Author Topic: Ducky Shine 3 Coming out soon~  (Read 129518 times)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: Ducky Shine 3 Coming out soon~
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 04:27:11 »
Everything seems to work, except the explorer/calculator keys (the equivalent keys on my Ducky didn't work on the Mac either).

What does it mean? It doesn't return any key code, or there's nothing assigned to the key code?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #151 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 05:09:26 »
Not sure, as I don't have a key code detection utility on the Mac.

Just to say that pressing the key on the Mac does nothing - so the Mac does not recognise anything that the keyboard might be returning when it is pressed.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline w3djyt

« Reply #152 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 05:54:54 »
It's really hard to make a keyboard actually incompatible with Macs. As mentioned, they tend to just ask you to press certain keys the first time you plug it in, then take a stab at the correct layout "Hey is this ANSI?" sort of thing... Then anything it doesn't use (like scroll lock) it just ignores. FWIW, you CAN remap those keys to something else with a utility like KeyRemapForMacbook or something. So if I had to guess, it seems like the key is sending *something* in... it's just something useless, lol.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #153 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 06:23:28 »
Ah okay, that clears things up a lot. Thanks guys.

Ducky year of the snake sounds like that might be a limited edition with that Alu case?

Ducky mini also sounds appealing.

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #154 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 12:16:27 »

My guess is the Ducky Mini will be similar to the Nordic 60% that's been in works between Ducky and Vortex, which is basically an ISO Poker with LEDs. But on a different scale, it'll be your usual ANSI layout. So a Poker II with LEDs ...

Makes sense since the initial release of the Poker II doesn't come with LEDs but the possibility to.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #155 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 12:23:37 »
Ducky metal key cap

Show Image

This is actually pretty cool, but like a lot of these kind of keycaps, a little too elaborate for me. One reason why I like clacks so much is that they are still very much a keycap, just with something extra.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #156 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 16:27:07 »
I'd be pretty keen on a Ducky 60%.. Especially if they keep on this path of using hard-to-find switches from the factory!
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline cgmarshall

« Reply #157 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 17:09:09 »
The OX, TIGER, RABBIT, look cool and i love my Dragon

Ducky year of the SNAKE Keyboard sounds interesting.

//Ducky Dragon Yellow LED (cherry mx brown ) // Mionix Naos 5000//

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #158 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 17:09:49 »

Show Image

Loving that collection, dood! Especially that Rabbit! It's so damn purrty with that pink plate 'n all.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #159 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 17:13:16 »
Show Image

I really hope that they don't make the spacebar like that! But the dual LED's in that pic is pretty awesome.

Prepare your wallets!

They should really revamp the ducky logo, as is, it's kind of silly...

lol I agree, it's quite ugly in my opinion.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline cgmarshall

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 17:55:54 »

Show Image

Loving that collection, dood! Especially that Rabbit! It's so damn purrty with that pink plate 'n all.

Yea i wish they were mine its sv_sti Collection  http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;u=17469
//Ducky Dragon Yellow LED (cherry mx brown ) // Mionix Naos 5000//

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #161 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 06:14:47 »
Shall we do the Ducky Mini discussion here?? Seeing that it's been revealed now :)

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=44418.msg919242#msg919242

Offline manoy385

« Reply #162 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 18:18:52 »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #163 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 18:24:08 »

Ooo thanks for the video!!! Surprised Linustechtips is providing this video.

Oh, and my 1337 post dedicated to this video. Check'm aggiejy :)

MFW Year of the Snake wasn't aluminum but camo.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 June 2013, 18:29:45 by VesperSAINT »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #164 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 18:28:51 »
Interesting video!

One thing I found neat was how well the camera was picking up the LED turning on/off at a certain frequency.  Even when backlight was supposed to look steady, it was flashing on/off at a noticeable rate--probably due to a desync between the video FPS and the LED frequency.

Another point of interest is that the aluminum case may not be released for sale--at least according to the video.  And finally... not a fan of that super green camouflage LE model with very green keycaps.  I think Filco Camo did it better with a more neutral khaki scheme.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline gnubag

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 18:46:25 »
i am always going to have that delayed reactive typing mode on when I enter password in public.

so good!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #166 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 18:47:33 »
i am always going to have that delayed reactive typing mode on when I enter password in public.

so good!

LOL I see what you did there :)) Also that christmas tree green caps on that snake.. :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #167 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 21:43:28 »
Ouch!  My wallet!!

That delayed reactive lighting is exactly what I have been wanting ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #168 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 22:10:39 »
Show Image

Any male who looked at the keyboard first has a serious problem.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #169 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 22:15:16 »
Show Image

Any male who looked at the keyboard first has a serious problem.

Oh, hey, there was a keyboard in that pic!

