Author Topic: QMK/TMK on B.Face X2  (Read 14910 times)

Offline quanghuy1200

QMK/TMK on B.Face X2
« on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 22:39:31 »
I have a B.Face X2 running on Atmega 32AU and i want to run on some custom frimware ? If possible, can i use the RGB led bottom function ? And how can i upload it to my board.Thanks everyone

Offline wolfv

Re: QMK/TMK on B.Face X2
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 07:27:29 »
If your Atmega 32AU is Arduino compatible, use the keybrd library https://github.com/wolfv6/keybrd
Instructions for uploading are in the User Guide https://github.com/wolfv6/keybrd/blob/master/doc/keybrd_library_user_guide.md

What is a "led bottom function" ?

Offline wodan

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 07:42:51 »
TMK/QMK is developed for the Atmega32U4 family of µController. Those controllers have an integrated USB stack/feature and that's heavily utilized by TMK/QMK.

Almost all other Atmega32 do not have integrated USB and rely on firmware/software USB implementations. The WKL-based PCB are closely related to the Aikon controller ...

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 09:37:45 »
If your Atmega 32AU is Arduino compatible, use the keybrd library https://github.com/wolfv6/keybrd
Instructions for uploading are in the User Guide https://github.com/wolfv6/keybrd/blob/master/doc/keybrd_library_user_guide.md

What is a "led bottom function" ?
Sorry for bad eng.It's RGB bottom led

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 09:39:02 »
TMK/QMK is developed for the Atmega32U4 family of µController. Those controllers have an integrated USB stack/feature and that's heavily utilized by TMK/QMK.

Almost all other Atmega32 do not have integrated USB and rely on firmware/software USB implementations. The WKL-based PCB are closely related to the Aikon controller ...
Thanks a lot

Offline luizribeiro

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 18:06:24 »
Hey, I just finished porting TMK to my B.mini X2.

I haven't tested with other boards, but I'd imagine it'd work for other boards that use the ps2avrGB firmware.

Here's the code: https://github.com/luizribeiro/tmk_keyboard/tree/ps2avrGB/keyboard/ps2avrGB

Let me know if it works out for you too!

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 23:57:50 »

I haven't tested with other boards, but I'd imagine it'd work for other boards that use the ps2avrGB firmware.

Here's the code: https://github.com/luizribeiro/tmk_keyboard/tree/ps2avrGB/keyboard/ps2avrGB

Let me know if it works out for you too!
Your keyboard is using atmega32a right ?

Offline luizribeiro

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 08:25:11 »
Your keyboard is using atmega32a right ?

Correct!

Make sure to update the keymap and create a new KEYMAP macro for the B.face X2 (since the matrix looks different).

Happy to get any pull requests to add support for other atmega32a-based keyboards. I'm planning on making a few pull requests to move the atmega32a support on tmk_core to the tmk repo too...

Offline Applet

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 09:09:08 »
This is awesome work, I have the "regular" B.mini, everything should be good to go for that as well right? I will definitely be trying this when I'm not swamped with work. Thanks!!

And welcome to the forum! :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 December 2016, 09:27:30 by Applet »

Offline luizribeiro

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 13:10:01 »
I have the "regular" B.mini, everything should be good to go for that as well right?

I'd imagine so. The B.mini uses the same firmware as the B.mini X2, right? If it also uses ps2avrGB then it should have exactly the same pin connections as the X2, which should make it compatible with this.

And welcome to the forum! :D

Thanks!  :)

Offline Applet

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 14:33:48 »
The B.mini uses the same firmware as the B.mini X2, right? If it also uses ps2avrGB then it should have exactly the same pin connections as the X2, which should make it compatible with this.
Yes, exactly, there seems only to be some changes to the RGB-leds in X2, which I don't even use, so it should be compatible! :)

Offline luizribeiro

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 18:58:00 »
there seems only to be some changes to the RGB-leds in X2, which I don't even use, so it should be compatible! :)

makes sense! just comment out backlight.c and BACKLIGHT_ENABLE from the Makefile and you should be good to go!

let me know how it goes once you get to it!

