Author Topic: [GB]GSUS (New Panda) Linear Switch (price reduced to $0.6)  (Read 171547 times)

Offline jobest06

Re: [GB]GSUS (New Panda) Linear Switch (price reduced to $0.6)
« Reply #800 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 19:33:00 »
This is a long shot but does anyone here have any extra GSUS pandas they are willing to sell? I'm located in Ontario outside of Toronto. Thanks :)

Offline frothy

« Reply #801 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 16:14:29 »
Got them! Praise GSUS! Thanks Supervan :D

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #802 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 18:12:21 »
Any opinions on what springs to use with these housings? The stock spring doesn't look like much on visual inspection.

If they are the same springs that YOK Red Pandas use (which considering YOKs are the same as GSUS, just a different color I'd bet they are) you're absolutely right, they're trash. When I first got my YOKs I did some messing around with swapping the stems & springs of few different switches with them. I put a YOK spring & Halo stem in a V2 Zealio housing & the YOK spring created the worst spring noise I have ever heard. Crunch or ping are woefully understating the sounds that came out that monstrosity, basically it was a very loud grinding noise! That said they did not sound nearly that bad in the YOK housings, but it did kill any confidence I have in using those springs in any switch.

Anyways the springs I used for my "Satanic Pandas" were Spirit 72g stainless steel ones & I am very happy with the feel of them. It really depends on your personal preferences on spring weighting, but for me 67g to 78g springs seems to be the sweet spot for Holy Pandas & Holy variants. :thumb:

Offline wellbeing44

• kebord good kebord fun yum yum
« Reply #803 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 01:02:33 »
Any opinions on what springs to use with these housings? The stock spring doesn't look like much on visual inspection.

If they are the same springs that YOK Red Pandas use (which considering YOKs are the same as GSUS, just a different color I'd bet they are) you're absolutely right, they're trash. When I first got my YOKs I did some messing around with swapping the stems & springs of few different switches with them. I put a YOK spring & Halo stem in a V2 Zealio housing & the YOK spring created the worst spring noise I have ever heard. Crunch or ping are woefully understating the sounds that came out that monstrosity, basically it was a very loud grinding noise! That said they did not sound nearly that bad in the YOK housings, but it did kill any confidence I have in using those springs in any switch.

Anyways the springs I used for my "Satanic Pandas" were Spirit 72g stainless steel ones & I am very happy with the feel of them. It really depends on your personal preferences on spring weighting, but for me 67g to 78g springs seems to be the sweet spot for Holy Pandas & Holy variants. :thumb:

Isn't it a given that the only thing worth using in Panda switches and clones is the housing? I've never heard of anyone using the springs or stems unironically.

Offline Starston3

« Reply #804 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 01:03:59 »

Isn't it a given that the only thing worth using in Panda switches and clones is the housing? I've never heard of anyone using the springs or stems unironically.

OG pandas had a decent spring. Clones do not.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #805 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 16:02:12 »

OG pandas had a decent spring. Clones do not.

For OG pandas, I'd still swap them out for SPRiT 65g or 63.5g :)

Offline nulltorious

« Reply #806 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 19:36:27 »
I used Sprit 72g progressive springs, they turned out quite well. No spring crunch and weighting feels snappy.

Offline rondg

« Reply #807 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 22:21:16 »
I used Sprit 72g progressive springs, they turned out quite well. No spring crunch and weighting feels snappy.

I'm really curious about this.. Does the progressive spring have any noticeable advantage over the non-progressive spring?

Offline nulltorious

« Reply #808 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 22:53:16 »

I'm really curious about this.. Does the progressive spring have any noticeable advantage over the non-progressive spring?

I have the 1.1v springs, which feel the same as a non-progressive spring. The weighting at the ends are too similar to make a noticeable feel. However, the 1.2v springs have a greater difference between the actuation(I have not tried the 1.2v yet).

My comment is mainly about 72g Sprit springs being very good weight for Holy GSUS.

