Author Topic: [GB] GMK Mudbeam - EU orders shipped, others waiting on freight.  (Read 40570 times)

Offline scud80

[GB] GMK Mudbeam - EU orders shipped, others waiting on freight.
« on: Fri, 09 October 2020, 13:15:18 »

tl;dr - $15 plus shipping for a deskpad; $3 each plus $4 flat USA shipping for wire keys (or free shipping with a deskpad)

Form link - this is also at the bottom

**Deskpad**

These will be ready to ship in 2 months or so, depending on shipping time from Asia.  I have received a sample piece already to review, and I’m quite happy with the result.  Below are some pictures of that one.  The beige and yellow look excellent.  The gray isn’t quite as close as those, but dark colors are tougher to photograph in strong light due to the underlying material showing through more.  Graphic design by Nephlock, and he also took the studio shots.

Studio shot, full

Studio shot, yellow and beige

Studio shot, gray

Sun shot, full

Sun shot, full with keys

Indoor shot, full

These are very similar to the ones sold by NovelKeys.  They’re 900x400mm, 4mm thick, with a smooth texture on top.  They come with an unbranded white drawstring bag for storage.  I’m pricing these lower than most other deskpads, since I mostly made them because I wanted it for myself so I’m not trying to maximize profit.  The price is $15 per deskpad now ($18 once they’re in hand), plus shipping from 90028.  Sales tax will be collected for shipments to California addresses (basically $1 extra).  A few examples of shipping costs for a single deskpad: 

California - $9 
Denver/Seattle - $10 
Chicago/Houston - $12 
Miami/New York - $13 

International shipping would be too expensive for these, but I can check on much it would cost to send some to the GMK Mudbeam vendors (Desk Hero, mykeyboard.eu, Daily Clack, zFrontier) for cheaper distribution so please fill out the form if you’d be interested.

**Wire Novelty Keys**

These are the same keys from the Novelty kit that was sold during the Mudbeam keyset GB.  The novelty kit came with 2 wire keys of each color, and I had extras made so that you can do something like this if you want:

Lots of wire!

I have both the yellow with gray wire and gray with yellow wire available for $3 each.  Shipping is a flat $4 in the USA for any number of them.  International shipping is available, and the cost will depend on your country.  If you’re also getting a deskpad then there’s no additional shipping for these, but they won’t ship until the deskpad does.  Otherwise they’ll ship within a few days of payment.

Here’s the form for deskpads and wire keys.

I’ll leave the form open for a couple weeks, and will send out invoices every few days.  Feel free to post or message if you have any questions!

**Artisan Keycaps**

I’m considering doing some more commissions for matching artisan keycaps from Artkey.  The sculpts available are Bull v2 ($270), Voidwalker ($300), Exmor ($400), Medieval ($800 for 6 sculpts).  I’m not putting these on the Google form, but send me a pm here or on Discord (scud80#9392) if you might be interested in joining one of those, or if you’re not interested in those but might be interested in sculpts from other makers later on.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 April 2022, 14:46:56 by scud80 »

Offline scud80

Re: [GB] GMK Mudbeam - LIVE until October 30!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 09 October 2020, 14:36:37 »
older stuff:

(pic by 89sec)

First of all, here are vendor links to buy the set: 
USA - NovelKeys 
Canada: Desk Hero 
Europe - mykeyboard.eu
Oceania - Daily Clack 
Asia - zFrontier (English) 
Asia - zFrontier (Chinese) 

Renders:
Here are kit renders for you to peruse.
And here are various board renders.
All renders are by Janglad, and the novelties were created by biip.

This is a keyset inspired by the Mudbeam colorway from Hunger Work Studio.  The colors for this kit will be custom, matched to resin samples provided by HWS.  The GB will run until October 30, and the current estimate for shipping is May 2021.

Click here to check out the colors in the set compared with some GMK standard colors.  The quarter circles were sanded and the eighth circles were not.  GMK has a semi-matte finish so the ultimate result should be somewhere between those two.