Offline Applet

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 02:28:28 »
I just tried it, and it works good, but sometimes I get a double press on some of the keypresses (rare), I guess some debounce setting might be different? Otherwise it is running great, finally I can have SpaceFN on it! The backlight functions also work, I get a teal glow when increasing backlight as in your keymap.

Flasing it was super simple with the program script :D

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 December 2016, 03:11:19 by Applet »

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 08:11:04 »
there seems only to be some changes to the RGB-leds in X2, which I don't even use, so it should be compatible! :)

makes sense! just comment out backlight.c and BACKLIGHT_ENABLE from the Makefile and you should be good to go!

let me know how it goes once you get to it!
and when i go to TMK, how can i get back to normal or using RGB underglow bro ?

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 08:33:09 »
And how can i flash it on windows bro, i don't have mac os.Can i do the same with Linux like Ubuntu or something.Thanks

Offline luizribeiro

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 22:16:22 »
sometimes I get a double press on some of the keypresses (rare), I guess some debounce setting might be different?

yeah, that was lack of debouncing on matrix.c. I was also experiencing it every now and then. just made a commit that will hopefully fix it.

And how can i flash it on windows bro, i don't have mac os.Can i do the same with Linux like Ubuntu or something.Thanks

you can use bootloadHID to flash it on windows. I'm not sure what the instructions are to install that on Windows, though. the macOS instructions on github are just for reference so you know what you need to install really. you may be able to flash it using bootmapper client itself, but I haven't tried that and am not fully sure if it would work.

what do you mean "get back to normal"? if you mean flash the original firmware, you should be able to do that from bootmapper client. if not, you can hold left control and try flashing it again with bootmapper client or bootloadHID.

the RGB backlight works with the TMK firmware, you just need to tweak it to your preferences on backlight.c

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 23:13:15 »
sometimes I get a double press on some of the keypresses (rare), I guess some debounce setting might be different?

yeah, that was lack of debouncing on matrix.c. I was also experiencing it every now and then. just made a commit that will hopefully fix it.

you can use bootloadHID to flash it on windows. I'm not sure what the instructions are to install that on Windows, though. the macOS instructions on github are just for reference so you know what you need to install really. you may be able to flash it using bootmapper client itself, but I haven't tried that and am not fully sure if it would work.

what do you mean "get back to normal"? if you mean flash the original firmware, you should be able to do that from bootmapper client. if not, you can hold left control and try flashing it again with bootmapper client or bootloadHID.

the RGB backlight works with the TMK firmware, you just need to tweak it to your preferences on backlight.c
So i don't need to build it right ? Quite new now :( Just using bootHID right ? Thanks

Offline Applet

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 08:20:27 »
Cool, I will test it out on monday when I get to work :D

So i don't need to build it right ? Quite new now :( Just using bootHID right ? Thanks
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you will first have to modify the matrix and keymap in luizribeiros git-repo to fit the B.face, then make the .hex. Then you could flash that hex with bootmapper client or bootloadHID.

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 08:41:43 »
Is there a guide on how to populate the matrix and keymap to be compatible with B.face?

Offline luizribeiro

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 23:12:19 »
Is there a guide on how to populate the matrix and keymap to be compatible with B.face?

Not really, but it shouldn't be hard. Just open matrix.c and update the KEYMAP macro to make sure you map each key correctly to its position in the matrix. You can look up the position of the keys in the matrix on bootmapper client to see the position of the keys in the matrix.

Offline Laser

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 03:53:42 »
I have a faceU replica (working with ps2avrU firmware). Is this compatible (or, what should I do to make it so)? Thanks :)

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 09:21:06 »
I have a faceU replica (working with ps2avrU firmware). Is this compatible (or, what should I do to make it so)? Thanks :)
What kind of atmega it use bro ?

