Author Topic: Programmable gaming keyboard  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Parak

Programmable gaming keyboard
« on: Sat, 24 July 2010, 23:43:13 »
After plenty of lurking (thanks, you've all contributed to my eventually thinner wallet :yo:), I have a general idea what I'm looking for. I'm seeking suggestions on a keyboard with as many programmable/relegendable keys as possible (hugeness is aok), as I typically have a lot of macros as well as system controls I need to throw around in both gaming and in general use. Ability to program the layout of the main key area would be nice to have as well. Support for at least 6KRO, black or brown switches, black casing, and "obtainability" rounds it out.

I've so far been eying the MX 8000 and MX 8100, but before settling on one of those, I thought I'd check in for any opinions :)

Offline Infinite north

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 00:23:24 »
Might have better luck with one of these. the key spacing makes for a much better gamer board.

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=10205

Offline Parak

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 02:17:52 »
I did notice that one earlier, but it's beige, has no clear caps for legends, and has somewhat odd key labels for someone who only used US layouts. On the other hand, I'm planning on blank keycaps anyway, but that additional expenditure would be a little bit later. Still quite appealing, though :/

Offline British

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 26 July 2010, 03:04:30 »
Or you can get some "regular" keyboard (or cheaper/sturdier/cooler/bigger/whatever) and use AutoHotKey for your macro/programmation needs.