Since this is, to my knowledge, the first keyset inspired by artisan keycaps there will be quite a bit of artisan support for the set.  The first artisan raffle will happen about 2 weeks after the GB is complete, and is currently slated to have caps from Artkey, Ritual Master, LazyCaps, Fraktal Caps, Hunger Work Studio, and Destroyer Caps.  PrimeCaps will also be making matching artisans, though they may not be ready for the first raffle.  All of these will be exclusive to GB participants.  Alpha Keycaps will also be participating, with details to be provided later.  Other collabs are in discussion, and if you're an artisan maker and would like to participate please get in touch!

For the artisan raffle, GB participants will get 1 entry for each base kit purchased and 1 entry for every 2 other kits purchased (no maximum limit).  The raffle will be open for at least 24hrs to make sure everybody that wants to join it has a chance, and it will be announced on my Instagram account, here, and on Reddit.

Please follow my new Instagram account for news and updates, though I’ll also post some updates here.

Here's a pic of the Artkey 4 monster caps that will be in the raffle:

(pic by Artkey)
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 April 2022, 14:39:56 by scud80 »

Offline Beni986

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 09 October 2020, 14:50:01 »
Looking Good :thumb:
Noxary T60 | LZ CLSm

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 09 October 2020, 15:32:37 »
very najs!
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline ben56k

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 03:55:37 »
Is there a reason why the novelty kit is at that price? MOQ?

Offline scud80

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 11:48:56 »
Is there a reason why the novelty kit is at that price? MOQ?

Yes, the kits are priced for the lowest MOQ (100).  I would guess that for, eg, Grand Prix it's priced for 250 MOQ though I can't be certain.
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 October 2020, 12:44:44 by scud80 »

Offline -bl1nk

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 22:09:52 »
Really unique set, I like the color palette.

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 03:33:11 »
Yeah , this is a sick set! Good **** buddy!

Offline hong@RebultKeyboards

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 11:13:23 »
Sick! Somehow got a banana vibe going with the colorway  :))

Offline scud80

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 19:59:34 »
Sick! Somehow got a banana vibe going with the colorway  :))

Speaking of bananas ....

Banana and Blank by Fraktal Kaps.  These will be part of the artisan raffle that is exclusive to GB participants, taking place in mid-November.  As a reminder, you get 1 raffle entry per base kit purchased, and an additional entry for every 2 other kits purchased.  Cost of the artisans will vary.

More previews coming!

Offline ben56k

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 14 October 2020, 00:55:48 »
does the entry work from every seller?

Offline scud80

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 14 October 2020, 13:10:44 »
does the entry work from every seller?

Yes.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 15 October 2020, 20:31:34 »

Offline scud80

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 02:32:59 »
The Ergo kit is being updated to include one more R4c 2u, two more R4 1.5u, and two more R4 1u, all in gray.  The price for the kit will remain the same.  This will be updated on the kit renders hopefully later today.

Offline scud80

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 22:31:14 »
Updated Ergo kit render:

This should be reflected on the vendor pages soon, but regardless of when you order this is what you'll receive.

Offline BirgusLatro

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 17:55:52 »
just joined!  great set, scud

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 15:44:56 »

Offline dstaar

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 23:53:16 »

is there any possibility that I can buy more wire keycaps in both colors? so that plunger/wire/dynamite can be strung across the whole F-row.
I like that idea so much!   

Offline scud80

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 12:09:33 »

is there any possibility that I can buy more wire keycaps in both colors? so that plunger/wire/dynamite can be strung across the whole F-row.

I'm hoping to buy a lot of extras of the wire caps, but it's not guaranteed yet.  If it happens then I'd be selling those directly after the GB is fulfilled.  Once I have more definite info I'll update here.

Offline dstaar

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 14:13:17 »
I'm hoping to buy a lot of extras of the wire caps, but it's not guaranteed yet.  If it happens then I'd be selling those directly after the GB is fulfilled.  Once I have more definite info I'll update here.