Offline Laser

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 09:39:45 »
I think it's atmega32a, and it seems to be a clone of faceU PCB, details here: http://blog.winkeyless.kr/66
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 December 2016, 13:20:30 by Laser »

Offline luizribeiro

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 13:48:15 »

Maybe. I looked up ps2avrU's firmware code and it seems to use the same pin-out as ps2avrGB (i.e. the rows and cols of the matrix are connected to the same pins of the atmega32a), except that ps2avrGB has RGB LEDs for backlight. If you follow the instructions I mentioned above to disable backlight I imagine it would work (you may not even have to do that, depends if the I2C pins of atmega32a are connected to something or not on ps2avrU boards).

I'm not sure if the bootloader of your faceU replica is setup to stay in flashing mode if you hold the left ctrl key, so do it at your own risk :)

Offline Applet

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 04:37:07 »
Have been using it for a few hours now and it seems to be working perfect :)

Offline Laser

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 07:18:10 »
Have been using it for a few hours now and it seems to be working perfect :)

Thanks for the details! I gave it a go yesterday, can't report a success yet: I used Linux (Arch), installed pyusb for python2, installed bootloadHID from AUR, cloned your repo, build the hex alright (with 'make'), but ... if I connect the keyboard with LCTRL pressed, I can't flash it (bootloadHID keeps saying "device not found", while 'make program' says something about 'resource busy' - this with 'sudo'). If I boot the keyboard with `Q` pressed (as per instructions from faceW unofficial manual GH thread), I can flash it with bootloadHID, but afterwards the kernel spits out USB errors 'the device cannot be enumerated' and similar). I will try again this evening (I'm not at that computer), from Windows, using the bootloadHID exe provided by ps2avrU firmware; in both cases (success or failure), I'll report back with some more detailed info.

Offline Applet

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 07:33:44 »
if I connect the keyboard with LCTRL pressed, I can't flash it (bootloadHID keeps saying "device not found", while 'make program' says something about 'resource busy' - this with 'sudo'). If I boot the keyboard with `Q` pressed (as per instructions from faceW unofficial manual GH thread), I can flash it with bootloadHID, but afterwards the kernel spits out USB errors 'the device cannot be enumerated' and similar.
Have you tried just pluggin it in regularly? I don't hold any buttons when programming, just keep it plugged in as normal. I only glanced in the program script, it seems to be looking for VID and PID for the USB-device. Is it looking for the correct ID's? (you can check VID and PID with lsusb)

output from lsusb on my mac: Bus 020 Device 016: ID 20a0:422d 20a0 ps2avrGB

I could try programming it using my Linux machine (Ubuntu server) later in the week if you still have issues
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 December 2016, 07:42:35 by Applet »

Offline Laser

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 07:47:53 »

Hi Applet, thanks - yes, I'll also try to run 'make program' on the normally-plugged keyboard, but for that I'll first have to re-flash the PCB with its ps2avrU original firmware (as it is now, the kernel spills some USB errors and then nothing works on that port). I did take a peek in the 'program' script file and saw that it looks for those IDs. Actually, I "think" I did try to run 'make program' with the keyboard plugged in the "normal" way ... I'll have to recheck tonight anyway. The good news is that there are some tests yet to be done (this one and that mentioned in my previous post) :)

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 10:20:12 »
if I connect the keyboard with LCTRL pressed, I can't flash it (bootloadHID keeps saying "device not found", while 'make program' says something about 'resource busy' - this with 'sudo'). If I boot the keyboard with `Q` pressed (as per instructions from faceW unofficial manual GH thread), I can flash it with bootloadHID, but afterwards the kernel spits out USB errors 'the device cannot be enumerated' and similar.
Have you tried just pluggin it in regularly? I don't hold any buttons when programming, just keep it plugged in as normal. I only glanced in the program script, it seems to be looking for VID and PID for the USB-device. Is it looking for the correct ID's? (you can check VID and PID with lsusb)

I could try programming it using my Linux machine (Ubuntu server) later in the week if you still have issues
When u using the TMk on B.Face .How can use upload the keymap ? I remmerber there are a button at the PCB of GH60

Offline Applet

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 11:36:29 »

When u using the TMk on B.Face .How can use upload the keymap ? I remmerber there are a button at the PCB of GH60
I just run "make program" in my terminal, it programs the board and then I can continue typing :)

