Author Topic: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!  (Read 1407204 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!
« Reply #3400 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 14:51:30 »
Show Image

...slight chance i've been a little bored today :D

Whaaaaaaaaaaat

What is going on here

Two pictures have three monitors, two pictures have four monitors

Zero pictures explain the dealio

One Hoffman is confused

Also, your setup looks amazing and I really want to know more  :D

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #3401 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 14:54:10 »
Show Image

I see that green font.

We need a black hat hacker...hoz

/this is sweet

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #3402 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 14:54:45 »
Show Image

DAYUM SON! That looks fantastic. Particularly the bottom right. I can only dream of a setup like that.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3403 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 14:55:59 »
More
Show Image

Dang, that pink looks nice, I am in the midst of putting pink LED strips around my room, but I need to get a wall adapter soon unless I plan on running a cable from the molex connector in my keyboard to my desk.

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #3404 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 14:57:27 »
i am a fan of your wrist rest, drhubblephd.

That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me  :'(

I was kinda hoodwinked though, should have seen it coming though, advertising part of the wood as "Brazilian rosewood" which is endangered and outrageously hard to find.

Offline TopreFan333

« Reply #3405 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 17:01:54 »
Quote from: drhubblephd
I was kinda hoodwinked though, should have seen it coming though, advertising part of the wood as "Brazilian rosewood" which is endangered and outrageously hard to find.

Probably good that it's not actually Brazilian rosewood then, right?

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #3406 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 17:05:06 »
Quote from: drhubblephd

Probably good that it's not actually Brazilian rosewood then, right?

Yeah it is a good thing but I am still kinda bummed that I fell for it. I have a pen made out of real Brazilian rosewood and it is beautiful. You cant get pieces much bigger than that size though, certainly not as long as a wrist wrest.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3407 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 20:07:22 »
Show Image

Very nice setup!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Doyniish

• Good you
    • Power Hour Playlists
« Reply #3408 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 11:43:32 »
Show Image

Triple portrait ftw.

Offline hoz

• 60% is more than enough.
« Reply #3409 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 10:27:08 »
Show Image

Whaaaaaaaaaaat

What is going on here

Two pictures have three monitors, two pictures have four monitors

Zero pictures explain the dealio

One Hoffman is confused

Also, your setup looks amazing and I really want to know more  :D

had to test the HD7870 Ghz edition i've had lying around for ages when i realized it had more outputs than my 5870.
played around with my old Dell 27" that's usually by my brothers gaming rig and two thrift shop Dell 1708FP's :)

Keyboards are:
Ducky mini yoth, mx greens, Duckys blank white pbt iso keyset
Ducky G2Pro TKL Special clicky mx blue/green, Duckys yellow pbt dyesub iso keyset
KBParadise V60 Blue/Red led, mx greens, ansi #70/190 SP's blank DSA pbt keycaps

techspecs from another forum:
Mac Pro 5.1/2*X5650/32GB REG ECC 4x8GB/HD7870 2GB/OWC Accelsior E2 240GB+2x256GB MX100 in r0+240GB M500/
Eizo EV2736B/Dell U2713hm/Steinberg CI2+/KRK Rokit RP-8 G3/KRK 10S/Ducky mini YOTH/MX Performance/X-rite Colormunki Display

Show Image

DAYUM SON! That looks fantastic. Particularly the bottom right. I can only dream of a setup like that.

it's ok but i think it'll be #1 with tiltable wallmounts for the speakers when i move the setup where it supposed to be :)

Show Image

Triple portrait ftw.

That setup i could consider with screens in another ratio, but never use with 3x1440p :P

Show Image

I see that green font.

We need a black hat hacker...hoz

/this is sweet

Sorry to dissapoint you but the closest to hacking i get is when i'm figuring out passwords for old sites i didn't remember i have :D

Show Image

Very nice setup!

More
Show Image

Dang, that pink looks nice, I am in the midst of putting pink LED strips around my room, but I need to get a wall adapter soon unless I plan on running a cable from the molex connector in my keyboard to my desk.

heh, got a crush on pink/purple lately, but they are RGB SMD5050's so i can change it when i'm bored, i've just used some random 12v adapters i had lying around with enough power :)
why would you have a molex with +12v in your keyboard? °_°
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 January 2015, 10:33:09 by hoz »
one 40% and seven 60%'s

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3410 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 10:34:21 »

why would you have a molex with +12v in your keyboard? °_°
I meant PC, don't know how I screwed that up

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3411 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 18:56:45 »
Show Image

That is one amazing setup  :thumb:

love that pink
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Yslen

« Reply #3412 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 07:36:23 »

I've been meaning to post here for ages but it's hard to get a half decent photo to use... I gave up and used a crummy vintage filter to hide the total lack of dynamic range :D

Cable clips for the power lead, a desk that cost more than £14.00 and some wall art all on the cards. Might look out for a bonsai tree...