Yes, please try to make it happen!  If you put it down I'll buy for sure. I already ordered the sets. Cheers.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2020, 23:06:52 by dstaar »

Offline scud80

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 15:33:17 »
One week left to buy GMK Mudbeam!  Vendor links in the first post.

Here's the deskmat design for GMK Mudbeam by Nephlock.  The GB for it will happen after the keyset GB has completed.

The artisan cap raffle is still scheduled for mid-November.  Included will be caps from Artkey, Fraktal Kaps, Ritual Master, LazyCaps, and Hunger Work Studio.  PrimeCaps might make it in, but those might be raffled separately later.

These caps are all exclusive to GB participants.  You get one raffle entry per base kit, and one entry for every 2 other kits purchased, from any vendor.

Additionally, there will be caps from Alpha Keycaps available via public (ie, not exclusive to GB participants) raffle at some point.  A few other collabs are possible, and details will be provided once they're available.

Offline scud80

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 14:20:27 »
Destroyer Caps will also be in the raffle, and I should have a preview to post fairly soon for those!

We're now in the final week of the GB!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 10:56:10 »

Offline scud80

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 20:53:35 »
Here's a preview of the caps from Ritual Master that will be in the collab raffle (these are prototypes).  3 days left to get in on the GB!  The collab raffle will be exclusive to GB participants and will feature caps from Hunger Work Studio, Ritual Master, Artkey, LazyCaps, Fraktal Kaps, and Destroyer Caps.  PrimeCaps may be included, but might be in a separate raffle later.

Fun fact: the Speakers are inspired by Homer Simpson.

Offline scud80

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 12:33:59 »
We're into the last day if you're in the eastern hemisphere!  Here's another artisan collab from Destroyer Caps.  This may be the last preview I can post before the GB ends, but there will also be caps from Hunger Work Studio, LazyCaps, and PrimeCaps that are exclusive to GB participants.

Offline dstaar

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 01:20:20 »
I hope all sets can hit MOQ!

Offline scud80

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 16:03:44 »
I hope all sets can hit MOQ!

All kits will be produced.

Final day for the GB!  I don't have previews for the following caps, but there will also be Al Bumens from PrimeCaps, Meet PopsiSkulls from Hunger Work Studio, and Battle Bears, Jikininkeys from LazyCaps.  There will be around 100 total caps available in the collab raffle, and it will be 1 win per backer so that's a lot of winners!

Offline dstaar

Re: [GB] GMK Mudbeam - GB phase ended Oct 30. Artisan collab raffle soon.
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 31 October 2020, 20:21:40 »
does buyer need to do anything (like go to some webpage and click something) to join the raffle?
first time doing this,

Offline scud80

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 31 October 2020, 20:42:31 »
does buyer need to do anything (like go to some webpage and click something) to join the raffle?
first time doing this,

There will be a google form to enter when it starts.  I'll post links here, on reddit, and on instagram.  The form will be open for ~48hrs so there will be plenty of time to enter.
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 October 2020, 20:44:59 by scud80 »

Offline dstaar

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 31 October 2020, 20:57:02 »
There will be a google form to enter when it starts.  I'll post links here, on reddit, and on instagram.  The form will be open for ~48hrs so there will be plenty of time to enter.
is it going to be shortly after GB closes, like within the next couple weeks?

Offline scud80

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 01 November 2020, 11:36:01 »
is it going to be shortly after GB closes, like within the next couple weeks?

Yes, it will be mid-November.  The actual date isn't set yet as that will be determined by when all the caps are ready to go.

Offline scud80

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 18:30:53 »
Here's a preview of the Al Bumen by PrimeCaps for the collab raffle.  It looks like these *will* be done in time for them to be included in the big raffle!  I'll post more info on the timing once all the artisans have things ready.