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #809 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 00:06:25 »

Do you find that there's any major difference between SS springs and gold-plated? The gold-plated look nice, but they're a fair bit more expensive and I'm not sure if the cost is truly justified.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #810 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 01:42:22 »

Do you find that there's any major difference between SS springs and gold-plated? The gold-plated look nice, but they're a fair bit more expensive and I'm not sure if the cost is truly justified.

there is no difference at all aside from aesthetic

some have claimed that gold springs will be smoother but i have seen no evidence of this either way
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline faxe

« Reply #811 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 04:11:54 »
SF-Express is now showing 2019-01-14 Monday 08:02:00 Out for delivery

17track is showing me:
2019-01-29 06:17
Finland, 【Finland】 The shipment is being returned【 Reason: Returned to sender for receiver refusal】

Never got a local shipping number from anywhere, never got any note or package deliver home or anything.
SuperVan if you are reading this, please message me or I will file for a refund in paypal after 1.5 week

Exactly the same thing happened to me. Tried contacting SuperVan, waiting on reply as well. Did you get any?
ISO Clueboard V2 Zealio 78g -ISO Clueboard V1 MX Clear - ISO 60% MX Clear - ISO Filco MJ 2 MX Brown - ISO is life

Offline spooknik

« Reply #812 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 05:37:03 »
SF-Express is now showing 2019-01-14 Monday 08:02:00 Out for delivery

17track is showing me:
2019-01-29 06:17
Finland, 【Finland】 The shipment is being returned【 Reason: Returned to sender for receiver refusal】

Never got a local shipping number from anywhere, never got any note or package deliver home or anything.
SuperVan if you are reading this, please message me or I will file for a refund in paypal after 1.5 week

Exactly the same thing happened to me. Tried contacting SuperVan, waiting on reply as well. Did you get any?

My switches never came, so I tried writing Supervan a PM and an email, gave him two weeks. Never heard anything. I filed a claim on Paypal about a month ago. The seller should respond and you should work out a deal with the seller. Never heard anything from Supervan. Asked paypal to escalate the claim meaning they will look into it and make decision if I get the money back. So i'm waiting for them to come back with an answer next Monday. I suggest anyone who hasn't gotten their switches to take it up with paypal.

Supervan is MIA and not willing to work things out 1 to 1 get your money back while you can.

Offline Rumai

« Reply #813 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 23:03:26 »
I know I can dispute, but I'd prefer to trust him. I really want the switches, not $$$  :/

Please post any updates re: your disputes

Offline spooknik

« Reply #814 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 23:56:36 »

Today was the 10 day deadline for Supervan to reply to the depute on Paypal. It seems he has not done that. So paypal will make a decision about the case on their own.

I'll update this post with that happens.

Offline cdaman

« Reply #815 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 11:39:59 »
Just got them and I really like the key feel (I never own a holy panda, so I can't compare them)
213698-0

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #816 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 13:17:06 »
Is he still taking orders? From what I see he's kinda missing, not even replying to PP disputes
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline Xynerorias

• Lubin' with glicerin
« Reply #817 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 15:01:08 »
Is he still taking orders? From what I see he's kinda missing, not even replying to PP disputes

No he's not, and even if he were I would strongly advise against it because as you said he doesn't even reply to any Paypal dispute (including mine, that's why I'm writing this down I'm kinda butthurt, I've given up on the switches I just want  my money back at this point) I really wish I joined the holy pandas buy on Massdrop when this rolled out instead of giving this a try.

If you really want some, mechmarket is the place to go :thumb:

Today was the 10 day deadline for Supervan to reply to the depute on Paypal. It seems he has not done that. So paypal will make a decision about the case on their own.

Please do. I'm in the same boat, just a little bit late. I'd like to know if I'll get my money back :D
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 February 2019, 15:04:07 by Xynerorias »

Offline spyruf

« Reply #818 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 18:06:39 »

No he's not, and even if he were I would strongly advise against it because as you said he doesn't even reply to any Paypal dispute (including mine, that's why I'm writing this down I'm kinda butthurt, I've given up on the switches I just want  my money back at this point) I really wish I joined the holy pandas buy on Massdrop when this rolled out instead of giving this a try.

Please do. I'm in the same boat, just a little bit late. I'd like to know if I'll get my money back :D

From my experience with PayPal you will receive your money back. If the switches do appear at a later point the seller can claim the refund back (e.g. you pay then for the switches).

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #819 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 18:27:18 »

From my experience with PayPal you will receive your money back. If the switches do appear at a later point the seller can claim the refund back (e.g. you pay then for the switches).

My condolences. This sucks big time. As for me I'll get some YOKs I guess. Thanks for the advice.
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #820 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 18:58:10 »
Novelkeys has YOK's back in stock today btw

Offline spooknik

« Reply #821 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 02:37:38 »

PayPal refunded me today. Supervan was MIA for the whole process. Thankfully mykeyboard.eu has some Yoks In stock, so I'll treat myself.

