Author Topic: [GB] MARS 8.0 (sorting and shipping)  (Read 69677 times)

Offline captainish

Re: [GB] MARS 8.0 (sorting and shipping)
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 00:16:00 »

Kindly check my pcb, all of em lights up but one is different. All of em are white and one is purple. Can this be changed from the software? I am worried cause i have an led strip that one led color got stuck and can’t be changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm no expert, but you can change the lighting in Bootmapper without much trouble. See if you still have an issue after that?

Offline Paopawdecarabao

« Reply #201 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 00:21:23 »

Kindly check my pcb, all of em lights up but one is different. All of em are white and one is purple. Can this be changed from the software? I am worried cause i have an led strip that one led color got stuck and can’t be changed.

I'm no expert, but you can change the lighting in Bootmapper without much trouble. See if you still have an issue after that?

As suspected, I've checked it with Bootmapper client that LED doesn't change the same color when I change color profiles. Sometimes it is just dead especially the color that I wanted which is Green.

Any Fix with this Sylvester?

Offline thokir

« Reply #202 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 00:32:04 »
As suspected, I've checked it with Bootmapper client that LED doesn't change the same color when I change color profiles. Sometimes it is just dead especially the color that I wanted which is Green.
I'd guess the led is dead... or at least the green part of the led.

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #203 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 00:59:01 »

Any Fix with this Sylvester?
The LED is probably dead and you may need to solder a new one

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline Paopawdecarabao

« Reply #204 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 01:07:44 »
How do I desolder and solder the leds? Argh, this will be my first build. Those are smd's right?

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #205 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 02:00:46 »
How do I desolder and solder the leds? Argh, this will be my first build. Those are smd's right?
I think so.But im not an expert and anything i said may be wrong so check with Sylvester first just to be sure.

« Last Edit: Tue, 24 April 2018, 02:46:51 by crusader_alex »

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #206 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 06:44:05 »
Mine just arrived no issues at all

Offline thokir

« Reply #207 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 06:57:55 »
Show Image

This is the gray one, isn't it?

Does your pcb work fine, too?

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #208 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 06:59:10 »
Show Image

This is the gray one, isn't it?

Does your pcb work fine, too?
That's the silver one.And one of the led's lights orange for me.I'll try to fix it using bootmapper and report back.

Offline Sylvester

« Reply #209 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 07:07:21 »

It seems like one pin of the LED has a contact problem. Could you try to re-solder all the 4 pins of the LED and see if it can fix the problem?

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #210 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 07:08:06 »
My pcb is exactly like that other user reported.It lights up fine in some colours but in others 1 led is either wrong color or dead.

Offline sykim0310

« Reply #211 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 07:25:16 »
194490-0

I got mine.
But there is a serious problem with the pcb.
It does not support 86 keys.
The switch hole is wrong.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #212 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 07:44:07 »
will there be any extras? I'd really like to get one of these.

Offline geewizwow

« Reply #213 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 08:07:03 »
Didn't think to test my pcb last night, will do when i get home...

Offline tlautrec

« Reply #214 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 08:40:39 »
(Attachment Link)

I got mine.

Is this going to be an issue for all who ordered the 86 TKL version??

Offline thokir

« Reply #215 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 08:45:14 »
(Attachment Link)

I got mine.

Is this going to be an issue for all who ordered the 86 TKL version??
I do think so... at least as long as all the pcbs are the same and sykim didn't get like a proto-pcb or something like that.

Offline Sylvester

« Reply #216 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 08:56:25 »
(Attachment Link)

I got mine.

Just asked the PCB supplier. They admit the PCB does have problems on compatibility.

I've asked them to get it revised. It will take roughly 10-15 days. A new PCB will be sent to you. Please PM me if you need to change shipping address.

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #217 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 08:58:04 »
(Attachment Link)

I got mine.

Just asked the PCB supplier. They admit the PCB does have problems on compatibility.

I've asked them to get it revised. It will take roughly 10-15 days. A new PCB will be sent to you. Please PM me if you need to change shipping address.
Wait what?If there was a problem with compatibility why did they send them to you? That's just poor handling on their part.

Offline sykim0310

« Reply #218 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 09:07:19 »
(Attachment Link)

I got mine.

Thank you for your answers.

Offline Paopawdecarabao

« Reply #219 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 10:29:21 »

It seems like one pin of the LED has a contact problem. Could you try to re-solder all the 4 pins of the LED and see if it can fix the problem?

Is this a right way? I’m new to this and I just know how to solder. Haven’t tried desoldering.

Offline Sylvester

« Reply #220 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 10:58:41 »
4 buyers who bought 86 keys layout will get new PCBs: sykim0310, Vewy_nice, hachi8free, tlautrec

Adding more solders on the 4 pins of the LED should fix 90% LED issues. Let me know if the LED doesn't work anyway.