Offline dante

« Reply #170 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 22:54:00 »
looking forward to the ducky 2087:

hardwired cable + cherry stabilizers + tenkeyless + standard space bar = win

Offline Glenn315

• Hey
« Reply #171 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 07:27:07 »
I like the lighting options. :D

Offline Jonny_Lopez

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 11:47:08 »
In your opinion when will it be available?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #173 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 19:20:52 »
Soon (tm)

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #174 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 13:41:32 »
$224.42 for the aluminum full-size YOTS keyboard?

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2844523
[699 Malaysian Ringgit]

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #175 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 13:51:05 »
Aluminum case = want.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #176 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 14:11:31 »
lol really?  That's super cheap for keyboard with aluminum body.  Damn it so tempted noooooooooo my money ~~~~~~~

Otherwise I think I'm still debating on Ducky Shine III or Ducky Zero Shine.  Because Zero Shine really have everything I wanted already.... but I wonder how much quality difference there is between the two.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline expired

« Reply #177 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 16:57:13 »
Want Ducky Shine III TKL asap ! I hope we get release date soon T_T

Offline raspiguy

« Reply #178 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 17:18:21 »

So I just watched the video for the first time to learn more about the Shine3 (other than just what the spacebar lighting looks like)...

While the delayed fade-out reactive mode is a step in the right direction (glad to see they at least tried), I'm gonna be pretty bummed if these ship without what is IMO the single most obvious natural progression from the Shine2 -- a combined low-light all-on (say, 40-60%) + high-brightness reactive (90-100%).  The delayed fade-out they came up with added in would make it even better (for stock keycaps), but that's the first thing I ever thought of after seeing Vesper's reactive videos w/ white PBT -- "How cool would it be if you could still see slightly-lit caps/legends across the entire board?"
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41947.msg844749#msg844749

I think all these snake/pulsing/wave modes might be neat if you want to show off to friends, but they seem kind of silly to spend time on when there's plenty of room still to improve the actual typing experience.  Wasn't the whole point of backlighting on keyboards about being able to see & use your keyboard better in a dark environment?
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 June 2013, 17:28:25 by raspiguy »

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #179 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 21:10:56 »

So I just watched the video for the first time to learn more about the Shine3 (other than just what the spacebar lighting looks like)...

While the delayed fade-out reactive mode is a step in the right direction (glad to see they at least tried), I'm gonna be pretty bummed if these ship without what is IMO the single most obvious natural progression from the Shine2 -- a combined low-light all-on (say, 40-60%) + high-brightness reactive (90-100%).

Edit: Lol this is the third time this video is being posted in this thread sorry. Skip to 30 seconds and you'll see reactive + full back light simultaneously.

« Last Edit: Wed, 12 June 2013, 21:34:07 by Lastpilot »

Offline raspiguy

« Reply #180 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 23:45:22 »
Edit: Lol this is the third time this video is being posted in this thread sorry. Skip to 30 seconds and you'll see reactive + full back light simultaneously.
Don't apologize -- it's a completely different and much more helpful video.  :D  Outstanding find & well done. 

Lots of thoughts/comments:
(1) I'm about 98% sure you're right (can't completely trust that angle/ room lighting -- really too bad that they waited until the 2nd half to turn off the room lights!) and that at 30 seconds he is showing a combo of background+regular_reactive mode. Hopefully the stable / background brightness level can be turned down with reactive still maxed to create a more-noticeable difference / effect -- he doesn't toggle brightness in that step.

(2) Then, it seems like at 48 seconds, he is showing the same combination but now with the delayed_fade-out_reactive.  Really pretty killer. 

(3) And then, at about 57 seconds, seems he stays in the same background+delayed_fade_reactive mode, turns the brightness all the way up, takes the fade-out delay all the way down 'past nothing', until the Fn button LED goes out, to activate a 'reverse reactive' mode -- in this case, instant / without any 'fade-in delay', it seems.  Can't imagine that would be as helpful as the first two for typing, but really nice to know they thought ahead and proactively built it in anyway.

So, as long as these lighting features end up in the shipped design, then looks like I'm going to be adding a Shine3 to my desk this summer/fall, even though I bought my Shine2 for the first time just a couple weeks ago.  Ouch.  But yay.

Other side comments: 

(D)  I'm gathering that that spacebar is going to be standard issue, and if so, is really gonna have to go in favor of a blank WASD replacement -- seems they overreached there as it cheapens the look of the entire board.  Weird that Slick acted like it was such a point of interest/concern -- I actually really dislike any branding or markings on the spacebar at all.

(E)  On the Ducky Mini, I really really hope that they don't stick with that terrible blocky font.  [@Ducky: Play it smart and stick to regular, legible fonts.  Please.  I can buy an ugly $60 QFR if I want something visually hard-to-track.  Please don't do that to a Ducky board / the Ducky brand.]