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #3413 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 13:38:37 »
Show Image

Show Image

I've been meaning to post here for ages but it's hard to get a half decent photo to use... I gave up and used a crummy vintage filter to hide the total lack of dynamic range :D

Cable clips for the power lead, a desk that cost more than £14.00 and some wall art all on the cards. Might look out for a bonsai tree...
Super clean setup. :thumb:

Offline Yslen

« Reply #3414 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 16:13:24 »
Thanks. Night time shot... again awful photo sorry!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #3415 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 16:18:45 »

Show Image

Does it ever bother your eyes having a window behind your screen?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Yslen

« Reply #3416 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 16:24:38 »

Show Image

Does it ever bother your eyes having a window behind your screen?

Quite the opposite. In my old place I had to have an LED strip on the back of the monitor or the contrast (bright monitor surrounded by blackness) gave me a headache. Same issue with my TV, which has a lamp hidden behind it. Having the desk looking out of the window seems to solve the problem without be having to mess about with lighting... plus I like the view :)

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #3417 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 16:30:22 »
That's good for your eyes if you can just look over and flex them to focus on something in the distance. I can peer out into the hallway at work, I look out there occasionally and focus on something far away.

Show Image

And that.. that's just dope as ****. Adjustable height desk also FTW.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3418 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 17:23:45 »

Show Image

"That's not a basement, it's a command center!"
I'm back.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3419 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 01:50:35 »
Show Image

dat view
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3420 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 03:53:58 »
Show Image

dat view

+1

Distracting?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Yslen

« Reply #3421 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 04:15:09 »
I have issues seeing the screen if the sun is shining brightly, but as it's Britain it's not a problem I have very often. The blinds work pretty nicely, fortunately.

Some other shots I found on my phone, though only the first is from the desk, so sorry for the slight deviation from the topic :D

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3422 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 06:18:47 »

I have issues seeing the screen if the sun is shining brightly, but as it's Britain it's not a problem I have very often. The blinds work pretty nicely, fortunately.

Some other shots I found on my phone, though only the first is from the desk, so sorry for the slight deviation from the topic :D

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Wow, beautiful!  Seems like yours is the tallest building in the immediate area. Makes for a great view!  Last time I lived in a big city my apartment on the 23rd floor looked out to the next building's 23rd floor :-(
I'm back.

Offline Yslen

« Reply #3423 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 07:16:09 »
Yeah, it's very different to my last place that's for sure. British cities are very flat... we're allergic to high rise buildings after some questionable post-war urban housing projects ended badly. Cities half this size in the states have rows of skyscrapers, and we've got a couple of buildings over 20 floors. Love the view, which is good because it probably accounts for a big chunk of the rent...

Offline slinky773

• Young Fenimore Lee
« Reply #3424 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 13:21:13 »
not as cool as most of you guys but my work set up

Show Image

I know this is from a while ago, but man, when I saw that, I freaked out at the Brand New album covers. Are those framed vinyls?
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 February 2015, 13:28:41 by slinky773 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3425 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 03:38:12 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Are you ever worried about people looking in, perhaps with a telescope or telescopic lens?

I've only ever lived on the ground floor, or first floor with dark window tinting.

Offline danwomansan

• Also known by my real name, ********!
« Reply #3426 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 14:54:57 »

desktop bit the dust
it's pronounced "danw omansen", not "dan woman san"

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #3427 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 15:12:03 »
Show Image

desktop bit the dust

That sucks, but on the bright side you're using the correct GH color scheme.  :thumb:
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3428 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 16:39:39 »
Show Image

desktop bit the dust

That sucks, but on the bright side you're using the correct GH color scheme.  :thumb:
Black is Better™
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #3429 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 17:08:59 »
Show Image

desktop bit the dust

Black is Better™

Hwood is right, once you go black, you never go back.