I'll also post final GB numbers once they're ready.  Should be sometime this week.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 November 2020, 18:46:27 by scud80 »

Offline Thizzlers

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 06 November 2020, 07:48:50 »
Just had to create an account to say thanks for all the updates!
Just started getting into mechanical keyboards and these are my first Keycaps. Pretty keen to get these and love the colour combo.

Offline scud80

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 06 November 2020, 21:34:13 »
Thanks very much for the support!

Just had to create an account to say thanks for all the updates!
Just started getting into mechanical keyboards and these are my first Keycaps. Pretty keen to get these and love the colour combo.

Offline dstaar

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 19:52:20 »
what's our final numbers, just wondering

Offline arcmyst

« Reply #35 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 23:59:28 »
I'm gonna hold my breath til I get this.
 ;D

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 06:53:38 »

Offline scud80

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 15:07:20 »
images

thanks for the graphics dvorcol!

also, i am indeed getting 150 extra of each wire novelty cap, of which ~125 of each will be for sale when they come in.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 November 2020, 15:22:37 by scud80 »

Offline dstaar

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 17:50:10 »
also, i am indeed getting 150 extra of each wire novelty cap, of which ~125 of each will be for sale when they come in.

I want to buy some extra wire novelty, had sent a message.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 November 2020, 17:59:43 by dstaar »

Offline scud80

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 20:59:14 »
The order for GMK Mudbeam was submitted to GMK today!

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 07:06:44 »
images

thanks for the graphics dvorcol!

Can we reserve these from you now or how will that work?

Offline scud80

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 21:29:21 »
Yes, you can reserve them now.  They're $3 each, plus $5 shipping in the USA.  International would be around $15.  They're being packaged by GMK as 1 of each color (gray and yellow), so if you're getting an equal number of each color then they'll come shrinkwrapped; any extra amount of a single color will come bagged.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2020, 22:21:45 by scud80 »

Offline scud80

« Reply #42 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 21:02:43 »
Quick update on the artisan collab raffle: I'm waiting on the final collaborator to finish up, and I'm hoping that will happen in the next couple of days.  Once everything is ready I'll post the raffle info with prices/procedure, and the form will be up for at least 48hrs so that hopefully everybody who wants to enter gets a chance to.  Info will be posted here, on Reddit, and my Instagram account.

Offline scud80

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 22:30:48 »

Ok, here are the details for the artisan collab raffle, which will be open to those who previously purchased GMK Mudbeam kits in the GB.  There are ~130 total caps available in this raffle.

The raffle will be posted sometime tomorrow, and I'll announce here, on Reddit, and in my IG page.  I will leave the form open until Friday evening, and then invoices will go out over the weekend.  Each person will be able to win only once, unless there are more caps available than entries, in which case you might be able to win two.

Preferences:

On the form you will be able to specify if there are makers that you would not like to win caps from, and you will also be able to specify an order of preference for the different makers.  The caps from each maker will be randomly assigned though.  In some cases you’ll still know what you won in advance due to differences in pricing, even though it’s technically blind bag.

Shipping:

I am doing fulfillment for caps from Artkey, Destroyer Caps, and Fraktal Kaps, while Hunger Work Studio, LazyCaps, PrimeCaps, and Ritual Master will be doing their own fulfillment.  This does mean that if it ends up being possible to buy multiple caps, there would likely be two separate invoices with two separate shipping charges for those.

Shipping for all makers except for HWS and PrimeCaps will be $5 in the USA, $10 to Canada, or $15 internationally.  Ritual Master additionally offers Priority Mail in the USA for $8.  Shipping for PrimeCaps wins will be $7 in the USA, $9 to Canada, or $12 internationally.  Hunger Work Studio shipping costs are determined by their e-commerce platform based on location and desired shipping service.

Caps that are available, with prices:

Artkey: Amu, Goodoo, Raiju, Skudu (3 of each available, $80 each), Two different logo caps (1 of each available, $130 each)
I’ll have a better pic of the logos tomorrow.