Offline Laser

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 15:37:35 »
OK, after more digging about the 'faceU' board and after some more tests (windows & linux) I found the following:

- to enter bootloader (flashing) mode, I have to keep 'q' pressed while plugging the keyboard to USB (source: google-translated http://blog.winkeyless.kr/18 ); so this keyboard does not use LCTRL, but Q; I knew about Q, but wasn't sure if LCTRL would do a different thing ('better') or not.
 - the 'sudo make program' fails with 'usb.core.USBError: [Errno 16] Resource busy' and the kernel says: 'usbfs: interface 0 claimed by usbhid while 'python' sets config #1'. I did follow the error and tried to modify the python script accordingly - without success, but I'm not sure the details are important, since what *should* work, anyway, is simply 'bootloadHID -r hex_file' ... which is documented to work for ps2avrU/ps2avrGB4U when hooking the kbd with Q pressed. So I will simply skip the 'program' target and use the explicit method with the kbd in bootloader / flashing mode.
 - I then tried to burn the ps2avrGB_vusb.hex from the ported TMK image both in Linux (using 'bootloadHID') and Windows (using HIDBootFlash.exe), and in both cases after kbd replug the OS disabled the device/port, detecting that it malfunctions.

So, no luck. The good news is that I can reflash it with ps2avrU/ps2avrGB4U (newer) official firmware (and keymap) and it starts working again.

Some more info (in Korean) about faceU PCB:

- http://blog.winkeyless.kr/65
 - http://blog.winkeyless.kr/66

Is there anything else that could be modified in the Makefile? Bootloader size?

« Last Edit: Mon, 05 December 2016, 15:43:55 by Laser »

Offline luizribeiro

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 09:05:07 »
- I then tried to burn the ps2avrGB_vusb.hex from the ported TMK image both in Linux (using 'bootloadHID') and Windows (using HIDBootFlash.exe), and in both cases after kbd replug the OS disabled the device/port, detecting that it malfunctions.

Makes sense to just use bootloadHID. Your firmware probably doesn't implement the functionality to send a message from the computer to the keyboard to reboot to the bootloader, it's not a big deal - having that just made development a whole lot easier to me.

Can you check out what dmesg says when you plug in the keyboard?

Maybe it's something about the way we're setting up V-USB. Perhaps ps2avrU uses different pins for the USB connections or something like that? I'd suggest you to dig into ps2avrU's source code here: https://github.com/showjean/ps2avrU Look for how the pins are setup, the V-USB settings under usbconfig.h, etc.

The good news is that I can reflash it with ps2avrU/ps2avrGB4U (newer) official firmware (and keymap) and it starts working again.

That's always good news :D

Offline Laser

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 15:26:10 »
This is what dmesg says when I connect the keyboard (this with the working, official firmware, now called ps2avrGB4U, probably the newest version too):

Code: [Select]
[  966.993131] usb 7-4: new low-speed USB device number 4 using ohci-pci
[  967.247105] input: winkeyless.kr ps2avrGB as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:13.0/usb7/7-4/7-4:1.0/0003:20A0:422D.000A/input/input22
[  967.303886] hid-generic 0003:20A0:422D.000A: input,hidraw6: USB HID v1.01 Keyboard [winkeyless.kr ps2avrGB] on usb-0000:00:13.0-4/input0
[  967.361571] input: winkeyless.kr ps2avrGB as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:13.0/usb7/7-4/7-4:1.1/0003:20A0:422D.000B/input/input23
[  967.416764] hid-generic 0003:20A0:422D.000B: input,hiddev0,hidraw7: USB HID v1.01 Device [winkeyless.kr ps2avrGB] on usb-0000:00:13.0-4/input1

I'll try to look and compare the pinouts between ps2avrU (or ps2avrGB4U) and ps2avrGB when I have the time; based on your link, I found the 3 versions here: https://github.com/showjean/ps2avrU/tree/master/firmware

'usbconfig.h' for ps2avrGB4U literally includes the ps2avrGB version: https://github.com/showjean/ps2avrU/blob/master/firmware/ps2avrGB4U/usbconfig.h - so it's the same. (but I haven't looked at other files)
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 December 2016, 15:29:26 by Laser »

Offline luizribeiro

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 17:29:01 »
huh, your dmesg output actually looks okay and there are no errors on what you pasted. And it looks like the product description, etc is being communicated correctly to the host... So it looks like the communication is alright? Where did you see that the device was malfunctioning?