The PCB supplier is the guy who provided PCBs for most Chinese custom keyboards. I didn't expect he would make such mistakes.

Offline tlautrec

« Reply #221 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 11:27:02 »
4 buyers who bought 86 keys layout will get new PCBs: sykim0310, Vewy_nice, hachi8free, tlautrec

Adding more solders on the 4 pins of the LED should fix 90% LED issues. Let me know if the LED doesn't work anyway.

The PCB supplier is the guy who provided PCBs for most Chinese custom keyboards. I didn't expect he would make such mistakes.

Thanks Sylvester! Could you also ask the supplier to make sure that the new PCBs have their SMD LEDs working?  :(

Offline Paopawdecarabao

« Reply #222 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 14:29:11 »
Oh well! Please update whoever fixes their LEds

Offline yaya

« Reply #223 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 15:00:12 »
My smd leds work, but the board constantly disconnects/reconnects.  Can't stay connected long enough to get bootmapper client to let me program.

:rolleyes:

Offline Grimspoon

« Reply #224 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 15:30:25 »

First impression was I thought it looked more grey IRL than I was expecting. I think these photos make it appear lighter than it is. I was worried I accidentally received grey but this is probably silver / white.

Second impression was that there are a few noticeable imperfections here and there. There's definitely some spots I didn't capture in these photos. Nothing too terrible, but not 100% perfect. The brass plate definitely has some cosmetic issues going on.

Third, the two PCBs I bought light up as expected no LED issues at least. I have a Duck Viper which has LED issues like the ones described here and I even soldered in new LEDs on the Viper without any luck. Very glad as I'm expecting to use this as my new daily replacing the Viper.

Edit: On the plus side none of the above is a deal breaker for me and I think the case and PCB look amazing. I'm very happy with how things went especially considering how quickly the group buy was fulfilled and delivered.

Thanks Sylvester!!! Also appreciate the bonus gift, very cool!
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 April 2018, 15:48:29 by Grimspoon »

Offline geewizwow

« Reply #225 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 15:37:44 »

First impression was I thought it looked more grey IRL than I was expecting. I think these photos make it appear lighter than it is. I was worried I accidentally received grey but this is probably silver / white.

Likewise, def a lot darker irl than any of the photos i've seen

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #226 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 15:49:16 »
The prototype pics look like they were taken outside on a sunny day, so they appear whiter than in person. Pretty much all silver is just clear (no dye) anodizing, so I would imagine it's just the way the photo was taken.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Paopawdecarabao

« Reply #227 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 17:05:13 »
@Sylvester

Can you replace the PCB with working LEDs. Adding more solder to it won't work on my situation as the LED is getting power and changing color. Green element is borked.

Thank you
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 April 2018, 17:48:48 by Paopawdecarabao »

Offline Cobertt

• Control on Caps
« Reply #228 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 19:54:50 »
Well, now onto soldering! Super excited to have this built!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
HHKB Pro2 | Mira SE | FJELL | KARA HAZE | CW88 FNF WKL Wine | HHKB Prophet | Tengu | Prototype CW60 HHKB Skunkworxxx | Prototype K80 | Tokyo60 | Gingko65Midway LEKei | Frog TKL | Saturn60

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #229 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 20:13:36 »
Show Image

nice foot
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Cobertt

• Control on Caps
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 20:14:08 »
Show Image

nice foot

I mean it is a quality foot.

HHKB Pro2 | Mira SE | FJELL | KARA HAZE | CW88 FNF WKL Wine | HHKB Prophet | Tengu | Prototype CW60 HHKB Skunkworxxx | Prototype K80 | Tokyo60 | Gingko65Midway LEKei | Frog TKL | Saturn60

Offline Cobertt

• Control on Caps
« Reply #231 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 21:00:43 »
Well I’ve officially found water on Mars. Everything went super smooth, no issues here. Thanks Sylvester for putting this together!

Offline Cobertt

• Control on Caps
« Reply #232 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 22:14:46 »
I am having the same issue that one other person reported, my keyboard worked just fine at my friends house. Now I'm at home and I can't keep it connected long enough. I'm not sure whats going on with it.

Offline Sylvester

« Reply #233 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 22:58:25 »
My smd leds work, but the board constantly disconnects/reconnects.  Can't stay connected long enough to get bootmapper client to let me program.

:rolleyes:

Do you still have this problem?

I am having the same issue that one other person reported, my keyboard worked just fine at my friends house. Now I'm at home and I can't keep it connected long enough. I'm not sure whats going on with it.

Could you try to use another cable or test on another computer? The PCB should work on your computer if it worked on your friend's. The bottom RGB LEDs have great power consumption so don't plug the keyboard to the hub. Plug it directly to the embedded USB ports on your computer.

