

Don't mix up the bags by taking all the caps out at the same time!

I've got the original samples in a bag labelled "ORIGINAL"

ORIGINAL
R
I
G
I
N
A
LANIGIRO

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #637 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 08:59:10 »
Pumped! plumped!

Offline jessica

« Reply #638 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 20:41:35 »
Hey all, v2 colour samples came in. Confirmed my thoughts and I will definitely be going with the v1 yellow, and v2 purple.

Purples

Yellows

v1 yellow + v1 purple on top | v1 yellow + v2 purple on bottom

Let me know your thoughts!

Offline Tally810

Looks good to me but in pretty easy to please.  Excited for the set.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Good choice on the purple. That other one had a weird gloss to it.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #641 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 20:46:42 »
Hey all, v2 colour samples came in. Confirmed my thoughts and I will definitely be going with the v1 yellow, and v2 purple.

Purples
Show Image

Yellows
Show Image

v1 yellow + v1 purple on top | v1 yellow + v2 purple on bottom
Show Image

Yep, this confirmed my suspicion - Joining this group buy was an excellent choice. Colors look gorgeous and extremely accurate to the renders!

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Great choice on the colors. v2 purple looks so much better!
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 March 2017, 21:27:56 by UsualSuspectXXX »

Offline oatmicro

Great choice on the colors. v1 purple looks so much better!

v2 you mean...

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Great choice on the colors. v2 purple looks so much better!

v2 you mean...

Yes, that is entirely what I meant >_<

I blame mobile

Offline SpareWalrus

v2 purple and v1 yellow look great together. Super excited!

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
thank you for sharing the samples
 i prefer to V1 purple, more unfathomable darker purple is charmingful.
but i could not easily choose V1 , a darker one , between  V2, but creamy one. Both are acceptable for me
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 March 2017, 22:04:12 by shower_king »

Offline 1deeg

v1 yellow + v2 purple :thumb:

I think it's going to look great  ^-^

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #648 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 23:13:55 »

Nice.

Offline Theconejo

I wanted to repost this from the massdrop comments to maybe get more attention and traction, granted it might be too late at this point.

Someone asked for 1u alt and ctrl keys to cover plank, which in turn made me think I will run into the same problem running this on my sentraq 65% that I'll be building.

Tldr: is it too late to ask for 1u r4 alt+ctrl keys?