Destroyer Caps: RAWR (24 available, $50 each)

Fraktal Kaps: Gray Banana with blank (5 pairs availalbe, $85 each), Beige Banana with blank (5 pairs available, $85 each), Beige Banana without blank (2 available, $60 each)
The blanks are all the same design.

Hunger Work Studio: Meet Popsi-Skull (20 available, $140 each)
If you win one of these you will need to have an account on https://hungerwork.studio/ in order to check out.

LazyCaps: Battle Bear (4 available, $60 each), Jikininkey (4 available, $60 each)

PrimeCaps: Al Bumen (~12 available, $90 each)
Final inspection hasn’t been done on these, so the final number available won’t be finalized for a day or two.

Ritual Master: Hive (7 available, $50 each), Speaker (5 available, $65 each), Watcher (14 available, $65 each)

Offline lac29

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 22:35:07 »
Sick artisans! Kinda cool that they are only available to those who bought a kit.

Offline pcire

Really appreciate this being buyers only!

Offline Thizzlers

Awesome artisans, can not wait!

Offline scud80

Artisan collab raffle form is now live!  Entries will be accepted until end of day Friday (PST).

https://forms.gle/vZVYwjPRYRReMkeo7

Post any questions you might have here.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 November 2020, 20:04:57 by scud80 »

Offline scud80

One final reminder that the artisan collab raffle closes in about 6hrs (midnight PST), in case you haven't seen it yet.  Raffle form link is in the previous post.

Offline stimuz

well, goodluck to everyone who saw that the unscheduled raffle was open.

Offline scud80

Verifying orders will probably take a couple days, and then invoices will start going out hopefully Monday or Tuesday once I send the list of winners to the makers.  I can say that most (maybe all) of the people that said they'd buy multiple caps will be able to do so, and all entrants will be able to purchase something.

RNG is complete.  I'll send lists of winners to the makers in the morning, and send out invoices for Artkey, Destroyer, and Fraktal.  Every eligible entry will get at least 1 invoice.  Everyone who selected "Yes" for Destroyer Caps is getting one of those, and they didn't apply when looking at preferences.  A number of people will even receive invoices for 3 different makers!
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 November 2020, 02:08:36 by scud80 »

Offline scud80

Re: [GB] GMK Mudbeam - GB complete. Verifying orders started.
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 13:57:12 »
All invoices other than LazyCaps are out now, and those should be going out tomorrow.  Unpaid invoices will be canceled sometime tomorrow and the caps re-raffled (for the ones I sent out ... the other makers might do it sooner), so make sure to check PayPal!  I hope everybody enjoys their caps!
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 November 2020, 22:03:16 by scud80 »

Offline ben56k

Re: [GB] GMK Mudbeam - GB complete. Invoices for artisan collab going out now.
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 14:04:24 »
I'm happy to participate!
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 November 2020, 03:49:36 by ben56k »

Offline scud80

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 17:52:19 »
Another brief update.  There are a handful of HWS re-raffle invoices going out today.  I should be receiving the box of Fraktal Kaps tomorrow and then I will send out all the Artkey/Destroyer/Fraktal wins.  Other makers should be doing their fulfillment soon as well.

Offline scud80

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 16:24:49 »
All collab artisans have been shipped now.

I have a few remaining from unpaid invoices, which are available FCFS.  Send me a pm here or on Discord (scud80#9392).  There are 4 Destroyer RAWRs ($50+shipping), 1 beige Fraktal Banana ($65+shipping), and 1 gray Fraktal Banana ($65+shipping).

Offline dstaar

Re: [GB] GMK Mudbeam - GB complete. All collab artisans shipped.
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 13:05:10 »
any other ArtKey buyer has not got shipping update ?

Offline lac29

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 14:33:21 »
any other ArtKey buyer has not got shipping update ?

Me. I'm in the USA.

Offline ben56k

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 15:08:31 »
I got something from Jake T. the 15th. I think it is that.