Offline Xynerorias

• Lubin' with glicerin
« Reply #822 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 05:34:03 »

PayPal refunded me today. Supervan was MIA for the whole process. Thankfully mykeyboard.eu has some Yoks In stock, so I'll treat myself.

Thanks for the update! Paypal is now looking at my case and seeing how it turned out for you makes me hopeful! I just hope there'll be some YOK left when they'll refund me! I kinda wanted to get the OG look with the white housing from the GSUS though but I think I'm past that now.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #823 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 10:08:52 »
Seeing all the problems throughout as well as the lack of communication and unwillingness to refund "missing" orders

Offline rudy44

« Reply #824 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 07:14:48 »
Seeing all the problems throughout as well as the lack of communication and unwillingness to refund "missing" orders

Show Image

and the dishonesty regarding the shipping costs.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #825 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 19:32:17 »
Hi, guys,

I'm SuperVan. I'm pleased to announce that the Gsus Switches group buy is now live.

First of all, I want to express my sincere gratitude for friends who have supported me and apology to some Geekhack users who have supported me but I responded negatively. As you guys probably have seen on the IC thread, I received attacks from some with vicious intentions. These vicious attackers’ verbal abuse made me feel depressed. I regret having said something irrational when I feel I was being wronged. Sometimes I can't precisely express my thoughts because of a lack of solid grasp of English, compounded with cultural differences. However, some ill-intentioned attackers described me as a scammer, an unpleasant man, and a person who is only interested in profit in this cause. I countered their points with facts and most importantly, the timely delivery of Gsus. It is simply not fair to me to be defamed without any proof. In the United States, even the accused are innocent until proven guilty. I should have been offered the benefits of doubt, but not endless attacks. Before the actual testings of Nathan Kim, TOPCLACK and Manofinterests, some attackers said SuperVan is a scam. After these three well-regarded streamers confirmed that the Gsus switch is practically the same as the OG Panda, some continued to use other reasons to attack me. I stood up and fought hard to protect myself against these personal attacks. What’s interesting is, in this process, the attackers provided a lot of theories and arguments, but they never provided any actual proof. I think all they wanted to do was to force me to give up to run the GB. But at the end of the day, I think this will come to an end, and I am here, proudly announcing that Gsus switch will be available soon.

To put things into perspective, the past month is the most difficult time for me. I lost my elder cousin, who is also my best friend on Nov. 19th. He was only 31 years old. According to Chinese tradition, my family won't build a graveyard for him because he was an unmarried man and didn't have a child. His funeral service has been done in China, but I couldn't even attend his funeral. I knew nobody could feel my pain at that time, but I had experience traumatic events and this might have made me lost control in my emotions. That said, I feel very sorry for many people I have replied in a mad mood and I would like to apologize for that.

I'm a runner for sure, but It doesn't mean I'm not a keyboard fan. As a guy who have joined many group buys, what I hate most is waiting endlessly. So for this GB, I tried my best to improve the group buy process. The switches for the group buy are all purchase upfront with my own money, which also means I will ship your switches at the as soon as the GB payments are collected. I want to note that some people tried hard to emphasize the Gsus price will be 1.5 dollars. As a matter of fact, that is the starting price, and it can drop to $1. I am very confident about the quality of the Gsus and I am confident about my ability to deliver, so I have decided to change the pricing to a uniform price of $1 dollar per switch, with a MOQ of 10k. Note that this is products ready to ship, not something you typically need to wait six months to get (with a lot of anxiety and hassle). Considering my own financial and social costs I have incurred, and the risks I have taken, I think $1 is a reasonable price.

At the last, I hope you everyone will enjoy his or her life and enjoy the hobby of mechanical keyboards. You have the right to join or skip this GB, I will support all your decisions about the GB. I hope no one will detract this GB post with personal attacks, thank you.

IC thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=97651.0

Reviews
Nathan Kim's Review:

Manofinterests's Review:

Quakemz's Review:

Group Buy Information (Updated)
Name: GSUS Linear Switch (New Panda Switch)
Spring weight: 67g buttom out
Price: $0.6/pcs
Paypal fee: 4.4%
Shipping fee: $15 worldwide (shipping from China)
Deadline: 2018/12/19
Shipping Time: start at 2018/12/20

Join the GB here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf_IsUwOlJuz3xap-mD9QTvrVRzUH_HbVYQCOeFFS6LhiYCoA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Rerun pls

Offline rondg

« Reply #826 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 00:10:08 »
Rerun pls

Why not buy Yoks from NovelKeys_? They are basically the same...