Author Topic: [GB]Enjoypbt Black on White with Icon Mods 159Keys---completed  (Read 42084 times)

Offline kbdfans

• * Vendor
Enjoypbt Black on White with Icon mods

-PBT plastic
-Dye-sublimated legends
-159keys
-Cherry profile
-Made in China

Description

The aim was to create a simple and sleek keyset that has the icon only mod legends.
The white used for this set is different from what Enjoypbt has produced before and has a cool/neutral tone unlike the warmer milky white or off-white that you usually find on blank gateron keysets.
Price
Price will be $89 USD including shipping via DHL/JCEX  (Most countries use DHL 5-7days Most countries do not need import tariffs  , and Asian countries use jcex 2-4days )
When buying, please select freeshipping via 4px. The default is to use DHL, please do not choose to upgrade 15USD.
Delivery time
We will be submitting the order once we have reached sales of 100 sets and will take 2 months to manufacture and ship.
Stop buying on June 21, the future retail price is 99USD, store discount code :ILOVEKBDFANS.
Join the group-buying
https://kbdfans.cn/products/gbenjoypbt-black-on-white-with-icon-mods-159keys
Base kit 159keys $89

International Kit  $16.5

Colevrak  Kit $14.9

Color sample

update 

2018-07-28   Sample making
2018-08-31   It has arrived 100set today. According to the order, it is being shipped. The rest is expected to arrive in 1 week

« Last Edit: Wed, 21 November 2018, 17:39:57 by kbdfans »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: [GB]Enjoypbt Black on White with Icon Mods 159Keys
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 09:17:59 »
Approved :3
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 09:21:13 »
Picked up a set!

Love seeing all the new stuff EnjoyPBT is doing nowadays.

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 09:49:53 »
I love pbt and how more dyesub sets are coming out. Keep it coming! Ordered one.
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 09:55:55 »
Has 9009 shipped yet?

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 12:43:55 »
Definitely in!  :thumb:

Offline yonghf

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 13:47:50 »
Has 9009 shipped yet?

I asked them on taobao, R1 shipping out end of May.

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 15:13:57 »
Excited for this! I’m in for a set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 16:28:51 »
This would look great with the M60-A like in some of the renders!

Thanks for bringing this to life!
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 May 2018, 16:53:19 by gok101 »

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 21:01:53 »
In for a set! Good to see new colors for Enjoypbt

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 21:47:38 »
Thanks for making new EnjoyPBT sets.

But seriously, wei, please PLEASE consider EnjoyPBT Muted. That set was made for dye-sub PBT and I can't believe nobody has worked on that yet.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 22:09:11 »

But seriously, wei, please PLEASE consider EnjoyPBT Muted. That set was made for dye-sub PBT and I can't believe nobody has worked on that yet.
This idea has been tossed up before and I have discussed this with kbdfans.
Enjoypbt 9009 was a success and I don't doubt that a Enjoypbt Muted would be as well but there are a few things to consider.

1. KP republic already have a gray dye-subbed pbt set with a very similar tone to the base set of muted.
2. since there are many enjoypbt sets to choose from now, exploring accent kits instead of full kits seems like a worthwhile idea and opens the possibilities up to more variations for the accent colours.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 22:19:56 »

Enjoypbt 9009 was a success and I don't doubt that a Enjoypbt Muted would be as well but there are a few things to consider.

1. KP republic already have a gray dye-subbed pbt set with a very similar tone to the base set of muted.
2. since there are many enjoypbt sets to choose from now, exploring accent kits instead of full kits seems like a worthwhile idea and opens the possibilities up to more variations for the accent colours.

1. I have both the beige EnjoyPBT set and KB Republic's gray+red Japanese set. The printing on KB Republic's one is not as crisp.
2. These recent EnjoyPBT batches from KBDFans have very nice icon mods.

But yeah, no pressure here. Just wishful thinking honestly 🙂

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 22:39:32 »

1. I have both the beige EnjoyPBT set and KB Republic's gray+red Japanese set. The printing on KB Republic's one is not as crisp.

If that is the case, what do you think about a neutral base set and separate accents?
It might cost more in total for the buyer but provides much more flexibility as well.

Offline TheAutoManCan

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 22:47:58 »
I’m a huge fan of icon mods and this set as well but I must admit I was a bit surprised and disappointed when I noticed there’s no R2 icon Control key included.

Offline kbdfans

• * Vendor
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 22:50:59 »
Has 9009 shipped yet?

Hi
R1 order shipping end of this month,R2 order Shipments in mid June ;D

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 23:50:11 »

If that is the case, what do you think about a neutral base set and separate accents?
It might cost more in total for the buyer but provides much more flexibility as well.

You mean similar to how GMK Muted did it? Yeah I'm sure many would be OK with that.

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 07:56:12 »
Has 9009 shipped yet?

Hi
R1 order shipping end of this month,R2 order Shipments in mid June ;D
Thanks for the info. Might be in for a set of 9009.

Offline DJ Shoko

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 12:35:00 »

You mean similar to how GMK Muted did it? Yeah I'm sure many would be OK with that.

Show Image

I think the idea of accent keys kits would be incredibly popular tbh, Muted accents in particular and maybe 9009 (but there's a full set for those atm and I dunno if it'll ever get split as an individual set.