Offline lac29

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 15:21:27 »

You are correct. I found that email with tracking.

Offline dstaar

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 01:37:06 »

Great I found it too, thanks!   Also thanks to scud sending me the tracking in msg.  Happy now  ;D

Offline zekth

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 12:22:46 »

Offline scud80

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 23:19:37 »
Oooh does this mean I'm an influencer now?  Pls send all the free things kthx.

Offline scud80

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 22:30:15 »
Just got the first round of samples in over the weekend.  Here are some pics:

All three colors need to be darker, but to varying degrees.  The beige is quite close to the target; the yellow is also close but not as close as the beige.  The gray needs to be several shades darker, and maybe a little less blue.  Overall though, I'm quite happy with these as a first pass given the trouble some other sets have had with color matching.  I expect the beige and yellow to be close enough to greenlight on the next pass, and the gray might need 1-2 extra to get it dialed in (or maybe they'll nail it next time), but I'm very confident now that the final result will be satisfactory.  I'll update again when round 2 of the samples arrives.

Offline dstaar

Re: [GB] GMK Mudbeam - GB complete. First color samples received.
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 00:36:09 »
any news?

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 06:39:08 »
any news?

We just got in new color samples. So far Beige and Yellow are approved. Grey was still too light, but no longer had the blue tint. Working with GMK on getting the third round for grey.

Offline grezeh

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 16:44:07 »
So probably can expect next update in a ~month? :-X

Offline scud80

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 20:21:58 »
My apologies ... I neglected to post an update when the R2 samples came in.

R1 is underneath, R2 to the right.

R1 left, R2 right

R1 left, R2 right

R2 left, HWS artisan to the right

Another pic with R2 gray compared with the color chip.

As mentioned, the yellow is all set now, so we just need to get the gray right.  I gave them some further guidance on this, namely the closest RAL color, so I'm optimistic that colors will be locked in with one more sample.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 June 2021, 20:25:59 by scud80 »

Offline dstaar

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 16:31:28 »
My apologies ... I neglected to post an update when the R2 samples came in.
As mentioned, the yellow is all set now, so we just need to get the gray right.  I gave them some further guidance on this, namely the closest RAL color, so I'm optimistic that colors will be locked in with one more sample.

thanks for the update!

Offline Thizzlers

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 23:05:52 »
Are there any updates?

Offline grezeh

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 08:16:55 »
I would expect updates in 2-3 month periods considering the situation, so it is a bit early for the next one.

Offline dstaar

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 01 October 2021, 10:51:30 »

any news about a newer version of gray?
thanks.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 01 October 2021, 16:46:01 »

any news about a newer version of gray?
thanks.

still waiting. most likely 1-2 months

Offline scud80

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 24 November 2021, 19:16:46 »
New gray finally came in at the end of last week.  NK forwarded one to me, and we're now finally set on the colormatching.  Note to self in the future: pick the closest RAL color to begin with to save lots of time.  Turns out matching to a physical object is not particularly easy.

Offline Jerow23

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 11:02:11 »
What update you can provide on this GB?

Offline scud80

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 12:33:57 »
No new updates.  Colors were approved in November, all the other pre-fabrication bits were approved a couple weeks later and we've been in the queue since then.  At the mercy of their manufacturing schedule now.  Once we get some sort of timeline from them it will be posted here.

Offline grezeh

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 29 March 2022, 10:46:48 »
Shippeb by Mykeyboard for EU folks! in hands Soon:tm:

Offline scud80

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 29 March 2022, 13:56:49 »
Yeah, we went from no status updates at all to "it's done!"  Seems like GMK's new production lines are speeding things up a bit already.

Mykeyboard is basically right next to GMK's facilities so getting stuff to them is much easier than everybody else.  I'm not sure if they use air freight for the smaller orders (Oceania, Canada), but the bigger ones will definitely use ocean freight.  It will be at least a couple months before the vendors receive those.