Offline yaya

« Reply #234 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 23:05:08 »
I had reflashed it a few times and now it seems to be working.  Not sure if it was the flashing or deleting drivers and letting them reinstall.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 April 2018, 09:24:27 by yaya »

Offline Cobertt

• Control on Caps
« Reply #235 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 23:07:26 »

Could you try to use another cable or test on another computer? The PCB should work on your computer if it worked on your friend's. The bottom RGB LEDs have great power consumption so don't plug the keyboard to the hub. Plug it directly to the embedded USB ports on your computer.

I just had it plugged into my mac and all was well. I used bootmapper to lower the LED brightness as default was a little to bright for me. The I brought it back over to my windows computer and plugged it in with a new cable and the old one and they both seem to work just fine now. Maybe it was just a little hiccup but all is working great now!  Thanks again for putting this together, Sylvester!

Offline thokir

« Reply #236 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 00:27:43 »
As mine isn't shipped yet I think I won't have 'all these problems' because you are aware of them now and can check my stuff for it, Sylvester? :P

And regarding the additional, second pcb I didn't initially order: In case you have a pcb with dead LEDs or something like that I'd take it as second pcb, in case you won't have a working one or it'd be noticeable cheaper :)

Offline captainish

« Reply #237 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 00:32:22 »
Tried to resolder the LEDs but I cant get them to work and my multimeter is showing a solid connection. Some LED's end up turning on when I touch the multimeter or soldering iron to them, but I am too lazy to figure out what is wrong. The main issue I have is that the screws/tapped holes for the screws between top/bottom case won't let me tighten the top case to the bottom without the acrylic midsection. Either the holes were tapped too short, the screws are too long, or there is too much crap in the hole (which I doubt because I blew them out with compressed air). I'd be happy to buy another PCB off of you Sylvester if you can show the LED's before you ship it out, otherwise I'm a bit dissapointed with the worksmanship if my board. Gonna have to buy some new screws soon or retap the holes, which I don't think should be an issue on a delivered board.

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #238 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 00:39:37 »
Another issue that i've had is that the acrylic diffuser is actually a bit of a tight fit in one corner so while it sits flush in the other 3 corners in this one it's pushed in.You can't really notice it because it's in the front side of the board but still.I might try to smooth the inside edge with a file or something so it fits better.

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #239 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 08:50:53 »
Well, I guess I'll have to wait for mynew PCB then!

I still haven't gotten mine yet, I had to delay the DHL shipment because I wasn't home.

I don't anticipate having any LED issues, as I plan on desoldering them (Underglow? Yuck.)

I'll see what I can do about the case screws being too long to use without the diffuser. I probably have the right size tap, I can tap my holes a bit deeper.

Offline Paopawdecarabao

« Reply #240 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 09:37:56 »
Tried to resolder the LEDs but I cant get them to work and my multimeter is showing a solid connection. Some LED's end up turning on when I touch the multimeter or soldering iron to them, but I am too lazy to figure out what is wrong. The main issue I have is that the screws/tapped holes for the screws between top/bottom case won't let me tighten the top case to the bottom without the acrylic midsection. Either the holes were tapped too short, the screws are too long, or there is too much crap in the hole (which I doubt because I blew them out with compressed air). I'd be happy to buy another PCB off of you Sylvester if you can show the LED's before you ship it out, otherwise I'm a bit dissapointed with the worksmanship if my board. Gonna have to buy some new screws soon or retap the holes, which I don't think should be an issue on a delivered board.

Yea same issure here with LED. When I tap and hold the inside it lights. But when ai remove, it suddenly stops.

Offline yaya

« Reply #241 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 15:04:29 »
black on grey w/ 67g zilents

194571-0

Offline thokir

« Reply #242 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 15:12:17 »

(Attachment Link)
Is the gray as dark as on the picture IRL? Or is the pic a bit dark?

But looks great!

Offline yaya

« Reply #243 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 15:16:46 »

(Attachment Link)
Is the gray as dark as on the picture IRL? Or is the pic a bit dark?

But looks great!

Depends on how the light hits it, but I'd say the picture is slightly darker than IRL.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #244 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 16:51:44 »
keyboards.

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #245 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 00:59:12 »
Well i finally got down to building but i stripped two screws that i had over tightened.Anyone know how to remove these?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #246 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 17:12:48 »
Well i finally got down to building but i stripped two screws that i had over tightened.Anyone know how to remove these?

https://www.amazon.com/Damaged-Remover-Extractor-Product-Stop/dp/B00MZCEBII

Offline thokir

« Reply #247 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 23:53:17 »

Oohhhh thanks for linking that one, I want something like this for years but already thought they'd be expensive as **** and thus never looked on them.

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #248 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 23:54:45 »

This one seems kinda big though since the screws are m2 or m3

Offline thokir

« Reply #249 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 00:32:45 »
This one seems kinda big though since the screws are m2 or m3

It sais it'd work on #1 to #4 screws. But I have no clue what a #1 screw is in normal measurement.