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 18:52:43 »
The only reason I'm not buying this is because it doesn't appear to have a 6u center-stem spacebar.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 19:27:31 »
The only reason I'm not buying this is because it doesn't appear to have a 6u center-stem spacebar.
Enjoypbt only have off centre 6u I'm afraid.

Offline codywanks

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 13:41:13 »
Would anyone happen to know if these are lighter/darker than GMK's CP or WS1?

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 17:12:56 »
Would anyone happen to know if these are lighter/darker than GMK's CP or WS1?

They haven't made color yet though I'd guess closer to CP?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 19:19:17 »
It's hard to compare colours on the screen.
Does anybody know where I could get a set of the GMK standard colour samples?

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 20:07:26 »
12 sets to 'moq'
keyboards.

Offline goodman247

• It's confirmed, I'm an idiot.
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 21:51:31 »
This set actually looks plainly elegant and nice :)

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 03:30:03 »

But yeah, no pressure here. Just wishful thinking honestly

Show Image

I like this idea, but wouldn't a new base set need to be made? Isn't the current GB for a uniform white color (both mods and alphas)? Alternatively the accent kits and slightly darker grey mods could be sold to get that muted effect?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 03:32:45 »
The idea is that the accent kit would be sold totally separately and you could use it with BoW or possibly a future set based on Muted.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 03:46:41 »
The idea is that the accent kit would be sold totally separately and you could use it with BoW or possibly a future set based on Muted.
Decisions decisions decisions. Do I buy BoW now to use with possibly future accent kits, or do I hold out for a possible kit based on muted to be paired with  possible accent kits in the future. Scenario 1 has only 1 uncertainty whereas scenario 2 has 2 uncertainties but it contains the set based on muted, which is what I want. Hmmm, first world problems, am I right?

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 09:47:17 »

I would be interested in accent kits as well. Would be a little more expensive but could mix and match.

Offline TastyNico

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 09:56:28 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 February 2023, 23:42:38 by TastyNico »

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 18:06:39 »
For those that missed my reddit post, here is a link to the final colour sample for the white https://i.imgur.com/TjmyXCz.jpg.

Production for the caps themselves have been arranged and we are in the process of amending the legends to fix some of the issues that came up with the Enjoypbt 9009 set.
This process will take a week.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 05:08:24 »
Another update: We are waiting for a sample to be produced to see if there are any adjustments required.
I have already updated most of the legends on the base set whether it be sizing, alignment or a full redraw.
Attached are some examples of changes I've made.

I will be looking at how the design file and manufactured keys correlate with regards to alignments and I will likely be tweaking the design file again before we go for another round of samples are made.
Sorry about the delays but I want this to be good.

Offline nastrovje

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 11:36:16 »
Can't wait  :D

Please also make sure the Backspace arrow is big enough, unlike with epbt 9009

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 12:19:16 »

I think the intention is to use the X for backspace and not the arrow however it's a little inconclusive as the layout differs from the renders.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 15:08:19 »

I think the intention is to use the X for backspace and not the arrow however it's a little inconclusive as the layout differs from the renders.

It will be an arrow for the usual backspace and box arrow for the hhkb backspace. The small arrow was the first thing I fixed but I have also tweaked all the arrow legends to be slightly more pointy.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 15:35:33 »

This x1000. It's literally a free cash grab. I'd buy like 2 or 3 sets of it if it ever actually dropped. pbt>abs nearly every time.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 15:37:15 »

This x1000. It's literally a free cash grab. I'd buy like 2 or 3 sets of it if it ever actually dropped. pbt>abs nearly every time.
One thing at a time. We are waiting for samples to be made of accents that would fit BoW and a future set.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 16:01:12 »

One thing at a time. We are waiting for samples to be made of accents that would fit BoW and a future set.

Yup, of course. I'm actually in for a set of epbt BoW so I'm super hyped for this as well!

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 16:07:40 »
I think ePBT Muted is in hiatus as Wei reached out to Jchan to get his "permission" but it sounds like that fell through...

Offline Dovan1405

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 03:40:25 »
I think ePBT Muted is in hiatus as Wei reached out to Jchan to get his "permission" but it sounds like that fell through...
I wont mind using this with the accents but first... needa find some accents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 04:22:11 »
Any extra o round 2 in the future? I miss that  :confused:

KMK Labs.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 04:49:43 »
Any extra o round 2 in the future? I miss that  :confused:

KMK Labs.
There will be but will probably delay it to see what the feedback is from the first round.

Offline fine_italian_leather

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 09:29:44 »
+1 for epbt muted.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
Re: [GB]Enjoypbt Black on White with Icon Mods 159Keys---Sample making
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 22:05:30 »
Hi everybody,
I've just been sent some low res pics of the prototype by the manufacturer.
They will be sending the samples to KBDfans and should reach them tomorrow.
Hopefully we can get some high res pics for you all.

Depending on how the prototype has turned out, we will either proceed with production or request another sample after adjustments have been made.

Sorry for the delays

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 06:33:32 »
Looks like good ol' ePBT to me. More exited about this than most other sets.

Offline oumakavoula

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 07:26:50 »
looking good !

Offline Gacct

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 10:53:31 »
Glad I hopped on this, should look great on my grey norbatouch. Now lets get that MUTED going!

Offline Poblopuablo

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 10:56:09 »
Shame it is too late to join :/

Offline nastrovje

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 15:26:12 »
Nice! I am very glad this is happening.

This will be stocked on the site afterwards, correct?