EDIT:  Also, going back and looking at it really closely, seems like "Slick" from the LinusTech video was actually initially using the combo mode at about 2:47 (but either misunderstood it or completely skipped over it) until he turned the background brightness down, down, & then eventually off, leaving regular_reactive.  When he switched modes, to delayed_fade_reactive, the turned-down/-off background brightness level then carried over.  Still no way of knowing whether there are two separate sets of brightness levels for background vs reactive, though.
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 June 2013, 15:54:48 by raspiguy »

Offline Jonny_Lopez

« Reply #181 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 15:47:22 »
where can i pre order a ducky shine 3 Year of the Snake ?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #182 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 16:05:37 »
you should check Deskthority and talk to DuckyNordic (or Teraset--their EU vendor).
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #183 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 05:26:03 »
Ducky Shine III USB Repeat Acceleration demonstration from Ducky Facebook

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #184 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 06:02:14 »

NNNNiiiiiicccceeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry couldn't help myself  :p)

Offline ImperfectLink

« Reply #185 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 06:33:38 »
Pretty cool. Hope they do a TKL soon.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #186 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 18:22:20 »
PCCG has listed Ducky Shine 3, all full size, and available 30 August.

No TKL :(

Available in MX red, black blue, brown with LEDs either blue, green, orange, purple, red, white.

All are listed at $159.

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #187 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 19:54:38 »
I second the motion for TKL.
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #188 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 08:28:54 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #189 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 16:46:27 »
Personally I'm not too keen on the space bar.  It would be nice if there was a replacement space bar with, maybe, just the Ducky logo on it.  The snake one would be a little too distracting.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #190 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 17:03:28 »
Friend will be in Taipei during release, hopefully I can find a white LED/browns :)
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #191 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 17:07:51 »
Personally I'm not too keen on the space bar.  It would be nice if there was a replacement space bar with, maybe, just the Ducky logo on it.  The snake one would be a little too distracting.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45693.0

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #192 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 17:20:03 »

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45693.0

Yeah, I just saw that, and thought about finding this thread again to post link.

LOL

Offline bigsid05

« Reply #193 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 23:40:47 »
I hate that space bar... why, Ducky why??

Offline Jesse

« Reply #194 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 07:16:47 »
So they snake is all shine, not just a limited thing?  Doesn't really bother me. Its nicer then the huge ducky logo version.

Offline bigx333

« Reply #195 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 12:08:19 »
I really think people is making too much of a deal with the space bar, it isn't much more flashy than anything you find a Razer lol
2TU | LZ-GH

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #196 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 01:05:56 »
So they snake is all shine, not just a limited thing?  Doesn't really bother me. Its nicer then the huge ducky logo version.

There is a limited edition "Year of the Snake" keyboard, then there is the Ducky Shine 3.  Both share the same space bar design.

I think what gets most people is that the front and top of the space bar light up.  With most backlit keyboards (if not all) there might be an illuminated logo on the front of the space bar, but otherwise it is not lit.

This one is.

And being such a large key, with so much illumination, it could serve as a distraction.

Offline LinkPro

« Reply #197 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 22:32:50 »
Any word on the Shine 3's availability? I really want that camo version, will be a perfect match to my Filco Camo :D

Offline knotra

• I ­­­♥ ⌂ ♫
« Reply #198 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 01:45:35 »

that's so sick! its so simple yet its so awesome!! are they going to have that in the Year of the Snake?

There is a limited edition "Year of the Snake" keyboard, then there is the Ducky Shine 3.  Both share the same space bar design.

I think what gets most people is that the front and top of the space bar light up.  With most backlit keyboards (if not all) there might be an illuminated logo on the front of the space bar, but otherwise it is not lit.

This one is.

And being such a large key, with so much illumination, it could serve as a distraction.

i like it like that. its nice to have a keyboard that's different than the rest. i dont see it as that distracting either.
Keyboards: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, Das Model S Ultimate Tactile Soft, Das Model S Professional Tactile Click, Corsair Vengeance K90, Steelseries 6gv2 Black Switch, Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 Soft Linear Action, Ducky DK9087 Shine II w/ Browns, Ducky DK9008 Shine II w/ Blues, WASD Keyboard v1 w/ Browns, Leopold FC200R Tacticle Touch, White Filco Majestouch-2 TKL Click Action, Ducky DK9008G2 PRO Dark Grey Version PBT w/ Clears, Realforce 87U Tenkeyless 45g White/Grey

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #199 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 09:57:21 »
That repeat acceleration feature is unreal :-)

But to make it work in most games it would have to emulate a full actuation cycle (ie emulating repeated press and releases of the switch)

ie most guns in BF has horrible recoil if you keep the fire pressed. But they are very accurate if you single fire them repeatedly. I suspect the software industry would probably correct this "glitch" if people were abusing it with a keyboard able to emulate repeated switch cycles.

Oh and it can easily be done with AutoHotkey. (Emulation of repeated cycles with key pressed)
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)