Offline danwomansan

• Also known by my real name, ********!
« Reply #3430 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 17:13:11 »
Show Image

desktop bit the dust

Black is Better�

that's not true, I went white and it feels right!
it's pronounced "danw omansen", not "dan woman san"

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #3431 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 17:14:55 »
Show Image

desktop bit the dust

Black is Better�

+1
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #3432 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 17:18:00 »
Show Image

desktop bit the dust

Black is Better�

+1

You forgot a witty rhyme in your reply.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #3433 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 17:20:27 »
You forgot a witty rhyme in your reply.

I'm far too illiterate to rhyme.  :blank:

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #3434 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 00:16:30 »
Currently using Realforce 55g because it has the feel of a King.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #3435 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 00:52:12 »
love the look of that keycap layout! is there a transparent brobot v2 in green that you could match with even better?
and I'm sure Kings were masochists indeed.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #3436 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 01:04:20 »
love the look of that keycap layout! is there a transparent brobot v2 in green that you could match with even better?
and I'm sure Kings were masochists indeed.

Thank you! I love it also! It's stayed this way for longer than any other theme I've done for this keyboard. I believe there is one transparent V2 cap but because it's an older V2 version, the profile would be slightly different, and I don't like inconsistencies :P However, there is GID green, which I'd gladly use, but I don't have :P

The Kings are masochists indeed, but it makes them so much better :D

Offline bianco

« Reply #3437 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 07:06:23 »

Show Image

cool unique setup!
expected nothing less  ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3438 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 15:44:36 »

Show Image

Excellent highlighting on the 23UB! ;D

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #3439 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:03:46 »

Show Image

You make me wanna splurge on a rf 55g sometime...
I think the beer skull cap is a really great color every time I see it! :thumb:
I remember there was a bit of talking about the love of it somewhere before lol

Oh, and that rf theme reminds me of red and green starbursts, makes me want to eat them :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:09:40 by sorijealut »

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3440 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:04:37 »
At this point, I think my next board is going to be a RF White TKL

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #3441 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:11:04 »

Uuuuf I want a white one too! :O with a red ESC cap...  :'(

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3442 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:20:20 »

Uuuuf I want a white one too! :O with a red ESC cap...  :'(
I really want to try 55g topre, I feel like I would enjoy it. 

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #3443 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:20:59 »

Show Image

2/10

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #3444 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 17:43:24 »

Show Image

cool unique setup!

You're cool and unique ~ <3 <3 <3

hehehe~ You would compliment the yellow~ Thank youuu~

Oh, and that rf theme reminds me of red and green starbursts, makes me want to eat them :D

Good! You should get one! You won't regret it! Definitely the best Topre switch.
Yeah, everybody seems to love the Drunken duo~ as do I :P
People wanting to eat my colored caps is a common response :P Glad you like them~

... GET 55g! Splurge and be happy :P

DO EET. 55g! You will enjoy it!

One of us, mang. One of us.

Show Image

2/10

Could be worse; your mom was 1/10.

Offline nukec

• that rug really tied the room together
« Reply #3445 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 17:52:48 »
Yeah, it's very different to my last place that's for sure. British cities are very flat... we're allergic to high rise buildings after some questionable post-war urban housing projects ended badly. Cities half this size in the states have rows of skyscrapers, and we've got a couple of buildings over 20 floors. Love the view, which is good because it probably accounts for a big chunk of the rent...

Yslen in which city do you live and what do you do? Could I afford this apartment as a software developer?
HHKB Pro2, Poker2 Blue, KBPV60 Brown, DuckyShine3 Brown

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3446 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 17:52:54 »

Show Image

cool unique setup!

You're cool and unique ~ <3 <3 <3

hehehe~ You would compliment the yellow~ Thank youuu~

Good! You should get one! You won't regret it! Definitely the best Topre switch.
Yeah, everybody seems to love the Drunken duo~ as do I :P
People wanting to eat my colored caps is a common response :P Glad you like them~

... GET 55g! Splurge and be happy :P

DO EET. 55g! You will enjoy it!

One of us, mang. One of us.

Show Image

2/10

Could be worse; your mom was 1/10.
How much different than an hhkb?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #3447 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 18:00:09 »

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3448 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 18:00:47 »

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #3449 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 21:51:01 »
This was taken a few weeks back, I've since added an overhead lamp behind the computer monitors, but I'm just to lazy to take a picture at the moment.

你搞砸了