Offline Laser

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 04:55:08 »
... because that happens with the official firmware loaded, not your port - I didn't know what you wanted to see.

Offline luizribeiro

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 08:27:28 »
... because that happens with the official firmware loaded, not your port - I didn't know what you wanted to see.

oh, I wanted to see the dmesg output with the port, so we can try to debug.

Offline Laser

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 08:44:52 »
Roger, will flash&report tonight :)

I did a 'diff' between the 2 folders (ps2avrGB and ps2avrGB4U) and - apart from the fact that the 2nd one seems to be missing a lot of stuff (either it's a simpler PCB, or it directly includes files from the other project) - one thing that I saw was that the number of columns is 17, not 15.

LATER UPDATE:

I modified MATRIX_COLS to 17 in config_vusb.h (unfortunately I'm not a hardware guy, so I don't know what else should be modified). Then, I run 'make' to rebuild the hex image and reflashed the faceU board with 'sudo bootloadHID -r ps2avrGB_vusb.hex'.

dmesg only says this when I replug the keyboard:

[  833.293473] usb usb6-port1: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[  834.310203] usb usb6-port1: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[  835.326898] usb usb6-port1: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[  836.343576] usb usb6-port1: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[  836.343605] usb usb6-port1: unable to enumerate USB device

I tried that with 2 USB cables on 2 different USB ports (one in front of PC, one at the back) and got the same messages. But, once and only once, I also got this:

[  710.090768] usb usb7-port4: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[  711.107440] usb usb7-port4: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[  718.314285] usb usb7-port4: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[  719.330967] usb usb7-port4: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[  720.347587] usb usb7-port4: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[  720.720947] usb 7-4: new low-speed USB device number 11 using ohci-pci
[  720.779502] input: winkeyless.kr ps2avrGB as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:13.0/usb7/7-4/7-4:1.0/0003:20A0:422D.000B/input/input22
[  720.835094] hid-generic 0003:20A0:422D.000B: input,hidraw6: USB HID v1.01 Keyboard [winkeyless.kr ps2avrGB] on usb-0000:00:13.0-4/input0
[  720.912707] input: winkeyless.kr ps2avrGB as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:13.0/usb7/7-4/7-4:1.1/0003:20A0:422D.000C/input/input23
[  720.968000] hid-generic 0003:20A0:422D.000C: input,hidraw7: USB HID v1.01 Mouse [winkeyless.kr ps2avrGB] on usb-0000:00:13.0-4/input1

At that point, I tried to press a key and saw at the terminal stdout started to spit endless ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, characters. So, "something" did work. I couldn't repeat the process though, everytime I try I get the "unable to enumerate USB device" message.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 December 2016, 13:12:36 by Laser »

Offline Applet

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 08 February 2017, 04:30:43 »
Just posting to say that this is still working great. Thanks! :) Having TMK on the board is really fantastic.

Offline luizribeiro

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 08 February 2017, 11:30:17 »
Sweet! Btw, I made a QMK port as well recently, in case you're interested: https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/ps2avrGB

Offline Applet

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 09 February 2017, 06:39:10 »
Cool, I'll try it some day. I'll post here and let you know how it goes :)

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 14:30:17 »
Our lord and savior luizribeiro still around? (Out of curiosity)

I wonder if anyone modified the keymap for FaceW/Sprit PCB, QMK build was failing, but the TMK build worked, and I installed TMK on Sprit PCB without issues, but the matrix is quite different than the default one, going to trial and error tomorrow (It's been many moons since I last dived into TMK too, but I'm excited to bypass the usb-usb converter at last)