Also, if any EU people were interested in extras those are already available on their site.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 05 April 2022, 13:01:08 »
From EU, received my set today. Pictures took in low light condition but keycaps are good in real life with enough natural light.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 April 2022, 16:22:09 by nvh2092 »

Offline scud80

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 05 April 2022, 14:40:11 »
Very interested to hear impressions of the set from the EU folks, since it's gonna be a while before I see the kits in person.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #79 on: Sat, 09 April 2022, 12:57:44 »
Not the best lighting but colors are very good. The shadow was my arm handling my phone camera.

Offline mgsickler

Re: [GB] GMK Mudbeam - EU orders shipped, others waiting on ocean freight.
« Reply #80 on: Sat, 09 April 2022, 14:19:02 »
Yeah, we went from no status updates at all to "it's done!"  Seems like GMK's new production lines are speeding things up a bit already.

Mykeyboard is basically right next to GMK's facilities so getting stuff to them is much easier than everybody else.  I'm not sure if they use air freight for the smaller orders (Oceania, Canada), but the bigger ones will definitely use ocean freight.  It will be at least a couple months before the vendors receive those.

Also, if any EU people were interested in extras those are already available on their site.
To clarify on this, NovelKeys only uses air freight for our GMK orders.

We expect to have these hopefully middle to end of April.

Offline scud80

Re: [GB] GMK Mudbeam - EU orders shipped, others waiting on ocean freight.
« Reply #81 on: Sat, 09 April 2022, 15:17:42 »
Oops my bad ... I'll correct the subject.

Offline nvh2092

Re: [GB] GMK Mudbeam - EU orders shipped, others waiting on freight.
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 16 April 2022, 10:30:10 »
Mudbeam on black kbd75, bright lighting condition

Offline grezeh

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 23 April 2022, 08:57:57 »
Having this set on a board for ~a week or two, i like how unobtrusive the colors are. Even though taking out of the box expected more vivid colors.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 26 April 2022, 13:16:58 »
Sets have arrived to us! We will begin shipping out wednesday.

Offline scud80

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 29 April 2022, 14:48:23 »
Just updated the first post with info for sales of deskpads and extra wire keys, and potential for more matching artisan keycaps.

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 02 May 2022, 22:19:32 »
received ergo kit and its not the same as the one in the renders. missing keys. sigh.

render (https://www.scud80.com/images/gmk_mudbeam/kits/renders/Kit_Ergo.jpg)
received kit (https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0865/5368/products/Kit_Ergo_1024x1024_2x_a6fdf1e4-a466-4a8f-bdc6-a929fca0268b_799x449.jpg?v=1602221988)

needless to say the extra keys that are missing (really the 2nd 2uC) were kind of the reason i bought this. real bummer.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 May 2022, 22:23:43 by scoopbb »

Offline scud80

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 03 May 2022, 00:30:53 »
hmmm.  yes, this was in fact an error.  i'll see what can be done to fix.  it will be fixed, but i don't know how quickly that can be done since gmk will have to manufacture the keys. 
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 May 2022, 00:57:33 by scud80 »

Offline grezeh

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 03 May 2022, 12:55:16 »
Just notified mykeyboard.eu too about this (checked the ergo kit, looks same). Luckily not in a hurry: using the rest of the kits at the moment, will need ergo later.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 11 May 2022, 09:20:23 »
Small amount of Mudbeam extras are now available on NovelKeys.

Offline scud80

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 18 September 2022, 15:56:22 »
GMK Mudbeam deskpads and wire novelties are available to ship now. Deskpads are the typical smooth-surface neoprene 900x400x4mm size with unbranded storage bag. Wire novelties are the same ones from the Novelties kit in the group buy. Both gray on yellow and yellow on gray are available.

Deskpads are $20 shipped in the USA, and novelties are $3 each with $4 flat shipping (free shipping with deskpad). I don't have an ecommerce-enabled site so I'll be manually invoicing through PayPal.

Images are available in the form. Here's the form link!