Edit: I guess I need to shuffle keymap_common.h with some luck and possibly by some BootMapperClient matrix assistance
Edit 2: As I see, it's best to just write the keymap files from scratch, this seems like a good starting point: https://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/how-to-build-your-very-own-keyboard-firmware-t7177.html#p141386
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 February 2018, 14:58:40 by KHAANNN »
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline giammin

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 07:51:28 »

I wonder if anyone modified the keymap for FaceW/Sprit PCB, QMK build was failing, but the TMK build worked, and I installed TMK on Sprit PCB without issues, but the matrix is quite different than the default one, going to trial and error tomorrow (It's been many moons since I last dived into TMK too, but I'm excited to bypass the usb-usb converter at last)

Edit: I guess I need to shuffle keymap_common.h with some luck and possibly by some BootMapperClient matrix assistance
Edit 2: As I see, it's best to just write the keymap files from scratch, this seems like a good starting point: https://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/how-to-build-your-very-own-keyboard-firmware-t7177.html#p141386

i also have that pcb:  facew sprit edition ps2avru v1.0

i was trying to do the same and port it to QMK but i dunno how to find the pinouts for configuring the matrix

is the bootmapperclient opensource?

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 08:11:51 »

i was trying to do the same and port it to QMK but i dunno how to find the pinouts for configuring the matrix

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=58945.0

When you load the default keymap .hex into the Bootmapper, you get the default matrix

------

My progress so far:

As far as I gather: https://github.com/luizribeiro/tmk_keyboard/blob/ps2avrGB/keyboard/ps2avrGB/keymap_common.h - the top part is like nicknames to the keys, in luizribeiro's default version, they are all mixed up, so I assume ordering matters for performance, but let's just start from K00 for simplicity

So basically, you create your own layout in the upper part, then in the lower part, you are to map the matrix you deciphered from Bootmapper, and what turns them into actual keypresses is the ordering here: https://github.com/luizribeiro/tmk_keyboard/blob/ps2avrGB/keyboard/ps2avrGB/keymap_ps2avrGB.c

So if K00 is to be ESC, you find where ESC is in the keyboard's bootmapper matrix, place the KC_##K00 there, and on the keymap_ps2avrGB.c - place ESC where you placed K00, order wise

Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline giammin

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 07:07:28 »

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=58945.0

When you load the default keymap .hex into the Bootmapper, you get the default matrix

------

My progress so far:

As far as I gather: https://github.com/luizribeiro/tmk_keyboard/blob/ps2avrGB/keyboard/ps2avrGB/keymap_common.h - the top part is like nicknames to the keys, in luizribeiro's default version, they are all mixed up, so I assume ordering matters for performance, but let's just start from K00 for simplicity

So basically, you create your own layout in the upper part, then in the lower part, you are to map the matrix you deciphered from Bootmapper, and what turns them into actual keypresses is the ordering here: https://github.com/luizribeiro/tmk_keyboard/blob/ps2avrGB/keyboard/ps2avrGB/keymap_ps2avrGB.c

So if K00 is to be ESC, you find where ESC is in the keyboard's bootmapper matrix, place the KC_##K00 there, and on the keymap_ps2avrGB.c - place ESC where you placed K00, order wise

Hi mate,

any news on the TMK/QMK port?

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 07:26:05 »
Yes, this is for the Winkeyless/Sprit PCB

Here you go:
https://gist.github.com/kaansoral/0e011468c8d9f9b7970b8e9ddca2c455
https://gist.github.com/kaansoral/103c7320ed82910620bcb3719695a3a6
https://gist.github.com/kaansoral/0537bb7ae3d62f2b26f565d71948a86b

The matrix:
192012-0

I created the matrix for this layout: http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/29246eecf5d733689a4bbc9ba9a85178

It's a good starting point, for other layouts, you need to just add more bottom row mappings to common.h and change the keymap accordingly

The port works flawlessly, yet, you can't delay the logic, it breaks VUSB, so it didn't work out for me

Offline giammin

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 09:03:34 »
Great! Thanks!  :thumb:

Offline salasource

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 10:14:29 »
There is also pull request for qmk
https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/pull/2493